Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: What is your motivation for swearing?  (Read 5753 times)

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • Awards Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 4.97" long.
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
What is your motivation for swearing?
« on: August 21, 2008, 04:40:27 pm »
It just crossed my mind yesterday and I am wondering, why do you swear?
Ruling over pie since that one time a couple years ago.

Quote from: Wikipedia Article for Portal
Wolpaw further describes the idea of using cake as the reward came about as "at the beginning of the Portal development process, we sat down as a group to decide what philosopher or school of philosophy our game would be based on. That was followed by about 15 minutes of silence and then someone mentioned that a lot of people like cake."

C-zom

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 04:43:16 pm »
Because.. why not? I see no problem with swearing, its effective at delivering your point and most of all.. fun.

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • Awards Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 04:45:56 pm »
Obviously if something is designated into a certain category then it has something special with it. Swears are where they are because they are designated as inappropriate or bad language. And has anyone noticed like every swear has a meaning that isn't swearing? There is a sword called the bastard sword. Female dogs are bitches. Donkeys are referred to as asses sometimes. How did these words get here anyway?

Wolpaw further describes the idea of using cake as the reward came about as "at the beginning of the Portal development process, we sat down as a group to decide what philosopher or school of philosophy our game would be based on. That was followed by about 15 minutes of silence and then someone mentioned that a lot of people like cake."

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 04:55:11 pm »
i swear due to adrenalin. idunno how that works myself.

Offline enragedlobster

• RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Internal Affairs One year of Random Insanity Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Unjust War Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been a diplomat
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 26 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: goddammit
  • Ruler: certainly not
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 10:18:56 pm »
I just like the words. They're also very good stress relievers for me.
fuck off

Offline Electric Mango

• R a p e r o f L e o
  • Independent Republic of Orange Nations
  • Funktuar
  • I Make All Your Dreams Come True
  • Awards Was elected to be Captain Planet Has donated money for the RIA
  • has 22 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tiava.com
  • Nation: Mango Nation
  • Ruler: A Vote for Mango is Like a Mouth Full of Awesome
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 10:26:19 pm »
Fuck shit ass cunt bitch.  Good enough for ya?

Offline Crunka

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 4.32" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/thecolourofmusic
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 03:00:22 am »
because it gets the point across effectively.

i mean, if i were really mad and said "FRUIT SALAD!" everyone would be like "yummy yummy."
"it's better to live one day as a lion[/size] than a thousand years as a lamb"
[/i]

check out my flickr!
check out my band: The Color of Music
check out my cock

Offline nIveK oGre

• Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=220744
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 03:08:14 am »
because i like to effectively communicate my message to other people.

if fuck is the right word to use in a situation then i say fuck.  just like with punctuation.  if i need a ! then i fucking use a ! and if i don't then i'll use something else.

it's those stick-up-the-ass religious morons who think saying fuck is a sin who are the problem.  the fairytale known as God doesn't give a fuck if i say fuck.

i'll say shit and goddamn too because they are words within our language and there are times when something needs to be damned all to hell.  even if hell is some imaginery place made up by some asshole.

jesus is the son of god?  jesus should suck my cock, he ain't the son of a goddamned thing.
frozen sky

<+Slim[element]> hehe hes kinda big that should be fun

Offline Dontasemebro

• What does the custom title look like
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 12.48" long.
  • has 133 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: RIAland
  • Ruler: Dontasemebro
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 03:50:10 am »
placeholder, emphasis
My cat watches me have sex, he's not the only one.
Spoiler for Hiden:

You know you want to.

Offline Preventer Wind

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 08:27:58 am »
Stupid people make me so mad. I swear so I dont slap them.
Enemies you threaten make armies.
Enemies you destroy make graves.
Shinsei says "Forgive and forget."
 Why? So you can fool me again?
I have Rick rolled 4

Offline pacothenacho

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 12:45:41 pm »
Swearing is just a part of language, there are plenty of vulgar expressions that don't really mean a thing without a shit or fuck thrown in there.

and cmon who doesn't like saying wtf u piece of mothaf%$^ing shit sometimes?

Offline —-

• Cuba
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 7 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 01:03:39 pm »
Well there's a few curses that I never use, or just words in general. But stuff like "Shit" I use often when I screw up in a game or drop something.

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 04:23:39 pm »
Quote from: nIveK oGre
because i like to effectively communicate my message to other people.

if fuck is the right word to use in a situation then i say fuck.  just like with punctuation.  if i need a ! then i fucking use a ! and if i don't then i'll use something else.

it's those stick-up-the-ass religious morons who think saying fuck is a sin who are the problem.  the fairytale known as God doesn't give a fuck if i say fuck.

i'll say shit and goddamn too because they are words within our language and there are times when something needs to be damned all to hell.  even if hell is some imaginery place made up by some asshole.

jesus is the son of god?  jesus should suck my cock, he ain't the son of a goddamned thing.
you are one misguided individual but alas, religious debates never go well here so I will not start one
just know that you will be the one suffering for eternity if you do not change your ways  

Offline nIveK oGre

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 08:07:02 pm »
Quote from: pielord47
you are one misguided individual but alas, religious debates never go well here so I will not start one
just know that you will be the one suffering for eternity if you do not change your ways  

and you will be dead, rotting in the ground for all eternity.  bugs will eat you and your family will miss you but they will never see you again.
frozen sky

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 09:09:20 pm »

and you will be dead, rotting in the ground for all eternity.  bugs will eat you and your family will miss you but they will never see you again.
sure, sure
when judgment day comes you'll know what you've done or what you've left undone

Offline Preventer Wind

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 09:17:50 pm »
I know what Ive done. Ive stoped posting in this
Enemies you threaten make armies.
Enemies you destroy make graves.
Shinsei says "Forgive and forget."
 Why? So you can fool me again?
I have Rick rolled 4

Offline nIveK oGre

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2008, 09:22:56 pm »
sure, sure

judgment day already came

the ruling was that you're a mook.  you can't appeal this judgment either.
frozen sky

Offline Shadow

• The Ultimate Lifeform
  • Lord Cactuar
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Six years of Random Insanity RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Was elected to be Captain Planet Has colonized the Moon! Has been a diplomat Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has been a Triumvir
  • war boner is 19.21" long.
  • has 393 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: The Cheeselands
  • Ruler: ShadowDragon
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2008, 09:26:06 pm »
I generally don't.
Old Forum's Profile: Joined - 25-July 06, Member Number - 21

~ShadowDragon777
The Cheeselands (My Nation)

Offline Amoston

• God Emperor Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2008, 09:25:02 pm »
Because the right was afforded to me as a citizen of America to say whichever words I please, without fear of retribution unless malicious in nature.

C-zom

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2008, 10:02:04 pm »

sure, sure

lol I knew this would turn into Pielord spouting religious shit. Fuck shit cunt dick ass... look no lightning! :v
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 10:02:47 pm by C-zom »

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 44 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317