Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: I am extremely offended by American Idol.  (Read 3094 times)

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • Awards Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 4.97" long.
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
I am extremely offended by American Idol.
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2008, 07:36:54 pm »
It's strange. Christians are so heavily persecuted in America. The Founding Fathers of this country used the Bible as the fulcrum for our nations laws and they wanted it to be taught in schools so kids would know where there ethics came from.
Ruling over pie since that one time a couple years ago.

Quote from: Wikipedia Article for Portal
Wolpaw further describes the idea of using cake as the reward came about as "at the beginning of the Portal development process, we sat down as a group to decide what philosopher or school of philosophy our game would be based on. That was followed by about 15 minutes of silence and then someone mentioned that a lot of people like cake."

Offline Joker

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nothingface/
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2008, 08:04:05 pm »
Quote from: pielord47
It's strange. Christians are so heavily persecuted in America. The Founding Fathers of this country used the Bible as the fulcrum for our nations laws and they wanted it to be taught in schools so kids would know where there ethics came from.

Yeah being a majority and having every single president and noteworthy politician and leader in our country's history has really held you back  

I don't know if you realize this but not officially discriminating in Christianity's favor doesn't actually constitute persecution.
Now in NpO. Take that as you will.

Offline enragedlobster

• RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Internal Affairs Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of Great War III Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been a diplomat Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 26 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: goddammit
  • Ruler: certainly not
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2008, 08:16:18 pm »
Fuck Christianity.

That said, while it's extremely biased to have a [fucking] Christian worship song on a public program, it's really not that morally wrong. However, I think that it's an incredibly stupid decision by them. By doing that song, they alienated a fuckton of their audience by showing heavy favor towards one religion. It's not offensive, just close-minded.

(Also, we sang that song in my high school choir and did a better job. [Yes, I went to a Catholic high school.] Those American Idol fuckbags wouldn't know harmony if it came up and slapped them in the face with its dick)
fuck off

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
    • http://flaskbear.newgrounds.com/
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2008, 09:49:29 pm »
Quote from: EnragedLobster
Fuck Christianity.

That said, while it's extremely biased to have a [fucking] Christian worship song on a public program, it's really not that morally wrong. However, I think that it's an incredibly stupid decision by them. By doing that song, they alienated a fuckton of their audience by showing heavy favor towards one religion. It's not offensive, just close-minded.

(Also, we sang that song in my high school choir and did a better job. [Yes, I went to a Catholic high school.] Those American Idol fuckbags wouldn't know harmony if it came up and slapped them in the face with its dick)

You express my point better than I did.

Hyperonic ~ "I finally have enough evidence to prove that Flask is in fact a bear."
Kaiser ~ "This topic is a lie. Flask has thought of everything ever."

Offline IronSoldier820

• TTK Ambassador
  • Cactuar
  • It's My Dick in a Box
    • View Profile
    • The Templar Knights
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2008, 10:14:42 pm »
By doing that song, they alienated a fuckton of their audience by showing heavy favor towards one religion. It's not offensive, just close-minded.
So, let me get this straight, they do one song connected to Christianity and all of a sudden all their favor is placed in it?

I was going to ask if you knew what I thought was close-minded, but I figured that question answered itself.

Quote from: Loren
I could care less if they murdered a town of babies, but if they killed the dog.. <__<

Offline Shamedmonkey

• Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2008, 10:26:04 pm »
OK, let me get this straight...You're offended by something...that doesn't go out of it's way to offend anyone who isn't of Christian faith? FFS, if it bothers you that much, don't watch the show.

I'm an atheist, and I don't care. I preach religious equality as much as anyone, but I'm sure as hell not offended by this. Honestly, it's like you're looking for a reason to be offended. Hell, I am an Atheist and that song doesn't offend me, in fact, I enjoy the song because it has a nice sound, it's promoting peace and harmony, AND IT IS NOT SAYING ANYTHING BAD ABOUT ME.

If they sung a song about Buddhism, I would not be offended, if they sung a song about Judaism I would not be offended, if they sung a song about the Greek Gods I would not be offended. And you sure as hell wouldn't be offended if they sung a song about your respective religion. And you're calling American Idol close minded?

They haven't done ANYTHING offensive at all. They did not say anything but goodwill towards man. And you're calling it offensive.
Just twist your hip and do the dip.

