Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Thoughts on suicide?  (Read 8151 times)

bioakky

Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2007, 06:18:05 pm »
Quote from: invincible13matt
Personally, I'll take my hope even if there is no God, because I do not suffer if I am wrong.

Borderline agnostic right there.

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 6.25" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Realm of Mpire
  • Ruler: invincible13matt
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2007, 09:07:04 pm »
how so? My understanding was that agnostics believe that God is out there but can't be reached. I was merely making the point that if my beliefs are incorrect and an atheist's is, then I don't take a penalty for being wrong, while the other way around (I'm right and the atheist's wrong) the atheist ends up in hell.
More resilient than Wile E. Coyote.

Third, Fourth Great War Veteran, War of the Coalition Veteran
Lands ravaged, cities in ruins, so many lives sacrificed, and yet there was no other word for it but victory.

bioakky

Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2007, 03:18:01 pm »
Agnostic is pretty much, "I'll wait until death to find out. Until then, I'll live well."

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2007, 04:00:39 pm »
I'm nothing like that. I must admit that sometimes I doubt my God, but then he proves himself. I don't wait till I die to find out. I already have. I'm nowhere near agnostic. My point was simply this: the atheist being right has no effect on me even though I was wrong, but the reverse is not the same.

Lands ravaged, cities in ruins, so many lives sacrificed, and yet there was no other word for it but victory.

wethepeople

Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2007, 04:09:51 pm »
I never do doubt God, but I doubt his motives or actions. Then I listen to a good song or a motivational lesson, or informing lesson about the works of God, then that feeling of mine goes away quick.

Offline Shyox

• RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave
  • war boner is 0.26" long.
  • has 29 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Casterly Rock
  • Ruler: leonardothered
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2007, 05:02:57 pm »
Quote from: wethepeople
I never do doubt God, but I doubt his motives or actions. Then I listen to a good song or a motivational lesson, or informing lesson about the works of God, then that feeling of mine goes away quick.

That's called brainwashing, and tricking yourself into something your mind knows that is silly anyways.
A Lannister always pays his debts

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2007, 05:18:11 pm »
not necessarily silly, just something it doesn't (and shouldn't) understand

wethepeople

Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2007, 05:32:02 pm »
Wow Shy, please, step down a notch. -_- I'm not brainwashed, crap dude. I don't even feel like responding to that.

Because I sometimes loose my way, or wonder what God's going to do with me, and I use people who know or talk to people who care, I'm brainwashed? Because I need some motivation, or loose track of what God wants me to do, I'm brainwashing myself? You sound like everyone in the Christian religion is an ignorant, self absorbed damn executioner. Everyone is brainwashed this or stupid that, thats not true. Get off your high horse man, just because I motivate myself doesn't mean anyone I listen to, or anything I tell myself, is brainwashing.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 05:34:35 pm by wethepeople »

bioakky

Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2007, 05:50:16 pm »
He's saying you're brainwashed because you're believing lies...Lies that a god exists/existed/whatever and that Jesus is whoamgallpowerfulblahblah, and all that.

Not whatever you just said.

>_> Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, Shy. *fkees your wrath*

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2007, 08:24:35 pm »
what you may perceive as lies may be truth... but I cannot change your opinion, it seems.

Offline Shyox

• RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • has 29 llamas
    • View Profile
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2007, 10:05:27 pm »
Quote from: bioakky
He's saying you're brainwashed because you're believing lies...Lies that a god exists/existed/whatever and that Jesus is whoamgallpowerfulblahblah, and all that.

I dislike a good part of the Christian religion, so that's not really wrong.

I'm sorry wtp, but... Well, you basically are one of the people who made me become afraid enough of God to believe in the religion. Southern Baptists.

Wtp, I just don't think you can quite understand what it's like, honestly. I'm sure you've had your own trials with religion, and I'm sayingmine have been worse, just different.

Offline Shyox

• RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • has 29 llamas
    • View Profile
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2007, 10:09:05 pm »
Also, I don't think that God is all-powerful, for another thing.

bioakky

Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2007, 10:25:38 pm »
Quote from: Shyox
made me become afraid enough of God to believe in the religion.

Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God anyone?

wethepeople

Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2007, 10:26:50 pm »

Prove they're lies, please.

wethepeople

Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2007, 10:27:23 pm »

If he isn't, then people could go back on his plans/Change them, or just ignore him. All of which are impossible.

wethepeople

Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2007, 10:28:45 pm »

I dislike a good part of the Christian religion, so that's not really wrong.

I'm sorry wtp, but... Well, you basically are one of the people who made me become afraid enough of God to believe in the religion. Southern Baptists.

Wtp, I just don't think you can quite understand what it's like, honestly. I'm sure you've had your own trials with religion, and I'm sayingmine have been worse, just different.

Unless you aren't being literal, I live on the East. My beliefs are that we should follow Jesus in our life, and try to walk with him. To uphold his ministry, and to try and be the best Christians we can. Sorry I'm scary.

Please, just because I'm Christian, don't assume I've had a cloud 9 life.

bioakky

Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2007, 10:29:28 pm »

If he isn't, then people could go back on his plans/Change them, or just ignore him. All of which are impossible.

...you just said you have no free will.

bioakky

Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2007, 10:31:59 pm »

Just wait for your death.

wethepeople

Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2007, 10:32:40 pm »
No, I didn't. I said we cannot erase God, or remove him. We cannot leave him out of the equation, he is all powerful and all knowing. We cannot ignore his plans, or not hear them. But we have the choice to accept them or not.

wethepeople

Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2007, 10:33:21 pm »

Just wait for your death.

When death arrives, I'll see my savior. So, yeah, that doesn't help. Prove to me that God doesn't exist, what I believe in is lies, etc.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 31 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317