Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Who hear is reading/ has read the Ender books?  (Read 1377 times)

Offline Damen

• RItiree - burritos
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
    • View Profile
    • http://
Who hear is reading/ has read the Ender books?
« on: October 27, 2007, 03:32:56 pm »
@_@ I'm currently on Xenocide. Very good set of books.

[23:02] loren: You're pants are very fun

Andy says:
lorens not responding so HI LORENS MOM
Andy says:
HELLO BARBARA
Andy says:
I KNOW YOUR NAME
Andy says:
I'VE SEEN YOUR DAUGHTER NAKED, HAVE YOU?
loren says:
FUCK YOU MAN
loren says:
SHE ALMOST SAW THAT
loren says:
O_O

[span style="color:#48D1CC"]I WILL NOT REMOVE THIS UNTIL KENNY DECLARES DEFEAT[/span] 8-2-07

Offline Commisar Gaunt

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 03:43:55 pm »
I've read them all.  Nothing new.

Offline Delta1212

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards The Disorder War Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has assisted the HoIA in the Internal Affairs dept Has donated money for the RIA Has colonized the Moon! Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been a Triumvir
  • war boner is 16.44" long.
  • has 107 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Verspasia
  • Ruler: Delta1212
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 04:06:59 pm »
Read all eight or so books. I've heard he's coming out with a last one. I think it was something about tying off both stoylines.

Anyway, I actually prefer his Homecoming series. I've read it three times, whereas I've only read Ender about twice.
It's ok Delta, the mods still love you.  But the forum skin is not a user and we cannot warn it.

<Away_Srqt[PG13]> thanks for satisfying my girlfriend delta
<Away_Srqt[PG13]> I appreciate it

The Truth about Scientology

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 04:15:59 pm »
I've read all eight, but i only have 5 now....flask give them back!!!!

and they were something new when thery came out years ago

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Flask)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Flask)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]"Former HoFA, Remember? Back When Moth Was Good At Government. When The Crops Were Healthy And The Birds Sang. The Birds Don't Sing Any moar. Moth Had The Birds Executed By Firing Squad The Day Of His Election To Triumvirate. Now The Crops Are Dead. Sucks."[/quote]

Offline zombie2000

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 04:22:52 pm »
Skipped Shadow Puppets, Speaker for the Dead, and Xenocide. <.<
Zombie2000
Zombie World

Offline —-

• Cuba
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 7 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 05:56:54 pm »
Never even heard of 'em, what are they about?

Offline Delta1212

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards The Disorder War Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has assisted the HoIA in the Internal Affairs dept Has donated money for the RIA Has colonized the Moon! Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been a Triumvir
  • war boner is 16.44" long.
  • has 107 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Verspasia
  • Ruler: Delta1212
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 06:14:43 pm »
To explain would be to ruin them.

The first one is about a school in space for children who will grow up to fight an alien race called the Buggers.

It sounds stupid as hell, but they are good enough that people have actually taught the books in school/college.
It's ok Delta, the mods still love you.  But the forum skin is not a user and we cannot warn it.

<Away_Srqt[PG13]> thanks for satisfying my girlfriend delta
<Away_Srqt[PG13]> I appreciate it

The Truth about Scientology

Offline Damen

• RItiree - burritos
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 06:43:20 pm »
First is as Delta said

SPOILERS

In chronological order

Speaker for the Dead is about Ender finding a family on a planet called Lusitania that study a species called the pequenino
Xenocide is about a fleet heading to destroy Lusitania
Hacen't read Children of the Mind.

[23:02] loren: You're pants are very fun

Andy says:
lorens not responding so HI LORENS MOM
Andy says:
HELLO BARBARA
Andy says:
I KNOW YOUR NAME
Andy says:
I'VE SEEN YOUR DAUGHTER NAKED, HAVE YOU?
loren says:
FUCK YOU MAN
loren says:
SHE ALMOST SAW THAT
loren says:
O_O

[span style="color:#48D1CC"]I WILL NOT REMOVE THIS UNTIL KENNY DECLARES DEFEAT[/span] 8-2-07

Offline Mr_Cynic

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 2.87" long.
  • has 70 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Mostly
  • Ruler: MrCynic
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 07:17:00 pm »
Speaker for the Dead is one of my favorite books of all time.
Quote from: Crunka
I like cats too. Let's exchange recipes.
Quote from: Flask
SPITE THE ROCK!
Quote from: Elijah S Konderwink
....I fucking hate you.
<Moldavi> lol

Offline Grand Poobah Marx

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Economics Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • war boner is 5.89" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: North Place
  • Ruler: Grand Poobah Marx
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 07:17:24 pm »
Quote from: Delta1212
Anyway, I actually prefer his Homecoming series.

I've read Homcoming 2x and Ender's series once, Homecoming's better.
Master Raider

[span style="color:#48D1CC"]cave laborem[/span]

Quote from: llamavore
I say listen to the gay jew.

Offline zombie2000

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 09:10:22 pm »
SPOILERS

Children of the Mind is about how Ender created a copy of Peter and Valentine's (when she was younger) bodies, but with Ender's soul in them. They work together to stop the fleet from destroying Lusitania.
Zombie2000
Zombie World

Offline The Ambiguity

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2007, 10:25:21 pm »
I've read them all and I happen to enjoy them. I'd recommend to read though...it sounded stupid at first, but after the first few chapters, I got into them.
Mehrdeutigkeit

Offline Lanna

• Ministress of Secks
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Military Operations
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
    • http://realbigcheese.livejournal.com/
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2007, 10:34:12 pm »
Never heard of the books.
Lebanese Proverb: Lower your voice and strengthen your argument.

Offline im317

• looking for new title
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Cactimus Prime
  • looking for new personal text
  • Awards Veteran of the Baldr War The Disorder War Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Formerly a member of PotD Alliance Veteran of the Equilibrium War Inductee of the Golden Dong Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has been a Triumvir Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been a diplomat RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has colonized Mars! Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been a Foreign Affairs director
  • war boner is 38.87" long.
  • has 796 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: im317
  • Ruler: im317
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2007, 10:36:27 pm »
wait there are 8? i thought there were only 7, can someone please list all the books.

never mind, i need to go get book 8 shadow of the giant, and also re-read the whole series.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 10:47:43 pm by im317 »
Silly child. You should know the RIA can't die. This place is like a zombie, but without a brain so even a head shot won't do it.

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
    • http://flaskbear.newgrounds.com/
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2007, 08:45:01 am »
I've read the Ender series, and Ender's Shadow, but then I stopped liking Bean, so I never finished...

Hyperonic ~ "I finally have enough evidence to prove that Flask is in fact a bear."
Kaiser ~ "This topic is a lie. Flask has thought of everything ever."

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2007, 08:21:29 pm »
then give them back!!!!

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Flask)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Flask)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]"Former HoFA, Remember? Back When Moth Was Good At Government. When The Crops Were Healthy And The Birds Sang. The Birds Don't Sing Any moar. Moth Had The Birds Executed By Firing Squad The Day Of His Election To Triumvirate. Now The Crops Are Dead. Sucks."[/quote]

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 45 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317