Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Damn Dumb Apes - Next Gun Thread  (Read 1441 times)

Offline 1ofkind

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
Damn Dumb Apes - Next Gun Thread
« on: March 31, 2009, 09:19:50 pm »
Most people have the idea that a firearm such as a berret 92fs pistol or the ak-74 are weapons easily able to make death, but most people haven’t even ever touched a gun before as well most people will never buy a gun, because they feel that they can always buy one if they would really need it, but the truth is that a weapon with zeroed in sights, and loaded magazines is a luxury to an experienced shooter so therefore you can’t just go to the store then come out with a ready to go killing machine.

Sighting in a gun – zeroing in the sights is unique to each kind of gun, and it takes time to git-er-done. A scope is easy to do, but mounting a scope is 3/4ths of the battle, because the scope needs to be mounted absolutely perfectly, and this takes more than what the eye can see.

Iron sights are left untouched by many shooters, and so a lot of people that shoot surplus cheap rifles just shoot for fun missing on purpose just to feel the recoil, because there’s no easy way to go about sighting them not to mention that it’s very difficult to aim with them so it’s practically impossible for any new shooter to zero in their iron sights until they’re become an experienced shooter.

Firing at 100 yards, and beyond is not something that’s not even tackled by everyone especially anyone using a gun with iron sights, because the rectiles are actually larger then the target so it takes the ability to proportion which means going beyond the ability to see in order to mark the target. Getting a group or just hitting the target alone is a huge accomplishment for any new shooter, and an experienced shooter doesn’t have a picnic even with their experience, because I myself can’t even begin to describe how still I have to hold, but to give an idea here’s something to visualize it by: breathe in, and then out.

The little movement that breath caused probably cost at least 12 MOA – 1 ft off at 100 yards if you actually managed to be completely still not to mention that the stillness must be maintained as muscles are clenched to keep the gun still as the trigger is being pulled very slowly. The tiniest but of movement will cause a lose group, and a good chance of a complete miss.

In World War 2, it was noted that the bolt action infield rifle was much more capable of hitting a target at 200 yards and further than the mg-42 big motherfucking bad ass machine after one minute of shooting so let be know after reading this that full automatic firing is useless against distant targets. To add to this the newest version of the M16 has had its full automatic firing option for the fire selector taken off, and it can only fire in burst or semi automatic now. It's not more deadly than ever, because of shooters not being jerk offs with automatic firepower.

Shooting at 200 yards, and beyond that requires a professional ability for stillness and becoming in a moment of zen. Plus before even beginning to shoot the weapon’s sight must be adjusted for the range, because the oxet will become affected by falling down.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8244/19191470.png

To compensate with a scope the shooter must offset the rectile above by how much the oxet will fall or if the shooter has an iron sight the back sight will have an adjuster with numbers to go by for the distance of the target. It’s a luxury to know the distance, have 0 wind, and no moisture in the air otherwise the shot will involve much luck. That’s just parts of shooting a rifle, and loading is another terrible side.

While loading may be just plopping some cartridges into a magazine, and then putting it into the mag receiver these things don’t always happen so reliably or smoothly, because magazines don’t just go into their groves willingly. In fact anyone without a unique respect for mechanisms will probably end up getting the magazine stuck in the receiver or end up having to make several attempts to get it to click which sound means that it’s in.

Every time I take a guest with me to the range I’m constantly interrupted to help them fix stuck magazines or I need to refamiliarize them with how to know the magazine is in correctly, because even if the new shooter gets the magazine in the gun right they still half the time don’t push it in far enough to enter the chamber yet, however; still far enough though so that it doesn’t fall out of the gun where it gets clamped in just before it’s in place.

Guns are simple, but are still mechanical devices. Every new shooter is as good as a stupid chimp with one in their hands if they have no practice with firearms, and the only other person who I ever saw properly use my rifles without a problem is my cousin who spent 10+ years in the boy scouts. By the way he has achievement badges for using a variety of firearms.

Now for the grand point: if you think that it’s wise to not own a useful for tactical applications, because you don’t see a need one therefore don’t have one then you’re an idiot, because you’ve been forewarned: it takes years or intensive training to become efficient with a gun, and if you shall ever find yourself needing one then it is to late.  Be always prepared, and by taking up a new hobby: gun ownership.

MOA – Minute of Angle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minute_of_arc

Be patriotic: don’t be ready to be ass fucked by.

Next Article: How to decide what first gun to buy!  

Muay Thai - Strength Training - Battle Rifles - (ex) Paintball Professional - C&C:RA2 - COD4:MW - My Nation

Offline Arsenal 10

• Officer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • SPIEZ MASTER!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Four years of Random Insanity Has colonized the Moon! Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Economics Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Karma War Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 19.29" long.
  • has 250 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Goonville
  • Ruler: Arsenal 10
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 09:39:51 pm »
Wall of text about guns = I skip it.

