Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Who plays guitar?  (Read 2058 times)

Offline Shyox

• RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave
  • war boner is 0.26" long.
  • has 29 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Casterly Rock
  • Ruler: leonardothered
Who plays guitar?
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2007, 11:26:49 pm »
Quote from: Crunka
the whole goddamn world are GEETARDS, that's why i play bass.

guitars sound like 13 year old american boy/girls.

bass is mellow and chillax.

and if you dare say "UR A PHAIL'D GEETARST" i will kill you because i know how to play it above average-level.

Bring on the funk, I say.

Anyone can play bass, but it takes someone really good to make it worth listening to, like the chili pepper's stuff.
A Lannister always pays his debts

Offline Guaikia

• Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://
Who plays guitar?
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2007, 11:31:09 pm »
is it easy or average for one to ever learn guitar?

it kinda cool to learn but seeing how hard my friends are learning make me have the mindset its hard:(

Offline Shyox

• RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave
  • war boner is 0.26" long.
  • has 29 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Casterly Rock
  • Ruler: leonardothered
Who plays guitar?
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2007, 11:38:05 pm »
Quote from: Guaikia
is it easy or average for one to ever learn guitar?

it kinda cool to learn but seeing how hard my friends are learning make me have the mindset its hard:(

It depends on how musically talented you are. Some people are just learning to to be cool, and fit in with the whole music scene.

You really have to like the sound of the guitar, you need to love it. It needs passionate devotion for you to be good.

For example, I LOVE the sound of fingerpicked acoustic guitar. It's like an audio orgasm. No joke. Blackbird makes my wee myself.
A Lannister always pays his debts

wethepeople

Who plays guitar?
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2007, 12:08:44 am »
Jazz=Easy. Very easy. Soft Rock/Normal rock=Depends on your skill and attention level, and just you.

Metal however is one of the hardest things to play, period. Shredding is not as easy as it sounds.

Offline —-

• Cuba
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 7 llamas
    • View Profile
Who plays guitar?
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2007, 04:30:07 pm »
Quote from: zombie2000
I play both acoustic and electric.

You.. <__< You so don't count, just get out of here Mr-I-can-play-Jimmy-Page-songs >__>

Offline Crunka

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 4.32" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/thecolourofmusic
Who plays guitar?
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2007, 03:33:54 am »
Quote from: wethepeople
Jazz=Easy. Very easy. Soft Rock/Normal rock=Depends on your skill and attention level, and just you.

Metal however is one of the hardest things to play, period. Shredding is not as easy as it sounds.

"HA HA!"

THAT'S ME, LAUGHING AT YOUR OPINION!

jazz is waaaaaaay harder than rock and metal. trust me, any wanker can play a simple chord progression for chorus and arpeggios for verses, and metal, while it's pretty hard to shred (or learn to play fast, for a beginner that is,), it's (in my opinion) shit. all they ever do is go up and down the blues/major pentatonic scale, just really fast. jazz needs to have rhythm, melody, odd time signatures, stylish solos, etc. however, jazz can be a lot like metal, sometimes even they do the same. finally, must i remind all of you where rock, and eventually metal, came from?
"it's better to live one day as a lion[/size] than a thousand years as a lamb"
[/i]

check out my flickr!
check out my band: The Color of Music
check out my cock

Offline 1ofkind

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
Who plays guitar?
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2007, 02:30:21 pm »
Anyone that knows anything about rock n roll knows that for a band to be great you need jazz players in it.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 02:30:53 pm by 1ofkind »
Muay Thai - Strength Training - Battle Rifles - (ex) Paintball Professional - C&C:RA2 - COD4:MW - My Nation

Offline IronSoldier820

• TTK Ambassador
  • Cactuar
  • It's My Dick in a Box
    • View Profile
    • The Templar Knights
Who plays guitar?
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2007, 06:18:42 pm »
Kansas has a guy that plays the violin the normal way, can play it with its fingers to make it sound like congo drums, and then sometimes he'll switch to a guitar for solos. I swear all of their members play at least two instruments. Their lead guy used to look like Will Ferrel as Gene in the Cowbell Skit, he even played the Tambourine at one point. I was disappointed when he did not bust out a Cowbell.

Quote from: Loren
I could care less if they murdered a town of babies, but if they killed the dog.. <__<

Offline skaboom

• Cactus
    • View Profile
Who plays guitar?
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2007, 10:00:51 am »
I'm pretty good at bass guitar. I can't pull off any RHCP or Primus type songs, but I can play slap style and do decent improvisation.

I've had an acoustic guitar for about 4 years and haven't progressed very far beyond "Brain Stew" and "All the Small Things", lulz.
Leaning close to my little record player on the floor, so this is what the volume knob is for.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 35 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317