Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: C-zom's Sweden  (Read 1248 times)

C-zom

C-zom's Sweden
« on: July 07, 2009, 08:40:28 pm »
WARNING, MASSIVE PICTURES

I hope you like reading. This is for you bored folks wanting to know how C-zom runs a nation, a virtual nation obviously. I decided to play as Sweden in Empire Total War for multiple reasons. The isolation in Scandinavia and unhindered access to the baltics. A starting fleet. Good relations with Britain and France, and Swedes kick ass.

The start date is 1700. I am now around 20 years beyond that, or around 36 "turns" total war/civilization style. Here is an overview of Scandinavia which I own, shown below. You'll notice Denmark is missing: they pissed me off.

This AAR (After action report.) will document the rise, and possible fall in the future, of my Swedish Monarchy.

The Empire's land

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/9458/overviewv.jpg
C-zom's Sweden

Scandinavia united under my rule. I still need to convert the Protestants to Catholic or Denmark is gonna rebel on my ass.

I started with this territory except for Denmark and Norway which I took after Denmark declared war on me. More on my military campaigns and a detailed overview of my "Swedish Cores" and her generals later.

Here are the land spoils during the Bolshevik-Nordic wars as I call it. You will notice that Moscow is mine.  Its also burning to the ground.

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/9725/baltics.jpg
C-zom's Sweden

Thats my landmass gained during multiple conflicts.  As you can see on the blue on the minimap, my empire is gigantic compared to even France. Double the size.

The Armies

1st Core: The first Swedish core was recruited on 1702, and has been in service until now. It has had a rough, grinding history starting with the war of Courland aggression. 4500 Courland militia took one of my provinces by the edge of the Baltics, and the 1st core--A trained, well experienced group of 3000 infantry, 25 field guns, and 240 cavalry--was sent to retake Libya.

Disaster struck. For 1.2 hours in real time, the 1st core tore the town in half and then upsidedown but could not uproot the attackers. All 3000 men died. 120 cavalry, including my general Carl Gustav the 3rd, was all that escaped.

Here, pictured, is the front half of Libya and some of the bodies of the 1st core. The 1st core was reunited after Carl Gustav III was executed for his failure, under his father, Carl Gustav the 1st. He went on to conquer Courland, and defeated BOTH Russian armies of aggression. He died on route to Denmark on 1714, ending the 1st core's Carl Gustav history.

At the moment, 1st Core fields 24 guns, 310 cavalry, and 4000 men and are travelling the artic coast destroying Russian ports and farms.

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/5411/89282572.jpg
C-zom's Sweden

2nd Core: The 2nd core was recruited after I needed to bomb lots, and lots, of shit as the Bolshevik-Nordic wars were heating up.  So they were quickly thrown together unto Dulsef the 1st, who is 32 years old and a graduate of the Stockholm Drill School. Kiev and Moscow were taken by the 2nd core, and now it burns Kief awaiting reinforcements. Pictured below is a unit summary of the 2nd Core.

The Grand Fleet:

Sweden's fleet had humble beginnings before ordering some Brigs and forth rate's. While unexciting, they have looted more than 10 trade routes and have sank 2000 tons of supplies going to Denmark from the baltics. No pictures as of yet. No defeats as of yet.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9362/2ndcore.jpg
C-zom's Sweden

The Wars

The first war was the war of Courland Agression, detailed in the 1st Core history. The picture of he flaming walls details how brutal this 6 month war was before Courland was annexed by the reformation of the 1st Core.

And then Russia launched its attack. 4500 men crossed the border and were greeted by the reunited 1st Core. They were annihilated by our field guns, and cavalry--which they lacked.

Five years later Russia went on to attack again. Spies gave me wind of this attack, and I preemiptively striked and was outide moscow before a desperate plea for peace was signed by both sides. Sweden was out of money, Russia was out of soldiers.

In 1716ish Denmark attacked, without actually attacking. They declared war and attacked my fleet. Their fleet consisted of 30 whole trade ships with 2 guns each. My fourth rate, with 30 guns on each side, tore them to pieces. Denmark's capital and Norway were taken by the two cores and now Denmark sits in Iceland, isolated from the world in Doom.

And now, the Bolshevik-Nordic war comes to a close as Kiev and Moscow are taken and the Russians, bitter and poor, refuse peace. Holland and France have declared war on me and I await some mass defeats, and realize I have sort of become Germany. This was hilarious and unintended.

Next chapter I'll go over my generals, their traits, my government and my "perfect" idea of my Swedish empires' ending.

C-zom

C-zom's Sweden
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 09:49:18 pm »
Turning Point in Russia

My dominance in all of Russia is absically over. Rebellions cooked up, and my two standing armies couldn't contain them all. Farms being burnt, mines blown up, workshops leveled. I gave Moscow, Kiev, and Leningrad back to the Russias. I kept one province out of the six I took by force. I'm not sitting on the tip of Europe, at my starting positions, defending against the coming Russian counter attack.

I let them deal with their broken, desperate civilians and withdrew COMPLETELY from my operation with my two Cores intact. Below is the last battle in Russia before my withdraw, in picture form.

