Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Harry Potter Discussion Thread  (Read 7598 times)

Offline Mr_Cynic

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 2.87" long.
  • has 70 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Mostly
  • Ruler: MrCynic
Harry Potter Discussion Thread
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2007, 11:03:32 am »
On the subject of the Epilogue, I'll take a quote from RI; I forget who it was: "HIDEOUS EPILOGUE IS HIDEOUS!  DO NOT WANT!"

Also, too many deus ex machinas for me.  As shamed said, it was very forced towards the end.  Also, after the part with the silver doe, everything got WAY too predictable.  I saw everything that happened from there to the end coming.
Quote from: Crunka
I like cats too. Let's exchange recipes.
Quote from: Flask
SPITE THE ROCK!
Quote from: Elijah S Konderwink
....I fucking hate you.
<Moldavi> lol

Offline schneereich

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2007, 12:38:07 pm »
Quote from: evil greg guy
i actually really liked the book/epilogue, i just think that there should have been more to it. i mean, OOTP was what, like, 750 pages long? This one was only 600, i feel that JK could have added more to the actual story, and even more to the epilogue.

did you have the uk version? this one is 759 pages long in the us.

Offline bobarito

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2007, 03:12:46 pm »
I hated the epilogue. I want to know what happens between the end and the 19 years later.
http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=121186
Nation Strength: 6,278.232
Resources: Iron and Water
Open trade slots: one
Team: Yellow
Aid given to Alliance members: 150,000, total Aid given CN: 205,000

to World Protection Agency

Offline Reoga

• Economics Leadership
  • Funktuar
  • Poke rights not poke fights
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has colonized the Moon! Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Equilibrium War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has been Head of Economics RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Karma War Has donated money for the RIA Five years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Has been a diplomat Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War
  • war boner is 8.75" long.
  • has 87 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Legion of 2000
  • Ruler: Reoga
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2007, 03:26:01 pm »
Sister inlaw got the book I read the last chapter My Idea was complity right. sorry egg but you know Hope i did not kill it for you egg
I can swim
Light a fire for a man warm him for a night
Light a man on fire warm him for the rest of his life
First Immortality then the Bitches
my dear psychopath stop raeping them
Wino

Offline dester55

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Overlooked member of the RIA
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War Five years of Random Insanity Has been a diplomat IIDA Graduate and Cadet Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Recruitment Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • war boner is 18.67" long.
  • has 189 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: kamicassis
  • Ruler: dester55
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2007, 06:17:04 pm »
Quote from: evil greg guy
i actually really liked the book/epilogue, i just think that there should have been more to it. i mean, OOTP was what, like, 750 pages long? This one was only 600, i feel that JK could have added more to the actual story, and even more to the epilogue.
OOTP was around 900 pages long. she should have added more to the plot because it seemed like she left out a lot of stuff that confused me in the end.

When everyone rage quits I start taking my clothes off.

Offline Delta1212

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards The Disorder War Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has recruited a member into the RIA Has colonized the Moon! Has assisted the HoIA in the Internal Affairs dept Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been a Triumvir
  • war boner is 16.44" long.
  • has 107 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Verspasia
  • Ruler: Delta1212
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2007, 06:27:09 pm »
For me, it was available at 7 pm EST on Friday. I am win.
It's ok Delta, the mods still love you.  But the forum skin is not a user and we cannot warn it.

<Away_Srqt[PG13]> thanks for satisfying my girlfriend delta
<Away_Srqt[PG13]> I appreciate it

The Truth about Scientology

Offline dester55

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War Five years of Random Insanity Has been a diplomat IIDA Graduate and Cadet Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Recruitment Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • has 189 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2007, 06:27:36 pm »
i got it for $19

Offline Delta1212

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards The Disorder War Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has recruited a member into the RIA Has colonized the Moon! Has assisted the HoIA in the Internal Affairs dept Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been a Triumvir
  • war boner is 16.44" long.
  • has 107 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Verspasia
  • Ruler: Delta1212
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2007, 06:28:08 pm »
I didn't actually spend any of my money.
It's ok Delta, the mods still love you.  But the forum skin is not a user and we cannot warn it.

