Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: I'm debating whether or not to join the member-exodus...  (Read 2560 times)

Offline Mr_Cynic

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex
  • war boner is 2.87" long.
  • has 70 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Mostly
  • Ruler: MrCynic
I'm debating whether or not to join the member-exodus...
« on: May 20, 2007, 09:23:05 pm »
Things are boring around here, and lately most of the people here have been rubbing me the wrong way.
Quote from: Crunka
I like cats too. Let's exchange recipes.
Quote from: Flask
SPITE THE ROCK!
Quote from: Elijah S Konderwink
....I fucking hate you.
<Moldavi> lol

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • war boner is 6.25" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Realm of Mpire
  • Ruler: invincible13matt
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 09:26:35 pm »
don't leave, that would make a lot of us sad. Too many people are burritos. Why would you want to leave the greatness that is the RIA?
More resilient than Wile E. Coyote.

Third, Fourth Great War Veteran, War of the Coalition Veteran
Lands ravaged, cities in ruins, so many lives sacrificed, and yet there was no other word for it but victory.

Offline Mr_Cynic

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex
  • has 70 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 09:27:19 pm »
As I said, it's been boring, and people are reubbing me the wrong way.  I've never felt too liked to begin with.
SPITE THE ROCK!
....I fucking hate you.
<Moldavi> lol

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 09:29:01 pm »
get active, start something (preferably not a war), but do something if you feel bored. You don't have to feel liked to enjoy yourself here.

Lands ravaged, cities in ruins, so many lives sacrificed, and yet there was no other word for it but victory.

Offline Mr_Cynic

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 70 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 09:30:47 pm »
Not feeling liked makes me feel awkward.  Also, what can I start?  I have no experience, so I can't run for anything and not be crushed.  Topics like these/mentioning this is my way of kind of polling the response; I don't like acting without some concept of what the results might be.  If people say "good riddance" I'll go.  If enough people ask me not to, I might not.
SPITE THE ROCK!
....I fucking hate you.
<Moldavi> lol

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 09:33:23 pm »
I have no experience either, and yet I find stuff to do. Namely RHUST. By some miracle of strange circumstance, I just got named Flask's second. Kind of bizarre for someone as new as I.

And I know what you mean about feeling awkward. I think most people do. If you're not wanted somewhere and yet are there... yeah. Not fun.

Offline Mr_Cynic

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 70 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 09:34:40 pm »
I'd love to be active in RHUST but I'm still getting back to pre-GWIII levels, which is another issue I have, that I've received NO help despite multiple requests and several promises.
SPITE THE ROCK!
....I fucking hate you.
<Moldavi> lol

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 09:35:39 pm »
I'll give you money tomorrow. Granted, it won't be much, but I'll give you it.

Offline Mr_Cynic

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 70 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 09:36:48 pm »
Don't bother, if I leave it won't be over money.  It won't be an issue once my final trade is in place.
SPITE THE ROCK!
....I fucking hate you.
<Moldavi> lol

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2007, 09:37:48 pm »
if you insist. I'd still like to do something though... I hate watching this many people leave at once.

Offline cheeseaholic

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2007, 09:38:20 pm »
Not feeling liked makes me feel awkward. Also, what can I start? I have no experience, so I can't run for anything and not be crushed.

Why does everyone think that you need to be elected to do something?  It's the opposite that is true.

You could:  Start an AIDS program, write for UGLY (used to be RAIN), work in the graphix board, join RHUST, go on a recruiting binge, try to build up some administrative infrastructure (I swear, we need a system to keep the member list updated so badly, and Vector won't stop complaining about how modships are handed out without regard to the constitution, and the constitution itself always needs a rewrite), become a diplomat, work on making better standardized resource guides, help alliance members with random trades improve their trades (this would be so helpful), write up a guide to any part of cybernations, work on making our wiki insane again (we kinda gave up since it took so much effort and we had so much more to do), or just make something up yourself.

Offline Mr_Cynic

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 70 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2007, 09:42:28 pm »
Quote from: cheeseaholic
Not feeling liked makes me feel awkward. Also, what can I start? I have no experience, so I can't run for anything and not be crushed.

Why does everyone think that you need to be elected to do something?  It's the opposite that is true.

