Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Harry Potter Discussion Thread  (Read 7613 times)

Offline Leo

• Common Dandy
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Dave War Five years of Random Insanity Six years of Random Insanity Hero of the RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of Great War III RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 14.02" long.
  • has 218 llamas
    • View Profile
    • see my kitty
  • Nation: The Turtle Lair
  • Ruler: Leonardo
Harry Potter Discussion Thread
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2007, 01:53:23 pm »
Yeah, I got it when it came out but just finished it. I didn't read it straight through, I took plenty of breaks. I was actually kinda expecting Ron or Hermione to die since it would have been "sad" and all that. Unfortunately, they killed Fred(must've been George, he wants the business all to himself) and Mad-Eye. C'MON, how do you kill a guy with a name like Mad-Eye.

I was kind of disappointed at Snape being good, but whatever. One last thing, what the **** was up with that baby!? They never really explained and it confused me the whole time they were there.

I just thought, how did Neville get the sword of Gryffindor? I thought the goblins took it!?

I am so confused now, I should never have come here to talk about the book.*opens book to look about Neville and sword*
looking for new sig
Spoiler for Hiden:
Fuck y'all.

Quote from: Crazyman93
Well, Mia, I honestly think the one thing keeping us from war, is that no one else wants to risk Leo joining them if RIA is beaten to hell
<brians_bot>: kenny > big tits
Currently banned from the IRC channels of NPO, NpO, NpO's Academy, RnR, TOOL, IRON, VE, SOS, CSN, Legion, MK, Invicta, NSO, IAA, ODN, GGA, Paradox, Sparta, Ronin, Amazon, Genesis, FK, tripletonic2, Superfriends, GPA, TJO, Cybernations(the channel), Coldfront(the channel), sex(the channel), RIA, Poisonclan, TPF, nukethanquit, faggotry, slcb, exodus, fok, we_surrender_to_INT, mogars_room, temptrade, Karaoke, gotham, win, misfitnations, MHA, relationships, nordreich, nongrata, war

Offline Leo

• Common Dandy
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Dave War Five years of Random Insanity Six years of Random Insanity Hero of the RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of Great War III RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • has 218 llamas
    • View Profile
    • see my kitty
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2007, 01:55:33 pm »
Nevermind. I just read about it. The book gives it like eight words and then kills the snake. Yeah, I must've accidentally skipped over a lot of stuff the book was so long. Now I gotta write a report on it for school. That's gonna be fun.
looking for new sig
Spoiler for Hiden:
Fuck y'all.

Well, Mia, I honestly think the one thing keeping us from war, is that no one else wants to risk Leo joining them if RIA is beaten to hell
Currently banned from the IRC channels of NPO, NpO, NpO's Academy, RnR, TOOL, IRON, VE, SOS, CSN, Legion, MK, Invicta, NSO, IAA, ODN, GGA, Paradox, Sparta, Ronin, Amazon, Genesis, FK, tripletonic2, Superfriends, GPA, TJO, Cybernations(the channel), Coldfront(the channel), sex(the channel), RIA, Poisonclan, TPF, nukethanquit, faggotry, slcb, exodus, fok, we_surrender_to_INT, mogars_room, temptrade, Karaoke, gotham, win, misfitnations, MHA, relationships, nordreich, nongrata, war

Offline Babelonians

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2007, 02:23:22 pm »
paha. Ya i just finished. I also took PLENTY of breaks because i got it right when it came out. Ya what the hecll was up with that baby thing. Was that Arian to make Dumbledore suffer or what? But ya. I thought it was very good but the epilogue was confusing because i kept thinking that like the real James was there but it was the kid and i kept getting screwed up with which kid was whose. Also Ted was "snogging" with some chick somewhere. He was pretty close to the family. (he better have been because Harry was the godfather).

Overall i thought it was the best one.
i once bought a dog and threw it at a hobo

Offline Leo

• Common Dandy
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 218 llamas
    • View Profile
    • see my kitty
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2007, 03:40:25 pm »
I thought that the little baby was the part of Voldemort's soul that got killed when Harry "died."
looking for new sig
Spoiler for Hiden:
Fuck y'all.

Offline Babelonians

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2007, 04:45:22 pm »
I had those two thoughts. Ariana or Voldemort's soul. Voldmort's soul would be a better guess though.

Offline Kaiser

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2007, 06:22:21 pm »
I'm almost certain it was Voldemort's soul. It had the same discription as the one in The Goblet of Fire.

Also I liked the book I thought it was easily the best of them all. However the Epilogue was bad. I hated the name's. I thought one of the kids would be named after Fred.

As for Lupin. Tonk's mom was alive so she would have taken care of him

Quote from: Emperor Whimsical
Well, Kaiser proved me I was wrong, and then Delta WTFpwned me.

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • war boner is 6.25" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Realm of Mpire
  • Ruler: invincible13matt
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2007, 07:17:30 pm »
I thought it was a great book, probably her best writing ever (even though a great whack of it is them running around not knowing what to do, which was kind of boring), but the epilogue was somewhat boring. I think she wanted to use it to put the series at an end, nothing is happening out of the ordinary and stuff like that. She left a lot of bodies lying around, though, as a writer, I can't stand to kill my characters. I don't like Ron and Hermione together.
More resilient than Wile E. Coyote.

