Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Attention: computer geek like people  (Read 1315 times)

Offline dester55

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Overlooked member of the RIA
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been a diplomat Five years of Random Insanity IIDA Graduate and Cadet Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been Head of Recruitment Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Karma War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • war boner is 18.67" long.
  • has 189 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: kamicassis
  • Ruler: dester55
Attention: computer geek like people
« on: December 17, 2007, 09:30:28 am »
I NEED A KICK ASS VIDEO CARD that some where between $125-$200 nvidea or ATI preferably SLI supported and vista supported. i aslo want it to kick ass into at least close to the end of 2008.

Get looking and i will give a prize/ early Christmas present to whoever finds me the best one.

i would also like links to newegg if possible.

When everyone rage quits I start taking my clothes off.

wethepeople

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 03:35:22 pm »
If you can find it, Radeon 3870.

Wheres my present?

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 08:49:42 pm »
fail boat

ati> radeon

i have this, it works great, havent found anything i cant run yet (only crysis i cant do on max settings)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814143112

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Flask)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Flask)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]"Former HoFA, Remember? Back When Moth Was Good At Government. When The Crops Were Healthy And The Birds Sang. The Birds Don't Sing Any moar. Moth Had The Birds Executed By Firing Squad The Day Of His Election To Triumvirate. Now The Crops Are Dead. Sucks."[/quote]

Offline eliminat

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
    • http://billjaquette.net
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 08:59:48 pm »
I'd suggest 8800 GT... but it's closer to $200 - $300 depending.  Might find it < $200 on sale somewhere (newegg, zipzoomfly, buy.com, etc)

or 8600GT is a decent card in that price range, though you won't be running everything maxed out.

I'd go with Vector's link honestly.  That's a GREAT price if you bother to do the mail-in rebate.
--------------------------------------
Ambassador to CRAP/NADC

Eliminat of Billium, Defender, This medal is for offensive support on the battle field, and moral support off of it.

http://billjaquette.net
Make a few $ a month.

http://billium.myminicity.com/

Offline Fortress

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 11:07:13 pm »
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814150229 Just as good as Vector's BFG except it has free shipping and after rebate is cheaper.

I wish I could change my laptop's 8600M GS but it's probably permanently attached to my motherboard...

wethepeople

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 01:09:03 am »
ATi is Radeon. Talk about fail about Vector.

The 3870 eats the 8600GT alive. In fact, the 8600GT isn't even worth $120 bucks let alone its price. It can't do shit compared to the 3870 or 8800GT. If you want get the 256MB 8800GT. If not, get the Radeon 3850. If you can dish out some cash get the Radeon 3870.

Offline OhBuhnanerz

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 01:26:12 am »
Do you want a PCIe? or PCI dual vid capable or doesnt matter? please explain.

Offline dester55

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Overlooked member of the RIA
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been a diplomat Five years of Random Insanity IIDA Graduate and Cadet Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been Head of Recruitment Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Karma War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • war boner is 18.67" long.
  • has 189 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: kamicassis
  • Ruler: dester55
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 09:21:15 am »

When everyone rage quits I start taking my clothes off.

Offline eliminat

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
    • http://billjaquette.net
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 11:08:46 am »
I said go with Vector's link.
From his link
SLI Supported      Yes

SLI is Nvidia only.

The videocard will do SLI.

Your selected motherboard....  I'm not so sure about.  Last I knew the Intel chipsets didn't support SLI.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 11:11:39 am by eliminat »
Ambassador to CRAP/NADC

Eliminat of Billium, Defender, This medal is for offensive support on the battle field, and moral support off of it.

http://billjaquette.net
Make a few $ a month.

http://billium.myminicity.com/

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • The Taste of Jeff Goldblum
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Unjust War Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 9.5" long.
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 11:20:45 am »
Get yourself a 360 Vector.

