Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Whimsy's AoE topic  (Read 3916 times)

Offline Emperor Whimsical

• MI6
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations
    • View Profile
    • http://
Whimsy's AoE topic
« on: March 08, 2008, 02:21:55 am »
I played a game just now, called rivers, a custom made map, with four islands and rivers crisscrossing them. There was 4 teams. Me(Teutons) Eric the Red(Franks) Ramathura(Mayans) and Darius, (Persia) The Setup was every man for himself.

We each had our own islands, and I put gates, walls and towers around mine, preventing invasion. It was set up like this:
ME      Darius
Eric the Red Ramathura

I shared a border with Eric the Red, and two with Darius.

I started out with villagers, mining, lumbering, etc. Darius started killing mah farms and fishing boats, so I'm like, aw hell naw,so I bust out a small fleet (less than half a dozen ships) who annihilate him, and his dock near me.  Meanwhile, Eric the Red starts sending out a dozen troops to level my gates. I set up two towers, which quickly crush the attackers. I start building an army at this point. I build one of out teutonic knights (arguably best in the game) Paladins (mounted units), catapults, and bombard cannons. My total army is around 30 people. I march into eric the red's territory...

and get my ass whooped. My catapualts are collapsed, so they can't break Eric's buildings. My knights and paladins are quickly defeated. Now, while this is going on, Ramathurtha sends around 20 ships for an attack on one of my docks. They are utterly defeated by my kamikaze ships. I have a huge problem now. I'm landlocked, with nowhere to run. I can produce no more gold, so I can't build an army or anything to defend myself.  Eric's guerilla warfare is destroying all my outposts and towers in the surrrounding area, so I can't see anything. He launchs an offensive manuever on an unprotected dock. My other docks are too covered to help. Eric breaks through my gates (No gold for towers), and using his navy as support, quickly destroys my city.

End.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 02:23:02 am by Emperor Whimsical »

If we can hit that ox's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!
<+Apriland[GPA]> Emperor_Whimsical..... that ruler name is so win

Chuck Norris once had an arm-wrestling contest with Superman.
The loser had to agree to wear his underwear outside his pants

Offline Arsenal 10

• Officer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • SPIEZ MASTER!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Recruitment Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has recruited a member into the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 19.29" long.
  • has 250 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Goonville
  • Ruler: Arsenal 10
Whimsy's AoE topic
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 03:07:21 am »
Teutons ftw!

Though you lost..
Chillaxin since 3/23/2008

Quote from: Moth
On the contrary, I think we're being very unserious about this. If we were serious about this situation, it would have been settled in a matter of hours.
Quote from: cctmsp13
If you're good enough for Arsenal, then you're good enough for me.
Quote from: pielord47
Arsenal, have I mentioned how large my mother told me your cannon was? She said it was HUGE.

Offline King Pengu

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
Whimsy's AoE topic
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 04:56:52 am »
Hmm.
<--Click to meet

This Signature has been made by Mudkip. All rights on this Sig are reserved to Mudkip.

• MI6
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
Whimsy's AoE topic
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 03:02:05 pm »
Btw, this was done from post imperial age, all techs.

If we can hit that ox's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Offline Reoga

• Economics Leadership
  • Funktuar
  • Poke rights not poke fights
  • Awards The Disorder War Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has been Head of Economics Veteran of the of the Bipolar War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Five years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Has been a diplomat Has donated money for the RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War
  • war boner is 8.75" long.
  • has 87 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Legion of 2000
  • Ruler: Reoga
Whimsy's AoE topic
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 03:05:21 pm »
marco  polo is all Ill say
I can swim
Light a fire for a man warm him for a night
Light a man on fire warm him for the rest of his life
First Immortality then the Bitches
my dear psychopath stop raeping them
Wino

• MI6
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
Whimsy's AoE topic
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 03:58:09 pm »
No cheats for meh. I think I'm going to do it again, cept from the start, no techs.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 03:58:35 pm by Emperor Whimsical »

Offline Reoga

• Economics Leadership
  • Funktuar
  • Poke rights not poke fights
  • Awards The Disorder War Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has been Head of Economics Veteran of the of the Bipolar War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Five years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Has been a diplomat Has donated money for the RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War
  • war boner is 8.75" long.
  • has 87 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Legion of 2000
  • Ruler: Reoga
Whimsy's AoE topic
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 03:59:53 pm »
bananna pie?
I can swim
Light a fire for a man warm him for a night
Light a man on fire warm him for the rest of his life
First Immortality then the Bitches
my dear psychopath stop raeping them
Wino

• MI6
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
Whimsy's AoE topic
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 06:25:42 pm »
Same map and people.

K. We're in the imperial age now. Me and Eric Vs. Darius and Rama. It starts out mellow. No one attacks me. Pretty soon, though Rama gets to imperial age first, and builds a huge navy. This navy starts going around Eric's Island, killing anything on the coast. This hurts us both, as I am using trade ships at his docks. After a repeated cycle of breaking his docks, Rama goes after me. He destroys one. On route to another, I make a navy and stop his. At this point, Eric, whom I still share a border with, builds an army. I build one too. Darius sends various soldiers in, through eric's border. This becomes important later.

Meanwhile, My army marchs in to Darius's territory,and is decisively defeated. My knights, paladins, and rams all collapse. Eric launchs his own offensive manuever, hitting Rama hard, and nearly reaching his base. Meanwhile those soldiers, have been hitting my villagers. By the time I realize this, They have killed 30 of my 88 villagers. I quickly kill them, and the damage is done. Eric, went from being everyone's bitch to a major player quickly. I'm out of gold now. I begin trading with Eric again, through my trade ships. I'm hoarding my resources to make another army.

