Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Thoughts on suicide?  (Read 8134 times)

Offline Shyox

• RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave
  • war boner is 0.26" long.
  • has 29 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Casterly Rock
  • Ruler: leonardothered
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2007, 04:19:39 pm »
Quote from: invincible13matt
Happiness is a point of view, really. I suffer because I am beyond most people in terms of intellect. Thus, I draw unnecessary ire from those who don't appreciate it. But I have never contemplated suicide, never cut myself, never done any of that crap. Why? To me, it's sorta like practice. I am called to be happy in my suffering. And so I continue on.

... That's one of the most conceited and egotistical things I've ever heard.

Just because you're so sure of yourself, doesn't mean everyone else is.
A Lannister always pays his debts

Offline Taladrea

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/angellicdarkness
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2007, 04:33:39 pm »
Quote from: Shyox
Quote from: invincible13matt
Happiness is a point of view, really. I suffer because I am beyond most people in terms of intellect. Thus, I draw unnecessary ire from those who don't appreciate it. But I have never contemplated suicide, never cut myself, never done any of that crap. Why? To me, it's sorta like practice. I am called to be happy in my suffering. And so I continue on.

... That's one of the most conceited and egotistical things I've ever heard.

Just because you're so sure of yourself, doesn't mean everyone else is.

/agree with Shyox
~ Taladrea

your # Did not want to post it dut where r u @ ?

and can I have it?

"The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success." - Bruce Feirstein

"Stop making me repeat myself! Its bad for my health!" - Duo Maxwell (Gundam Wing)

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • war boner is 6.25" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Realm of Mpire
  • Ruler: invincible13matt
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2007, 07:28:59 pm »
which part is conceited, the part about being intelligent, or the other part?
More resilient than Wile E. Coyote.

Third, Fourth Great War Veteran, War of the Coalition Veteran
Lands ravaged, cities in ruins, so many lives sacrificed, and yet there was no other word for it but victory.

wethepeople

Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2007, 08:35:21 pm »
Suicide.. here's my belief on it.

Life will whoop you. Life will kick you up and down the highest mountains, and throw you into the hottest firefights. But in the immortal words of Rocky Balboa, "Its not about how hard you can hit, but how much you can get hit and keep moving forward!". Some good songs by Johnny cash are Drive on, Help me, and Redemption. All of them deal with hurt, and pain, and moving forward. He notions that life may get so though, and painful, but its never out of God's control. Things may get so rough, and painful but its never out of God's control. That gives me hope, and keeps suicide away. Life may be tough, and it may break you down, but it can never kill you. Trials, hard times, arguements, broken relationships--None of them can stop the time. Drive on, my friends. It may seem horrible, but it will get better. Break up with a life long love? Again to quote Bob marley, "Have no fear for Atomic energy, cause none of them can stop the time.". If it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger. And a lesson by TD Jakes was, "If it isn't to lift you up, and to help you grow, it is not from God!" Funny thing is? God controls everything. ALL trials are to help you grow. They may seem, and may be, horrible, hard, and tedius, but God is there. They are there to help you grow. Suicide is cowardly, because you're backfiring this. You're spitting at Jesus Christ, and giving up. If you are a Christian and knew him, he will welcome you home. But you will see what could have been, if you drove on. Don't give up, don't kill yourself. March through the trials, and grow.

Offline BlackMario64

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #124 on: January 13, 2008, 12:13:46 pm »
Quote from: ace of spades
suicide... one of the most selfish things you can do. you are hurting the people around you more than yourself. have you ever seen the family of a person who commits suicide? it is the most painful thing to see as they are on their knees crying and shaking their head asking "was there anything i could have done?" if life is truly depressing, you need to find some way out of it.

