Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Just saw Indiana Jones  (Read 3087 times)

Offline Adolf Von Sippycup

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
Just saw Indiana Jones
« on: May 22, 2008, 04:37:45 am »
@ Midnight. One thing: Beware the fucking Peruvian Ninja Skeletons.
In a perfect world the mentally handicapped will lead the blind.

Offline Drop Your Pants

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Stop staring at the bugs
  • Awards Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition
  • war boner is 1.39" long.
    • View Profile
Just saw Indiana Jones
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 09:45:23 am »
I'mgoing to see it on Sat, don'tmind if its spoiled....more time with the girlfriend

Offline Preventer Wind

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
Just saw Indiana Jones
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 11:50:31 am »
so 1-10 how was it
Enemies you threaten make armies.
Enemies you destroy make graves.
Shinsei says "Forgive and forget."
 Why? So you can fool me again?
I have Rick rolled 4

Offline iron snake

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
Just saw Indiana Jones
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 12:14:07 pm »
I havn't seen any of the Indiana Jones movies are they any good?

Offline Preventer Wind

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
Just saw Indiana Jones
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 12:25:25 pm »
the old ones are good I would say 8/10
I have Rick rolled 4

Offline Shadow

• The Ultimate Lifeform
  • Lord Cactuar
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Six years of Random Insanity RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of Great War III Has been Head of Internal Affairs Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Karma War Has colonized the Moon! Has recruited a member into the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet Has donated money for the RIA Has been a diplomat Has been a Triumvir
  • war boner is 19.21" long.
  • has 393 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: The Cheeselands
  • Ruler: ShadowDragon
Just saw Indiana Jones
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 02:39:59 pm »
I'm probably seeing it tomorrow.
Old Forum's Profile: Joined - 25-July 06, Member Number - 21

~ShadowDragon777
The Cheeselands (My Nation)

Offline Preventer Wind

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
Just saw Indiana Jones
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 01:51:24 am »
went today 7/10 -3 for plot
I have Rick rolled 4

Offline Kaiser

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
    • View Profile
Just saw Indiana Jones
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 05:57:22 pm »
6.5/10

Wasn't as good as the old ones.

Quote from: Emperor Whimsical
Well, Kaiser proved me I was wrong, and then Delta WTFpwned me.

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • Awards Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Dave War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War One year of Random Insanity Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
  • war boner is 6.76" long.
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Pterrydactyl
  • Ruler: Pterrydactyl
Just saw Indiana Jones
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 05:59:34 pm »
7/10  Not as good as old ones, but still good.

Just ignore the whole alien-space thing and it's about 50 times better.

Also: RUSSIANS!

BTW< iron snake, SHRINK YOUR FUCKING SIG.  It's way to big...
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's stop calling it trolling
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's call it what it really is, okay?
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Art

Quote from: Leo
Some days I think Mia is totally wrong and that I am completely normal. Today is one of those days.

Quote from: Dontasemebro
I just got off the phone with my ex and I know that no females are reasonable

Quote from: Abe Simpson
Leo
I think you are the most annoying poster on this site, honestly.
You are like two llamavores with twice as many animals fucking.
Your posts make me reconsider how long I've been here.
I honestly wonder if you are actually Chris Tucker.

Offline Mr_Cynic

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex
  • war boner is 2.87" long.
  • has 70 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Mostly
  • Ruler: MrCynic
Just saw Indiana Jones
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 09:56:57 pm »
I loved it.  I'd say 9/10.  I liked the plot.  >_>
Quote from: Crunka
I like cats too. Let's exchange recipes.
Quote from: Flask
SPITE THE ROCK!
Quote from: Elijah S Konderwink
....I fucking hate you.
<Moldavi> lol

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
Just saw Indiana Jones
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 04:36:56 am »
Quote from: Mr_Cynic
I loved it.  I'd say 9/10.  I liked the plot.  >_>
I agree. It could always have been worse. Besides, it's not like Spielberg and Lucas wanted to make it with Aliens. Paramount wouldn't let them do any of their really good scripts because of the religious stuff. If you want to blame someone for the plot, blame Paramount.

Offline the infamous

• Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://soundclick.com/jimmykent
Just saw Indiana Jones
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 05:49:51 am »
But Indy is not about aliens. It can do the supernatural, with Raiders and Last Crusade - religious stuff is fine. But alines? Fuck right off. It's a good film when they're not jabbering about aliens, could even have been an 8, but the silliness of it and the inappropriateness for an Indiana Jones adventure (which is sort of supposed to keep its feet on the ground) loses it a lot of appeal.
You match your friends to your principles, not your principles to your friends.

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
Just saw Indiana Jones
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2008, 11:39:40 pm »
Quote from: the infamous
But Indy is not about aliens. It can do the supernatural, with Raiders and Last Crusade - religious stuff is fine. But alines? Fuck right off. It's a good film when they're not jabbering about aliens, could even have been an 8, but the silliness of it and the inappropriateness for an Indiana Jones adventure (which is sort of supposed to keep its feet on the ground) loses it a lot of appeal.
Apparently someone can't read. PARAMOUNT WOULDN'T LET THEM DO RELIGION! WITHOUT PARAMOUNT, THERE WOULDN'T EVEN BE AN INDIANA JONES. THE WRITER DID THE BEST HE COULD WITHOUT DOING SOMETHING RELIGIOUS.

