Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Giving up my dreams and becoming a truck driver  (Read 3254 times)

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • The Taste of Jeff Goldblum
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Illuminati War Four years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 9.5" long.
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
Giving up my dreams and becoming a truck driver
« on: June 15, 2015, 02:35:48 am »
Thoughts?

I have a lot of truck driver connections at the moment. There are grants I can take advantage of for the schools.

It's good money. And, the lifestyle is something I can get into.

I suppose it's hard considering that I'd stop...doing whatever it is I want to do. Computer stuff. Engineering or something. Political science. Chemistry. The pursuit of intellectual whatevers.

Also there is the pro phoenix wright mvc player thing.

But, it really would be something I could dive into now.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Illuminati War Four years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
Re: Giving up my dreams and becoming a truck driver
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 02:39:17 am »
I'm 27, yall. I've been feeling old for awhile. And younger chicks being into me all the time is really making me feel old, too.

I look young. I look 20. Maybe even younger. That helps, but really, I fear aging more than anything else. I'll take loneliness and dying before 40 if it means I won't have a shitty body.

All in all, things have been mostly miserable and hard since high school. I say mostly. There have been lots of fun times. So, maybe this is how it's supposed to be.

I've always thought I had good luck, but I'm starting to see that I'm strangely and extremely optimistic about my luck. The stories I've told people are just unbelievable to them.

Maybe most people are just boring though.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 02:41:01 am by Hyperonic »

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 02:45:46 am »
I always wanted to go to school, but things just keep happening.

This time it was a 20 year old kicking me out of the place I was staying and throwing off all my plans.

Was going to get her to go with me along with other people. Everyone getting together, getting those grants and government money and going to school and enjoying every bit of the next 4 years before soul sucking white collar jobs. Then blamo drama and twists.

Man like

Doesn't it suck destinies and fate and all that stuff doesn't really exist? No wonder people believe in crap all the time. It's so nice to believe in predetermined purposes in life because it takes away the responsibility of doing that yourself.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 03:19:16 am »
I'm still a security guard right now, but half of the other guards hate me and constantly try to sabotage me while the other half think I'm really funny and cool

Offline Leo

• Common Dandy
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Dave War Five years of Random Insanity Six years of Random Insanity Hero of the RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Four years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of Great War III RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Unjust War Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 14.02" long.
  • has 218 llamas
    • View Profile
    • see my kitty
  • Nation: The Turtle Lair
  • Ruler: Leonardo
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 06:57:14 am »
...chicks being into me all the time...
[...]
...things have been mostly miserable and hard since high school.
Sharing is caring.
looking for new sig
Spoiler for Hiden:
Fuck y'all.

Quote from: Crazyman93
Well, Mia, I honestly think the one thing keeping us from war, is that no one else wants to risk Leo joining them if RIA is beaten to hell
<brians_bot>: kenny > big tits
Currently banned from the IRC channels of NPO, NpO, NpO's Academy, RnR, TOOL, IRON, VE, SOS, CSN, Legion, MK, Invicta, NSO, IAA, ODN, GGA, Paradox, Sparta, Ronin, Amazon, Genesis, FK, tripletonic2, Superfriends, GPA, TJO, Cybernations(the channel), Coldfront(the channel), sex(the channel), RIA, Poisonclan, TPF, nukethanquit, faggotry, slcb, exodus, fok, we_surrender_to_INT, mogars_room, temptrade, Karaoke, gotham, win, misfitnations, MHA, relationships, nordreich, nongrata, war

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the War of the Coalition
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 08:38:31 am »
actually there's a very relevant article about the truck driving industry I will look up for you

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the War of the Coalition
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 08:50:02 am »
so basically I read recently that they have already successfully tested driverless freight trucks, and lots of people think it's the next big thing.

haven't even read this thread yet just going to post these first

brief article providing trucker's skepticism
http://www.thetruckersreport.com/ata-self-driving-trucks-are-close-to-inevitable/

longer article, somewhat alarmist, but lots of graphs and pictures
https://medium.com/basic-income/self-driving-trucks-are-going-to-hit-us-like-a-human-driven-truck-b8507d9c5961

the gist of it is that trucking is one of the last few american middle class jobs, where you access good pay through a technical skill, without needing a degree.

In the near future it will become more automated. There is a shortage of truckers at present so pay will be good for now. But later on it may not be. Although it's possible they will still hire people to accompany the trucks for driver-specific tasks that are hard to automate.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 09:05:30 am »
I also have a brother in the trucking industry. not so easy on families. but yeah, I would say if you do it, keep an eye on the future, a blackup plan. there are technical institutes where you can learn trade skills that will still be in demand. automotive industry, that sort of thing. you could use trucking to earn money for that, or for a college degree. who knows, maybe get into building the jerb-thiefing robots, that'll be a growth industry.

I always wanted to go to school, but things just keep happening.

This time it was a 20 year old kicking me out of the place I was staying and throwing off all my plans.

Was going to get her to go with me along with other people. Everyone getting together, getting those grants and government money and going to school and enjoying every bit of the next 4 years before soul sucking white collar jobs. Then blamo CockPony and twists.

