Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: I like someone. There, I said it.  (Read 7664 times)

wethepeople

I like someone. There, I said it.
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2007, 07:39:52 pm »
Keeps them? Forces them is more like it Shy. Recently at our church someone said, "My boy just started talking about God. He's 5, but has a good head on his shoulders. He's accepted Christ." Everyone started smiling and some women cried, I laughed to myself. Brainwashing before they know which side of the diaper smells the worst FTW. How about the dress codes, keeping them from certain shows and movies, complete and total ignoring of history and math, etc. And my personal favorite, Evangelism. -Shudder- Religion should be a self matter. You accept God, or whoever and keep it to yourself and praise in your own way. Organized religion is no more religious than boot camp.

But as you said the trips are nice, shows at the church, etc. Those are harmless and enjoyable. Its the other crap that bugs the bajeezus out of me.

Offline Shyox

• RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave
  • war boner is 0.26" long.
  • has 29 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Casterly Rock
  • Ruler: leonardothered
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2007, 07:44:15 pm »
Quote from: wethepeople
Keeps them? Forces them is more like it Shy. Recently at our church someone said, "My boy just started talking about God. He's 5, but has a good head on his shoulders. He's accepted Christ." Everyone started smiling and some women cried, I laughed to myself. Brainwashing before they know which side of the diaper smells the worst FTW. How about the dress codes, keeping them from certain shows and movies, complete and total ignoring of history and math, etc. And my personal favorite, Evangelism. -Shudder- Religion should be a self matter. You accept God, or whoever and keep it to yourself and praise in your own way. Organized religion is no more religious than boot camp.

But as you said the trips are nice, shows at the church, etc. Those are harmless and enjoyable. Its the other crap that bugs the bajeezus out of me.

Wow... We share the same opinion then.

I've definitely had a lot of problems with my faith over the years... I don't even know if you can call me a Christian anymore.

My main beef is that I just can't see how someone can love God more than their children, or parents.

Even at the height of my faith, I would never be able to forsake them over God.
A Lannister always pays his debts

Offline Damen

• RItiree - burritos
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2007, 07:45:49 pm »
I accepted Christ when I was 5.

<.<

[23:02] loren: You're pants are very fun

Andy says:
lorens not responding so HI LORENS MOM
Andy says:
HELLO BARBARA
Andy says:
I KNOW YOUR NAME
Andy says:
I'VE SEEN YOUR DAUGHTER NAKED, HAVE YOU?
loren says:
FUCK YOU MAN
loren says:
SHE ALMOST SAW THAT
loren says:
O_O

[span style="color:#48D1CC"]I WILL NOT REMOVE THIS UNTIL KENNY DECLARES DEFEAT[/span] 8-2-07

wethepeople

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2007, 07:47:17 pm »
Christianity is a label. I believe in Christ, and I have my personal faith. No one but me knows why I have that faith, and I intend to keep it that way. Thats it. I hate organized religion, I hate denominations and all these craptastic rules they have and all that. And like you said people who would throw away their family for Christ should be shot in the head. Period.

wethepeople

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2007, 07:47:51 pm »
Thats your free will Damen. >_> This kid has never seen another view or side in his life, and probably thinks Christianity is the only religion--If he even understands what religion is.

Offline Damen

• RItiree - burritos
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2007, 07:48:33 pm »
People shouldn't have to throw their families away for Christ. Christ does not want that.

Andy says:
Andy says:
HELLO BARBARA
Andy says:
I KNOW YOUR NAME
Andy says:
loren says:
FUCK YOU MAN
loren says:
SHE ALMOST SAW THAT
loren says:
O_O

[span style="color:#48D1CC"]I WILL NOT REMOVE THIS UNTIL KENNY DECLARES DEFEAT[/span] 8-2-07

wethepeople

« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2007, 07:49:37 pm »
Nor do their family members. >_>

Offline Damen

• RItiree - burritos
  • God Emperor Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2007, 07:49:44 pm »
Thats your free will Damen. >_> This kid has never seen another view or side in his life, and probably thinks Christianity is the only religion--If he even understands what religion is.

I've actually taken considerable time to study other religions and beliefs. I accepted Christ as my savior when I was 5, but I kept him as my savior because I truly believe.

Andy says:
Andy says:
HELLO BARBARA
Andy says:
I KNOW YOUR NAME
Andy says:
loren says:
FUCK YOU MAN
loren says:
SHE ALMOST SAW THAT
loren says:
O_O

wethepeople

« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2007, 07:50:39 pm »
-Nod- I did not know Damen.

Offline Damen

• RItiree - burritos
  • God Emperor Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2007, 07:52:12 pm »
I've come to the conclusion that Christianity is the only religion that truly makes sense to me. Not because of my studies, but because of other aspects that I will not go further into.

Andy says:
Andy says:
HELLO BARBARA
Andy says:
I KNOW YOUR NAME
Andy says:
loren says:
FUCK YOU MAN
loren says:
SHE ALMOST SAW THAT
loren says:
O_O

wethepeople

« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2007, 07:53:14 pm »
I agree. My opinion was not swayed by the eight million Science vs Christianity lectures I've seen, nor should it have been. Christianity is faith, not fact. There should be no assine debates about it. I shall go no further.

Offline Damen

• RItiree - burritos
  • God Emperor Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2007, 07:54:30 pm »
A Christian that feels the need to try and prove their religion by facts and figures is not a True Christian, but instead a hardly-faithful man looking for an argument.

Andy says:
Andy says:
HELLO BARBARA
Andy says:
I KNOW YOUR NAME
Andy says:
loren says:
FUCK YOU MAN
loren says:
SHE ALMOST SAW THAT
loren says:
O_O

wethepeople

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2007, 07:57:27 pm »
I agree. "Faith is eternal."

Not facts, faith.

wethepeople

« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2007, 07:59:34 pm »
But seriously, lets get back to topic. >_> I'll make a religion topic if we want a religious debate, this one is about chicks.

Offline skaboom

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2007, 08:01:03 pm »
This is the internet, arguments about religion are never supposed to end in mutual respect for each others' opinions.
Leaning close to my little record player on the floor, so this is what the volume knob is for.

Offline skaboom

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2007, 08:01:31 pm »
But seriously, lets get back to topic. >_> I'll make a religion topic if we want a religious debate, this one is about chicks.

Chicks are good.
Leaning close to my little record player on the floor, so this is what the volume knob is for.

Offline Damen

• RItiree - burritos
  • God Emperor Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2007, 08:03:19 pm »
You speak of her religious views as a fault, C-Zom. How religious someone is does not matter if there is a true spark there.

Andy says:
Andy says:
HELLO BARBARA
Andy says:
I KNOW YOUR NAME
Andy says:
loren says:
FUCK YOU MAN
loren says:
SHE ALMOST SAW THAT
loren says:
O_O

wethepeople

« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2007, 08:05:34 pm »
To me they are. You can be religious then you can be a jesus freak. Imagine when what they wear is conservative, what they listen to is religious, what they draw and write is both conservative and religious, etc. She would be on the bottom of my very, very short list of girls I like IF NOT for a side of her I can tell is there. I like her, not so much her actions or overwhelming beliefs.

I don't like her religious side. She's fine anywhere else.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 08:08:53 pm by wethepeople »

Offline skaboom

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2007, 08:07:43 pm »
If you don't like her actions and beliefs, uh, what else is there?

wethepeople

« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2007, 08:08:31 pm »
>_> Thats for me to know.

Nub.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 39 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317