Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: What's your screen resolution?  (Read 1854 times)

Offline Secundo

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theredline.org
What's your screen resolution?
« on: December 15, 2007, 10:26:19 am »
What's your screen resolution? Also, do you browse in full screen? I know I used to until I switched over to a widescreen format, 1440x900.

And if you want to know why, it's just for a new website I'm designing for, and this forum hits the target audience I'm aiming for. Thank you!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 10:26:43 am by Secundo »

Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!

Quote from: DrunkWino
Damn, that's about as close as I've ever seen Ambassador Light get to tell somebody to go fuck themselves.

Offline evil greg guy

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Was elected to be Captain Planet
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 10:28:30 am »
i.dont.kmow
all i know is that it is very, VERY shitty
"That makes me angry, and when Dr. Evil gets angry, Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset. And when Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset....people DIE!!!"
                                         - Dr. Evil

Offline Secundo

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 10:35:35 am »
If your on a windows right click on the desktop -> Properties (Personalize) -> Then the Display Settings Tab (Display Settings)

That'll tell you what your resolution is, and potentially adjust it.

Damn, that's about as close as I've ever seen Ambassador Light get to tell somebody to go fuck themselves.

Offline vgmmaster

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 12:51:00 pm »
1024x768, Fullscreen.

Offline Kaiser

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 01:09:21 pm »
No idea.

Quote from: Emperor Whimsical
Well, Kaiser proved me I was wrong, and then Delta WTFpwned me.

Offline Untelligent

• Wandered out west to the California coast where the folks who know 'bout Frostiness stay Frostiest the most
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • Awards Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has colonized Mars!
  • war boner is 19.75" long.
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: zoqfoqpiksting
  • Ruler: Untelligent
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 07:55:09 pm »
1280x800

We all live in a yellow submarine, we hate the stupid thing, we want to paint it green

Quote from: Hyperonic
I'm going to code some shit into these boards that stops you guys from posting because holy shit

Stay Frosty.

llama, don't say intelligent things.
This.

What the fuck llama.

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2007, 10:17:44 pm »
lack of 1440X900 fails

but i do have 1440X900
full if im not doing much but i do have trilling set to take the right 1.5" if i open it

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Flask)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Flask)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]"Former HoFA, Remember? Back When Moth Was Good At Government. When The Crops Were Healthy And The Birds Sang. The Birds Don't Sing Any moar. Moth Had The Birds Executed By Firing Squad The Day Of His Election To Triumvirate. Now The Crops Are Dead. Sucks."[/quote]

wethepeople

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 12:42:46 am »
1680*1050

Hell yeah.

Offline Secundo

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007, 07:43:39 am »
Quote from: Vector
lack of 1440X900 fails

but i do have 1440X900
full if im not doing much but i do have trilling set to take the right 1.5" if i open it

That's what I have, didn't think it was too common, but yeah, I love the monitor. Also, what is up with the widescreen users that browse in full screen? Do you enjoy white space?

Anywho, thanks for the replies so far, exactly what I was looking for.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 07:44:04 am by Secundo »

Offline Lord Doom

• Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Foshizzle
  • Ruler: Lord_Doom
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 01:47:02 pm »
i have 1024 x 768 and fullscreen

Chillaxin
Quote from: Moth
Derpa derpa de durr!
<Damen> Moth doesn't mate. thus has no use for a Moth mating cry

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • The Taste of Jeff Goldblum
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of Great War III Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 9.5" long.
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2007, 03:07:48 pm »
2560 x 1024 base right here

Offline Secundo

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2007, 03:21:37 pm »
2560 x 1024 base right here

Oh jeeze... You'd probably be the fourth one that doesn't browse in fullscreen then >.<

I'm assuming it's a double screen then? jeeze kenny, bit overkill eh?

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of Great War III Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2007, 03:25:20 pm »
To me, there is no such thing as overkill when it comes to screen resolution. I'm actually thinking of getting a third monitor. >_>

Some people have faster video cards or faster processors...I have tons of Desktop space.

This is how my Windows desktop used to look. The wallpaper? I took that picture. Because of the resolution, I usually can't find any good wallpaper for that resolution so I have to take my own pictures.

Oh, and, no, technically, I do not surf the web in full screen, however, my web browser typically has it's own monitor to itself. So, you can assume I surf the web in 1280 x 1024.

Edit: And, Secundo. You need dual monitors. You would love it. I know you would.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 03:31:33 pm by Hyperonic »

Offline crazyisraelie

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Three years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Recruitment One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been a Foreign Affairs director Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 5.4" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Kingdom of Zion
  • Ruler: crazyisraelie
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2007, 03:33:32 pm »
Same as Kenny, but I have Internet on one screen and flat screen monitors.

Yes I am a self righteous asshole. Deal with it.

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2007, 04:35:58 pm »
Quote from: Secundo
Quote from: Vector
lack of 1440X900 fails

but i do have 1440X900

That's what I have, didn't think it was too common, but yeah, I love the monitor. Also, what is up with the widescreen users that browse in full screen? Do you enjoy white space?

Anywho, thanks for the replies so far, exactly what I was looking for.

I worked with IE a bit and found a nice program
it sets up the page different for those it can
no white space, just a shorter page

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Flask)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Flask)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]"Former HoFA, Remember? Back When Moth Was Good At Government. When The Crops Were Healthy And The Birds Sang. The Birds Don't Sing Any moar. Moth Had The Birds Executed By Firing Squad The Day Of His Election To Triumvirate. Now The Crops Are Dead. Sucks."[/quote]

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2007, 04:37:56 pm »
To me, there is no such thing as overkill when it comes to screen resolution. I'm actually thinking of getting a third monitor. >_>

Some people have faster video cards or faster processors...I have tons of Desktop space.

This is how my Windows desktop used to look. The wallpaper? I took that picture. Because of the resolution, I usually can't find any good wallpaper for that resolution so I have to take my own pictures.

Oh, and, no, technically, I do not surf the web in full screen, however, my web browser typically has it's own monitor to itself. So, you can assume I surf the web in 1280 x 1024.

Edit: And, Secundo. You need dual monitors. You would love it. I know you would.

im thinking of doing 3 also
i have 3 ports, and i have 3 monitors but 2 of them are tubes, and the other is a super flat hd so not sure if i want to mix that

Offline Lord Doom

• Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Foshizzle
  • Ruler: Lord_Doom
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2007, 06:58:08 pm »

Chillaxin
Quote from: Moth
Derpa derpa de durr!
<Damen> Moth doesn't mate. thus has no use for a Moth mating cry

Offline Secundo

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2007, 07:12:59 pm »
Wow Kenny, that's a nice setup. I've wanted a dual screen for a while now, but I've never quite gotten over the hump. I've switched back a desktop all but a month ago, and dual screen laptops haven't hit mainstream yet...

But all in all, I'm jealous

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2007, 07:24:56 pm »
You could plug a monitor in the back of most laptops, usually. It should work with a dual monitor setup. I remember using mine to hook up to a video projector once. I could do work on my laptop and have a video file playing on the projector screen. Essentially, that was dual desktops...one was just on the wall.

Offline Secundo

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2007, 08:51:08 pm »
Well... that would kinda of eliminate the point of the portability aspect of a laptop, if you had to lug around another massive screen.

But I get your point ; )

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 44 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317