Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: What is your motivation for swearing?  (Read 5758 times)

Offline dester55

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Overlooked member of the RIA
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War Five years of Random Insanity Has been a diplomat IIDA Graduate and Cadet Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 18.67" long.
  • has 189 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: kamicassis
  • Ruler: dester55
What is your motivation for swearing?
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2008, 10:30:38 pm »
i don't think there are any real "swear words". the words we use like shit and fuck are just words that are tabooed in society, give it time and they probly wont be tabooed anymore.

didn't the word "bloody" use to be considered a swear word or something like that in great Britain back a 100 years or something? and i do believe its not today.

When everyone rage quits I start taking my clothes off.

Offline IronSoldier820

• TTK Ambassador
  • Cactuar
  • It's My Dick in a Box
    • View Profile
    • The Templar Knights
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2008, 11:10:33 pm »
Quote from: dester55
didn't the word "bloody" use to be considered a swear word or something like that in great Britain back a 100 years or something? and i do believe its not today.
I'm pretty sure Bloody is still considered a cuss word today, because I definitely remember watching a PG-13 friendly version scene from Sean of the Dead that had some weird censorship. It was bonus material on the DVD for some reason, and in the scene they replaced all instances of the word "prick" with "prink".

I'd ask CSN's Official British Member Niciplatt, but she's on a leave of absence until the 30th and I think I'll forget to ask by the time she comes back.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 11:11:43 pm by IronSoldier820 »

Quote from: Loren
I could care less if they murdered a town of babies, but if they killed the dog.. <__<

Offline enragedlobster

• RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Internal Affairs Has been Head of Economics One year of Random Insanity Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Unjust War Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been a diplomat Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 26 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: goddammit
  • Ruler: certainly not
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2008, 12:05:06 am »
"Prick," "bloody," and "bollocks" are all high-tier curses in the UK and Ireland.

Also, fuck your religious oxshit, we've all chosen our path so stop trying to shove yours down our throat kthx
fuck off

Offline MotherAfrica

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2008, 12:56:02 am »
Because its an attenion grabber, If I go into Mcdonalds and say, "Fuck a fry" with my eyes crossed then I get my attention.
I am taking over Planet bob.

... and so far ive gotten banned...

But ill be back with my mass army of ...

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • Awards Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 4.97" long.
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2008, 04:43:21 pm »
Quote from: C-zom
Quote from: pielord47
Quote from: nIveK oGre
you are one misguided individual but alas, religious debates never go well here so I will not start one
just know that you will be the one suffering for eternity if you do not change your ways  

and you will be dead, rotting in the ground for all eternity.  bugs will eat you and your family will miss you but they will never see you again.
sure, sure
when judgment day comes you'll know what you've done or what you've left undone

lol I knew this would turn into Pielord spouting religious shit. Fuck shit cunt dick ass... look no lightning! :v
I was simply defending my belief
He assaulted it
Ruling over pie since that one time a couple years ago.

Quote from: Wikipedia Article for Portal
Wolpaw further describes the idea of using cake as the reward came about as "at the beginning of the Portal development process, we sat down as a group to decide what philosopher or school of philosophy our game would be based on. That was followed by about 15 minutes of silence and then someone mentioned that a lot of people like cake."

Offline zblewski

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 9.2" long.
  • has 34 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Nowi Kaszuby
  • Ruler: Zblewski
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2008, 06:18:07 pm »
They're just words.

Live with it.

Nowi Kaszuby | Leader: Zblewski | CAPTAIN PLANET (Feb.-Aug. 2009) | Nations Anarchied For the RIA: 8

Quote from: Hyperonic
I just love unplugging that sum bitch just to watch y'all squeal.

Offline Mr_Cynic

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 2.87" long.
  • has 70 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Mostly
  • Ruler: MrCynic
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2008, 07:32:17 pm »
Quote from: nIveK oGre
because i like to effectively communicate my message to other people.

if fuck is the right word to use in a situation then i say fuck.  just like with punctuation.  if i need a ! then i fucking use a ! and if i don't then i'll use something else.

it's those stick-up-the-ass religious morons who think saying fuck is a sin who are the problem.  the fairytale known as God doesn't give a fuck if i say fuck.

i'll say shit and goddamn too because they are words within our language and there are times when something needs to be damned all to hell.  even if hell is some imaginery place made up by some asshole.

jesus is the son of god?  jesus should suck my cock, he ain't the son of a goddamned thing.
BLASPHEMER!  FIGHT ME!  FIGHT ME BLASPHEMER!
lol joke from my school
Quote from: Crunka
I like cats too. Let's exchange recipes.
Quote from: Flask
SPITE THE ROCK!
Quote from: Elijah S Konderwink
....I fucking hate you.
<Moldavi> lol

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • Awards Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2008, 08:05:57 pm »
Quote from: zblewski
They're just words.

