Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Al Gore won the Nobel Peace Prize.  (Read 846 times)

Offline Joker

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nothingface/
Al Gore won the Nobel Peace Prize.
« on: October 12, 2007, 02:22:19 pm »
How much you wanna bet this'd be turned into a liability if he ran for president?  

Anyway, Al Gore's great and all, but, uh, isn't there somebody else out there who could've gotten it? Who actually worked towards peace and understanding? Spreading info on global warming is great, but I don't think it really relates to making the world a more peaceful place.
Now in NpO. Take that as you will.

wethepeople

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 02:38:30 pm »
At this rate Leonardo Decaprio will win the next Peace Prize. -_- Wow.

Offline NoPayneNoGain

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 04:00:08 pm »
Or Bono. Lord knows he has to be #1 at everything because he's a #2. Besides, the Prize has become something of a joke as of late. I mean, couldn't they have found someone more worthy than Yasser Arafat in 1994?

Offline IronSoldier820

• TTK Ambassador
  • Cactuar
  • It's My Dick in a Box
    • View Profile
    • The Templar Knights
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 05:00:20 pm »
I truly believe that at this point,
Kanye West deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Quote from: Loren
I could care less if they murdered a town of babies, but if they killed the dog.. <__<

Offline Joker

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 08:38:13 pm »
Yasser Arafat I can understand. By having all the Palestinians blow themselves up, slowly, but surely, he was paving the road towards peace. Seriously, have you seen some of the suicide bombers? They've had preteens, women, and even the retarded as suicide bombers. If the Israelis hadn't gone and stopped the suicide bombings, they could be living happily in peace due to lack of Palestinians to fight them.

Offline Delta1212

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards The Disorder War Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Four years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of Great War III Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has colonized the Moon! Has donated money for the RIA Has assisted the HoIA in the Internal Affairs dept Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been a Triumvir
  • war boner is 16.44" long.
  • has 107 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Verspasia
  • Ruler: Delta1212
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 09:06:39 pm »
The 2009 Nobel Prize for Peace goes to...Bilrow!
It's ok Delta, the mods still love you.  But the forum skin is not a user and we cannot warn it.

<Away_Srqt[PG13]> thanks for satisfying my girlfriend delta
<Away_Srqt[PG13]> I appreciate it

The Truth about Scientology

Offline skaboom

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 09:37:27 pm »
The Nobel Peace prize is sort of a misnomer, it doesn't necessarily have to go to peace activists. There are also prizes for scientific pioneers and such. As amazing as it is, some people still don't believe in global warming. For a stone-faced politician to become such an engaging activist for a cause that affects literally every single living thing on the planet is deserving of the prize, IMO.
Leaning close to my little record player on the floor, so this is what the volume knob is for.

Offline pacothenacho

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 09:59:35 pm »
Skaboom is right the nobel peace prize's mostly go to scienctific researchers or people who have solved some great social issue.

If Al gore cares so much about Global warming he should run for president so once he gets in office he'll be able to really do something about, instead of trying to persuade people too. so far The U.S hasn't done squat for the environment in the last 8 years.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 10:00:04 pm by pacothenacho »

Offline Joker

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 10:23:47 pm »
Isn't there a Nobel Prize specifically for science, though? I'm pretty sure all those scientists get THAT.

Offline Vietnamese Guy

• Cactuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 10:31:24 pm »
yes, chemistry and physics, as well as literature?

Offline IronSoldier820

• TTK Ambassador
  • Cactuar
  • It's My Dick in a Box
    • View Profile
    • The Templar Knights
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 11:13:49 pm »
Quote from: pacothenacho
If Al gore cares so much about Global warming he should run for president so once he gets in office he'll be able to really do something about, instead of trying to persuade people too.
I believe he tried that already. I might be wrong, but his attempt might also be somewhat related the reason Florida is a meme.

Quote from: Loren
I could care less if they murdered a town of babies, but if they killed the dog.. <__<

Offline schneereich

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007, 11:31:02 pm »
there are 6 nobel prizes: peace, medicine, chemistry, physics, literature, and economics. amusingly, it is said that alfred nobel set up the prize fund because he felt terrible that his invention (dynamite) caused such misery in war, and wanted to redeem himself. laureates (winners) in chemistry, physics, and economics are chosen by the swedish academy of sciences, laureates in literature are selected by the swedish academy, laureates for medicine are chosen by the nobel assembly (who are chosen by the karolinska institute), and laureates for peace are selected by the norwegian nobel committee (who are chosen by the norwegian parliament). interestingly, i once had an e-mail debate with some idiot reporter for worldnetdaily (a crappy right-wing news organization) about why us congressmen are NOT responsible for nominating potential nobel laureates.

anyway, scientists dont generally get the peace prize. they get the medicine, chemistry or physics prizes. the peace prize goes to people who make some kind of social difference. al gore seems to be at the forefront of every major environmental rally thing, so i'd say he deserves it. after all its a pretty important cause, unless youre old and wont be affected by it (like most of our lawmakers).

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 36 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317