Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Time Travel  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Echorion

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactuar
  • Yvonne Strahovski is hot. And I'm awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Time Travel
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2010, 11:55:03 am »
Researchers at the Rowland Institute for Science slowed light to 38 miles per hour in 1999,[clarification needed][1] and researchers at UC Berkeley slowed the speed of light traveling through a semiconductor to 9.7 km/s ( 21600 miles per hour) in 2004. This was in an effort to develop computers that will use only a fraction of the energy of today's machines.[2]

now you can (already?) go faster than light with normal car, and guess what? nothing happens.

we cannot go faster than light at the normal speed, but we already slow it down.

that's my theory.

Of course! Everything slows light down, (except a vacuum). This is shown by the materials n-value. It has to do with angles of diffraction, how light when entering a medium diffracts because it slows down.
Formula sin(theta)=n*c.... i think or something close to that.
But yeah, basically it is very obvious that you can slow light down, not very sure how to do it with a computer though.
I just noticed my sig sucks.
I'm going to make a new one, when I finally get around to stop procrastinating...
---

Offline Pattara

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War
  • war boner is 1.95" long.
  • has 2 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://sites.google.com/site/pattnpage/
  • Nation: tailan
  • Ruler: pattara
Re: Time Travel
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2010, 08:29:01 pm »
another theory : get a hypersleep chamber (anyone build that?) and put yourself in.

pros : what we got almost allow us to build one.

cons : how to get back? no way.
Quote from: Thunder Strike
Quote from: Myrrh
Quote from: Viper6525D
This is even bigger than the thing inside ThunderStrike's pants.
What isn't?
That's not what you said last night.
Quote from: Thunder Strike
One dildo shaped nuke per gay member.
Final Rating: You'remother'sawhore/Trebeck

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 24 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317