Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Tech trading  (Read 5486 times)

Offline cheeseaholic

Tech trading
« on: April 18, 2007, 07:08:36 pm »
One person sends tech to someone, the other person sends money to someone else, who then sends the payment on to the original seller.  Or the money could be sent first to the tech dealer, who sends the tech to a middle man (along with a fee, usually), who sends the money on.  Tech is normally sold in groups of 50.

Offline cctmsp13

• Funktuar
  • Viceroy of the RIA - Maru!
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Economics Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of Great War III RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been a diplomat Has donated money for the RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept
  • war boner is 19.11" long.
  • has 318 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: korinekia
  • Ruler: cctmsp13
Tech trading
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 04:05:11 am »
Something I wrote earlier reguarding tech trading

One of the best way to make money in CN is tech trading. For a new nation tech costs $10,000/level. My nation has 85 tech, and tech for me costs over $30,000/level. Now lets say I wanted to get 20 more tech, wouldn't it make more sense for me to give you new nation, say $400,000 to give me 20 tech then to pay over $600,000 to buy it on my own. After the cost of buying my tech, you still get ~$150,000, and I save $200,000

There are two main ways to operate a tech deal, a 2-person deal, and a 3-person deal (In the following examples, you are the person selling tech).

A 2 person deal is the easiest. Someone sends you the money, and 10 days latter, after the aid slot expires, you send them back the tech. The downside of this is The person buying has to wait a long time for his tech.

The 3 person deal gets around this by adding a "middle man" Often the buyer will send you (the seller) the money, you will buy the tech, and immediately send the tech and a smaller amount of money to the middle man, who sends on just the tech, and keeps the money as payment for use of his aid slots. This gets the tech to the buyer much faster.
(Note, some buyers will put the middleman on the other side of the deal, sending him all the money, with the middleman keeping his cut and sending the rest to you. You then send the tech directly to the buyer.)

There is also the 4-person deal. You and a friend both arrange a tech sale. You each receive the money from your buyer, but then send the tech to the other person's buyer. This gets the tech to the buyers right away without a need to pay off a middle man.

Typically the buyer send the money first, since the selling nation usually needs to use to money to buy the tech. So, it's safe being a seller, since you get the money upfront. Do be sure to send the tech when you agreed to. Renigging on a tech deal is bad. You may think, he can't hurt me, he's far past twice my strength. Well, maybe he can't hurt you, but he can probably payoff someone who can.

Most tech deals are for 50 tech, as this is the most you can send at a time.

I'm keeping this banner.

<cctmsp13[RIA]> www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz9U9qGGYmo
<Drummer[FF]> lmao
<Croix> what the fucking shit
<Croix> did i just click cctmsp13[RIA]
<cctmsp13[RIA]> not sure
<Croix> those two girls murdered a robot, and the robot seemed to enjoy it.
<cctmsp13[RIA]> oh that
<Croix> then they... i don't even know, charged up a portable generator on their vibrators?
<Croix> the fuck is wrong with you:X

cctmsp13, President of Korinekia
Viceroy of The RIA
Sovereign of the NPL

Offline Ice Breaker

• RItiree - burritos
  • Baby Cactus
  • Awards Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
    • View Profile
Tech trading
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 09:49:56 pm »
question.
what is the point of the middle-man??
im confused.

Offline cctmsp13

• Funktuar
  • Viceroy of the RIA - Maru!
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Economics Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of Great War III RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been a diplomat Has donated money for the RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept
  • war boner is 19.11" long.
  • has 318 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: korinekia
  • Ruler: cctmsp13
Tech trading
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 03:29:08 am »
When you send aid to a nation (like the $3 million you send to buy tech) the other nation can't send aid back to you (like the tech) for 10 days.  MIddlemen give us a way of getting the tech delivered without the 10 day delay.  

Our tech farm accomplishes the same in a different manner - each of 3 buyers sends $3 million to one of 3 sellers, and receivers 50 tech each from the other two sellers.

I'm keeping this banner.

