Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Thoughts on suicide?  (Read 8154 times)

Offline Azural

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Those who came over in the original wave Has been a Triumvir
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=321379
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2007, 03:51:43 pm »
Quote from: wethepeople
I never said life is all hell without God. God is blessing you Shy. He's not going to cast you to the dogs if you don't believe.

So then, what do you call going to hell because you don't believe in god?
You saved it as index.html so all visitors of the site see is a wonderful letter "i." As fantastic as it is, knowing that today is brought to you by the alphabet, this isn't sesame street...

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 6.25" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Realm of Mpire
  • Ruler: invincible13matt
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2007, 03:56:08 pm »
I will admit, some, if not many, "Christians" carry on quite the charade. Some I would recommend for a career in acting.

Also, I think that you do not want to put your faith in the Lord because you don't understand why he would cause so much death. He would rather not, for he is a God of love. And yet, many choose to overlook the fact that he is also a God of Justice, and he must punish those who do evil. That is why the endtimes will be so bad, because his wrath will be turned on full force. This is nothing.

And just because you leave Christianity doesn't mean your life will go downhill. In fact, it probably would be opposite. Jesus guarantees that those who follow him will suffer, for we follow him and the world hated him first.

Why would God create us? No one can quite know. It's not worth debating, just be thankful he did. It's another one of those things about him that we cannot wrap our tiny minds around. We just don't understand it. Personally, I don't want to understand it. Why? Because that would mean that his intellectual capacity is at our level.
More resilient than Wile E. Coyote.

Third, Fourth Great War Veteran, War of the Coalition Veteran
Lands ravaged, cities in ruins, so many lives sacrificed, and yet there was no other word for it but victory.

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2007, 03:57:37 pm »
Quote from: Azural
I never said life is all hell without God. God is blessing you Shy. He's not going to cast you to the dogs if you don't believe.

Someone once explained it to me like this: "If an unholy man stood in the presence of God without the power of Jesus to protect him from God's holy power, and if the lake of fire was a hundred yards away, the man would run as fast as he possibly could and fling himself into the lake."

Lands ravaged, cities in ruins, so many lives sacrificed, and yet there was no other word for it but victory.

Offline Azural

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Those who came over in the original wave Has been a Triumvir
    • View Profile
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2007, 07:26:58 pm »
Are you telling me that an athiest will go to hell on his own free will?
You saved it as index.html so all visitors of the site see is a wonderful letter "i." As fantastic as it is, knowing that today is brought to you by the alphabet, this isn't sesame street...

Offline Ravaged

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2007, 07:33:06 pm »
that would be a fine wake up call, being sent to a place you don't believe in...

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2007, 08:08:34 pm »
Are you telling me that an athiest will go to hell on his own free will?

EVERYONE goes to hell on their own free will. The Bible says that God's creation declares his very existence. If you don't believe in him, it's not for the lack of his trying.

And yes, that would be quite the wake-up call.

bioakky

Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2007, 08:55:25 pm »
I think you missed the fact that one cannot go to place which does not exist. (Unless by some force of science [note: NOT religion] that we do not yet understand.)

You also missed Ravaged's sarcasm.

wethepeople

Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2007, 09:16:48 pm »

I call that not believing in God? That person going to Hell chose not to live with God all their life. Thats what that is to me.

Offline Azural

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
    • View Profile
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2007, 09:40:54 pm »
But even if someone would (obvously) prefer to go to heaven then hell, if they don't believe in it, they still go to hell.

It's not an option.  People don't make themselves believe something that they don't believe.

It doesn't matter how much you would like to go to heaven, if you can't get yourself to believe in it, then you can't go.

That's got to be one of the most self-centered things that I've ever heard.

'If you don't beleive in me and accept my son as your savior, you're fucked.  I don't care how good of a person you are or what you do in your life.  However, if you murder 50 people in a airport, then accept my son as your savior while you're in prison, you're welcome to come to heaven with me.'

Fuck that.

Offline ace of spades

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave
    • View Profile
    • http://
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2007, 10:06:16 pm »
...wow when did this topic go into a religious debate?

Sorry, RIA... I'm burritos, but i may come back to visit ;)
Use my money wisely RIA!

wethepeople

Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2007, 11:22:48 pm »
Honestly, Azural, you have a completely warped view of salvation. Salvation is for anyone. Jesus died for us, for /all/ our sins. If a man kills 10000 people, pillages 100 villages, and kills his family, then bows his knee to Christ, and accepts him, he is saved. Sin, and redemption. It shows how incredible God is, that he will forgive you, and love you no matter what. His love is unconditional. But if you are too caught up in facts or science or literal proof all your life, and never try to live for him in the first place, you will go to hell. Since you never really cared to find God anyway, see? Thats not his fault, or a problem or a wrong doing for God, its the person's choice. If you're the best person in the world, give money left and right, make peoples lives great, you're not worrying about salvation. You can't be good enough to go to God, except through his son. The fact would most likely be right in front of the guy's face, and he never followed Jesus or applied his love to his already good life.

bioakky

Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2007, 11:57:43 pm »
Let's assume for a moment that God and heaven does exist...but only for a moment.

