Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: What game are you currently playing?  (Read 5399 times)

Offline Joker

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nothingface/
What game are you currently playing?
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2007, 10:50:19 am »
Quote from: Prince Tomb
damn wat a find i had to go halfway down Cali to find FFIX but FFVI, FFVII,and FFVIII i can't find to save my life

Sorry for double posting, but did you try eBay or Amazon or any of those good sites?
If you can't find it on eBay, it doesn't exist.
Now in NpO. Take that as you will.

Offline eliminat

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
    • http://billjaquette.net
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2007, 11:16:30 am »
Quote from: Joker
Quote from: eliminat
AI is much improved, as are most aspects of the game.

I don't care about multiplayer much (though if I got it I wouldn't mind playing with a few RIAers once I got the hang of it), and I didn't have much trouble managing in Civ 3, but better AI would be awesome. The AI really sucked in wars, strategically speaking, unless their nation was more technologically advanced and generally bigger, and they always got all kinds of lame bonuses on the higher difficulties, which I hate.

Wartime and peacetime AI is improved.  The AI now has distinct personalities.  The AI no longer hates you for no apparent reasons, you can see the pluses and negatives in your relations with them.   National Religions play a role in diplomacy. Trade is also greatly improved.  Barbarians now form cities.  Improved battle system (though still not perfect).  Great people and improvements allow for greater specializing of cities.  No more Civil Disorder or city size cap.  Unhappiness and Unhealthiness now handled differently.  Unhappiness means you get no production from the unhappy citizens.  Unhealthiness means less food is produced.  Beyond the Sword introduces Corporations that you can spread for bonuses, resources, or for royalties.  BTS also allows you to spawn off unproductive cities into a Colony which becomes a Vassal State to you.  During war your enemy can surrender and become your Vassal State (with Warlords or BTS).

Overall I loved Civ, Civ2, Civ3,  but Civ4 is the hands down best IMO.
--------------------------------------
Ambassador to CRAP/NADC

Eliminat of Billium, Defender, This medal is for offensive support on the battle field, and moral support off of it.

--------------------------------------
http://billjaquette.net
Make a few $ a month.

http://billium.myminicity.com/

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the War of the Coalition One year of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2007, 12:12:34 pm »
regularly: soldat, lord of the rings online

irregularly: BF2142, farcry, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (one of the best games ever if it werent for bugs), simcity 4

recently did half life 2, so I might go pick up the 'next chapter'

game I miss: AvP

I used to play the civs, i liked civilization Call to Power bc it let you advance farther technologically, and build orbital cities and underwater cities.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 12:15:10 pm by llamavore »

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Prince Tomb

• Funktuar
  • Awards Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Internal Affairs
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/nemesisknight
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2007, 12:17:09 pm »
Quote from: Joker
Quote from: Prince Tomb
damn wat a find i had to go halfway down Cali to find FFIX but FFVI, FFVII,and FFVIII i can't find to save my life

Sorry for double posting, but did you try eBay or Amazon or any of those good sites?
If you can't find it on eBay, it doesn't exist.
i say one on ebay but people were already saying they'd pay like $1,000 for it and i can't compete w/ that lol
<Prince_Tomb> This is RIA and wat we make it is wat it is

Ambassador to the United Purple Nations (UPN)
Ambassador to The Phoenix Collective (TPC)
The oRIAn Trading Belt

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Loren)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Loren)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]You're an awesome HoE ^__^

lol that sounds wrong. XD[/quote]
<Nitemarebforcrismas> I know...
<Nitemarebforcrismas> I've never been kicked by you before though
<Nitemarebforcrismas> You kick so good...
<Nitemarebforcrismas> @_@
<Nitemarebforcrismas> lol

Offline WestWind

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade
  • war boner is 6.26" long.
  • has 9 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Desert Wind
  • Ruler: WestWind
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2007, 01:35:27 pm »
FFXII- so far I like it. Reminds me more of Vagrant Story what with all the political stuff, not to mention the music, battle system, and style.

Offline Commisar Gaunt

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2007, 01:52:15 pm »
So the games I'm interested in right now to buy based off of this thread are...

Civ4
Halflife 1, 2 etc
Dead Rising

Any other suggestions?

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2007, 04:30:39 pm »
bioshock is great if you like horor shooters

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Flask)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Flask)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]"Former HoFA, Remember? Back When Moth Was Good At Government. When The Crops Were Healthy And The Birds Sang. The Birds Don't Sing Any moar. Moth Had The Birds Executed By Firing Squad The Day Of His Election To Triumvirate. Now The Crops Are Dead. Sucks."[/quote]

Offline Maleficus

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2007, 12:22:53 pm »
Currently playing Fable: The Lost Chapters. Saying that I am always playing it. I play it as it is a good game to while a way the hours on the bus or lorry or whatever.
Also playing WWE 2007 because I love playing wrestling games, and also NationStates.
I am Maleficus, ruler of The Old Kingdom. I come from the Bloodline of Archon.

