Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: The point of life?  (Read 5173 times)

wethepeople

The point of life?
« on: October 24, 2007, 11:46:26 pm »
Serious topic.

Not a religious debate. Please, /please/ don't start one. There are millions of answers to this question. You can give religious answers, but please don't argue. I want to know everyones personal opinion on this question. So, RIA, what is the point of life? Every person has a point, and at some point in life every person realizes their point. What is that point? What is the meaning of life? Some people think life is a test, others think it is meaningless, and yet others think it is for knowledge and understanding. What do you believe?

>_> Philosophical mood/10

Well, I believe the meaning of life is the times, and what situation your thrown in to. It all depends on the era you are born, the country, the life--It all comes into play. I highly doubt a caveman's dream was to build a robot, since such advanced welding and metals didn't even exist. It wouldn't even occur to the caveman. It depends on what has been laid out for you to see, and its up to you to pick. Do we obey the dictator, or disobey him? Do we save the homeless people I live by, or do we not? It all depends on what you experience. In essence I believe life is a mission of sorts. Is it a test? I don't know, I'm no longer religious. In essence I believe the meaning of life is what life gives you to do. Hard to describe, or understand. Not for me anyways. Knowledge does come into play, that could be a meaning, but that is a pointless meaning. I would rather die having saved people and done something for humanity instead of memorizing every book in the world, or discovering something new.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 12:08:58 am by wethepeople »

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
    • http://flaskbear.newgrounds.com/
The point of life?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 11:49:21 pm »
The point of life is knowledge. We must constantly question ourselves, so that we may learn.

Hyperonic ~ "I finally have enough evidence to prove that Flask is in fact a bear."
Kaiser ~ "This topic is a lie. Flask has thought of everything ever."

Offline Commisar Gaunt

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
The point of life?
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 11:49:23 pm »
TO SERVE AND WORSHIP THE GREAT ALLAH/MAHOMET/JOVE/GOD/CTHULU/FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER/KETCHUP/CATSUP   +  GENERIC RELIGIOUS DEBATE ASKALKNCNDF!!!

/end... whatever this was
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 11:49:46 pm by Commisar Gaunt »

wethepeople

The point of life?
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 11:49:52 pm »
>_> Gaunt.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 11:50:09 pm by wethepeople »

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
The point of life?
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 11:50:27 pm »
I was under the impression that this topic was serious for a change.

Hyperonic ~ "I finally have enough evidence to prove that Flask is in fact a bear."

wethepeople

The point of life?
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 11:52:54 pm »
Yes, it is.

Offline Commisar Gaunt

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
The point of life?
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 11:58:06 pm »
Ok, I apologize.  I feel that their is no meaning to life, other than the meaning you assign to it.  Literally, you could live a life utterly devoid of meaning, but it can be argued that you still "lived."

The meaning is what you make of it.

I do believe that "why are you "you"" is quite a different topic.  Are you talking about identity, or why yo
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 11:59:07 pm by Commisar Gaunt »

wethepeople

The point of life?
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 11:59:28 pm »
Interesting philosophy Gaunt. So you believe life is pointless unless you give it meaning? I suppose that would work. An interesting idea. It is what you make it. Hm.

Offline Commisar Gaunt

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
The point of life?
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 12:00:03 am »
Ok, I apologize.  I feel that their is no meaning to life, other than the meaning you assign to it.  Literally, you could live a life utterly devoid of meaning, but it can be argued that you still "lived."

The meaning is what you make of it.

I also feel that the question "why are you, "you"" is quite a different matter.  Are you talking about identity, or why we exist?

wethepeople

The point of life?
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 12:01:26 am »
Good point. Sorry, I'm friggin tired. That is a completely different topic, isn't it? I'll edit it.

Offline Joker

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nothingface/
The point of life?
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 12:06:15 am »
The point of life, to me, is to just make it to the end with my sanity intact, while enjoying as much of it as I can manage, and without making it harder for others, if I can help it - life's a bitch as it is without people making things harder for each other. Ideally, I'd like to be of a net benefit to humanity, but I'm willing to settle for being a zero. Just so long as I'm not a negative

There's no set purpose to living, with each individual having a different one, sometimes decided upon by themselves, sometimes not, and always subject to change depending on the course one's life takes.
Now in NpO. Take that as you will.

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
The point of life?
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 12:06:26 am »
But think about life beyond the individual beings we are familiar with. Life is so much bigger than you or me. Life happens for a reason. If there is a place, it means nothing unless a living thing is there to occupy it. I believe that without Earth creatures, and without the creatures from so many other planets, there is no reason for any universe to exist. We and the universe are symbiotes in a sense far beyond the one we have developed to fit the word.

wethepeople

The point of life?
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2007, 12:09:06 am »
Well, I believe the meaning of life is the times, and what situation your thrown in to. It all depends on the era you are born, the country, the life--It all comes into play. I highly doubt a caveman's dream was to build a robot, since such advanced welding and metals didn't even exist. It wouldn't even occur to the caveman. It depends on what has been laid out for you to see, and its up to you to pick. Do we obey the dictator, or disobey him? Do we save the homeless people I live by, or do we not? It all depends on what you experience. In essence I believe life is a mission of sorts. Is it a test? I don't know, I'm no longer religious. In essence I believe the meaning of life is what life gives you to do. Hard to describe, or understand. Not for me anyways. Knowledge does come into play, that could be a meaning, but that is a pointless meaning. I would rather die having saved people and done something for humanity instead of memorizing every book in the world, or discovering something new.

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
The point of life?
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2007, 12:09:50 am »
Realistically, the major symbiotes have been there since the beginning, and will be there for infinity. Why did the beginning happen? That's a good question. I think it's because everything decided to begin. There was no reason other than because it needed to happen.

wethepeople

The point of life?
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 12:11:02 am »
Why it needed to happen is a whole different, albeit more interesting topic Flask.

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
The point of life?
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 12:11:05 am »
Guys, if you're going to talk about life, talk about life. Not humanity. Knowledge itself goes way beyond humanity, and it is forever there to be discovered.

Offline Joker

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nothingface/
The point of life?
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2007, 12:14:05 am »
Quote from: Flask
Guys, if you're going to talk about life, talk about life. Not humanity. Knowledge itself goes way beyond humanity, and it is forever there to be discovered.

But the topic post was referring specifically to the life of an individual. An individual human being, to be exact. Not "life" in general.
Now in NpO. Take that as you will.

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
The point of life?
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2007, 12:16:25 am »
But individual life is so stupid. It makes the same old conversation.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 12:16:52 am by Flask »

wethepeople

The point of life?
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2007, 12:17:32 am »
Individual life is the topic here. Complete life and life in general is a completely different topic, more on the lines of a relgious and philosophical debate. And those never end well.

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
The point of life?
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2007, 12:20:19 am »
I leave religion out of my discussions.

But if you wish to have your topic filled with comments about "what you make it" and "what it makes you", that's fine. I don't have to be a part of it.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 37 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317