<Away_Srqt[PG13]> thanks for satisfying my girlfriend delta
<Away_Srqt[PG13]> I appreciate it

The Truth about Scientology

Offline dester55

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 189 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2007, 06:28:34 pm »
same, my mom bought it

Offline bobarito

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2007, 07:18:58 pm »
I paid 18.99 for mine with my money. Just like my car only take off about 5.99 bucks and add two zeros.
http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=121186
Nation Strength: 6,278.232
Resources: Iron and Water
Open trade slots: one
Team: Yellow
Aid given to Alliance members: 150,000, total Aid given CN: 205,000

to World Protection Agency

Offline Castille

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2007, 10:48:26 pm »
i just finished i didn't read it straight but i thought it was amazing! There was some things that were confusing and i agree with whoever said that Dumboldore confused me at the end, but it all pretty much fell together. Personally i knew all along there was no way harry was gunna die i mean come on! even after snape's memory i still knew he would come back. AND why shamed would you want a grom ending that would be terrible. I know it sounds dorky but after seven books and many years of Harry Potter those characters are kinda real to me at least in a way, and honestly now that it is totally done i can't believe it!
but a few specifics about the book
OMFG how could hedwig die i practically cried!!
AND lupin and tonks thats sad too and i was totally confused with the epilogue who took care of their baby wasn't harry the godfather why the hell didn't he do it?
why did dobby die he rocked so much that was sad too
actually pretty much everyone that died was really sad especiallt fred the twins were always some of my farovites
i also couldnt believe there were two deaths in like the first 100 pages that was so sad
as far as the epilogue goes they arent supposed to tell everything i was jstu glad to see they all got married and happy its not an account of the rest of life jsut an idea for the future
i must admit though i was surprised snape was good it was kinda heart warming in a sick kinda way

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2007, 12:32:12 am »
well i just got my copy 2 days ago because i was gone.
It kicked ass but there were flaws

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Flask)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Flask)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]"Former HoFA, Remember? Back When Moth Was Good At Government. When The Crops Were Healthy And The Birds Sang. The Birds Don't Sing Any moar. Moth Had The Birds Executed By Firing Squad The Day Of His Election To Triumvirate. Now The Crops Are Dead. Sucks."[/quote]

Offline schneereich

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2007, 12:36:45 am »
yeah i wondered the same thing about teddy (lupin and tonks' kid). maybe he did live with harry though, because he would be 19 (and would have moved out) by the time the epilogue happened.

my gf is so distraught about hedwig and dobby. the humans dont matter, but hedwig and dobby are just awesome.

Offline Damen

• RItiree - burritos
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2007, 11:43:57 am »
I don't know if anyone's said this, but the Epilogue was wrote after JK finished the first book
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 11:44:08 am by Damen »

[23:02] loren: You're pants are very fun

Andy says:
lorens not responding so HI LORENS MOM
Andy says:
HELLO BARBARA
Andy says:
I KNOW YOUR NAME
Andy says:
I'VE SEEN YOUR DAUGHTER NAKED, HAVE YOU?
loren says:
FUCK YOU MAN
loren says:
SHE ALMOST SAW THAT
loren says:
O_O

[span style="color:#48D1CC"]I WILL NOT REMOVE THIS UNTIL KENNY DECLARES DEFEAT[/span] 8-2-07

Offline The Immortal Panic

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2007, 12:00:49 pm »
REALLY? I didn't know that?

Offline Damen

• RItiree - burritos
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2007, 12:10:54 pm »
That's why it felt out of place

Andy says:
Andy says:
HELLO BARBARA
Andy says:
I KNOW YOUR NAME
Andy says:
loren says:
FUCK YOU MAN
loren says:
SHE ALMOST SAW THAT
loren says:
O_O

[span style="color:#48D1CC"]I WILL NOT REMOVE THIS UNTIL KENNY DECLARES DEFEAT[/span] 8-2-07

Offline Damen

• RItiree - burritos
  • God Emperor Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2007, 12:12:40 pm »
With the eplilogue, I felt they left out what happened to a few key characters. Luna, the weasleys, Teddy, etc.

Andy says:
Andy says:
HELLO BARBARA
Andy says:
I KNOW YOUR NAME
Andy says:
loren says:
FUCK YOU MAN
loren says:
SHE ALMOST SAW THAT
loren says:
O_O

Offline schneereich

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2007, 12:23:57 pm »
i wonder what happened to the dursleys

Offline The Immortal Panic

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2007, 12:25:40 pm »
DUDE?! yeah what the hell happend to them? and dudly!?

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2007, 12:39:30 pm »
i thought they were susposed to die at some point 0.o

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Flask)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Flask)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]"Former HoFA, Remember? Back When Moth Was Good At Government. When The Crops Were Healthy And The Birds Sang. The Birds Don't Sing Any moar. Moth Had The Birds Executed By Firing Squad The Day Of His Election To Triumvirate. Now The Crops Are Dead. Sucks."[/quote]

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 48 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317