Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: overheard at lunch  (Read 6493 times)

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • Awards Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 4.97" long.
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
overheard at lunch
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2008, 05:57:13 pm »
i haven't lost anything
Ruling over pie since that one time a couple years ago.

Quote from: Wikipedia Article for Portal
Wolpaw further describes the idea of using cake as the reward came about as "at the beginning of the Portal development process, we sat down as a group to decide what philosopher or school of philosophy our game would be based on. That was followed by about 15 minutes of silence and then someone mentioned that a lot of people like cake."

Offline Prince Tomb

• Funktuar
  • Awards Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Internal Affairs
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/nemesisknight
overheard at lunch
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2008, 05:58:08 pm »
I have a really weird belief system which i don't want to get into cuz frankly its a lil unorthadox
<Prince_Tomb> This is RIA and wat we make it is wat it is

Ambassador to the United Purple Nations (UPN)
Ambassador to The Phoenix Collective (TPC)
The oRIAn Trading Belt

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Loren)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Loren)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]You're an awesome HoE ^__^

lol that sounds wrong. XD[/quote]
<Nitemarebforcrismas> I know...
<Nitemarebforcrismas> I've never been kicked by you before though
<Nitemarebforcrismas> You kick so good...
<Nitemarebforcrismas> @_@
<Nitemarebforcrismas> lol

Offline Castille

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
overheard at lunch
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2008, 05:58:31 pm »
pielord what religion are u?

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • Awards Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
overheard at lunch
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2008, 05:59:41 pm »
Who else would be fighting for God besides a Christian?
therefor i am a Christian

Wolpaw further describes the idea of using cake as the reward came about as "at the beginning of the Portal development process, we sat down as a group to decide what philosopher or school of philosophy our game would be based on. That was followed by about 15 minutes of silence and then someone mentioned that a lot of people like cake."

Offline dark tyrant

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
overheard at lunch
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2008, 06:00:32 pm »
*Ahem*

I vote that we go and storm some Religous Wacko's church.

*Ahem*

THIS IS STILL CAKETOWN!!!!!!

That is all.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 06:01:30 pm by dark tyrant »
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country." -General S. Patton Jr.

Don't make me angry, I'm running out of places to hide the bodies.

Offline Prince Tomb

• Funktuar
    • View Profile
overheard at lunch
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2008, 06:03:06 pm »
Quote from: pielord47
Who else would be fighting for God besides a Christian?
therefor i am a Christian
Jews believe in(not fight for god)
Muslims fight for God they just call him/her/it by a different name

The oRIAn Trading Belt

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Loren)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Loren)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]You're an awesome HoE ^__^

wethepeople

overheard at lunch
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2008, 06:03:16 pm »
I'm sure you believe God is perfect. He's never made a mistake, and everything was within his plan. I'm sure you'll say even his mistakes are within a plan after I'm done. Lets start with creation. Or well, the belief of it.

God creates earth. But why? Maybe he's lonely. I doubt he just wanted to make people. I believe he was lonely anyway. Lonely=Negative emotion. So he creates us, etc etc. (Go along with it.) and then Eden rolls along. Why would he create evil? Why create an evil tree, and the Snake, unless he had to? If God put all of himself into the world and his creation, then that means he is evil. Evil stuck, and evil took over. He had a flaw within himself. And if he was perfect, he would have undone this damage. But he couldn't, simply because he can't change himself. Right?

Anyway. Satan. The story goes he let Satan believe all God believed, and saw. Immediately Satan turned into, jealous, angry and confused. ...Well? Whats that show us? God has a war raging within himself, or he's like the rest of us. And literally did make us in his image, with all emotions. Including evil.

God can undo death, but he can't kill demons. He "Casts them out" and they go elsewhere and mostly into other people. But why? Because there has to be evil, thats how he created it. Death isn't evil, its good. Therefore he can change it.

I have more, but I'll let you think about that.

Offline Castille

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
overheard at lunch
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2008, 06:04:23 pm »
lol nice
does that mean we get cake?
and i dunno if i wanna argue with u so yeah, but i will say if the attribute that god gave us is what i think you mean then there is biblical evidence to refute that

Offline Castille

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
overheard at lunch
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2008, 06:04:30 pm »
lol nice
does that mean we get cake?
and i dunno if i wanna argue with u so yeah, but i will say if the attribute that god gave us is what i think you mean then there is biblical evidence to refute that

Offline Castille

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
overheard at lunch
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2008, 06:04:54 pm »
double post =(

Offline dark tyrant

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
overheard at lunch
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2008, 06:05:22 pm »
*Applauds*

Excellent speech Wethepeople.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country." -General S. Patton Jr.

