Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: gamergate  (Read 1686 times)

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the War of the Coalition
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
gamergate
« on: October 28, 2014, 03:51:21 pm »
so, I mostly was unaware of this as it was happening, I saw an article about felicia day getitng doxxed, trending on facebook and thought, man those crazy internet dudes are out of control

so today for whatever reason I googled it or, I don't even remember where I started but I have been reading and watching tubes for at least an hour and this thing is massive.

the crux of it: tensions has been building for years between gamers and the game journalists. the tension snapped when someone wrote a blog about their ex gf (an indie game dev) saying she cheated with guys in the industry and traded sex for good reviews. that brought up concerns about 'journalistic' integrity and corruption, but in typical internet fashion it exploded into something else with doxxing and harassment and false flags and straw mans etc. etc. and it became a contest to point out which side had the most bigots. which I really can't answer. I think people on one side are experiencing a very different reality from another and both are subjective.

here is what is interesting to me though; games make more money than any other entertainment media. where there is money there is power, and that power is sought by people with an agenda. Social Engineers are attempting to break into the gaming culture like they have in other artforms in order to shape society to their standards. Gaming journalist sites are one of the main ways to do this.

Why is this interesting? because when many 'pro gamer gaters' voiced concerns about corruption, they were ignored by the media which instead focuses on the trolls, the crazies, the harassers, threateners, and misogynist bigots. And yes there are a lot of those but that does not logically define the movement, because it is exceedingly easy for a vocal minority to misrepresent a majority in the information age... and not only that but it's easy for a third party to troll or for the other side to send their own in as perpetrators and then play the victim. Remember we are dealing with the information industry, which expands its influence and power by manipulating information. So what I'm seeing is the industry defending itself by manipulating various platforms to discredit those accusing it of corruption. Unfortunately the immaturity of many in the gaming community makes it much easier for them to do that.

anonymity isn't just a cover for random crazy creepers. it's also a cover for people pretending to be random crazy creepers, in order to discredit someone. why would we care about one without caring about the other; as if crazy individuals are more dangerous than crazy corporations? afterall, my initial perception of this was easily colored in favor of the 'victims' and by association, the gaming journalism industry. that was, until I spent more time learning about it.

anyway I think I'll go back to ignoring it now

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the War of the Coalition
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
Re: gamergate
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 04:01:57 pm »
Julian Assange of Wikileaks fame was having an AMA on reddit and someone asked him about reddit censoring all discussion of gamergate and the guy was shadowbanned right in front of julian assange who is basically a modern robin hood fighting against censorship.

anyway I should compensate anyone who read through all that with some pixels

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/821661-quinnspiracy

http://www.kungfugrippe.com/post/100271078119/liartownusa-liartownusa-has-always-celebrated

you're welcome, every cloud has a silver lining, etc etc

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Ogaden

• Spammer of Inboxes
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • I wwebsite as on the internet
  • Awards Veteran of the Baldr War Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been a Triumvir Veteran of the Dave War Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has been a member of the Recruitment Leadership Team Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has been Head of Economics Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Internal Affairs IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been a diplomat Has donated money for the RIA Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 15.3" long.
  • has 490 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.abtirsi.com
  • Nation: Ogaden
  • Ruler: James Dahl
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 07:03:57 pm »
the war is lost, all anyone's talking about in the media is bitter misogynistic nerds who hate women because they won't sleep with them or something
Ogaden, Spammer of Inboxes, Giver of Happy Endings, Retard Savant, Buzzkill Extraordinaire, Protector of Mexico.
:ria:

Offline Princess Celly

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactus
  • Awards Has colonized the Moon! Two Years of Random Insanity User figured out how to work the award system Has been a diplomat RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has been a Triumvir One year of Random Insanity Was elected to be Captain Planet The Disorder War Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Foreign Affairs RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Equilibrium War
  • war boner is 11.85" long.
  • has 87 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: New XGA
  • Ruler: HeroofTime55
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 07:31:10 pm »
War isn't lost.  All but won imo.  Old media is dead.  They say we, the consumer, are dead, because they know it.  You can't judge who is winning the war by what one side says, lol.  Most everyone I talk to knows it's fucking bullshit.

also hello.  my nation was at 24 days.  might have had a heart attack if nations still got deleted lol.

Offline Ogaden

• Spammer of Inboxes
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • I wwebsite as on the internet
  • Awards Veteran of the Baldr War Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been a Triumvir Veteran of the Dave War Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has been a member of the Recruitment Leadership Team Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has been Head of Economics Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Internal Affairs IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been a diplomat Has donated money for the RIA Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 15.3" long.
  • has 490 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.abtirsi.com
  • Nation: Ogaden
  • Ruler: James Dahl
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 07:34:19 pm »
welcome back celly
Ogaden, Spammer of Inboxes, Giver of Happy Endings, Retard Savant, Buzzkill Extraordinaire, Protector of Mexico.
:ria:

Offline Princess Celly

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactus
  • Awards Has colonized the Moon! Two Years of Random Insanity User figured out how to work the award system Has been a diplomat RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has been a Triumvir One year of Random Insanity Was elected to be Captain Planet The Disorder War Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Foreign Affairs RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Equilibrium War
  • war boner is 11.85" long.
  • has 87 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: New XGA
  • Ruler: HeroofTime55
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 03:21:54 am »
i feel like i am told "welcome back" at least once a month.  lol.

i bet my irc expired again too.

Offline undiscoveredbum

• Ain't gonna eat no dead man tater
  • RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
  • Awards Formerly a member of PotD Alliance Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Four years of Random Insanity Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 17.65" long.
  • has 241 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Bumfunk
  • Ruler: UndiscoveredBum
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 10:00:53 pm »
the war is lost, all anyone's talking about in the media is bitter misogynistic nerds who hate women because they won't sleep with them or something

I don't see it that way at all. especially after some people at Gawker fucked up hard and actually advocated bullying. Some of their advertisers are pulling out because of that.
http://i.imgur.com/MI08q53.pngNever argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Rudolph

• Knight Blazer
  • Shangri-La
  • Baby Cactus
  • Awards Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation
  • war boner is 7.04" long.
  • has 3 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Basileia Rhomaion
  • Ruler: Rudolph
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 07:03:09 pm »
The funny thing about this whole gamergate thing is that they literally thought that the release/launch of Destiny would have killed it but boy oh boy, they sure fucked up in that line of thinking, haha.

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 06:46:07 pm »
the culture war is real, man

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 33 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317