<cctmsp13[RIA]> www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz9U9qGGYmo
<Drummer[FF]> lmao
<Croix> what the fucking shit
<Croix> did i just click cctmsp13[RIA]
<cctmsp13[RIA]> not sure
<Croix> those two girls murdered a robot, and the robot seemed to enjoy it.
<cctmsp13[RIA]> oh that
<Croix> then they... i don't even know, charged up a portable generator on their vibrators?
<Croix> the fuck is wrong with you:X

cctmsp13, President of Korinekia
Viceroy of The RIA
Sovereign of the NPL

Offline Reaper1

• RItiree - burritos
  • Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://
Tech trading
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 10:32:15 pm »
Just wondering how you would send tech to someone?

Offline Delta1212

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards The Disorder War Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Karma War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has assisted the HoIA in the Internal Affairs dept Has colonized the Moon! RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been a Triumvir
  • war boner is 16.44" long.
  • has 107 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Verspasia
  • Ruler: Delta1212
Tech trading
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 01:14:00 am »
When you go to someone's nation page, there is a link at the top that says "Aid" from which you can send up to 3 mil, 50 tech or 2k soldiers.
It's ok Delta, the mods still love you.  But the forum skin is not a user and we cannot warn it.

<Away_Srqt[PG13]> thanks for satisfying my girlfriend delta
<Away_Srqt[PG13]> I appreciate it

The Truth about Scientology

Offline Reaper1

• RItiree - burritos
  • Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://
Tech trading
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 12:13:40 am »
Kool I thank you for that info!!

Offline JakeTADLong

• RItiree - burritos
  • Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
Tech trading
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 06:40:12 pm »
I heard middle men are not used so much anymore, can someone tell me why?

Offline Thunder Strike

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Veteran of the Equilibrium War Inductee of the Golden Dong Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has colonized Mars! Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a Triumvir
  • war boner is 19.46" long.
  • has 324 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Storm Heaven
  • Ruler: Thunder Strike
Tech trading
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 07:29:30 pm »
Because you make very little money from being a middle man. You make a lot more from being a tech seller and since buyers outnumber sellers you will never have any problem finding deals. And we hate seeing new members waste their slots being middle men when we can get more tech from you if you are a seller.

Offline Arsenal 10

• Officer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • SPIEZ MASTER!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Four years of Random Insanity Has colonized the Moon! RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Recruitment Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War Was elected to be Captain Planet Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has been a diplomat Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 19.29" long.
  • has 250 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Goonville
  • Ruler: Arsenal 10
Tech trading
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 10:42:25 pm »
Also, it's worth mentioning that it's cheaper for nations to buy tech like this:

Depending on your trades, it will save you about 5% of the normal cost.

Note: This is when buying from 0 tech to get up to 50.

Also note: This strategy can be used when buying tech from any level to save money.

eg. to buy from 23.4 to 70, the cheapest way would be to buy in this order: 1.1 (to get to the magical number of 24.5), 10, 10, 10, 10, 5.5.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 10:45:23 pm by Arsenal 10 »
Chillaxin since 3/23/2008

Quote from: Moth
On the contrary, I think we're being very unserious about this. If we were serious about this situation, it would have been settled in a matter of hours.
Quote from: cctmsp13
If you're good enough for Arsenal, then you're good enough for me.
Quote from: pielord47
Arsenal, have I mentioned how large my mother told me your cannon was? She said it was HUGE.

Offline tlamn

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • Awards One year of Random Insanity IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade
    • View Profile
Tech trading
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 01:36:19 pm »
Hi All,

At what point is it better to be a tech buyer rather than a seller? At 3 mill per 100 tech an obvious answer would be "at the 30000 per level mark". Is it that simple, or am I missing something?

I've signed up to the tech seller thread, but now I'm wondering if that was the right thing to do. My current price is 24k per level and I have 57 tech. If I get 3 mill, and then am expected to send 2 X 50 tech to two people, can I buy all 100 tech at 24k each? As I buy them in chunks of 20 (which I must in the game) will the price steadily creep over the 30k mark (thus burritos me with a loss)? Did I goof in my reasoning somewhere?  

Sorry for a potentially dumb question, but as you can guess, I'm new at this.