Moral of story: Guns kill. Killing is bad.
Chillaxin since 3/23/2008

Quote from: Moth
On the contrary, I think we're being very unserious about this. If we were serious about this situation, it would have been settled in a matter of hours.
Quote from: cctmsp13
If you're good enough for Arsenal, then you're good enough for me.
Quote from: pielord47
Arsenal, have I mentioned how large my mother told me your cannon was? She said it was HUGE.

Offline Vice Man

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has colonized the Moon! Has donated money for the RIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 11:07:59 pm »
Quote from: Arsenal 10
Wall of text about guns = I skip it.

Moral of story: Guns kill. Killing is bad.

but awesome. Thus, guns are awesome.
KENNY SAYS CHILLAX

Offline Arsenal 10

• Officer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • SPIEZ MASTER!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Four years of Random Insanity Has colonized the Moon! Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Economics Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Karma War Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • has 250 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 11:36:04 pm »
Killing is awesome?

The hippy in me feels the need to give you a daisy.

On the contrary, I think we're being very unserious about this. If we were serious about this situation, it would have been settled in a matter of hours.
Arsenal, have I mentioned how large my mother told me your cannon was? She said it was HUGE.

Offline 1ofkind

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 04:19:12 pm »
i have a gun in my room, and not one has it kill

wow

youre very easy to contradict

Muay Thai - Strength Training - Battle Rifles - (ex) Paintball Professional - C&C:RA2 - COD4:MW - My Nation

Offline Arsenal 10

• Officer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • SPIEZ MASTER!
  • has 250 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 11:48:56 pm »
Did you?

Sorry, I missed it.

Do you mean to say guns do not kill? If so, you are using it wrong.

Offline DrunkWino

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 11:51:03 pm »

I have yet to see a gun get up, load itself, and shoot someone.
Vote Cthulhu 2016

Offline Arsenal 10

• Officer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • SPIEZ MASTER!
  • has 250 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 12:11:38 am »
Ah yes, of course. How could I have been so foolish..

>_>

<_<

Offline 1ofkind

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2009, 10:06:05 am »
Perhaps you shouldn't own a gun if that confused you.

I'm sorrry

and

youre a good boy

you suck

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been a Triumvir Six years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Baldr War Five years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Karma War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has donated money for the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has colonized the Moon!
  • war boner is 21.03" long.
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Jenne
  • Ruler: Jenne
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2009, 11:39:12 am »
Quote from: DrunkWino

I have also yet to see a crazed person pissed because someone is picking on them about their poor English, stand up, put a shell in their finger and start killing people with it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 11:40:19 am by Jenne »

Offline Arsenal 10

• Officer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • SPIEZ MASTER!
  • has 250 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2009, 07:43:37 pm »
When will I learn, arguing with gun crazy Americans about guns is about as pointful as trying to convince a dutch football fan that their team was actually outplayed and it wasn't the ref's fault. >_>

Offline DrunkWino

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2009, 08:01:43 pm »
Quote from: Jenne
Quote from: DrunkWino

I have also yet to see a crazed person pissed because someone is picking on them about their poor English, stand up, put a shell in their finger and start killing people with it.

Me neither, but I have seen that same crazy type mother fucker grab a knife and start killing people.
Vote Cthulhu 2016

Offline Thunder Strike

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Veteran of the Equilibrium War Inductee of the Golden Dong Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has colonized Mars! Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Karma War Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has been a Triumvir
  • war boner is 19.46" long.
  • has 324 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Storm Heaven
  • Ruler: Thunder Strike
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2009, 09:23:50 pm »
When will I learn, arguing with gun crazy Americans about guns is about as pointful as trying to convince a dutch football fan that their team was actually outplayed and it wasn't the ref's fault. >_>

But it was the ref's fault.

Offline Leo

• Common Dandy
  • Floridian Tribal Elder
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Dave War Six years of Random Insanity Five years of Random Insanity Hero of the RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Karma War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Unjust War Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 14.02" long.
  • has 218 llamas
    • View Profile
    • see my kitty
  • Nation: The Turtle Lair
  • Ruler: Leonardo
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2009, 09:51:00 pm »
IT WAS A FUCKING FUMBLE, HOCHULI!!! HOW THE FUCK DID YOU NOT SEE IT!!!!!!! EVERYONE ELSE DID!!! GOD FUCKING DAMN FUCKING IT!!!
looking for new sig
Spoiler for Hiden:
Fuck y'all.

Quote from: Crazyman93
Well, Mia, I honestly think the one thing keeping us from war, is that no one else wants to risk Leo joining them if RIA is beaten to hell
<brians_bot>: kenny > big tits
Currently banned from the IRC channels of NPO, NpO, NpO's Academy, RnR, TOOL, IRON, VE, SOS, CSN, Legion, MK, Invicta, NSO, IAA, ODN, GGA, Paradox, Sparta, Ronin, Amazon, Genesis, FK, tripletonic2, Superfriends, GPA, TJO, Cybernations(the channel), Coldfront(the channel), sex(the channel), RIA, Poisonclan, TPF, nukethanquit, faggotry, slcb, exodus, fok, we_surrender_to_INT, mogars_room, temptrade, Karaoke, gotham, win, misfitnations, MHA, relationships, nordreich, nongrata, war

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 43 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317