Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Nerds  (Read 2874 times)

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • Awards Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 4.97" long.
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
Nerds
« on: June 19, 2007, 07:51:23 pm »
What is your definition of a nerd?
Just wondering as everyone goes from clothes to smarts to how they act when deturmening who a nerd is and who is not
Ruling over pie since that one time a couple years ago.

Quote from: Wikipedia Article for Portal
Wolpaw further describes the idea of using cake as the reward came about as "at the beginning of the Portal development process, we sat down as a group to decide what philosopher or school of philosophy our game would be based on. That was followed by about 15 minutes of silence and then someone mentioned that a lot of people like cake."

Offline ace of spades

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave
    • View Profile
    • http://
Nerds
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 10:53:54 pm »
umm... i would consider myself a nerd, but i'm not sure how i'd define it. i guess i'd say "someone who spends more time using the brain than not"

Sorry, RIA... I'm burritos, but i may come back to visit ;)
Use my money wisely RIA!

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
    • http://flaskbear.newgrounds.com/
Nerds
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 01:50:01 am »
I'm a witty/funny nerd.

Hyperonic ~ "I finally have enough evidence to prove that Flask is in fact a bear."
Kaiser ~ "This topic is a lie. Flask has thought of everything ever."

Offline DRUNKENKING

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
Nerds
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 03:12:16 am »
Flask is one of those nerds that could beat the Bajesus outta ya if you displease him.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder unless you just ripped that eye from its socket and ground it into the cold, hard surface of reality.
-Flask

I am the ballot in your box
the oxet in your gun
that inner glow that lets you know to call your brothers son

the story that just begun
the promise of what's to come
and I will remain a soldier til' the war is won.

Offline Twilight Master Neo

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
Nerds
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 05:35:05 am »
My definition of a nerd- A person who is smart but has little social skills and a small social life. A person who always makes sentences that contain info that wouldn't make sense to people that don't even watch/play what they're talking about. Then they would get obnoxious and rude when they point out how they are wrong . Another defining factor would be if they are a extreme fanboy of a particular show/gaming company and would kill you if you say otherwise.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 05:39:17 am by Twilight Master Neo »
Medals of Honor:
Great War III and The Unjust War

(^*~Click for Nation Link~*^)

Damen is like a cat; Annoying, mean, but hilarious when launched from a catapult.

</div>

Offline ace of spades

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactuar
    • View Profile
Nerds
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 07:20:06 am »
but there are a lot of fangirls like that, does that mean they are all nerds?

Use my money wisely RIA!

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex
    • View Profile
Nerds
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 08:26:09 am »
yes

also  lets see who in RIA is smurt

diff between geek and nerd?

winner gets a cookie

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Flask)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Flask)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]"Former HoFA, Remember? Back When Moth Was Good At Government. When The Crops Were Healthy And The Birds Sang. The Birds Don't Sing Any moar. Moth Had The Birds Executed By Firing Squad The Day Of His Election To Triumvirate. Now The Crops Are Dead. Sucks."[/quote]

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • The Taste of Jeff Goldblum
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of Great War III Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 9.5" long.
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
Nerds
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 03:18:09 pm »
Am I a nerd? Some people say "yes", some people say "no".

The people who think I am a nerd say so because I am apparently a genius, that computer haxx0r guy, and because I confuse them when I talk.

People who say "no", make note of my rum induced rants/fights/urges to piss on cars, people, and famous locations. Oh, and my habit of throwing people through windshields. Not to mention me getting hit in the stomach and thrown down stairs smashing my head against the floor.

I am constantly outsmarting, nerding up conversations with topics like "those farking DMCA faggots", and hacking friends just to fark with them.

If I try to kick your ass, I may lose. But, I will lay down in a bleeding mess thinking of ways to fark with you on MySpace.com. If you out nerd me, you won't out drink me and you won't out smoke me. If you can do those last two things, you definitely aren't going to out hack me.

That's why I am the farking Fox.

I'm the official son of a bitch smart guy in your life.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 03:19:12 pm by Hyperonic »

Offline Twilight Master Neo

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
Nerds
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 03:43:35 pm »
Damn it! I know the answer to the geek vs. nerd question but I can't remember it >_<
Medals of Honor:
Great War III and The Unjust War

(^*~Click for Nation Link~*^)

Damen is like a cat; Annoying, mean, but hilarious when launched from a catapult.