Offline tlamn

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • Awards One year of Random Insanity IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade
    • View Profile
Tech trading
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 01:38:40 pm »
[...]
(thus burritos me with a loss)?
[...]

OK that handily takes care of another dumb question I was going to ask.

Offline Turner

• RItiree - burritos
  • Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://customturns.com
Tech trading
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 03:14:18 pm »
Query: What if the money sent doesn't cover the cost of all the tech?

Offline Myrrh

• RIctuar
  • Resident Fujoshi
  • Awards Has donated money for the RIA Has been Head of Recruitment
  • has 2 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Myrrh
  • Ruler: Akito
Tech trading
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2009, 09:07:21 pm »
Quote from: Turner

The money cost will cover the cost for all the tech. Just keep enough tech on hand to do deals (50 tech).
You should think about enrolling in the Cactuar University. It'll help you answer a bunch of questions.

Offline The Angry Alien

• Angry Alien is Angry
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • The Almighty SPAM King
  • Awards Was elected to be Captain Planet Veteran of the of the Bipolar War IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has been a diplomat Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has assisted the HoIA in the Internal Affairs dept Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept
  • war boner is 1.86" long.
    • View Profile
    • Mah Wiki Page
  • Nation: Zagon
  • Ruler: Derp
Tech trading
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2009, 09:20:05 pm »
Actually, if it doesn't cover the cost of all the Tech then (if you're the seller) you lost money, are a failure at buisiness, and need to become a buyer and/or rethink your life.

Just sayin'.

Vote me for Captain Planet!

Quote from: gangs20003
I love you Zitan, and understand the importance of correct spelling and grammar
Quote from: Leo
Final Rating: Charbroiled/Steakalicious
Let's all have a party at my place

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been a Triumvir Six years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Baldr War Five years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been Head of Military Operations Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Internal Affairs Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has colonized the Moon! RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 21.03" long.
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Jenne
  • Ruler: Jenne
Tech trading
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2009, 09:27:56 pm »

You should make roughly $2.1M profit on your $3M for 100 tech deals.  Obviously more when you are on the $3M for 50 side.  As long as you keep 0 tech for yourself, and purchase only 50 at a time, you will makes tons of cash.

Offline Myrrh

• RIctuar
  • Resident Fujoshi
  • Awards Has donated money for the RIA Has been Head of Recruitment
  • has 2 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Myrrh
  • Ruler: Akito
Tech trading
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2009, 10:22:43 pm »
Quote from: Jenne

You should make roughly $2.1M profit on your $3M for 100 tech deals.  Obviously more when you are on the $3M for 50 side.  As long as you keep 0 tech for yourself, and purchase only 50 at a time, you will makes tons of cash.

And there you have it. Sellers should never have "not enough money" and loss profit.

Offline Chatul

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
Re: Tech trading
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 05:04:00 pm »
I just have one question to make sure I understand what I'd be getting into:

Does the cost of technology increase based on how much you have at the time (meaning it can go down after you sell some) or based on how much you've purchased since you started (meaning it stays more expensive even if you sell off as much as allowed)?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 05:06:07 pm by Chatul »

Offline The Angry Alien

• Angry Alien is Angry
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • The Almighty SPAM King
  • Awards Was elected to be Captain Planet Veteran of the of the Bipolar War IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has been a diplomat Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has assisted the HoIA in the Internal Affairs dept Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept
  • war boner is 1.86" long.
    • View Profile
    • Mah Wiki Page
  • Nation: Zagon
  • Ruler: Derp
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 05:08:20 pm »
It's based on how much you have at that time. 50 tech will cost more if you have 1000 tech than if you have 0. Once you sell tech and your current total goes down so will cost, so you shouldn't really have any reason to buy over 50 when you're a seller

Quote from: gangs20003
I love you Zitan, and understand the importance of correct spelling and grammar
Quote from: Leo
Final Rating: Charbroiled/Steakalicious
Let's all have a party at my place

Offline tonlok151

• RItiree - burritos
  • Baby Cactus
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War
  • has 3 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Sopravvivere
  • Ruler: tonlok151
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2011, 10:28:32 pm »
i would like to be a tech dealer. What must i do in order for me to be one and join the alliance?

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 48 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317