Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: HAHAHA  (Read 1359 times)

Offline Crunka

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 4.32" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/thecolourofmusic
HAHAHA
« on: December 04, 2007, 02:37:20 am »

(CNN) -- A Missouri prosecutor said Monday no charges would be sought in the case of a teen who hanged herself last year after chatting on MySpace, although he said adults should have prevented the tragedy.

Megan Meier, shown in an undated photo, killed herself after receving a critical message on MySpace.

Megan Meier, 13, killed herself after receiving a critical message on the MySpace social networking site from someone she thought was a boy named "Josh."

St. Charles County, Missouri, Prosecuting Attorney Jack Banas said an 18-year-old woman posed as "Josh" on MySpace to find out what Megan was saying about a neighbor's daughter.

The message said Megan was "mean" to her friends, Banas said. Video Watch Megan's parents describe the tragedy

"There is no way that anybody could know that talking to someone or saying that you're mean to your friends on the Internet would create a substantial risk," Banas said. "It certainly created a potential risk and, unfortunately for the Meiers, that potential became reality. But under the law we just couldn't show that."

But Banas said that conclusion doesn't mean no one is to blame. "Regardless of what we can charge or what we can't charge, there is no question the adults should have said something to stop this," he said. Video Watch Megan's mother react to the prosecutor's decision »
Don't Miss

* Cyberoxying a growing concern
    * Parents say fake online friend led to girl's suicide

Asked whether he is satisfied with laws pertaining to the case, Banas said, "The bottom line is there are some -- I think -- loopholes that I think need to be cleaned up."

The prosecutor said his inability to file charges does not mean those involved in the suicide will go unpunished.

"The loss of a life of a person that they once talked to as a friend, I'm sure, is just twisting them all up inside," Banas said.

Over several weeks, many of the exchanges on MySpace concerned innocuous topics such as what sports they liked, Banas said.

But on October 15, 2006, "another teenage young lady" was given the password to the "Josh" account, Banas said. She reportedly sent Megan a message saying she had heard the girl was "mean to your friends" and adding, "I don't know if I want to be your friend anymore."

Banas said that Megan responded, "Who's saying this? Who's saying I'm mean?"

The next day, the 18-year-old woman -- who was working for a neighbor of Megan's -- used the account to send messages to Megan. Megan asked "Josh" why the messages were nice a day after they were unkind, Banas said.

The 18-year-old woman then reviewed the history of the earlier messages, including Megan's request about who had accused her of not being nice to her friends, he said.

The woman then "fired a statement back to Megan saying, 'I'm not going to tell you who told me that, I don't do that, I don't tell on my friends,' " Banas said.

Megan responded with a message expressing anger and calling "Josh" "a few names," according to Banas.

"Josh" then sent a statement that included something to the effect of "this world would be a better place without you," Banas said. Accounts differ as to who was with the 18-year-old during the typing of the messages, he said.

When Megan's mother returned home, she found her daughter crying at the computer. After reading the messages, she criticized her daughter for using inappropriate language, Banas said.

Telling her mom that "I can't believe you're not on my side," Megan ran upstairs and hanged herself, Banas said.

Missouri's harassment statute says nothing about the Internet, and the stalking statute requires repeated conversations, so neither would apply in this case, Banas said.

The purpose of the neighbor who arranged for the "Josh" character "was never to cause her emotional harassment that we can prove," Banas said. Any case would be based on "what we can prove and what a jury would believe."

----

HAHAHA

comment
"it's better to live one day as a lion[/size] than a thousand years as a lamb"
[/i]

check out my flickr!
check out my band: The Color of Music
check out my cock

Offline Queue1

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Has colonized the Moon! Has been a diplomat
  • war boner is 8.59" long.
  • has 18 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Starkenberg
  • Ruler: Queue1
HAHAHA
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 02:59:53 am »
I'd just like to know what part of this you find humorous

Offline enragedlobster

• RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Internal Affairs Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry One year of Random Insanity Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Unjust War Has donated money for the RIA Has been a diplomat Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 26 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: goddammit
  • Ruler: certainly not
HAHAHA
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 08:12:19 am »
XD

Worthless people are worthless.
fuck off

Offline vgmmaster

• Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://
HAHAHA
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 08:21:59 am »
I remember hearing from somebody that some kid hanged themselves because of a neighbor's parent trying to find some info. Such a shame, really.

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
HAHAHA
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 08:44:04 am »
sad that she killed herself. if the parents blame myspace, though, that part would be funny.