Besides, at least the Crystal Skull thing is believable since they ACTUALLY exist, since there have been numerous cases of paranormal activity with them and since most people believe they were made by aliens due to the fact (like the explained in the movie) in order for the skulls to be made of crystal like that would take highly advanced machinery.

What else could they do? "Indiana Jones and the Ghost in the Hospital", "Indiana Jones fights Dracula!", "Indiana Jones fights the Marshmellow man with the Ghostbusters!"

Offline evil greg guy

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Was elected to be Captain Planet
    • View Profile
Just saw Indiana Jones
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 12:39:49 am »
Id actually pay to see him fight the marshmallow man
"That makes me angry, and when Dr. Evil gets angry, Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset. And when Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset....people DIE!!!"
                                         - Dr. Evil

Offline the infamous

• Cactus
    • View Profile
Just saw Indiana Jones
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2008, 02:48:43 am »
Quote from: Adolf Von Sippycup
Apparently someone can't read.
>_> Mature. So anyone who disagrees with you must not have read your reply. The very fact that I put "But" at the start of my sentence implies it is a rebuttal, rather than blindly restating my opinion.

PARAMOUNT WOULDN'T LET THEM DO RELIGION! WITHOUT PARAMOUNT, THERE WOULDN'T EVEN BE AN INDIANA JONES. THE WRITER DID THE BEST HE COULD WITHOUT DOING SOMETHING RELIGIOUS.

I disagree entirely. Better to leave the supernatural out of it entirely than have it about aliens. It just doesn't fit with the franchise. I have nothing against alien stuff - I have seen every episode of X-Files. But, for me, Indy always kept itself sort of grounded, even when it was doing the religious stuff. Not only that, but the aliens were so trite and cliche.

Besides, at least the Crystal Skull thing is believable since they ACTUALLY exist, since there have been numerous cases of paranormal activity with them and since most people believe they were made by aliens due to the fact (like the explained in the movie) in order for the skulls to be made of crystal like that would take highly advanced machinery.

Except that they have all just been rubbished. People are idiots, they believe a lot of things.

What else could they do? "Indiana Jones and the Ghost in the Hospital", "Indiana Jones fights Dracula!", "Indiana Jones fights the Marshmellow man with the Ghostbusters!"

They could easily have done the undead (The Mummy and its sequels are excellent examples), or any sort of curse scenario (like Final Destination), or even a natural other species, like lizard men or troglodytes. Your reductio ad absurdum is no way to win an argument. The fact is it was totally unnecessary to have aliens in the first place, and it was also poorly handled.

Offline iron snake

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
Just saw Indiana Jones
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2008, 07:16:49 am »
This movie is further proof Spielberg just can't make decent movies any more I mean aliens what the hell.

Offline Drop Your Pants

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Stop staring at the bugs
  • Awards Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition
  • war boner is 1.39" long.
    • View Profile
Just saw Indiana Jones
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2008, 11:07:41 am »
6/10, was ok and some bits were fun to watch but the plot sucked ass......i would have fallen asleep if my girlfriend hadn't kept waking me up

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the War of the Coalition
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
Just saw Indiana Jones
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2008, 07:01:37 pm »
this is clearly preparation for when jones discovers the great great great great grand archetype of the millenium falcon (docked in underwater antlantean pyramids) and the story of how he and his future lineage of clones, planted and maintained by a supernatural time travelling shadow society, become fated to pilot them.

right?

because otherwise there will be no disguising lucas' ineptitude. he had to have made the star wars prequels suck on Purpose!

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
Just saw Indiana Jones
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2008, 10:28:11 pm »
Quote from: the infamous
They could easily have done the undead (The Mummy and its sequels are excellent examples), or any sort of curse scenario (like Final Destination), or even a natural other species, like lizard men or troglodytes. Your reductio ad absurdum is no way to win an argument. The fact is it was totally unnecessary to have aliens in the first place, and it was also poorly handled.
Oh I'm sorry that they actually did something that's REAL. You don't know anything do you? About the Crystal Skulls in real life? Yeah, they exist. Yeah, most people believe they were made by aliens. I swear to god, if they did lizard men, I'd kill myself.

And stop blaming Speilberg and Lucas. Jesus Christ, you people no NOTHING about this movie do you? Speilberg and Lucas didn't WRITE it. Lucas created Indiana Jones, that's all. Speilberg directed it, that's all. The plot is because of the WRITER which was NEITHER OF THEM.

Learn some facts about real life and the movie before trying to debate this with me.

Bottom Line: Pissed off about the plot? Bitch at Paramount for not letting the Speilberg use the scripts he wanted to because they were religious. Don't bitch at Speilberg and don't bitch at Lucas. Lucas had nothing to do with this movie besides the fact he created Indiana Jones.