Live with it.
I realize they are words but they are words that have been designated as bad and I was just wondering why any of you bothered using them. You don't have to all get on my case because I choose not to use them. I have no problem with people that only swear every so often. It's the people who constantly use them that annoy.

Wolpaw further describes the idea of using cake as the reward came about as "at the beginning of the Portal development process, we sat down as a group to decide what philosopher or school of philosophy our game would be based on. That was followed by about 15 minutes of silence and then someone mentioned that a lot of people like cake."

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2008, 10:06:33 pm »
Quote from: Electric Mango
Fuck shit ass cunt bitch.  Good enough for ya?
bleep bitches

Offline nIveK oGre

• Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=220744
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2008, 10:10:06 pm »
I realize they are words but they are words that have been designated as bad

who designated them as bad?  i didn't.

actually you get the double  
frozen sky

<+Slim[element]> hehe hes kinda big that should be fun

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2008, 01:39:33 am »
time for a bedtime lesson from uncle llamavore.

originally 'curses' were actual curses, like actual blessings. they were potent because people typically believed that what they spoke would happen and thus used them carefully and sparingly; not without faith or 'in vain'

so because these 'holy' or 'profane' words were used so sparingly, they became especially meaningful because they were set aside. and eventually this kind of word retained its potency simply because it was set aside, regardless of the original meaning. the words became expressions and exclamations by force of habit and the constantly evolving nature of all language. it was no longer necessary that they be literally relevant for them to be useful as referring to a frame of mind or a special emotional state.

this is how curse or swear words are used today... not as actual curses or oaths, etc., but simply as tools for emphasis, references to extreme feeling, and often they're associated -metaphorically- such as if something 'really sucks' then it humiliates itself and renders itself subservient (yes i know that's not the only way to think of oral, but for the sake of the emotional imagery, there you go) the same goes with 'bitch' i.e. female dog, another symbolic and artistic way of representing a supposed quality not unlike that of an 'creature of inferior gender and species.'  and yes you guessed it, a lot of these expressions have sexism in them but that is the function of the culture, not of *this kind of figure of speech*

on an aside... i believe in god... it's not necessarily a 'fairy tale' and i think some religions are partially correct. so spare me your ignorant 'god is dead' rhetoric. on the one hand you have a lot of people who inherited their religious thinking and dont think critically about much of it. on the other hand you have a bunch of people who think critically enough to recognize that the first group is wrong on a lot of counts, but they aren't doing much original thinking either. they use the wrongness of those who believe as an excuse not to address spiritual mysteries in an honest way. now i'm not directly accusing anyone of being in either camp, but i'm certainly encouraging you to avoid both, if not for your own sake, then for the sake of my patience.

lesson concluded. commence sex

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2008, 06:33:48 pm »
I don't care what any of you think of these words but I don't like em and I am not using them

C-zom

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2008, 06:39:03 pm »
I don't care what any of you think of these words but I don't like em and I am not using them

We heard you say that the last five times. No one cares.

Offline zblewski

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 9.2" long.
  • has 34 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Nowi Kaszuby
  • Ruler: Zblewski
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2008, 07:26:56 pm »
Maybe I should wordfilter all swear words to "pielord" for a day or two.

Nowi Kaszuby | Leader: Zblewski | CAPTAIN PLANET (Feb.-Aug. 2009) | Nations Anarchied For the RIA: 8

Quote from: Hyperonic
I just love unplugging that sum bitch just to watch y'all squeal.

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2008, 07:31:19 pm »
yes. Yes. YES!!!!

make it a week or so at least

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2008, 08:38:21 pm »
Quote from: KingRanter
yes. Yes. YES!!!!

no. make it a week ago

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2008, 09:27:30 pm »
Quote from: llamavore
Quote from: KingRanter
yes. Yes. YES!!!!

no. make it a week ago
............................................................. huh.

Offline enragedlobster

• RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Internal Affairs Has been Head of Economics One year of Random Insanity Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Unjust War Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been a diplomat Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 26 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: goddammit
  • Ruler: certainly not
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2008, 10:56:38 pm »
shit piss fuck cunt cocksucker motherfucker tits
fuck off

Offline Lord Doom

• Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Foshizzle
  • Ruler: Lord_Doom
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2008, 02:32:42 am »
Quote from: EnragedLobster
shit piss fuck cunt cocksucker motherfucker tits
I agree with this fine man
Chillaxin
Quote from: Moth
Derpa derpa de durr!
<Damen> Moth doesn't mate. thus has no use for a Moth mating cry

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2008, 05:26:00 am »
it's cool if you choose to think of certain words as seriously bad, pielord, but usually the people who feel inspired to make everyone aware of their special religious morals tend to be judgemental and so even if you aren't like that, and you seem cool, you bringing it up probably reminds some of us of those people, eliciting the 'fuck you hater' kneejerk reaction. they're just trying in a somewhat misguided way to make sure no one tries to control them or change them. just dont preach to people who don't ask for it, and there will be no angry mob behavior.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 05:27:37 am by llamavore »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 45 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317