TO BE CONTINUED

Offline Kaiser

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
    • View Profile
Whimsy's AoE topic
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 06:28:55 pm »
I have no idea what AoE is and I didn't read any of your posts.

Quote from: Emperor Whimsical
Well, Kaiser proved me I was wrong, and then Delta WTFpwned me.

Offline Dontasemebro

• What does the custom title look like
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 12.48" long.
  • has 133 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: RIAland
  • Ruler: Dontasemebro
Whimsy's AoE topic
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 06:32:27 pm »
Quote from: Kaiser
a very worthy contribution.
My cat watches me have sex, he's not the only one.
Spoiler for Hiden:

You know you want to.

Offline Kaiser

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
    • View Profile
Whimsy's AoE topic
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2008, 06:45:03 pm »
Quote from: Dontasemebro
Quote from: Kaiser
a very worthy contribution.
I am too please.

Quote from: Emperor Whimsical
Well, Kaiser proved me I was wrong, and then Delta WTFpwned me.

Offline WestWind

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade
  • war boner is 6.26" long.
  • has 9 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Desert Wind
  • Ruler: WestWind
Whimsy's AoE topic
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2008, 07:02:54 pm »
EE > AoE

Oh snap, I went there.

• MI6
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
Whimsy's AoE topic
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2008, 12:03:58 am »
Part two. With all the gold, I've acculated, I launch an offensive maneuver at Darius, hitting him, and knocking him back. I research cannon galleons, nifty little boats that are a terror to anyone with buildings near the coast.  I make a castle, and several towers. A make a wall around my little colony. I begin launching catapualt attacks, and destroying nearby building from within my base. My cannon galleons are instrumental on stopping Darius from sending more troopsI send out a small group of teutonic knights and catapualts, who destroy Darius. Darius is defeated!

while this is going on, Rama continues to launch naval attacks at my docks. I kill his boats, and establish a patrol unit of 12 fireships at two different rivers. Eric is engaging Rama with guerrilla  warfare. I form another colony on top of Darius, who shares a border with Rama. I put towers on the coast, and another naval patrol. I also put more gates on the border, so Rama is forced back. I make another cannon galleon battalion. This one attacks rama on his borders. I start to make another army.

At this point, Rama and Eric are in a slugging match. Eric keeps going in, and keeps getting forced back, But he's gaining ground every match. Soon, He at the city's town center. My army (6 catapults and 20 knights) move into Rama's territory. My cannon galleons cover Eric as he marchs toward the base. I launch my attack from the east, destroying several key buildings, and with Eric in the south, punching through a wall my cannon galleons opene, Rama  is completely unprepared for this assualt. Rama surrenders! We are victorious!

0/ catapults!

wethepeople

Whimsy's AoE topic
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2008, 01:06:38 am »
God this topic is awesome. AoE 2 + Expansion is easily the second best RTS made.

Offline Dontasemebro

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • has 133 llamas
    • View Profile
Whimsy's AoE topic
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2008, 01:24:13 am »
I wish I played these games, whenever I play with someone they ALWAYS turtle and I always have to fight for 8 hours while they just keep building walls and towers and amassing an army... of course I win when I own the map but it always takes hours upon hours as they make multiple levels of walls and build artillery to take out mine.

Great battle reports.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 01:24:27 am by Dontasemebro »
Spoiler for Hiden:

You know you want to.

• MI6
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
Whimsy's AoE topic
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2008, 03:53:27 am »
lol. I cramed 4 hours of gameplay into 7 paragraphs. Should I still make these?

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • Awards Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Dave War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War One year of Random Insanity Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
  • war boner is 6.76" long.
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Pterrydactyl
  • Ruler: Pterrydactyl
Whimsy's AoE topic
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2008, 03:57:00 am »
Quote from: wethepeople
God this topic is awesome. AoE 2 + Expansion is easily the second best RTS made.
AGreed
Order of RTS Awesome:

RON/AOE2(With Xpans)>Everything else
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's stop calling it trolling
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's call it what it really is, okay?
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Art

Quote from: Leo
Some days I think Mia is totally wrong and that I am completely normal. Today is one of those days.

I just got off the phone with my ex and I know that no females are reasonable

Quote from: Abe Simpson
Leo
I think you are the most annoying poster on this site, honestly.
You are like two llamavores with twice as many animals fucking.
Your posts make me reconsider how long I've been here.
I honestly wonder if you are actually Chris Tucker.

• MI6
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
Whimsy's AoE topic
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2008, 04:08:11 am »
I've decided to start a new campaign.

Offline Dontasemebro

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 133 llamas
    • View Profile
Whimsy's AoE topic
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2008, 04:24:42 am »
Why does it take you guys 4 hours to build 20 knights? For some reason now I think Id pwn you all.
Spoiler for Hiden:

You know you want to.

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • Awards Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Dave War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War One year of Random Insanity Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
  • war boner is 6.76" long.
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Pterrydactyl
  • Ruler: Pterrydactyl
Whimsy's AoE topic
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2008, 04:34:21 am »
Why does it take you guys 4 hours to build 20 knights? For some reason now I think Id pwn you all.
I dunno what takes him so long, Then again, I haven't played EE2 in a LOOOOOOOOOO(ongcat is lo)OOOOONG time...
I play RON regularily and totally destroy the world though.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 04:34:47 am by Apophis775 »
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's stop calling it trolling
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's call it what it really is, okay?
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Art

Quote from: Leo
Some days I think Mia is totally wrong and that I am completely normal. Today is one of those days.

I just got off the phone with my ex and I know that no females are reasonable

Quote from: Abe Simpson
Leo
I think you are the most annoying poster on this site, honestly.
You are like two llamavores with twice as many animals fucking.
Your posts make me reconsider how long I've been here.
I honestly wonder if you are actually Chris Tucker.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.371 seconds with 46 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317