You could:  Start an AIDS program, write for UGLY (used to be RAIN), work in the graphix board, join RHUST, go on a recruiting binge, try to build up some administrative infrastructure (I swear, we need a system to keep the member list updated so badly, and Vector won't stop complaining about how modships are handed out without regard to the constitution, and the constitution itself always needs a rewrite), become a diplomat, work on making better standardized resource guides, help alliance members with random trades improve their trades (this would be so helpful), write up a guide to any part of cybernations, work on making our wiki insane again (we kinda gave up since it took so much effort and we had so much more to do), or just make something up yourself.

Because honestly, I suck at most aspects of the game.  I rely on direction.  That's why I'd never run for anything other than Internal Affairs.  Can't work on graphix, I have no idea how.  I've tried being a diplomat, but other alliance's websites seem to reject me.  All three I've tried.  RHUST, I've explained.  Admin infra, I don't really get.  My big issue, anyway, is not really feeling like I fit in.  I never did on RI back on GFAQS either.  In fact, it was far worse there.  It's why I've all but left.
SPITE THE ROCK!
....I fucking hate you.
<Moldavi> lol

Offline cheeseaholic

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2007, 09:43:06 pm »
Quote from: Mr_Cynic
I'd love to be active in RHUST but I'm still getting back to pre-GWIII levels, which is another issue I have, that I've received NO help despite multiple requests and several promises.

I'm fairly sure that all the money that was promised was sent out after the war.  And no, it wasn't anywhere near enough to bring people back up to what was lost.  No alliance has that kind of cash, especially ours, which only had two big banks, one of which had all of it's AIDS slots full for a month.

If you are ever promised money and don't recieve it in a few days, ask about it.  I know I had all the AIDS chains diagramed out, so I could have discovered where it was stuck.  Sounds like someone didn't send it on.

We didn't have many slots after the war, and were using people who only had one post to validate in the forum.

Offline cheeseaholic

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2007, 09:44:13 pm »
Well, what do you want to do as HoIA?

Offline Mr_Cynic

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 70 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2007, 09:46:36 pm »
I'd mostly work on getting a bureaucracy going, getting people to work on stuff.  Give people stuff to do so they can't complain about how slow things are.  Also, I'd try and get a system going so that each cabinet member would give a report that we could publish, once a week, so that people see what's being done.
SPITE THE ROCK!
....I fucking hate you.
<Moldavi> lol

Offline cheeseaholic

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2007, 09:54:28 pm »
I'd mostly work on getting a bureaucracy going, getting people to work on stuff. Give people stuff to do so they can't complain about how slow things are.

If you could do that, I'd love you.  I'm of the opinion that it is impossible.

Also, I'd try and get a system going so that each cabinet member would give a report that we could publish, once a week, so that people see what's being done.

Once per month we have a state of the alliance topic from the leader.  Which is pretty much pointless.  Might not be a bad idea to have people who actually have duties write something up as well.  Once a week might be pushing it, though.  Most of my time this month would be something along the lines of "I wrote stuff.  You're not allowed to read it.  And I had other people do things.  You can't read what they did, either".  In fact, that's what I did write, since I did do something like that.  Only I used many, many more words.

Offline Perc

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2007, 10:45:26 pm »
I'd hate to see you leave even though I don't know you.

<3 the Irish and <3 bagpipers!!
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.  Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.  And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.  And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
-Ezekiel 25:17

Offline Mr_Cynic

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 70 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2007, 02:35:03 pm »
Quote from: cheeseaholic
I'd mostly work on getting a bureaucracy going, getting people to work on stuff. Give people stuff to do so they can't complain about how slow things are.

If you could do that, I'd love you.  I'm of the opinion that it is impossible.

Also, I'd try and get a system going so that each cabinet member would give a report that we could publish, once a week, so that people see what's being done.

Once per month we have a state of the alliance topic from the leader.  Which is pretty much pointless.  Might not be a bad idea to have people who actually have duties write something up as well.  Once a week might be pushing it, though.  Most of my time this month would be something along the lines of "I wrote stuff.  You're not allowed to read it.  And I had other people do things.  You can't read what they did, either".  In fact, that's what I did write, since I did do something like that.  Only I used many, many more words.

The bolded is what I'd try and end.  And by the way, I'm taking the impossible thing as a challenge.  =)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 02:54:20 pm by Mr_Cynic »
SPITE THE ROCK!
....I fucking hate you.
<Moldavi> lol

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2007, 04:12:50 pm »
LET'S... DO IT!!!!!!

Offline Pinwheel

• Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Has been Head of Economics
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2007, 06:22:14 pm »
Don't leave. Put it out of your head.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 45 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317