Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: I like someone. There, I said it.  (Read 7663 times)

Offline Delta1212

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards The Disorder War Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of Great War III Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has colonized the Moon! Has donated money for the RIA Has assisted the HoIA in the Internal Affairs dept Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been a Triumvir
  • war boner is 16.44" long.
  • has 107 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Verspasia
  • Ruler: Delta1212
I like someone. There, I said it.
« Reply #140 on: October 04, 2007, 10:52:52 pm »
The worst that happens in that case s the relationship gets totally screwed over by family issues and you wind up more or less where you are now. You might not be better off, but you'll be able to move on with much less difficulty.
It's ok Delta, the mods still love you.  But the forum skin is not a user and we cannot warn it.

<Away_Srqt[PG13]> thanks for satisfying my girlfriend delta
<Away_Srqt[PG13]> I appreciate it

The Truth about Scientology

wethepeople

« Reply #141 on: October 04, 2007, 10:55:36 pm »
That is true. I'd end up a couple rungs below where I am now, but it would make going to a youth group with ten people that much more akward. I don't know, I just don't feel it. I can picture myself doing things I want to do. I cannot picture myself asking someone out out of nowhere. =/ Honestly Delta I don't think its gonna happen. I can't even picture myself too happy if she did says yes, anyway.

Offline Delta1212

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards The Disorder War Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of Great War III Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has colonized the Moon! Has donated money for the RIA Has assisted the HoIA in the Internal Affairs dept Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been a Triumvir
  • has 107 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 04, 2007, 11:03:57 pm »
Quote from: wethepeople
That is true. I'd end up a couple rungs below where I am now, but it would make going to a youth group with ten people that much more akward. I don't know, I just don't feel it. I can picture myself doing things I want to do. I cannot picture myself asking someone out out of nowhere. =/ Honestly Delta I don't think its gonna happen. I can't even picture myself too happy if she did says yes, anyway.

I rarely picture myself as actually being happy if they say yes becuase I get a lot of pent up anxiety about it beforehand, especially if there is some issue. (I've had familial issues as well, though not quite the same degree as this). Guess what. A yes has unfailingly made me happier. It's sort of like when you're bored and don't really want to do anything. If you sit down and make yourself do somehing, you'll like it. Even if you can't picture it, it'll still probably help you out. (Oh, and just the act of asking, rejection or no, makes the next time that much easier. Do it for the practice, if nothing else. It'll help a lot in the long run. You only get so many chances to be young. Might as well learn to ride the bike before you get old enough that training wheels are awkward).
It's ok Delta, the mods still love you.  But the forum skin is not a user and we cannot warn it.

Offline Tulak Hord

• Sparta
  • Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 04, 2007, 11:46:32 pm »
Dude, just go for it. You will gain nothing from just letting it go. You'll spend the rest of your life wondering 'what if' and feeling a hell of a lot worse than you do now. Trust me, I've been there. Quit making excuses and live life to the fullest dude.

Addendum: Do eeeeeeet

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken

Offline schneereich

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #144 on: October 05, 2007, 12:06:42 am »
It IS going to be a no, Delta. Period. If she actually says yes if I ask, which I'm not going to, I would die of a heart attack just cause she said yes. Her only social outlet is church. Her family is mega Christian, she reads the Bible, its all based around God. The music she likes is religious or very conservative. I'm the polar opposite now. =/ My family doesn't like her family. My sisters don't like her at all. Its just.. not worth it. It will explode into a million pieces if I ever /ask/. Trust me Delta, its not worth it.

well, when you put it that way i sympathize with your refusal to ask her. sounds like she shouldn't be allowed to reproduce in the first place. just imagine how awful it would be if you stayed together long enough that you had kids, and she instilled that crap in them. ugh you'd have to eat your own children to protect the world. what the hell am i talking about? w/e update time!

Offline Fortress

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #145 on: October 05, 2007, 12:26:45 am »
I'd still call you a chicken.

Offline IronSoldier820

• TTK Ambassador
  • Cactuar
  • It's My Dick in a Box
    • View Profile
    • The Templar Knights
« Reply #146 on: October 05, 2007, 05:31:25 pm »
Three Points
1.) What your family thinks and what her family thinks has nothing to do with it

2.) Stop being a pansy

3.) Christians are people too, her being Christian does not completely bar her off

<Romeo and Juliet reference here where both families hate each other>
Yes, I'm aware that in the end, both of them died. However, on account of how much a pansy you're being, I want you to die. Then again, I want nearly everyone to die.

Quote from: Loren
I could care less if they murdered a town of babies, but if they killed the dog.. <__<

wethepeople

« Reply #147 on: October 05, 2007, 08:33:00 pm »
1: Yes, it does. For me.

2: I'm not.

3: I'm Christian (I guess.) too, I just don't like extremist Christians like her family.

Offline Delta1212

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 107 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 06, 2007, 11:29:53 am »
1: Yes, it does. For me.

2: I'm not.

3: I'm Christian (I guess.) too, I just don't like extremist Christians like her family.

Bah. I've hated the families of girls I've liked. I've also asked out a girl was was friends with my sister...and a girl my sister thinks is an idiot. Honestly, family, yours and hers, should not be a deciding factor. That will cause you a lot of trouble down the line. ot being religiously active at all when I can help it, I've never really been in a situation where religion has affected my life in this particular way. Like you said, however, as long as everything else was fine, I wouldn't let it put me off. Everyone has flaws, and you'll be hard pressed to find someone without a quirky family. You've just ad the bad luck to wind up being a recovering alcoholic who likes the a girl whose family thinks Happy Hour is when you're awake. Just remember that you aren't asking out the family, and bring along a coke for yourself whenever you have to visit them.

Offline Lanna

• Ministress of Secks
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Military Operations
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
    • http://realbigcheese.livejournal.com/
« Reply #149 on: October 06, 2007, 06:01:46 pm »
I'm sure you've gotten plenty of advice from others, but no way in hell I'm gonna look over 8 pages... but here's what I gotta say, and this is to basically everyone who's in a situation like yours:

If you like someone and don't tell them, why do you like them?  Don't you want to make them feel special?  Isn't the point of liking someone is so you can share happiness with them?  Seriously, whether or not she likes you back, you'd feel a lot better knowing it then not... and be able to open your heart to other people/things as well.  Don't dwell on something too long.  It's not good for your health.

EDIT: I saw some bits of posts from others and all I gotta say is... don't make silly excuses.  SERIOUSLY!!!  If you like her, disregarding all your weirdo excuses, go ask her out.  If your excuses are THAT important then you're better off not thinking about this girl.  Another thing to keep in mind is, if you like someone, you should be able to accept her and the people/things around her.  You don't have to like them, only respect them.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 06:16:28 pm by Tala Lang »
Lebanese Proverb: Lower your voice and strengthen your argument.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 37 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317