Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: The U.S. Air Force  (Read 1981 times)

Offline King Klemer

• RItiree - burritos
  • Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cossquad.com
The U.S. Air Force
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2009, 10:46:28 pm »
Hmm...I was a recruiter for the US Army...I see potential for you...j/k. I sucked at it. I was always up front. I guess thats what killed me as a recruiter.

But anywho,

College is always accounted for in any of the US Armed Forces. Its not singular based on branch of service. All tuition and such is covered, except for books. If you want you can use your GI bill to pay for those. Thats what I did.

In all honesty I am glad I did my schooling while in the service than outside of service, like my wife did. We still feel abit of the sting in the wallet when we pay the goverment back for them covering her College before entering. They paid off her debt, but we still owe that debt back, well to a certain degree. Yeah it helped in honesty in the long run. But like for me, I never saw it kicking my wallet in the sack.

But as far as a way to sum up the Services to what you want here is a guideline I used when I first considered joining, (oh god, that was in 1996):
1. Navy/Coast Guard is good for tech jobs, sea-farer positions, and medical. Though Coasties are 75% on American coastal waters.

2. Marine Corps is good for the inner kick ass in you, while being screamed at for not being hardcore. Basically the  jolly green fighting machine. While having a majority of itself being sea to land warfare.

3. Air Force is good for engineering, tech, air warfare, as well as all around general security. I don't count pilot stuff exactly here as each branch has aerial support. (I live on a Air Force installation in Germany, I feel better here than the Army bases. The Air Force bases are guarded by Air Force and a few local counterparts, where the Army posts are guarded by a contracted company)

4. Army is great for all around jobs. It out of all the branches has more jobs than the other branches. You can be a bridge building engineer to a ground pounding grunt, to a x-ray tech to a veterinarian. Also it is the only branch where being promoted from E-1 to E-4 is automatic. Though honestly its not my cup of tea, I think they all should fight over E-4, keeps out the lazy people but it was a selling point when I recruited.

All in all, if you consider joining ANY of the said Services, remember one main thing, Always Always Always, one more to grow on ALWAYS, get any promise, assurance, etc on paper before you sign. From the begining to now during my career I always heard of so and so getting ripped off because Mr. Recruiter said he/she would get this. If its not on paper it ain't gonna happen.

2,800 ft from a C-130 in the dead of night, is a life changing experience, I found mine at 35,000 feet in the dead of night.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 29 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317