Third, Fourth Great War Veteran, War of the Coalition Veteran
Lands ravaged, cities in ruins, so many lives sacrificed, and yet there was no other word for it but victory.

Offline Babelonians

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2007, 09:15:03 pm »
I don't like how there were tons of dead people and they didn't reveal many except like Colin Creevy who I really didn't care about. Now if it was like Seamus I would have. I wanted to find out about like them also

Offline Castille

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2007, 10:32:51 pm »
i was kinda wondering the same thing. If there was like 50 dead who else were they? and in the epilogue what happened to everyone else like hagrid and the other weasley brothers? I thought the little baby was voldermorts soul also because remember when harry became alive again voldermort was also getting off the groung thus impling that he also got hurt by the curse. and leo what did happen with neville having the sword was his the fake one or what because i don;t remember reading that? but all and all it was a great book I think she jsut kinda rushed to the end.

Offline Shyox

• RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave
  • war boner is 0.26" long.
  • has 29 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Casterly Rock
  • Ruler: leonardothered
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2007, 10:50:05 pm »
Quote from: bobarito
Quote from: Shyox
Quote from: schneereich
so, what are the chances of a new series about james potter (or one of those other kids) appearing? after all, harry touched his scar at the end...

I'm going to shoot her in the face if she ever does that... Plus, it wouldn't be very interesting to me.

However, she did talk about releasing an encyclopedia type thing with all of the info that she didn't use in the books.

And Kaiser definitely read a link in the thread we were looking at.

Ironically, I knew that the hog's head barman was Aberforth.
Wasnt it mentioned in like book 5 or 6? Not very surprising.

He said he looked familiar. Aberforth was one of the only people I felt would be important enough for him to be familiar whom Harry had already seen.
A Lannister always pays his debts

Offline Ganon5

• Furious Panda
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has colonized Mars!
  • war boner is 0.7" long.
  • has 67 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=797919207
  • Nation: Desperation
  • Ruler: Furious Panda
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2007, 10:52:09 pm »
Quote from: Kaiser
I'm almost certain it was Voldemort's soul. It had the same discription as the one in The Goblet of Fire.

Also I liked the book I thought it was easily the best of them all. However the Epilogue was bad. I hated the name's. I thought one of the kids would be named after Fred.

Which description was that? It's been a while since I read that
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 10:52:26 pm by ganon5 »

Offline Castille

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2007, 10:53:23 pm »
when wormtail put him in the pot to get his bosy back

Offline Shyox

• RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • has 29 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2007, 10:56:24 pm »
Quote from: ganon5
Quote from: Kaiser

Which description was that? It's been a while since I read that

When he gets put into to cauldron at the end, he's described as a fetus with cracked, freakish skin.

Yeah, it was Voldemort's soul.

Offline Castille

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2007, 11:00:40 pm »
why though did dumboldore not simply say jsut ignore it it is voldormorts screwy 1/8 of a soul since the rest is dead

Offline Ganon5

• Furious Panda
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has colonized Mars!
  • war boner is 0.7" long.
  • has 67 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=797919207
  • Nation: Desperation
  • Ruler: Furious Panda
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2007, 11:01:03 pm »
Ah ok thx guys

Offline Shyox

• RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • has 29 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2007, 11:02:50 pm »
Quote from: Castille
why though did dumboldore not simply say jsut ignore it it is voldormorts screwy 1/8 of a soul since the rest is dead

No, he said that there was nothing they could do for it. It was too far gone, and could never understand simple things, like love. He hadn't ever matured that way, and was represented by being a feeble child for that reason.

Offline evil greg guy

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Was elected to be Captain Planet
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2007, 09:18:27 am »
i thought it was good, but when they make the movie, they better make DAMN sure to include EVERYTHING that was in the last 125 pages, i will kill the screen-writer if they dont
"That makes me angry, and when Dr. Evil gets angry, Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset. And when Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset....people DIE!!!"
                                         - Dr. Evil

Offline FrozenBoy

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2007, 10:29:42 am »
Can anyone tell me how neville got gryffindor's sword at the end of the book?  I can't seem to figure it out.

Edit:Leo asked the same question...so this can be ignored.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 10:30:47 am by FrozenBoy »

Offline Leo

• Common Dandy
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 218 llamas
    • View Profile
    • see my kitty
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2007, 11:20:22 am »
Okay, for the two of you who didn't want to look it up, go back to where Neville is caught on fire. It's right after the hat falls off his head.

For you lazy people, here's the exact quote:

In one swift, fluid motion, Neville broke free of the Body-Bind Curse upon him; the flaming hat fell off him and he drew from its depths something silver, with a glittering, rubied handle-
looking for new sig
Spoiler for Hiden:
Fuck y'all.

Offline Kaiser

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2007, 01:13:59 pm »
He pulled it out of the hat because only a "True Gryffindor" can own it. It mentions that in The chamber of secrets.

Quote from: Emperor Whimsical
Well, Kaiser proved me I was wrong, and then Delta WTFpwned me.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 44 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317