Not My Words Exactly, But

---Suicide is NOT a selfish act. You all say that they're burritos their loved ones behind and hurting them, but that really only makes you selfish. How can you expect this person to continue living through all the pain that their life is giving them? To go through the feeling of being invisible, like they have no one to confide in? To go through feeling like everybody that once loved them has now abandoned them? And to go through feeling that everyday the walls are closing in on them and that everyday they are sinking further and further into despair? Into loneliness and heartache? How on earth can you expect someone to live with that all the time, just to keep everybody else happy? It's not like it's their duty to make everyone happy. So stop being selfish yourself and think of the individual for once.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Offline Adolf Von Sippycup

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2008, 01:47:58 pm »
Suicide is a last resort only, in my opinion. If your life really sucks that much and there is no possibility of changing it, then I guess if that's what you really want to do then go ahead. I once felt like that it was my only option but I stuck through it because I had friends. I'm happy I did, but I also understand that there are people who aren't that lucky.
In a perfect world the mentally handicapped will lead the blind.

Offline Crunka

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 4.32" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/thecolourofmusic
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2008, 01:00:08 am »
^i agree.

also, lol at c-zom/wethepeople/whatever, opinions change man.
"it's better to live one day as a lion[/size] than a thousand years as a lamb"
[/i]

check out my flickr!
check out my band: The Color of Music
check out my cock

Offline Joker

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nothingface/
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2008, 01:05:22 am »
My thoughts on suicide are pretty much Adolf Von Sippycup's. I'd discourage anybody from trying it, but, if somebody's really backed up against a corner enough that they feel an escape from their pain is worth all the pain they'd cause...well...I wouldn't blame them myself, since I've been in that situation. Though, thankfully, I obviously didn't kill myself.
Now in NpO. Take that as you will.

Offline schneereich

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #128 on: January 16, 2008, 01:33:01 am »
well, coincidentally, i just got back from a speech by dr kevorkian... (seriously, i did - google news it, he just spoke at uf)

so here's my opinion on euthanasia-style suicide (because it's on my mind): if you are in pain from some horrible disease you have the right to die. not the right to kill yourself, but to ask your doctor to put you down. we do it to cats and dogs in order to end their lives without pain. so why is it illegal in 49 states (the exception is oregon) to do it to a human? why must we suffer through terminal illness until the bitter end?

as for suicide by depressed people... no. there are psychiatric treatments that can fix depression. if drugs and counseling don't do it, electroshock treatment will in almost every case, according to my psychology class last year. it's remarkably more humane than people imagine, and pretty much works miracles on even the most depressed people. the problem is that our mental health system is in tatters and needs to be fixed. maybe if we can finally get universal healthcare in this backwards country, then we can fix that along with the rest of the medical industry.

Offline Mr_Cynic

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex
  • war boner is 2.87" long.
  • has 70 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Mostly
  • Ruler: MrCynic
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #129 on: January 16, 2008, 06:05:50 am »
I agree with the Catholic Church on this one.  Life is a wonderful gift, you shouldn't destroy any life, including your own.
Quote from: Crunka
I like cats too. Let's exchange recipes.
Quote from: Flask
SPITE THE ROCK!
Quote from: Elijah S Konderwink
....I fucking hate you.
<Moldavi> lol

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #130 on: January 16, 2008, 12:16:06 pm »
someone's life is their own. being given life doesn't include signing a contract with a divine power that you will always keep the life. if I did somehow sign some contract, i dont remember, and i think not remembering is a good excuse if I should break it.

all the moral bs contrived about why it is evil has nothing to do with god, if a god exists that is worth believing in. more likely you came up with those guilts and fears and shames because you lack a positive motivation with which to confront such a profound question. now this is natural to be in this state of numbness so as not to want to think about such questions as 'do i know personally of a reason to live, such as a personal experience that makes my present pain and likely future pain worth enduring?' relevant to that question are the amounts of pain present and likely in the future. irrelevant are second hand motivations, which religion usually is. here, i know i'm going on and on, but i'll paste something.