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline zblewski

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 9.2" long.
  • has 34 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Nowi Kaszuby
  • Ruler: Zblewski
HAHAHA
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 08:58:11 am »
as the RIA /b/-tard...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Nowi Kaszuby | Leader: Zblewski | CAPTAIN PLANET (Feb.-Aug. 2009) | Nations Anarchied For the RIA: 8

Quote from: Hyperonic
I just love unplugging that sum bitch just to watch y'all squeal.

Offline Commisar Gaunt

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
HAHAHA
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 11:09:16 am »
Ran upstairs and HUNG herself.

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
    • http://flaskbear.newgrounds.com/
HAHAHA
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 01:44:47 pm »
Megan's mom should be shot.

Hyperonic ~ "I finally have enough evidence to prove that Flask is in fact a bear."
Kaiser ~ "This topic is a lie. Flask has thought of everything ever."

Offline ZPO4O

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Three years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 1" long.
  • has 9 llamas
    • View Profile
HAHAHA
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 01:50:31 pm »
Oh shit!
I'm mean to people online!!!

<_<

I should watch out for anyone named "josh"
Zpilot21: if i get a call from you, im gonna murder your dog
Zpilot21: >_>
Moth: Zeep, no!
---
Zeep: you hate my dog so much, you hate it into non-existance!
Moth: :D
---
Zpilot21: im sorry!
Moth: That's intolerable! You're being put on the RIA's perma-ZI list!
Zpilot21: ;_;
---
Quote from: Leo
okay?
---
***This spot is my tribute to Flask***
**Dont tell him he has a tribute from me though**

Offline schneereich

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
HAHAHA
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 01:58:20 pm »
Quote from: Commisar Gaunt
Ran upstairs and HUNG herself.

NONONONNONONONONONO
WHY CAN'T PEOPLE GET THIS RIGHT?
"hanged" is the correct past tense of the verb "hang" when it refers to the method of killing someone.

the girl must have been severely screwed up to hang herself over a "mean" myspace message. blaming the 18 year old would be ridiculous. btw, ever notice how 18-22 year olds are referred to as "men" or "women" when the news wants to blame them, but they are "boys" or "girls" when they are the victims?

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
    • View Profile
HAHAHA
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 02:58:31 pm »
no she just got pwnd
that is all

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Flask)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Flask)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]"Former HoFA, Remember? Back When Moth Was Good At Government. When The Crops Were Healthy And The Birds Sang. The Birds Don't Sing Any moar. Moth Had The Birds Executed By Firing Squad The Day Of His Election To Triumvirate. Now The Crops Are Dead. Sucks."[/quote]

Offline IronSoldier820

• TTK Ambassador
  • Cactuar
  • It's My Dick in a Box
    • View Profile
    • The Templar Knights
HAHAHA
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 09:46:20 pm »
I heard about this at school...

If anyone knows about Josh from ONOS. Also known as Mesa and Hirve, he talks to Loren a lot and is quite emo. For a second I thought that perhaps the story was referring to him, and I got worried that Loren actually hung herself.

Quote from: Loren
I could care less if they murdered a town of babies, but if they killed the dog.. <__<

Offline Crunka

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 4.32" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/thecolourofmusic
HAHAHA
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2007, 10:09:48 pm »
i literally laughed out loud.

this is almost as bad as the kid that hanged himself when he lost his iPod.

megan...you're an hero.
"it's better to live one day as a lion[/size] than a thousand years as a lamb"
[/i]

check out my flickr!
check out my band: The Color of Music
check out my cock

Offline schneereich

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
HAHAHA
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 10:47:37 am »
sorry i yelled at you gaunt. i hadn't yet drunk coffee at the time.

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
HAHAHA
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2007, 11:04:34 am »
Quote from: IronSoldier820

If anyone knows about Josh from ONOS. Also known as Mesa and Hirve, he talks to Loren a lot and is quite emo. For a second I thought that perhaps the story was referring to him, and I got worried that Loren actually hung herself.

loren's a girl?

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline —-

• Cuba
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 7 llamas
    • View Profile
HAHAHA
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2007, 09:55:31 pm »
Quote from: IronSoldier820

I'd have to make a huge thread before I did that. And I miss Josh...

Quote from: llamavore
loren's a girl?

Yeah, I'm a girl.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 09:56:25 pm by Loren »

Offline Grand Poobah Marx

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Economics Three years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Recruitment Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 5.89" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: North Place
  • Ruler: Grand Poobah Marx
HAHAHA
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007, 10:21:52 pm »
Srsly, the girl clearly already had a problem if she would kill herself over that.
Master Raider

[span style="color:#48D1CC"]cave laborem[/span]

Quote from: llamavore
I say listen to the gay jew.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 42 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317