So if I go and bring the world to perfect utopia (without bringing to fruition my dreams/plans of destroying all religion), and kill no one or commit no "sins," and then die one year later (still "sin"less), I would not deserve to go to heaven?

ox. Shit.

Of course, that would be assuming God or heaven existed...and that assumption is officially over.

wethepeople

Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2007, 12:58:35 am »
You can't not sin, Bio. So really, that doesn't help. If you sin once, we are hopeless. But through Christ, we are saved. What on /earth/ is so hard about that? Have you tried God, have you ever shut up your head about pure facts or second thoughts, and just tried to walk with Jesus? Tried to get to know him?

Offline Shyox

• RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave
  • war boner is 0.26" long.
  • has 29 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Casterly Rock
  • Ruler: leonardothered
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2007, 11:01:27 am »
You can't not sin, Bio. So really, that doesn't help. If you sin once, we are hopeless. But through Christ, we are saved. What on /earth/ is so hard about that? Have you tried God, have you ever shut up your head about pure facts or second thoughts, and just tried to walk with Jesus? Tried to get to know him?

Shut my head, as in attempted to remain ignorant of all rational thoughts and ideas, then no, never tried and never going to.

Honestly, Azural, you have a completely warped view of salvation. Salvation is for anyone. Jesus died for us, for /all/ our sins. If a man kills 10000 people, pillages 100 villages, and kills his family, then bows his knee to Christ, and accepts him, he is saved. Sin, and redemption. It shows how incredible God is, that he will forgive you, and love you no matter what. His love is unconditional. But if you are too caught up in facts or science or literal proof all your life, and never try to live for him in the first place, you will go to hell. Since you never really cared to find God anyway, see? Thats not his fault, or a problem or a wrong doing for God, its the person's choice. If you're the best person in the world, give money left and right, make peoples lives great, you're not worrying about salvation. You can't be good enough to go to God, except through his son. The fact would most likely be right in front of the guy's face, and he never followed Jesus or applied his love to his already good life.

... You just reiterated EXACTLY what he was talking about.
A Lannister always pays his debts

Offline Reoga

• Economics Leadership
  • Funktuar
  • Poke rights not poke fights
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has recruited a member into the RIA Has colonized the Moon! Has been Head of Internal Affairs Has been a diplomat One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War Has donated money for the RIA Veteran of the Equilibrium War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has been Head of Economics Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War
  • war boner is 8.75" long.
  • has 87 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Legion of 2000
  • Ruler: Reoga
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2007, 11:45:20 am »
Bible THUMP
I can swim
Light a fire for a man warm him for a night
Light a man on fire warm him for the rest of his life
First Immortality then the Bitches
my dear psychopath stop raeping them
Wino

bioakky

Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2007, 03:43:48 pm »
I can't walk with and/or get to know a non-existent idea.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 03:44:15 pm by bioakky »

Offline Reoga

• Economics Leadership
  • Funktuar
  • Poke rights not poke fights
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has recruited a member into the RIA Has colonized the Moon! Has been Head of Internal Affairs Has been a diplomat One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War Has donated money for the RIA Veteran of the Equilibrium War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has been Head of Economics Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War
  • war boner is 8.75" long.
  • has 87 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Legion of 2000
  • Ruler: Reoga
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2007, 04:13:58 pm »
yea I just like waching them yell at each other:)
I can swim
Light a fire for a man warm him for a night
Light a man on fire warm him for the rest of his life
First Immortality then the Bitches
my dear psychopath stop raeping them
Wino

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2007, 04:16:48 pm »
you know, I pity all of you who do not believe. I really do. And that's hard for me, because I am a rather sadistic personality. One of my many flaws. But I pity! You who do not believe in God have no hope. After you die, there is nothing but darkness. Eternal darkness. And then, the world will be destroyed and all of your achievements will be for naught. No hope there. Personally, I'll take my hope even if there is no God, because I do not suffer if I am wrong. But if you are wrong... I shudder to think of the pain you will endure.

Azural, "For ALL (emphasis mine) have sinned an fallen short of the glory of God." That means anyone. "For any who is guilty of one is guilty of all." So essentially, you break one commandment, you are guilty of breaking them all. Theoretically, if one man never sinned, never did wrong, perfectly followed all of God's commandments, yes, he would go to Heaven, but it's impossible to not sin. Hence why we need a savior.

"For our acts of righteousness are like filthy rags to the Lord."

bioakky

Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2007, 04:38:02 pm »
invincible...why are you here preaching to us if you're agnostic? -_-

I welcome darkness; in fact, I crave it. I need the sweet release of death. But I'm a wimp, and won't go through with suicide.

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2007, 05:48:50 pm »
I'm not agnostic. What gave you that idea?

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 37 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317