Also, stop trying to compare it to Raiders of the Last Crusade. It was NEVER going to be as good as those. The entire movie was actually very interesting, once again because I know quite a bit about the Crystal Skulls and the legends behind them, but I guess some uneducated people just wouldn't get it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 10:33:31 pm by Adolf Von Sippycup »

Offline the infamous

• Cactus
    • View Profile
Just saw Indiana Jones
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 06:04:03 am »
I'm not entirely sure why I'm continuing this debate - I certainly have better things to do, and you've shown yourself to have the language comprehension and attitude of a 5 year old, addressing almost none of my points, ignoring facts that don't agree with your ill-conceived opinions, and resorting to ad hominem attacks (that means insulting your opposition, by the way). But I feel like carrying on because I'm sort of hoping there's a chance you might actually wake up and debate like an adult.

Oh I'm sorry that they actually did something that's REAL. You don't know anything do you? About the Crystal Skulls in real life? Yeah, they exist. Yeah, most people believe they were made by aliens. I swear to god, if they did lizard men, I'd kill myself.

You have blatantly ignored the link I posted, which proves that 1) I knew they existed, 2) I knew most people thought they were made by aliens, and 3) they have almost categorically been proven to be fake. If you're going to refuse to acknowledge counterargument, this debate won't go anywhere. Also, ad hominems aside, just because it's real doesn't make it better. Plausibility is the important thing, and it wasn't plausible, no matter how many people are idiots in real life.

And stop blaming Speilberg and Lucas. Jesus Christ, you people no NOTHING about this movie do you? Speilberg and Lucas didn't WRITE it. Lucas created Indiana Jones, that's all. Speilberg directed it, that's all. The plot is because of the WRITER which was NEITHER OF THEM.

Ignoring further ridiculous claims (obviously anyone who has seen the movie knows about it - oh, and that's know with a k, not "no"), it is again largely irrelevant whether they wrote it or not. They saw the script before they agreed to make the film. They didn't have to make the film. They didn't have to agree to the script. If I go to a restaurant, and everything on the menu is shit, I'm not obliged to stay and eat, even if I pick something which is the best of a band bunch. I am perfectly within my rights to leave. By continuing their involvement, both Spielberg and Lucas have explicitly given their approval of this film, even if it's not necessarily the one they wanted to make. They might not have written it, but they failed to realise it was shit.

Learn some facts about real life and the movie before trying to debate this with me.

Again, are you 5 years old? I realise that in turn could ironically be taken as an ad hominem, but it really stems from a disbelief that you're anything approaching a mature age, because mature people don't debate like you.

Bottom Line: Pissed off about the plot? Bitch at Paramount for not letting the Speilberg use the scripts he wanted to because they were religious. Don't bitch at Speilberg and don't bitch at Lucas. Lucas had nothing to do with this movie besides the fact he created Indiana Jones.

Just because Paramount are at fault doesn't mean Spielberg and Lucas aren't. See above, re: approval. Furthermore, either or both of them could probably have stopped the film from happening had they wanted to. That they didn't, and that Spielberg, IIRC, was the driving force behind the creation of a 4th film, means they are just as much to blame.

Also, stop trying to compare it to Raiders of the Last Crusade. It was NEVER going to be as good as those. The entire movie was actually very interesting, once again because I know quite a bit about the Crystal Skulls and the legends behind them, but I guess some uneducated people just wouldn't get it.

A few points here. Firstly, it is possibly the most laughable and simultaneously childish/insulting ad hominem of all that you would call me uneducated. I'm at one of the top 5 universities in the UK (one of the top 20 in the world), having been to one of the top 5 schools in the UK. I have a lifetime subscription to New Scientist, I have a collection of interesting BBC articles stretching back some time, I read quite a lot. Granted I didn't know much about the skulls before I saw the film, but I read up on them afterwards. Regardless, this is not an e-peen swinging contest. If you'd care to grow up a little, perhaps we can debate like civilised people. Also, since when does someone need to be educated to have an opinion, or to be right? You claim that the entire film was interesting, but if it requires prior knowledge of the crystal skulls, then it is a bad movie, or rather, it was not intended for the audience it was marketed to. Unlike the Ark of the Covenant, or the Holy Grail, the crystal skulls were hardly a world-famous talking point beforehand. If prior knowledge was required to make the film interesting (you said 'because' with no qualifier like partly), then it is a film for crystal skull buffs, and not a film for Indy fans.

Secondly, there's no reason it couldn't have been as good as Raiders or Last Crusade. Apart from the love dialogue, Revenge of the Sith is my favourite of the Star Wars films, and I maintain that, at its best moments, it is the greatest of all 6 (i.e. including the originals), probably because of the Tom Stoppard influence. Batman Begins, though standing in a slightly different relation to its precursors, is easily the best Batman film. I'm not a fan of it, but people seem to love Casino Royale more than any of the preceding Bond films (despite Daniel Craig being shit). The continuation of a franchise, even after a long gap, is not guarantee of greateness or shitness either way.

Again, I'm not sure why I bothered here, as, judging by your previous post, you are likely to ignore my individual points and just restate your opinion, probably while lobbing some more insults around. I hope to be proven wrong...

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 45 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317