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 02:46:39 pm »
vector has no money to buy a 360
he does have windows live though

also i ment to say
nvidia>ati

sorry bout that

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Flask)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Flask)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]"Former HoFA, Remember? Back When Moth Was Good At Government. When The Crops Were Healthy And The Birds Sang. The Birds Don't Sing Any moar. Moth Had The Birds Executed By Firing Squad The Day Of His Election To Triumvirate. Now The Crops Are Dead. Sucks."[/quote]

wethepeople

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2007, 02:53:18 pm »
ATi > NVidia price wise. But if he wants to do SLi NVidia obviously wins.

And that mobo does not support SLi. Just cause it has two PCI-E slots does not mean it supports SLi. And SLi is a waste of money, btw. You'll most likely go with the 8600GT. Didn't I already tell you that card sucked on IRC Dester? Cause it does. If you want to SLi anything go with two 8800GT's, nothing less.

Dester this is the cheapest SLi mobo on the market:

[a href=\"http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813131153\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813131153[/a]

Do you still want to SLi? Go with a PS3-DS3L mobo, Radeon 3870 instead and you're set with maxed out gaming for a year.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 02:55:55 pm by wethepeople »

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2007, 02:59:46 pm »
dude
for $110 after rebate power and price wise the 8600 wins
as for it being bad
dude! it comes over clocked with a life time warenty from bfg, i played bioshock on max and it didnt come close to using up all the power of it
as for dual 8800 gts's
thats nice if you have $1000 or so to drop on graphics cards

and because the 8600 does dx10 its good for much longer than any card that cant, its got atleast a year or two of kick ass left
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 03:00:36 pm by Vector »

wethepeople

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2007, 03:03:16 pm »
8800gt's! GT, not the god awful GTS. They make $200 8800GT cards. Two of them for the price of one GTS is awesome. will completely devour the 8600GT and GTS.

The 8600GT is a very, very budget card. A radeon 3850, or Geforce 7900GS will eat it alive. Its the same price as a x1600 pro for a reason: It sucks. Maybe it can max bioshock now, but I wanna hear how you do on Stalker, Oblivion, World in Conflict and Crysis. All REAL benchmark games. Bioshock so happens to run at 50FPS on my rig. A Pentium D, 3GB of old RAM and a x1600 pro. On max settings, btw. Since Bioshock is the most optimized game of all time, it could run on a SNES.

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2007, 03:07:21 pm »
budget card?
hahaha
ati has even stated that they are not going for power and are just trying to creat budget cards...
as for testing, go to windows preformance checker, tell me what you get (8600 oc gets a 5.9)

wethepeople

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2007, 03:44:49 pm »
Windows Performance checker? You're joking, right? Download 3Dmark or something serious. And ATi's budget cards were the 2600's. The 2900XT, and 3870 eat all Nvidia cards alive except for the 8800GTX.

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2007, 04:15:24 pm »
http://www.yougamers.com/hardware/stats/3d...andperformance/

3d marks per $
54 for the 8600 gt
42 for the 8800 gt
38 for the 3870

now lets look price
for $5 more than the 3870 you can pick up a nvidia 8800 gt and its benchmarks are way better

Offline Chuck Normis

• Coalition of Royal Allied Powers
  • Cactus
  • Awards Has donated money for the RIA
  • war boner is 14.33" long.
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
    • CRAP
  • Nation: Kickastan
  • Ruler: Chuck Normis
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2007, 05:08:02 pm »
Quote from: eliminat
I'd suggest 8800 GT... but it's closer to $200 - $300 depending.  Might find it < $200 on sale somewhere (newegg, zipzoomfly, buy.com, etc)

or 8600GT is a decent card in that price range, though you won't be running everything maxed out.

I have the 8800GT...it is working great. I just found one at Frys Electronics for about $200...maybe a little more than $200.

If you can't find that, I would go with the 8600GT...that is defiantly in your price range.

MY Nation Link!!

When in doubt. WHIP IT OUT!!!

Offline OhBuhnanerz

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2007, 06:27:35 pm »
[a href=\"http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814143113\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814143113[/a]
this one will Kick some balls and seems to be what you are looking for...
there is a $40 rebate too!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 06:29:43 pm by OhBuhnanerz »

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.512 seconds with 44 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317