Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Any one play Warhammer 40k?  (Read 1156 times)

Offline Reoga

• Economics Leadership
  • Funktuar
  • Poke rights not poke fights
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Unjust War Has been Head of Internal Affairs Has recruited a member into the RIA IIDA Graduate and Cadet Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War Has colonized the Moon! Has donated money for the RIA Has been a diplomat Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Economics Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Equilibrium War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity Five years of Random Insanity RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO)
  • war boner is 8.75" long.
  • has 87 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Legion of 2000
  • Ruler: Reoga
Any one play Warhammer 40k?
« on: January 27, 2008, 09:32:23 pm »
I want to start a new army.
I have 4000pts of Space Marines.
what army should I start now?
I was thinking IG, Eldar, or Orks.
I can swim
Light a fire for a man warm him for a night
Light a man on fire warm him for the rest of his life
First Immortality then the Bitches
my dear psychopath stop raeping them
Wino

Offline Grand Poobah Marx

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Economics Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 5.89" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: North Place
  • Ruler: Grand Poobah Marx
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 09:47:32 pm »
Played IG.  Lots of fun.  Message to you: basilisks.  Fill out all Heavy Support with them and a heavy weapons platoon.  Their organization's a little different than most armies, but you'll rock out with the right guys.
Master Raider

[span style="color:#48D1CC"]cave laborem[/span]

Quote from: llamavore
I say listen to the gay jew.

Offline Reoga

• Economics Leadership
  • Funktuar
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Unjust War Has been Head of Internal Affairs Has recruited a member into the RIA IIDA Graduate and Cadet Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War Has colonized the Moon! Has donated money for the RIA Has been a diplomat Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Economics Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Equilibrium War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity Five years of Random Insanity RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO)
  • has 87 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 09:50:23 pm »
With what ever I go with Im going to try to get an Apocalypse box
I can swim
Wino

Offline Dontasemebro

• What does the custom title look like
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Economics RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 12.48" long.
  • has 133 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: RIAland
  • Ruler: Dontasemebro
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 10:19:20 pm »
I have 2.5k points of necrons. If you're bored of space marines, Eldar might be the way you want to go. They a huge selection, and if you're smart about your army list you can kill any one army guaranteed. Necrons are a simple race, not a lot of options when it comes to army lists. I really wish I picked orks, but I still HATE PAINTING orks. Your army doesn't look good unless you spend HOURS on your vehicles, and I'd want vehicles. But the army is always fun to have, and you can really have a lot of freedom with the way your army looks. I know a guy who used pen caps as his rockets for his stormboyz, and a tictac box was his killa kan. Imperial Guard is a hard army to do right. And you have to make a lot of choices. My problem with IG is you end up playing the same game win or lose every game unless you get like 2 different IG armies.
My cat watches me have sex, he's not the only one.
Spoiler for Hiden:

You know you want to.

wethepeople

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 10:42:43 pm »
I only play the computer game. :x

Offline Arsenal 10

• Officer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • SPIEZ MASTER!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Four years of Random Insanity Has colonized the Moon! RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Economics One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Illuminati War Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 19.29" long.
  • has 250 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Goonville
  • Ruler: Arsenal 10
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 03:56:20 am »
Normal Warhammer is better then 40k. You should collect that..
Chillaxin since 3/23/2008

Quote from: Moth
On the contrary, I think we're being very unserious about this. If we were serious about this situation, it would have been settled in a matter of hours.
Quote from: cctmsp13
If you're good enough for Arsenal, then you're good enough for me.
Quote from: pielord47
Arsenal, have I mentioned how large my mother told me your cannon was? She said it was HUGE.

Offline Dontasemebro

• What does the custom title look like
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Economics RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 12.48" long.
  • has 133 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: RIAland
  • Ruler: Dontasemebro
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 06:19:22 am »
I have a hordes of chaos army, arsenal. Archaon the cheese monster.
My cat watches me have sex, he's not the only one.
Spoiler for Hiden:

You know you want to.

Offline Reoga

• Economics Leadership
  • Funktuar
  • has 87 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 08:11:54 am »
4000 pts of lizards
I can swim
Wino

Offline King Pengu

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 08:33:31 am »
I don't play it. Is it fun?
<--Click to meet

This Signature has been made by Mudkip. All rights on this Sig are reserved to Mudkip.