<blahblahblah>evil can be logically equated to chaos, entropy, pain, waste, and the imbalance that causes these things. that doesn't mean there's always someone to blame. but life is a struggle against entropy, against forces that pull things toward their basest state, which is a state opposed to life. life is a self-preserving order. it inherently views anything that destroys that order to be 'bad.' the notions of eternal damnation are not necessary or practical but the ideas of 'good and bad' are.

life is also a self-advancing order, as a means of preserving that order. for this reason all life seeks to render itself absolute and objectify itself from the universe. whether there was a god before or not, life believes in attaining godhood. however if there were a god, an objectified life-form, then knowing/becoming one with that god would be an efficient way of transcending the non-life, the limitations of the world spelled out in terms of chaos, entropy, and breaking down.

this is always fun to bring up when people disrespect religions with the attitude of being non-religious and naturalistic. all life exercises faith in that it believes in living and will reach beyond sanity to preserve itself. it will deny what it perceives if this denial could serve it. life is fundamentally religious. instinct is the first religion, and it powers the subconscious of even the most devout atheist. faith and stimuli are the base elements of all thought, although there remains a distinction between faith with evidence and evidence which implies a faith (the faith then being self-evident).</blahblahblah>

this was in another forum in response to 'does evil exist' and is .. pertinent. well mainly the part about life, believing in attaining godhood. the soul wants to be a god, a perfect, ecstatic, unlimited, unthreatened being. and this is why people even Can find a motivation for killing themselves. 'attaining' is really more about evolution than religion. although a lot of religious people are also evolving. just saying, god didnt make religion, dont let it distract you.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 12:23:05 pm by llamavore »

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline 1ofkind

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #131 on: January 16, 2008, 11:22:28 pm »
What kind of dumbass piece of shit really has the time to think about suicide? Get your priorities straight. I mean I'd at least burn down my house, and then destroy the world before I tried to kill myself.
Muay Thai - Strength Training - Battle Rifles - (ex) Paintball Professional - C&C:RA2 - COD4:MW - My Nation

Offline Dagny Taggart

• Cactus
    • View Profile
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #132 on: January 19, 2008, 05:40:40 am »
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 05:41:13 am by Dagny Taggart »
Official Ideal Trade Groups Thread

If you have two of the following resources you can sign up.

Or if you have one of the above and one of the below.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/shijeru" target="_blank">http://www.last.fm/user/shijeru</a>

Offline NoPayneNoGain

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #133 on: January 31, 2008, 02:54:43 pm »
The only way I'd ever do myself in was if the zombie apocalypse became a reality, and I was being swarmed with only one oxet left. I just hope the gun doesn't jam.

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #134 on: January 31, 2008, 04:51:18 pm »
i'd rather be a zombie. but i could never figure out why they didnt eat eachother.

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
    • http://flaskbear.newgrounds.com/
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #135 on: January 31, 2008, 06:40:24 pm »
This topic was continued from, like, MAY of last year by BlackMario. Heheh.

Hyperonic ~ "I finally have enough evidence to prove that Flask is in fact a bear."
Kaiser ~ "This topic is a lie. Flask has thought of everything ever."

Offline Untelligent

• Wandered out west to the California coast where the folks who know 'bout Frostiness stay Frostiest the most
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • Awards Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has colonized Mars!
  • war boner is 19.75" long.
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: zoqfoqpiksting
  • Ruler: Untelligent
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #136 on: January 31, 2008, 07:45:36 pm »
I only just noticed this topic, and thus have not read it, so this may have already been stated, but I don't care:

Every suicide means one less emo kid.

We all live in a yellow submarine, we hate the stupid thing, we want to paint it green

Quote from: Hyperonic
I'm going to code some shit into these boards that stops you guys from posting because holy shit

Stay Frosty.

llama, don't say intelligent things.
This.

What the fuck llama.

Offline King Pengu

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
Thoughts on suicide?
« Reply #137 on: February 01, 2008, 09:46:13 am »
My dad's boss killed himself. He left a wife, a daughter (I think she's 18 or 19) and a son (two years younger) behind. His wife found him dead with a gun in his hands. I don't know why he did it, but it's really shitty for his family. Of course, he maybe had his reasons, but killing yourself and burritos behind your family is not a good solution.
<--Click to meet

This Signature has been made by Mudkip. All rights on this Sig are reserved to Mudkip.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 40 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317