Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: What is your motivation for swearing?  (Read 5956 times)

Offline nIveK oGre

• Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=220744
What is your motivation for swearing?
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2008, 11:28:52 am »
Quote from: llamavore
Quote from: nIveK oGre
god is a fairytale.  the person who wrote this particular fairytale was smart to put in a no-escape clause in it thus making sure people could always fall back on the ol' "you can't disprove it" line.  it's a nice story but there is better reading out there.

if you're going to make a claim you should be prepared to back it up. either you can prove what you say or you expect people to take it on faith. there is a shit-ton of things that can't be proven or disproven. plz continue making atheists look bad.

LOL

i'm making the claim that you're a mook and my backup is your responses in this topic.
the responses you felt were too long to read, while also stating the bible is a fairytale?

yes!

it's a good fairytale though.  we all know Horton didn't really hear a Who, the tooth fairy isn't the one putting that quarter under your pillow at night, and Santa Clause didn't buy you that Tickle-Me-Elmo doll but no one will ever disprove that Jesus died on a cross for my sins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  i will always have my Jesus on a cross story to get me to sleep at night.
frozen sky

<+Slim[element]> hehe hes kinda big that should be fun

Offline iron snake

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2008, 11:53:36 am »
Quote from: pielord47
Quote from: iron snake
Nivek, if you truly wish to disprove Christianity, all you must do is disprove the Resurrection of Jesus Christ
Once you have done that, the entire faith will fall apart, but trust me. You can't. And any other beliefs like Evolution and crap is just ox. Where did this single cell come from? And don't give me, "Well where did God come from?" He's freakin God he doesn't need a stinkin beginning. He is all powerful and omniscient and omnipresent and stuff. He's not meant to be understood so live with it. Or don't live with it and die and then realize it.
We dont have to disprove this resurrection you need to prove it. Thats just like me asking you to disprove that I have a spaceship infront of my house.
there's only four accounts of it in a historically accurate collection of books. Everyone saw Jesus die and 400 people saw him after he was dead
Good enough for you?
And where are you getting this information from, the bible I'm guessing?

And how do you know it's true because it says its true, nope no circular logic here at all.

Offline iron snake

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2008, 11:53:36 am »
Double posts are bad.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 11:54:11 am by iron snake »

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • Awards Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 4.97" long.
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2008, 04:15:52 pm »
The bible has proven to be historically accurate. Archeologists use it to find places. bible says city here, Archeologist digs and find the city. Bible says person lived, they find their remains.
Ruling over pie since that one time a couple years ago.

Quote from: Wikipedia Article for Portal
Wolpaw further describes the idea of using cake as the reward came about as "at the beginning of the Portal development process, we sat down as a group to decide what philosopher or school of philosophy our game would be based on. That was followed by about 15 minutes of silence and then someone mentioned that a lot of people like cake."

Offline iron snake

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2008, 04:27:08 pm »
The bible has proven to be historically accurate. Archeologists use it to find places. bible says city here, Archeologist digs and find the city. Bible says person lived, they find their remains.
Lots of histroical texts recorded majour cities in ancient times thats nothing significant. How would they even know who the remains belonged to?

The bible also contrdicts itself in many places and has been altered many times through history.

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2008, 03:17:14 am »
yes!

it's a good fairytale though.  we all know Horton didn't really hear a Who, the tooth fairy isn't the one putting that quarter under your pillow at night, and Santa Clause didn't buy you that Tickle-Me-Elmo doll but no one will ever disprove that Jesus died on a cross for my sins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  i will always have my Jesus on a cross story to get me to sleep at night.

writing something off as completely true or completely false is the easiest way to avoid original thought.

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline nIveK oGre

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2008, 08:59:40 am »
yes!

writing something off as completely true or completely false is the easiest way to avoid original thought.

and making up a story about the origin of life and telling people that they can't ever prove it's untrue is the easiest way to become a total douchebag
frozen sky

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2008, 10:36:35 am »
yes!

and making up a story about the origin of life and telling people that they can't ever prove it's untrue is the easiest way to become a total douchebag
barring time travel or some other advanced means of more direct observation, no theory about the distant past can be proven. we just generate relative probabilities from the evidence we continue to acquire. logic is for douchebags?

the reason creationism can't be disproven states that it can't be proven either. so if their defense is already working in your favor, and they dont realize this, any energy you spend arguing is a waste. they either recognize that it is a belief that can't be debated on scientific grounds, or they are dogmatists who can't be taught. unfortunately atheism has developed some dogmaticism as well.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • Awards Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2008, 06:18:42 pm »
Lots of histroical texts recorded majour cities in ancient times thats nothing significant. How would they even know who the remains belonged to?