Offline Prince Tomb

• Funktuar
    • View Profile
overheard at lunch
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2008, 06:07:40 pm »
See...in my beliefs i do not believe Lucifer (more commonly known as Satan or the Devil) is the evil one...

*waits to be called some kind of Satanist*

The oRIAn Trading Belt

wethepeople

overheard at lunch
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2008, 06:08:52 pm »
Thats a possibility, Tomb. Anything is possible really. -Shrug-

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
overheard at lunch
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2008, 06:09:11 pm »
God created Earth and everything on it because he wanted to be worshiped. Yes. He is an extremely selfish God.
Evil developed out the angel Lucifer who was the shining angel. He, however, wanted to be more powerful than God and God didn't like this so he created a little place called hell for Lucifer and his band of angels to live away from him. Lucifer was then somehow named Satan.
God did undo this damage. He sent his one and only son to die on the cross to save you, me, and that guy eating at Dunkin Doughnuts in Springfield.
God can't kill. Murder is a sin. He has a special angel for that called the Angel of Death. God casts out demons because he can't kill. And he has never cast demons into people, he cast them into animals.

Offline Castille

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
overheard at lunch
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2008, 06:09:50 pm »
while that is a good speech we the people it isn't entirely true god created earth because it was "good" again read the creation story he first one not the second. he also did not create evil the tree was the knowledge of good and evil not evil itself. but there in lies the fundamental problem with christianity, god i supposed to be all good if he is all good and created the earth then he couldn't have made evil so that implies that either evil is separate from god but then he is not almighty there is a higher definition of right and wrong then exists with god, or it implies that god did create evil ad thus had to have evil within him and thus isn't actually all good.

Offline dark tyrant

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
overheard at lunch
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2008, 06:10:32 pm »
God created Earth and everything on it because he wanted to be worshiped. Yes. He is an extremely selfish God.
Evil developed out the angel Lucifer who was the shining angel. He, however, wanted to be more powerful than God and God didn't like this so he created a little place called hell for Lucifer and his band of angels to live away from him. Lucifer was then somehow named Satan.
God did undo this damage. He sent his one and only son to die on the cross to save you, me, and that guy eating at Dunkin Doughnuts in Springfield.
God can't kill. Murder is a sin. He has a special angel for that called the Angel of Death. God casts out demons because he can't kill. And he has never cast demons into people, he cast them into animals.

Wowza. My religous nutjob sensor just went off the charts....I DEMAND YOU BUY ME A NEW ONE!!!!

wethepeople

overheard at lunch
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2008, 06:11:19 pm »

Thats opinion. Wouldn't it be better to believe God was lonely, and wanted someone to talk to?
God created Lucifer, and made him the way he is. Its God's fault evil exists. He created Hell, yes, but they aren't there yet remember? They're on Earth.
Metephorically. God made a door, but didn't open it. Because HE can't change the way things are, people need to do it. And I've yet to find out why.
God can kill, and has. Flood anyone?

Offline Castille

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
overheard at lunch
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2008, 06:12:39 pm »
pielord that doesn't actually solve the problem that of the origin of evil god created lucifer and he became evil as his creation

wethepeople

overheard at lunch
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2008, 06:14:03 pm »
Quote from: Castille
while that is a good speech we the people it isn't entirely true god created earth because it was "good" again read the creation story he first one not the second. he also did not create evil the tree was the knowledge of good and evil not evil itself. but there in lies the fundamental problem with christianity, god i supposed to be all good if he is all good and created the earth then he couldn't have made evil so that implies that either evil is separate from god but then he is not almighty there is a higher definition of right and wrong then exists with god, or it implies that god did create evil ad thus had to have evil within him and thus isn't actually all good.

It was good. The meaning of that can be examined. As far as I care, a computer that runs is good. But if it isn't stable, thats different. Tree of Good and Evil. EVIL. Why the hell would he put evil in if he didn't want them to fall? Also, if God knows everything, he would have known they'd fall. And he didn't do anything to stop it, he encouraged it.

Thats what fundemental Christians believe. I am NOT Fundemental Christian, so.

I'm sure there are higher tiers of emotion within God. I believe we just feel the tip of the ice berg. I believe God is evil and good.

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
overheard at lunch
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2008, 06:15:27 pm »
God created Lucifer to be his right hand kinda guy.
God lets us do things because he wants us to make our own choices. This is why we can talk and think unlike dogs and cats.
God does not kill directly. And plus since he is perfect anything he does isn't a sin.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 42 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317