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2008, 11:09:28 pm »
Flask needs to chillax

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • Awards Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2008, 09:06:24 am »
Ok, who's stupider, the guy who believes in a God he can't see or the guy who's offended by the God he doesn't believe in!?

Wolpaw further describes the idea of using cake as the reward came about as "at the beginning of the Portal development process, we sat down as a group to decide what philosopher or school of philosophy our game would be based on. That was followed by about 15 minutes of silence and then someone mentioned that a lot of people like cake."

Offline enragedlobster

• RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Internal Affairs Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of Great War III Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been a diplomat Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 26 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: goddammit
  • Ruler: certainly not
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2008, 10:44:53 am »
Quote from: IronSoldier820
By doing that song, they alienated a fuckton of their audience by showing heavy favor towards one religion. It's not offensive, just close-minded.
So, let me get this straight, they do one song connected to Christianity and all of a sudden all their favor is placed in it?

I was going to ask if you knew what I thought was close-minded, but I figured that question answered itself.
You overestimate the patience of people. A heavily religious Jewish/Buddhist/Hindu/what-have-you family could see that and get offended enough to stop watching the show. From the YouTube video, this seemed like a major song (I really don't know how this whole thing works, I've never watched the show). People don't like seeing things they don't support supported on a public show.
fuck off

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2008, 11:28:10 am »
Quote from: Shamedmonkey
OK, let me get this straight...You're offended by something...that doesn't go out of it's way to offend anyone who isn't of Christian faith? FFS, if it bothers you that much, don't watch the show.

I'm an atheist, and I don't care. I preach religious equality as much as anyone, but I'm sure as hell not offended by this. Honestly, it's like you're looking for a reason to be offended. Hell, I am an Atheist and that song doesn't offend me, in fact, I enjoy the song because it has a nice sound, it's promoting peace and harmony, AND IT IS NOT SAYING ANYTHING BAD ABOUT ME.

If they sung a song about Buddhism, I would not be offended, if they sung a song about Judaism I would not be offended, if they sung a song about the Greek Gods I would not be offended. And you sure as hell wouldn't be offended if they sung a song about your respective religion. And you're calling American Idol close minded?

They haven't done ANYTHING offensive at all. They did not say anything but goodwill towards man. And you're calling it offensive.

I actually would be offended even if they sang a song regarding the jewish god (Not that there are any good songs to sing about judaism) because it's not proper behavior for the most-watched show on television. Plus, I was not inspired at all by the song they sang. It was telling to me to praise a lord that I do not recognize.

Ok, who's stupider, the guy who believes in a God he can't see or the guy who's offended by the God he doesn't believe in!?

I'm not offended by the god I don't believe in, I'm offended by the fact that they alienated me with that god.

Hyperonic ~ "I finally have enough evidence to prove that Flask is in fact a bear."

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2008, 03:04:33 pm »
i feel alienated by your sense of propriety

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline schneereich

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2008, 03:34:35 pm »
rofl you watch american idol.

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2008, 04:50:07 pm »
Quote from: schneereich
rofl you watch american idol.

I generally enjoy the horrible auditions in the beginning, and then my mom makes me spend time watching with her. She thinks I don't spend enough time with her. >_<

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2008, 04:52:47 pm »
Quote from: llamavore
i feel alienated by your sense of propriety

Really? I'm not sure how that even works, but alright. Too bad.

Offline Joker

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nothingface/
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2008, 07:26:59 pm »
Quote from: Flask
I actually would be offended even if they sang a song regarding the jewish god (Not that there are any good songs to sing about judaism) because it's not proper behavior for the most-watched show on television. Plus, I was not inspired at all by the song they sang. It was telling to me to praise a lord that I do not recognize.

Does this mean every song supporting something you don't is offensive to you? What sort of music do you listen to? Name some bands and songs. Since you seem to be such an enlightened person I'm sure you wouldn't be afraid to hammer out your beliefs in debate, no?
Now in NpO. Take that as you will.

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2008, 08:14:17 pm »
Does every song need to inspire you? No, it doesn't. Not every song inspires me. People have preferences to what music they like.

Offline WestWind

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade
  • war boner is 6.26" long.
  • has 9 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Desert Wind
  • Ruler: WestWind
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2008, 12:45:51 am »

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/5959/100kj4.gif

In other news, while I don't like the song, as a non-government owned station they have the right to show what they want.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.257 seconds with 40 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317