Man like

Doesn't it suck destinies and fate and all that stuff doesn't really exist? No wonder people believe in crap all the time. It's so nice to believe in predetermined purposes in life because it takes away the responsibility of doing that yourself.

i'ts cool to see you open up dude.

predetermination, destiny, fate, none of these things remove personal responsibility. I think of it in a mathematic way, every person's 'will' is like a value, and when you put them all together and look at them from outside of time, you can see them create an end result, like a math formula.  The result is an illustration of the value of those wills, not something that overwrites it. If people see into the future they are still seeing the results of people's decisions which people are responsible for. And since knowledge effects decision making, and knowledge is power, the more you know the more you are responsible for. It is a resource like everything else that has to be used wisely.

anyway, dont' be too cynical. people need help, from other people, and many believe that the human race needs more help than it can give itself. looking at the way societies ultimately can't control or stabilize themselves, I'm inclined to agree. being self-sufficient goes against the grain of being human, we are social creatures, community and relationships are our greatest adaptation. but building those things is, I guess, the hardest skill to acquire.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 09:08:27 am by Jake from State Farm »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Reoga

• Economics Leadership
  • Funktuar
  • Poke rights not poke fights
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been Head of Internal Affairs Has colonized the Moon! Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has donated money for the RIA Four years of Random Insanity Has been a diplomat One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO)
  • war boner is 8.75" long.
  • has 87 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Legion of 2000
  • Ruler: Reoga
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 04:29:12 pm »
Who would baby sit the forums? And forget to pay the domain name?
I can swim
Light a fire for a man warm him for a night
Light a man on fire warm him for the rest of his life
First Immortality then the Bitches
my dear psychopath stop raeping them
Wino

Offline Reoga

• Economics Leadership
  • Funktuar
  • Poke rights not poke fights
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been Head of Internal Affairs Has colonized the Moon! Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has donated money for the RIA Four years of Random Insanity Has been a diplomat One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO)
  • war boner is 8.75" long.
  • has 87 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Legion of 2000
  • Ruler: Reoga
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 04:39:50 pm »
Also there is a limit to how may times I can " tip" the pizza guy. Who keeps ordering tje big sausage pizzas any waye
I can swim
Light a fire for a man warm him for a night
Light a man on fire warm him for the rest of his life
First Immortality then the Bitches
my dear psychopath stop raeping them
Wino

Offline Leo

• Common Dandy
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Dave War Five years of Random Insanity Six years of Random Insanity Hero of the RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Four years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of Great War III RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Unjust War Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 14.02" long.
  • has 218 llamas
    • View Profile
    • see my kitty
  • Nation: The Turtle Lair
  • Ruler: Leonardo
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 05:22:54 pm »
I kind of want pizza now....
looking for new sig
Spoiler for Hiden:
Fuck y'all.

Quote from: Crazyman93
Well, Mia, I honestly think the one thing keeping us from war, is that no one else wants to risk Leo joining them if RIA is beaten to hell
<brians_bot>: kenny > big tits
Currently banned from the IRC channels of NPO, NpO, NpO's Academy, RnR, TOOL, IRON, VE, SOS, CSN, Legion, MK, Invicta, NSO, IAA, ODN, GGA, Paradox, Sparta, Ronin, Amazon, Genesis, FK, tripletonic2, Superfriends, GPA, TJO, Cybernations(the channel), Coldfront(the channel), sex(the channel), RIA, Poisonclan, TPF, nukethanquit, faggotry, slcb, exodus, fok, we_surrender_to_INT, mogars_room, temptrade, Karaoke, gotham, win, misfitnations, MHA, relationships, nordreich, nongrata, war

Offline Buck Turgidson

• Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room!
  • RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • He'll see the big board!
  • Awards Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Military Operations The Disorder War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 11.13" long.
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
    • Spank my ass and call me Judy.
  • Nation: Darwinium of Slugs
  • Ruler: GrilledSlug
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2015, 05:29:17 am »
27 is a pivotal age career-wise.

Trucking is a lonely profession, and I don't know a trucker who didn't develop drinking and drug abuse problems before long. Luckily, you already have a head start.

My recommendation is to take any job you can get and explore. It sounds to me like you are looking for something to find. Go find it, and stop trying to decide what it will be when you do.

I spent years working as an attendant at an underground parking garage. I read a lot, and then got the fuck out of there with some knowledge and a lot of optimistic dreams. Then I went on a walkabout, working here and there, moving cities, and bang, one day someone found me interesting enough to pay a lot of money to and to send travelling around the world. All I wanted was to see the world (without shooting people), and figured that if I did, I would find money along the way. I have a degree, but it is worthless on its own (History and Classics) - it does come in handy however, when applying for residence visas in other countries - any degree is fine, and has as much power in the situation as a passport.

Study what you love, follow passions, and don't let school get in the way of a good education. Of course, I am handsome, charming, and have a big cock, so I can get away with this kind of bubble.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.261 seconds with 36 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317