The 1st Core field guns opened up with a huge bang, killing their general in the first volley.  Don't believe me? See next picture. also lol repele

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9916/cannonblast.jpg
C-zom's Sweden

Smoke filled the whole area as my trained guns opened up over and over.

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6196/cannonball.jpg
C-zom's Sweden

GOOD BYE GENERAL.

Detailing the formation and power of the 1st core, here is a picture of the right flank of them. Also, detailing how sexy the graphics are. This is where most of the fighting took place.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/8080/rightflank.jpg
C-zom's Sweden

And here is the picture of the right flank shooting at the incoming russian cavalry. This is all the pics I have for you, I was too distracted fighting afterwards.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/6185/cavalrycharge.jpg
C-zom's Sweden

Offline Dontasemebro

• What does the custom title look like
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Illuminati War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 12.48" long.
  • has 133 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: RIAland
  • Ruler: Dontasemebro
C-zom's Sweden
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 10:42:19 pm »
combo break attempt
My cat watches me have sex, he's not the only one.
Spoiler for Hiden:

You know you want to.

Offline Arsenal 10

• Officer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • SPIEZ MASTER!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Four years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Recruitment Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has donated money for the RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 19.29" long.
  • has 250 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Goonville
  • Ruler: Arsenal 10
C-zom's Sweden
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 10:58:15 pm »
You have the newer version to me..

Awesome games though.
Chillaxin since 3/23/2008

Quote from: Moth
On the contrary, I think we're being very unserious about this. If we were serious about this situation, it would have been settled in a matter of hours.
Quote from: cctmsp13
If you're good enough for Arsenal, then you're good enough for me.
Quote from: pielord47
Arsenal, have I mentioned how large my mother told me your cannon was? She said it was HUGE.

Offline Scorcher 1

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://
C-zom's Sweden
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 08:35:10 pm »
Quote from: C-zom
In 1716ish Denmark attacked, without actually attacking. They declared war and attacked my fleet. Their fleet consisted of 30 whole trade ships with 2 guns each. My fourth rate, with 30 guns on each side, tore them to pieces. Denmark's capital and Norway were taken by the two cores and now Denmark sits in Iceland, isolated from the world in Doom.

No bow or stern chasers on your 4th rate? If there were then it's a 3rd rate. Mind you I am using the Royal Navy categorising limits where the top limit of a 4th rate is 60 guns.

Anyway good thing it was just trade shipping, I wouldn't like to put a 60ish gun ship into a line of battle, it'd get slaughtered (could use it en flute I suppose).
Silent Trium

C-zom

C-zom's Sweden
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 07:31:52 pm »
I really haven't gotten too interested in naval combat yet to customize ships or research naval tech. I had 8 Brigs, 2 sloops, 3 light galleys for scouting and 2 4th rate massive ships. The ones with 750 upkeep.

Breaking news, the new DLC broke my game. This save is over. :/ I need to reinstall the whole game.

Offline Arsenal 10

• Officer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • SPIEZ MASTER!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Four years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Recruitment Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has donated money for the RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 19.29" long.
  • has 250 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Goonville
  • Ruler: Arsenal 10
C-zom's Sweden
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 09:48:19 pm »
I bet that put a big smile on your face.
Chillaxin since 3/23/2008

Quote from: Moth
On the contrary, I think we're being very unserious about this. If we were serious about this situation, it would have been settled in a matter of hours.
Quote from: cctmsp13
If you're good enough for Arsenal, then you're good enough for me.
Quote from: pielord47
Arsenal, have I mentioned how large my mother told me your cannon was? She said it was HUGE.

C-zom

C-zom's Sweden
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 09:50:14 pm »
It also broke my keyboard in half.

Offline crazyisraelie

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Karma War Three years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Recruitment Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been a Foreign Affairs director
  • war boner is 5.4" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Kingdom of Zion
  • Ruler: crazyisraelie
C-zom's Sweden
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 09:49:40 pm »
Awesome topic is awesome.

Yes I am a self righteous asshole. Deal with it.

Offline Ganon5

• Furious Panda
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Karma War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has colonized Mars! Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • war boner is 0.7" long.
  • has 67 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=797919207
  • Nation: Desperation
  • Ruler: Furious Panda
C-zom's Sweden
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2009, 10:52:07 pm »
lol sweden
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 10:53:56 pm by ganon5 »

Offline Kiss Goodbye

• Cactus
    • View Profile
C-zom's Sweden
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 09:16:03 pm »
Awesome.  I never knew you were a total war player.  Makes me very happy to see this.  I love reading AARs.

Edit: Sorry to hear you lost that save.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 10:26:49 pm by Kiss Goodbye »

Offline iron snake

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
C-zom's Sweden
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 09:56:16 pm »
Is that Alrich I see in your avatar?

Offline Kaiser

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
    • View Profile
C-zom's Sweden
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 12:23:22 am »
I love reading AAR's, but I'm not a huge fan of Total war. Have you ever played Europa Universalis?

Quote from: Emperor Whimsical
Well, Kaiser proved me I was wrong, and then Delta WTFpwned me.

Offline Kiss Goodbye

• Cactus
    • View Profile
C-zom's Sweden
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 10:40:48 am »
Or really any Paradox game for that matter.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 35 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317