Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Who Plays WoW, Addiction or Just for Fun?  (Read 2664 times)

Offline Taladrea

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/angellicdarkness
Who Plays WoW, Addiction or Just for Fun?
« on: May 21, 2007, 03:44:04 pm »
Yes, I ask this to you my fellow RIA'ers....answer, debate it. Make merry!
~ Taladrea

your # Did not want to post it dut where r u @ ?

and can I have it?

"The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success." - Bruce Feirstein

"Stop making me repeat myself! Its bad for my health!" - Duo Maxwell (Gundam Wing)

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 6.25" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Realm of Mpire
  • Ruler: invincible13matt
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 04:18:51 pm »
not yet. Someone offered to let me borrow a demo, so I might get into it.
More resilient than Wile E. Coyote.

Third, Fourth Great War Veteran, War of the Coalition Veteran
Lands ravaged, cities in ruins, so many lives sacrificed, and yet there was no other word for it but victory.

Offline dester55

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Overlooked member of the RIA
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has been a diplomat Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Recruitment Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of Great War III RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 18.67" long.
  • has 189 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: kamicassis
  • Ruler: dester55
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 04:21:41 pm »
i will die before I play WoW.

When everyone rage quits I start taking my clothes off.

Offline Taladrea

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 05:34:23 pm »
Quote from: invincible13matt
not yet. Someone offered to let me borrow a demo, so I might get into it.

Its worth getting into, if you decide to stay and play I could give you a level 60-something Priest that I don't want anymore. You'd just have to pay the transfer fee.  

I'm on the Pernolde server if you wanna start from scratch too. Alliance and Horde. ^_^
~ Taladrea

and can I have it?

"The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success." - Bruce Feirstein

"Stop making me repeat myself! Its bad for my health!" - Duo Maxwell (Gundam Wing)

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 6.25" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Realm of Mpire
  • Ruler: invincible13matt
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 05:57:26 pm »
I probably won't start, due to the fact that I have little money of my own and couldn't keep up with paying it. I need that money to afford college in about a year.
More resilient than Wile E. Coyote.

Third, Fourth Great War Veteran, War of the Coalition Veteran
Lands ravaged, cities in ruins, so many lives sacrificed, and yet there was no other word for it but victory.

Offline Taladrea

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 06:09:50 pm »
I have the same problem, however...I spend 20 bucks ever 2 months for a prepaid card. Kinda gives leeway.
~ Taladrea

and can I have it?

Offline Citan

• RItiree - burritos
  • Baby Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 3.97" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.igzones.com
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 09:02:26 pm »
I have played since the week it came out and don't plan on quiting. Had to stop back in December though because my computer blew up and I got left with this crappy one, that'll end soon next month when I get my new one. I plan on buying Burning Crusade now and playing it until I either burn up another computer or a new one comes out.

Offline Taladrea

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 12:09:58 am »
Quote from: Citan
I have played since the week it came out and don't plan on quiting. Had to stop back in December though because my computer blew up and I got left with this crappy one, that'll end soon next month when I get my new one. I plan on buying Burning Crusade now and playing it until I either burn up another computer or a new one comes out.

Black Temple patch is coming out soon, Illidan goodness come with it *is a fangirl for him* Sucks that your comp died before the expansion.  Outland is sooo pretty in some places. Just don't...for the love of your own character ask to be summoned to OL at level 5. Deford did and well, it wasn't pretty.  
~ Taladrea

and can I have it?

Offline Perc

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 12:17:19 am »
I played rogue to 60 pre-expansion..
WoW is a sorry imitation of what everquest was pre-moon.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.  Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.  And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.  And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
-Ezekiel 25:17

Offline Taladrea

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 12:20:33 am »
Quote from: Perc
I played rogue to 60 pre-expansion..
WoW is a sorry imitation of what everquest was pre-moon.

I play currently and pre-xpac. Tried FFXI and hated it, went back to WoW. Its really better now that the expansion is out and less bug ridden. As for an imitation of EQ, eh..not so much. Just a compliment of what it was in its former glory.
~ Taladrea

and can I have it?

Offline Perc

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 12:32:36 am »
Well, imho, its a pale imitation..
I was in a fairly hardcore raiding guild in each game, and though I have much more time into eq, I raided successfully to Vaelstrasz before I quit..

Nothing wow has to offer can compare to an underpowered raid to the 5th level of the plane of air..(pre velious), or battling other guild alliances for the choicest spot to farm or raid..  Nothing can compare to working together with people in a constant state of flurry for 4 hours straight with nonstop FD monk pulls in the plane of hate or or kael or that badass dragon valley only to be trained from the entrance by a rival guild, which causes you to have a NAKED CR raid....what a nightmare lol, but soooooo much fun.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.  Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.  And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.  And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Offline Perc

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 12:34:59 am »
Alas it all ended with the moon expansion, and uber-guild-politics killed any fun that eq used to be..