</div>

Offline Grand Poobah Marx

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Economics One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Unjust War Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 5.89" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: North Place
  • Ruler: Grand Poobah Marx
Nerds
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 07:12:34 am »
a geek is more into computers
Master Raider

[span style="color:#48D1CC"]cave laborem[/span]

Quote from: llamavore
I say listen to the gay jew.

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex
    • View Profile
Nerds
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 10:56:59 am »
wrong

geek = carnival worker

geek just some how became slang for nerd

but also for the one dictonary i could find with geek in it besides carni it said something like a geek is a very smart person with the same skills/ knowlage as a nerd but they dont devote their life to the studying and they are not (and i quote) "physicaly un-atractive"

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Flask)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Flask)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]"Former HoFA, Remember? Back When Moth Was Good At Government. When The Crops Were Healthy And The Birds Sang. The Birds Don't Sing Any moar. Moth Had The Birds Executed By Firing Squad The Day Of His Election To Triumvirate. Now The Crops Are Dead. Sucks."[/quote]

Offline evil greg guy

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Was elected to be Captain Planet
    • View Profile
Nerds
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2007, 11:15:26 am »
holy shit i think im a geek  
"That makes me angry, and when Dr. Evil gets angry, Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset. And when Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset....people DIE!!!"
                                         - Dr. Evil

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
    • View Profile
Nerds
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 11:22:40 am »
just so every one gets this

geek is a good thing, its a hot, smart person

nerd is bad tis a creepy ugly person who is smurt

Offline ace of spades

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactuar
    • View Profile
Nerds
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 06:37:42 pm »
so i'm bad looking? then am i a geek?  or still a nerd?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 06:38:12 pm by ace of spades »

Use my money wisely RIA!

Offline 1ofkind

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
Nerds
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2007, 12:26:48 am »
First of all the dictionary doesn't dictate the meaning of a word. Words are simply meanings, and those meaning are dictated by us. Just because the knights at the round table didn't put it in the dictionary, or give a word a certain meaning that doesn't mean it's non-existent.

Now I say a nerd, and geek are two totally different things:

A nerd is just a person following a trend, and trying to act a certain way.

A geek on the other hand is an obsolete member of society who's sheltered by a 3rd party.
Muay Thai - Strength Training - Battle Rifles - (ex) Paintball Professional - C&C:RA2 - COD4:MW - My Nation

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
    • View Profile
Nerds
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2007, 09:42:45 pm »
*brain splodes*

Offline Chaos Poet

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.idontrollonshabbat.com
Nerds
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2007, 10:48:52 pm »
Quote from: Hyperonic
Am I a nerd? Some people say "yes", some people say "no".

The people who think I am a nerd say so because I am apparently a genius, that computer haxx0r guy, and because I confuse them when I talk.

People who say "no", make note of my rum induced rants/fights/urges to piss on cars, people, and famous locations. Oh, and my habit of throwing people through windshields. Not to mention me getting hit in the stomach and thrown down stairs smashing my head against the floor.

I am constantly outsmarting, nerding up conversations with topics like "those farking DMCA faggots", and hacking friends just to fark with them.

If I try to kick your ass, I may lose. But, I will lay down in a bleeding mess thinking of ways to fark with you on MySpace.com. If you out nerd me, you won't out drink me and you won't out smoke me. If you can do those last two things, you definitely aren't going to out hack me.

That's why I am the farking Fox.

I'm the official son of a bitch smart guy in your life.

Kenny if you were such a fox, then how come your letting your family die by lying.  If you were such a fox you'd save them. You cant though because that fox you see in the picture is actually your soul!!!

[a href=\"http://imageshack.us\" target=\"_blank\"]
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 10:53:01 pm by Chaos Poet »

всe... Чиллах именно так...

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=121543

Offline evil greg guy

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Was elected to be Captain Planet
    • View Profile
Nerds
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2007, 04:22:25 pm »
WHOA!!!          

THAT SOUNDS LIKE ANGER!!!!  
"That makes me angry, and when Dr. Evil gets angry, Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset. And when Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset....people DIE!!!"
                                         - Dr. Evil

Offline Vietnamese Guy

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
Nerds
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2007, 04:28:13 pm »
a nerd is someone who finds internet humor funny

like everyone in the RIA

Offline Crunka

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 4.32" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/thecolourofmusic
Nerds
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2007, 04:32:46 pm »
lol
"it's better to live one day as a lion[/size] than a thousand years as a lamb"
[/i]

check out my flickr!
check out my band: The Color of Music
check out my cock

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.596 seconds with 48 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317