Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: EarthBound  (Read 890 times)

Offline Damen

• RItiree - burritos
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
    • View Profile
    • http://
EarthBound
« on: July 07, 2007, 05:39:27 pm »
I'm sure that many of you have heard of EarthBound. I'm sure that many of you have played EarthBound.

But, there's always the select few that go "DAMEN WTF R U TALKIN BOUT"

Earthbound was released in Japan as "Mother 2". All the Japanese who played the game were like "omg yay :DDD", and the game did EXTREMELY well. Mother 2 was, you guessed it, a sequel to Mother. When one thinks of a sequel, they think "Oh wow! They must be continuing the story from the first game! Wow!" This is not the case. It is apparent that parts of Mother and Mother 2 are similiar. The first three characters in Mother look like the first three characters of Mother 2. Though, the characters are not the same...

Earthbound (Mother 2, remember) was released to the States a year after it was in Japan. It did not do so well...not many people seemed to dislike it, but it just flew under the radar. People just didn't notice it. Most likely because the Pokemon craze had just started. Meh.

In Earthbound, you play as Ness. A kid who is supposed to, with three other heroes, save the world by destroying the evil Gigas. The four heroes represent three guys and one girl (Again similar to Mother 1). You progress through the game in a magnificent setting, searching for the Key Points that you will need to find. Why do you need to find them? You collect melodies that will lead you to Gigas.

A wonderful RPG.

Screenshots of Earthbound:

Ness riding his bike:

Ness, Paula, Jeff, and Poo, the four heroes walking around.

The four heroes lying down in the town of the Saturns:

Three heroes reading a sign for an easter egg in the City of Fourside
http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/9960/scplanningmeeting5ui.gif
EarthBound

Now, some of you are all like "Damen! I can't play the game! I dun haev it! Waaaaah! DDDD:!"

To play this game, you need a Super Nintendo Emulator. I recommend ZSNES

http://emulator-zone.com/doc.php/snes/zsnes.html

Now, more importantly, you need the game.

Here you go:

http://www.coolrom.com/roms/snes/907/Earthbound.php

Just when you think the awesomeness can't be any greater, I present to you Mother.

"Damen. U said dat Mother was releesed in Japan! i cant understand Japanese! D:"

Mother was on it's way to America. It was all translated and everything, but it never made it. Why? Ask the bastards at Nintendo.

A hacker then somehow got it to ROM. Right. It was called EarthBound Zero to differentiate from the Japanese Mother.

I don't feel like explaining anything more, so...

MOTHER (also known as EarthBound, EarthBound 0, or EarthBound Zero) is an original RPG that takes place in rural America in the 1980's. This RPG was groundbreaking in that it broke the mold of dungeons, swords, and dragons. Medieval weapons were replaced by yo-yo's and frying pans. The classic dragons, dark elves, and other demons were replaced with possessed cars, crazed hippies, and many other off-the-wall enemies.

The story, however, is a classic. When strange, ghostly things begin to happen, a boy named Ninten sets out to investigate. He quickly finds that he has psychic abilities and a mysterious past. He is joined by several friends who aid him in his final goal, which is to defeat the vengeful alien known as Giegue. However, to defeat Giegue and to discover an ancient family secret, he must recover eight mysterious melodies with superb power.

In Japan, where it was released in the late 1980's for the Nintendo Famicom system, MOTHER was hugely successful. It sold around 400,000 copies and has spawned dozens of strategy guides, comic books, soundtracks and more.

MOTHER has four main characters: Ninten, Loid, Ana, and Teddy. The first three resemble characters in MOTHER 2 (EarthBound) for the SNES, and lots of theories about the connection between the two games have been presented over the course of time.

The gameplay on the overworld is similar to that of Final Fantasy. However, rather than seeing only the first character in your party while exploring the overworld, you see every character in your party following the main character, even if they're dead. However, battle gameplay is similar to Dragon Quest, for you see the enemies from a first-person perspective.