Offline Arsenal 10

• Officer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • SPIEZ MASTER!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Four years of Random Insanity Has colonized the Moon! RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Economics One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Illuminati War Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 19.29" long.
  • has 250 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Goonville
  • Ruler: Arsenal 10
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 05:04:09 pm »
Yeah, it's a fun game. Takes along time to play though.

I have 4000 points of Empire (including the tank ) and 2000 points of Lizardmen.
Chillaxin since 3/23/2008

Quote from: Moth
On the contrary, I think we're being very unserious about this. If we were serious about this situation, it would have been settled in a matter of hours.
Quote from: cctmsp13
If you're good enough for Arsenal, then you're good enough for me.
Quote from: pielord47
Arsenal, have I mentioned how large my mother told me your cannon was? She said it was HUGE.

Offline Reoga

• Economics Leadership
  • Funktuar
  • has 87 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 06:06:04 pm »
I use a 2000pts Kroq Gar list and or 2000pts skink army useing 125 of the little buggers.
steam tank sooooooooo much chz. been wanten to start an emp army but most folks here paly 40k about 7 out of 10 play 40k
I can swim
Wino

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Economics Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 07:05:31 pm »
Quote from: Dontasemebro
My problem with IG is you end up playing the same game win or lose every game unless you get like 2 different IG armies.

I disagree.  You don't need two armies, you need 1.25 armies.  Just a selection or three that you switch out depending on foe.  Eg: facing orks, get more heavy bolter platforms,  facing space marines get more missiles.  It doesn't even cost anymore, once you buy an army you can mix n' match parts to make heavy weapons you didn't buy.  I have a full 2 squads that are converted from extra bits.
Master Raider

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 07:06:07 pm »
Double post: damn, I really want to get a game going...
Master Raider

Offline Reoga

• Economics Leadership
  • Funktuar
  • has 87 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 07:08:38 pm »
Im leaning towards Eldar I like the look of the war walkers
I can swim
Wino

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 07:12:12 pm »
I don't know...they're fun but I think there's no diversity in their models.  IG gives you tons of worlds to pick from, each with different abilites, and the ability to make your own.  You can make your guys however you want.  Failing that, I'd pick orks; you can make units out of random shit and minute for minute, they're the most fun to play.   Nothing like a mad charge across the field getting torn to pieces but still overrunning the enemy and killing them in close combat.
Master Raider

Offline Reoga

• Economics Leadership
  • Funktuar
  • has 87 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 07:23:55 pm »
you forget the squig bombs the only mimi that dose not have a profile but has a mimi
I can swim
Wino

Offline iKrolm

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Economics
  • war boner is 11.5" long.
  • has 13 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Selenarctos
  • Ruler: IKrolm
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 10:11:33 pm »
personally, i like the tyranid...  sure they suck but they look cool

where does everyone else buy their models?
-IKrolm, The Nation of Selenarctos

Former RIA HoE
Current TYR CoD

Quote from: Hyperonic
I think I'm going to take over the world by being the most quotable guy ever.

Offline Reoga

• Economics Leadership
  • Funktuar
  • has 87 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2008, 10:26:07 pm »
Hobby bench PV mall but my new army Ill get on line all at once
I have some bugs like 1k worth but I just make and paint them I dont use them.
The bugs are mostly gaunts. And thay dont relly suck I mean Reroll to wound with most the weps or there twinlinked I have a ShottieFex Spine bank +2 S6 twinlinked 12'
2 sets of twinlinked devoers for 8 S6 18' reroll the wounds. For a massive 10 S6 shoting Attacks + regen, +1 BS walking in a swarm of 16 hormies.Shot the big ones the little ones get in to CC.
 OK BS of 3 not so good but 10 twinlinked come on
I can swim
Wino

Offline Reoga

• Economics Leadership
  • Funktuar
  • has 87 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2008, 11:39:03 pm »
OK got the IG Eldar and New Ork Codex and the Eldar  Dire Avengers Exarch can take 2 shuriken catapulits for 5 pts and has the bladestorm power wich can add 1 to the # shots  but thay can not shot next  turn for 15. So its now an assault 3 every other turn. Give them a wave serpent or falcon and we have an Eldar drive by. The Exarch now has an assault 6 wep Eldar drive by FTW?
I can swim
Wino

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.302 seconds with 45 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317