WoW started with the guild politics bit and then worked its way out from there, so it is inherantly not as cool to be in a guild when thats what you're supposed to do in such a structured way (set # 20 and 40 man raids) vs joining a guild toniculated with people you like and trying to either run zones underpowered or with a massive amount of people

Offline Taladrea

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007, 12:40:50 am »
I like the current guild system and the raid system has changed since the expansion. Plus instances have 2 settings, Normal and Heroic. So, its not that all of a loss to play WoW. Mind you...you are not taking into account the arena and PvP setup now. Both have evo'd past what EQ has in that aspect of the MMO systems.
~ Taladrea

and can I have it?

Offline Perc

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2007, 12:51:03 am »
Quote from: Taladrea
I like the current guild system and the raid system has changed since the expansion. Plus instances have 2 settings, Normal and Heroic. So, its not that all of a loss to play WoW. Mind you...you are not taking into account the arena and PvP setup now. Both have evo'd past what EQ has in that aspect of the MMO systems.
Having played on a pve (only a dabble into pvp in eq) server in eq, and a pvp/pve server in wow, I dont really think i can compare the two pvp systems adequately, but I know that I tried a little to play in pvp on eq and it sucked and was hard, but i LOVED playing pvp in wow..  I was night elf chick rogue on pve server to 51 then changed to undead male rogue on pvp...wooow
also the bgs in wow are sick, i have to give it that...i wish more of the actual game was like the bgs
but as far as raiding intensity and the skills the PLAYER had to have vs the skills a TOON have, eq owns wow pretty hard..
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 12:51:45 am by Perc »

Offline Perc

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2007, 12:56:52 am »
I don't like how in wow you have to have a certain combination of people to take down a given boss..

Let me clarify:

In eq, the devs would design a cool monster and then wildly increase the strength to make it a raid mob..you had to strategize how to use your people efficiently, and after a couple wipes you would get a strategy (or borrow someone elses strategy, but some person could just have a good idea and save the raid) that would deeat that mob with *the people that you have*  In wow, the devs had a specific strategy and combination of people in mind to defeat the monster and variation from that strat is almost impossible without the benefit of being overpowered for the encounter.  Don't get me wrong, going through the motions is fun and everything, but not enough fun to keep me for longer than one or two raids in bwl

Offline Taladrea

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2007, 01:11:13 am »
The systems for bosses have drastically changed for the xpac. Especially in heroic runs. Mind you, I have yet to do them since I do not have a level 70 character...but from what I heard its well worth it.

Arenas are set up so then you can go after your same faction or the other faction. PvP in the most hardcore fashion. I have also yet to do this, but from what I hear...its brutal.

Battlegrounds are now multi-realm. Which means you can team up with others of your faction and spank not only the other faction but other realms as well. Its a wonderful thing. Plus, it speeds up the time you have to wait to enter into a particular BG. The new one "Eye of the Storm" is supposedly a pain in the butt to do, but fun.

My chars are: 26 Dreani Pally, 8 Dwarf Hunter (Pernolde Server - PvE)
                     62 Undead Priest (Stormreaver Server - PvP)
~ Taladrea

and can I have it?

Offline Perc

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2007, 01:46:32 am »
Quote from: Taladrea
The systems for bosses have drastically changed for the xpac. Especially in heroic runs. Mind you, I have yet to do them since I do not have a level 70 character...but from what I heard its well worth it.

Arenas are set up so then you can go after your same faction or the other faction. PvP in the most hardcore fashion. I have also yet to do this, but from what I hear...its brutal.

Battlegrounds are now multi-realm. Which means you can team up with others of your faction and spank not only the other faction but other realms as well. Its a wonderful thing. Plus, it speeds up the time you have to wait to enter into a particular BG. The new one "Eye of the Storm" is supposedly a pain in the butt to do, but fun.

My chars are: 26 Dreani Pally, 8 Dwarf Hunter (Pernolde Server - PvE)
                     62 Undead Priest (Stormreaver Server - PvP)

my ne was on scilla, the undead on the forgotten coast

Offline Kaiser

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007, 03:42:08 pm »
I was going to get into WoW then I realized my computer didnt have enough RAM. But with all this talk it sounds super confusing so when I get a new comp I might not even play.

Quote from: Emperor Whimsical
Well, Kaiser proved me I was wrong, and then Delta WTFpwned me.

Offline Perc

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2007, 05:42:23 pm »
Quote from: Kaiser
I was going to get into WoW then I realized my computer didnt have enough RAM. But with all this talk it sounds super confusing so when I get a new comp I might not even play.
Probably a good decision.

Offline phoenixrisers

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2007, 08:36:20 pm »
Apprently approximately 0.008 percent of deaths are caused by WOW

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 44 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317