While wandering around in the overworld, you will randomly be drawn into battles with enemies. The enemy encounter rate is extremely high and as such this is considered to be far more difficult than its sequel, EarthBound. When you are in the battle sequence, you can perform many actions, such as attacking your opponent, staying on guard, using a PSI power, and fleeing. Because the game's enemy encounter rate is very high, the probability of fleeing is higher than that of EarthBound.

MOTHER Battle Sequence ScreenshotNintendo translated the game to English, but never released it. In 1998, a group of ROM translators discovered an auction of a prototype of the "EarthBound" cartridge. They contacted the individual who had acquired the game, and made an agreement to "borrow" the game for $400 so they could dump the cartridge to a ROM file. A ROM hacker/translator named demi performed the dump and subsequent hack, and edited the game's title screen to read "EarthBound Zero" (to avoid confusion with MOTHER 2, whose English name was "EarthBound").

Screenshots of Earthbound Zero:

It was/is for the Famicom/NES. So, here ya go:
http://emulator-zone.com/doc.php/nes/nestopia.html

Earthbound Zero ROM:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SA5OA1TB

Mother 3, or Earthbound 2 is currently being translated to English.

If you need any help with Earthbound, feel free to ask. Need instant help?
MSN: damen_dome@hotmail.com
AIM: DamenDOme

Sorry, I'm not too far in Earthbound Zero. I can't give you much advice, though I can try to help
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 05:40:06 pm by Damen »

[23:02] loren: You're pants are very fun

Andy says:
lorens not responding so HI LORENS MOM
Andy says:
HELLO BARBARA
Andy says:
I KNOW YOUR NAME
Andy says:
I'VE SEEN YOUR DAUGHTER NAKED, HAVE YOU?
loren says:
FUCK YOU MAN
loren says:
SHE ALMOST SAW THAT
loren says:
O_O

[span style="color:#48D1CC"]I WILL NOT REMOVE THIS UNTIL KENNY DECLARES DEFEAT[/span] 8-2-07

Offline Shyox

• RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave
  • war boner is 0.26" long.
  • has 29 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Casterly Rock
  • Ruler: leonardothered
EarthBound
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 06:05:00 pm »
Thanks Damen.
A Lannister always pays his debts

Offline —-

• Cuba
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 7 llamas
    • View Profile
EarthBound
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 09:24:27 pm »
Omgosh, one of the little people look like mario..

<__<

>__>

I'll check it out.

Offline Damen

• RItiree - burritos
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
    • View Profile
EarthBound
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 10:58:25 am »
XD

Andy says:
Andy says:
HELLO BARBARA
Andy says:
I KNOW YOUR NAME
Andy says:
loren says:
FUCK YOU MAN
loren says:
SHE ALMOST SAW THAT
loren says:
O_O

[span style="color:#48D1CC"]I WILL NOT REMOVE THIS UNTIL KENNY DECLARES DEFEAT[/span] 8-2-07

Offline Damen

• RItiree - burritos
  • God Emperor Cactus
    • View Profile
EarthBound
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 09:15:24 pm »
Bumpeh

Andy says:
Andy says:
HELLO BARBARA
Andy says:
I KNOW YOUR NAME
Andy says:
loren says:
FUCK YOU MAN
loren says:
SHE ALMOST SAW THAT
loren says:
O_O

Offline Ganon5

• Furious Panda
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Karma War Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • war boner is 0.7" long.
  • has 67 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=797919207
  • Nation: Desperation
  • Ruler: Furious Panda
EarthBound
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 09:30:48 pm »
Damen you're my hero!

Offline Lactavia

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
EarthBound
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 04:46:45 pm »
Most likely because the Pokemon craze had just started.

Wha?!

Pokemon came over to the US in late 1998. The SNES was already long dead.

Offline Damen

• RItiree - burritos
  • God Emperor Cactus
    • View Profile
EarthBound
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 04:53:06 pm »
Interesting

Andy says:
Andy says:
HELLO BARBARA
Andy says:
I KNOW YOUR NAME
Andy says:
loren says:
FUCK YOU MAN
loren says:
SHE ALMOST SAW THAT
loren says:
O_O

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 1.058 seconds with 37 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317