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the War of the Coalition One year of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2007, 12:43:55 pm »
Quote from: Commisar Gaunt
Any other suggestions?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is a good realism fps/survival crossover with an element of rpg, and quite immersive. just make sure you patch it if you buy it. should be cheap now, 20-30

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline d0llface87

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/alyciasbi
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2007, 12:58:37 pm »
I play WoW (just started), Silent Hill (I'm on the second one ... again, just started), and Sims2.

I'm not much of a gamer, but I have fun nonetheless :-)
*All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream*

Offline Neforatu

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=171670
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2007, 03:25:45 pm »
The Elder Srolls: Morrowind

I know I am outdated on this one, but I just started to enjoy playing it again.

Offline Lamentations

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2007, 06:24:12 pm »
Utopia ^^

I know it's a browser game but it owns, also I don't care too much for your so-called "rules"

Offline fixxxer

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/reign_in_blood_666
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2007, 06:39:11 pm »
COUNTER STRIKEEEEE!!

yehhs
1.6 and CZ
mostly CZ
anybody wants to play, add me on Steam: xrunner05

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2007, 09:23:15 pm »
just started comand and conquer 3 kane edition and it looks and plays amazingley

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Flask)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Flask)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]"Former HoFA, Remember? Back When Moth Was Good At Government. When The Crops Were Healthy And The Birds Sang. The Birds Don't Sing Any moar. Moth Had The Birds Executed By Firing Squad The Day Of His Election To Triumvirate. Now The Crops Are Dead. Sucks."[/quote]

Offline moisescruz

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 1.99" long.
    • View Profile
  • Nation: doppler town
  • Ruler: moisabamf
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2007, 10:04:22 pm »
team fortress son!
its soo much better than CS
lol

Offline GRX Dragon

• Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/generalraptorx
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2007, 07:04:37 am »
Quote from: Commisar Gaunt
So the games I'm interested in right now to buy based off of this thread are...

Civ4
Halflife 1, 2 etc
Dead Rising

Any other suggestions?

If you haven't played F.E.A.R., you'll never experience a game full of horror and gore. With it coming from someone who has no fears and not scared by any horror movie/game period... well you get the idea.

Neforatu, Morrowind is awesome.

Well if you wanna talk WoW, I'll put in FFXI since I'm continuously playing it and am a veteran FFXI-player. Which should be obvious from my nation's name, as one of FFXI's areas is Konschtat Highlands. (Dantai - Hume Female - Levels: 75DRG, 75WHM, 70RDM, 53SMN, etc.; Bastok rank 10, San d'Oria rank 10, Windurst rank 6, Zilart Missions completed, CoP@8-4, ToAU@44, and Private-First Class rank in Assault.)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 07:09:49 am by GRX Dragon »

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=KingRanter)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (KingRanter)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]i hope you die so i can piss on your grave.[/quote]
Thanks for the badge of honor, stupid fanboy.

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2007, 07:39:47 am »
Quote from: Neforatu

something about morrowind, that was lost in oblivion, although I liked oblivion too.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 6.25" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Realm of Mpire
  • Ruler: invincible13matt
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2007, 07:46:01 am »
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (just came out this week! :-)) and Dawn of War Dark Crusade.
More resilient than Wile E. Coyote.

Third, Fourth Great War Veteran, War of the Coalition Veteran
Lands ravaged, cities in ruins, so many lives sacrificed, and yet there was no other word for it but victory.

Offline GRX Dragon

• Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/generalraptorx
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2007, 09:28:16 am »
Quote from: llamavore
Quote from: Neforatu

something about morrowind, that was lost in oblivion, although I liked oblivion too.

I agree. I thought Oblivion was good on its own (except for the vampirism, that sucked period in Oblivion). But c'mon, nowhere near as good as Morrowind even with many of the major mods. However, I would give it to Oblivion for having the some of the best graphics for the year. But still, it just seemed to have too many flaws. In particular, I didn't like the new vampire system (or it having no lycanthropy infection). The biggest flaw that ruined it for me was they went too down-to-the-letter on the character customization. I never could get the character I liked.

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=KingRanter)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (KingRanter)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]i hope you die so i can piss on your grave.[/quote]
Thanks for the badge of honor, stupid fanboy.

Offline Grand Poobah Marx

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Recruitment One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • war boner is 5.89" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: North Place
  • Ruler: Grand Poobah Marx
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2007, 09:39:54 am »
Cybernations. =p
Master Raider

[span style="color:#48D1CC"]cave laborem[/span]

Quote from: llamavore
I say listen to the gay jew.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 42 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317