Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: New Game for RIA  (Read 617 times)

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
New Game for RIA
« on: February 06, 2009, 05:47:35 am »
so I found this game, that has empire building, diplomacy, war and economy, potentially a lot more fun than CN although it's a little new and only a few hundred playing it so far. their biggest alliances have about 20 people, so if it's right for you we could get in on the ground floor and make a big impact.

http://invasion3042.com/

their wiki needs work (http://www.invasion3042.com/wiki/, not the one that comes up if you google them) but I've already learned a lot, the players in this game are very active even for a small community compared to CN, and they're helpful, I ask questions in their main irc all the time and have already talked to several faction leaders.

it's not a browser game, it's a client game, but it plays kinda like a browser game, although when you get to actual combat it's hexes and turnbased.

the great thing is you can let other people in your faction fight your battles for you if you aren't into that part of the game.

this is important because instead of 'update' they have daychanges, which happen roughly every 2.4 hours. that said it still takes months to really build up your empire. this includes building up farms, basic factories which let you build more buildings, houses to hold people (which automatically fill them ), commercial buildings to make money faster, buildings to mine minerals, buildings to make parts, buildings to make mechs/vehs and train infantry, science buildings, other buildings etc. and they're still building the game up. it is based on battletech but they dont have everything in BT coded in yet (like no air units yet)

the property you occupy are planets. there are 10 sectors per planet. your empire can have a total of 4 sectors. each sector has 4 zones and those are where you build your various buildings and store all the things you build.. and there's a 5th zone, the landing zone, where enemies must land and beat you before they can fight your other zones. you can share a planet with other empires (but not share a sector) and I think you can't have more than one sector on a planet.

factions: there are a set amount of factions in the game and they are prenamed, based on the game fiction. but earlier they were allowing custom factions, so that might happen again. a lot depends on how many people want something, and you can write a help ticket to petition for things. I had a problem with my client not working properly and once I ticketed the problem it was fixed in a few hours. the guy who owns and codes the game (well there's a few of them) is regularly in the main irc channel. so it's really accessable.

there are war/peace/neutral statuses between factions and you can't run a military operation unless you're at war with someone. as for politics well they haven't developed their politics like the community of CN has, yet. from what I'm told the faction leader (which is an in-game position, unlike it is in our alliance) often steps down if someone asks to be in the position, there's a lot of turnover, and of course if that doesn't happen the members can just write tickets to have the guy removed. in the game there's a few gov positions; the way I see it the RIA could function as a governing party, we already have our own internal governing system, although I dont know how many of our gov members will get on this boat. but if we needed to we could stick together in a faction and vote out a bad leader even if we can't just make our own faction. and in fact there are factions with no members yet so there's that too.

as for planets, there's.. looks like more than a hundred, and they can add more but they don't need them yet. travel between planets happens via jumproutes, so there is strategic value in what gives access to what and military ops can jump a max of 3 afaik

there's hundreds of vehicles/mecha to choose from and there's more they can add if they want, it's still growing, it's great. and how it takes shape is heavily influenced by the players. there's a way to jumpstart things and get extra resources etc. if you donate but you dont have to. there's even bonuses for working on the wiki

you can only have one empire. so RIA you can be a trading empire, making money, a research empire, a production empire mining resources or building parts or units, a war empire fighting expansively or protecting the other faction members, or any combination of the above. best of all we can do it together <3

-reaches out hand-

so come with me. there are lulz to be made.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 05:49:37 am by llamavore »

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Agent Lemon

• Troll Legend
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Funktuar
  • Awards The Disorder War Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Inductee of the Golden Dong Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been a Triumvir
  • war boner is 11.31" long.
  • has 149 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Citrus Empire
  • Ruler: Agent Lemon
New Game for RIA
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 10:16:31 am »
i only read the first three lines but i signed up

Offline DrunkWino

New Game for RIA
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 04:25:43 pm »
This interests me
Vote Cthulhu 2016

Offline spaghetti

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
New Game for RIA
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 06:31:06 pm »
this is very interesting...
but how do you PLAY?
EDIT: nvm i didnt know you had to download it. i will try to join RIA as soon as possible if you have already made it
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 06:32:46 pm by spaghetti »

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
New Game for RIA
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 10:42:56 pm »
Quote from: spaghetti
this is very interesting...
but how do you PLAY?
EDIT: nvm i didnt know you had to download it. i will try to join RIA as soon as possible if you have already made it
instead of typing in an alliance affiliation, like in CN, you select from a list of factions, (kind of like color teams but more connected) and these factions are based on the factions of the game universe (its based on the battletech/mechwarrior universe).

currently I'm in the Clan Star Adder faction. you start out on the 'safe planet' while you find a faction to put you on one of their planets. you can go to the politics tab in the client and apply to a faction there.

all the factions can be at war/peace/neutral with eachother, as determined by the faction leader, who usually will be removed from that position by the admin if the faction members complain. I think once there are a lot more players there will be a more automated in-faction political system.

main thing to remember about factions is that, as it stands now, you can switch factions with some penalties but you can't switch from Clan factions to Inner Sphere (house) factions, or vice versa. but you can always try it out and get a feel for it, and then make a new empire. and they might change that later anyway.

so in game we will just be a group of players moving together in one faction or another. we could also be in different factions if we wanted, but then there'd be more chances of separation by interfaction politics and we really shouldn't spy.

so basically we will be an RIA alliance, within an alliance (the faction)

we could also claim our own faction like Northwind Highlanders, a celtic-descended group of Inner Sphere Mercenaries. last time I looked it had no members. but we shouldn't do that til we're better established, IMO, with strong ally factions and so on.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
New Game for RIA
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 10:45:20 pm »
oh, and my empire is named Suthure; my username is llamavore but my ruler name is Carnand Sulderu. the in-game message/mail is under Comms tab. my empire id is 2888

i'm in the irc a lot under 'llamavore'

#invasion3042
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 10:46:08 pm by llamavore »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 34 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317