The bible also contrdicts itself in many places and has been altered many times through history.
do you know the process by which the Bible was copied down? The scribe would take a lot of time to write down each letter perfectly and if they made even a small error they would scrap the whole thing. And please tell me how the Bible contradicts itself.

Wolpaw further describes the idea of using cake as the reward came about as "at the beginning of the Portal development process, we sat down as a group to decide what philosopher or school of philosophy our game would be based on. That was followed by about 15 minutes of silence and then someone mentioned that a lot of people like cake."

Offline iron snake

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2008, 06:24:45 pm »

do you know the process by which the Bible was copied down? The scribe would take a lot of time to write down each letter perfectly and if they made even a small error they would scrap the whole thing. And please tell me how the Bible contradicts itself.
A list of contradicitions from the first google result I got because it's easier:

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/jim...radictions.html

You have to remember that every scribe that copied the bible was under the political pressures of their countries and would by consequence have added or taken our bits to suit there political will.

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2008, 06:46:01 pm »
The fact that you just gave me a link with contradictions prove you know nothing of the Bible and therefor cannot make a good judgment about it.
If you actually read the Bible and find the contradictions and then explain why they are totally contradictory then I will listen, but I will not go through that humongous list that was compiled by someone who you do not know at all.

Offline iron snake

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2008, 06:54:11 pm »
The fact that you just gave me a link with contradictions prove you know nothing of the Bible and therefor cannot make a good judgment about it.
If you actually read the Bible and find the contradictions and then explain why they are totally contradictory then I will listen, but I will not go through that humongous list that was compiled by someone who you do not know at all.
I don't need to explain it I just gave you a long list detailing it all that was the whole point because I didn't want to and didn't see it as necessary.

If you arn't even going to consider what I say really what is the point of this?

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2008, 08:36:51 pm »
you didn't say anything except, "I'm lazy so here's a list."
Why don't you take out some key "contradictions" from that list so I can disprove them?

Offline nIveK oGre

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2008, 08:45:21 pm »
i'm starting to think that pielord is actually jesus reincarnated

how else could he be so blindingly brilliant?
frozen sky

Offline Electric Mango

• R a p e r o f L e o
  • Independent Republic of Orange Nations
  • Funktuar
  • I Make All Your Dreams Come True
  • Awards Was elected to be Captain Planet Has donated money for the RIA
  • has 22 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tiava.com
  • Nation: Mango Nation
  • Ruler: A Vote for Mango is Like a Mouth Full of Awesome
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2008, 08:48:48 pm »
Pielord R great

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2008, 08:52:26 pm »
i'm starting to think that pielord is actually jesus reincarnated

how else could he be so blindingly brilliant?
you're mocking me, aren't you?

Offline nIveK oGre

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2008, 09:12:47 pm »
i would never do that, don't be so modest.  you are jesus aren't you?

how fucking cool is it that JESUS is a member of RIA?!?!?!  someone should inform the CN forums pronto.
frozen sky

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2008, 12:10:48 am »
but i thought i was jesus o.o

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline nIveK oGre

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2008, 12:21:13 am »
i think we all have some jesus in us

so in a way you are jesus
frozen sky

Offline iron snake

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2008, 11:03:25 am »
PRO 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

PRO 26:5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

ROM 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.
GE 1:31 God was pleased with his creation.
GE 6:5-6 God was not pleased with his creation
GE 7:21 All creatures other than Noah and his clan were annihilated by the Flood.
NU 13:33 There were Nephilim after the Flood.
GE 11:26 Terah was 70 years old when his son Abram was born.
GE 11:32 Terah was 205 years old when he died (making Abram 135 at the time).
GE 12:4, AC 7:4 Abram was 75 when he left Haran. This was after Terah died. Thus, Terah could have been no more than 145 when he died; or Abram was only 75 years old after he had lived 135 years.

Go for it.

Also if the bible is condsidered the infallable word of god then why do people see the need to remove or add parts?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 11:04:55 am by iron snake »

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.385 seconds with 42 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317