Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: I like someone. There, I said it.  (Read 7665 times)

wethepeople

I like someone. There, I said it.
« on: September 27, 2007, 08:36:43 pm »
=/ I have a crush on a girl I've known but I don't know what to do. She's 16, turning 17. I'm 15, turning 16. Thats akward. I am Christian, and people in Christ. She's how I used to be, that should be enough info. She likes Religious music and if not that then soft, soft rock and occasional R&B (Go figure.) I like Metallica, Disturbed, Pantera, Slipknot (Thanks Loren.), and basically metal. Ozzy, Dio, etc. I do not flaunt my religion in listening tastes. She has a VERY strict family who keeps them from R movies etc etc. I do not.

But I like her. I like people based on who they are on the inside, I can read people like a book most of the time. And I /really/ like who this person is on the inside of the religious coating. Except I don't have the guts to do anything. =/ I don't even know if I should. There's a LOT of bad that could happen if I did anything, but there's also a bit of good I guess. I don't know what to do. Well... I do. But I don't know if I want to. I'm shy, very shy. Well I never used to be, but times changed me. I am reserved and pretty shy, masking my emotions with humor. You may or may not catch that. I'm afraid they think I'm a idiot cause how I act (Very sarcastic, jokes, etc.) And I don't know if its even worth it.

Unlike Damen, I have no pictures.

/vent over

Offline Grand Poobah Marx

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Economics Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • war boner is 5.89" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: North Place
  • Ruler: Grand Poobah Marx
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 08:42:08 pm »
Don't know what to tell you man, except I feel for you.. =/
Master Raider

[span style="color:#48D1CC"]cave laborem[/span]

Quote from: llamavore
I say listen to the gay jew.

wethepeople

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 08:43:19 pm »
Thanks Poobah. =/

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 6.25" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Realm of Mpire
  • Ruler: invincible13matt
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 08:57:08 pm »
1. C-Zom, I technically have a girlfriend (ugh, I hate that term) who is 15 and I am 17. So don't feel too bad about that.

2. Music shouldn't make a difference.

3. Trust me, nothing good can come out of being shy. That's no way to get anywhere with anyone. What do you want to do, end up a miser like me? Please don't, it's not fun. Go on ahead, go cautiously, check on her feelings towards you in discreet methods, and over all, try, try, try. Show your character, and don't be ashamed of it, this is who you are, and you have to live with it the rest of your life. You may as well at least pretend to like it. If she likes it, yay, good for you, if she spurns it, put it behind you, and move on.

Also, is it necessary to change your avatar that much?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 09:00:17 pm by invincible13matt »
More resilient than Wile E. Coyote.

Third, Fourth Great War Veteran, War of the Coalition Veteran
Lands ravaged, cities in ruins, so many lives sacrificed, and yet there was no other word for it but victory.

Offline Commisar Gaunt

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 08:57:48 pm »
Nothing to it, but to do it. Also, cocks.

wethepeople

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 09:00:42 pm »
Quote from: invincible13matt
1. C-Zom, I technically have a girlfriend (ugh, I hate that term) who is 15 and I am 17. So don't feel too bad about that.

2. Music shouldn't make a difference.

3. Trust me, nothing good can come out of being shy. That's no way to get anywhere with anyone. What do you want to do, end up a miser like me? Please don't, it's not fun. Go on ahead, go cautiously, check on her feelings towards you in discreet methods, and over all, try, try, try. Show your character, and don't be ashamed of it, this is who you are, and you have to live with it the rest of your life. You may as well at least pretend to like it. If she likes it, yay, good for you, if she spurns it, put it behind you, and move on.

1: Except her parents rules are mondo weird. Their 17 year old daughter going out with a younger dude? I highly don't they would like it, even if we're only a year and a couple months apart.

2: It does when there isn't anything to talk about.

3: True. Last time I was myself though it didn't work out too well. But, I will give it one more go.. I guess.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 09:00:59 pm by wethepeople »

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 09:02:01 pm »
dude, just go for it, i've dated people way older than me (she was 17 i was 13/14 [we dated during and around my b-day] and it went fine for 3 months) and im an ugly bastard so, no matter who you are youve always got a chance if you think you can.

And worst that can happen is you get a no (wow, i should really take my own advice *is trying to grow enough balls to ask out one of the prettiest girls i know* I think she likes me also but still, auqh!)

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Flask)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Flask)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]"Former HoFA, Remember? Back When Moth Was Good At Government. When The Crops Were Healthy And The Birds Sang. The Birds Don't Sing Any moar. Moth Had The Birds Executed By Firing Squad The Day Of His Election To Triumvirate. Now The Crops Are Dead. Sucks."[/quote]

Offline master31347

• Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sexybeast.com
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 09:02:59 pm »
huggles c-zom
Quote from: Flask
My spy name is Thane Durand, but if you remember that later, be on the lookout for a brain wipe.

<---- Recruited the most for the month of September

Offline Nitemarebforcrismas

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 09:03:38 pm »
Go for it. If you don't, then you're going to be just sitting there wondering whether or not she would say yes or not...You might as well do it. If she turns you down, then well, that happens. And about the parents...forget about them. If she really likes you, she'll stay with you whether her parents don't want her to or not.

My Nation
I refuse to Chillax... e_e

Offline Commisar Gaunt

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 09:03:53 pm »
huggles master

wethepeople

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 09:03:55 pm »
<_< Just going for it puts a lot more on line then a no. But thanks Vec.

-Hugs Nathan-

...-Counts money he got from his back pocket-

Offline master31347

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 09:04:20 pm »
im fking por lol.
My spy name is Thane Durand, but if you remember that later, be on the lookout for a brain wipe.

Offline Commisar Gaunt

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 09:04:38 pm »
*spoons with nathan*

Offline master31347

• Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 09:09:46 pm »

Offline —-

• Cuba
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 7 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 09:43:09 pm »
Vector's right, the worst that could happen is a no. And trust me, I'm the most shy person IRL unless I know you or I'm bored. It's not so bad, just relax and play it down. You're lucky, you probably don't have 2 friends trying to set you up with people.

wethepeople

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 09:46:52 pm »
Thats not the worst that could happen, trust me on that one. I could go, ask her do to something, but again thats pretty crazy. =/ I don't have the guts. And I'm not so much shy as I am reserved. Since I've known her for a long time a sudden burst of "Lets do something" would seem incredibally weird and out of character.

Offline —-

• Cuba
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 7 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 09:48:01 pm »
Ask to go to the movies as friends? Or.. I don't know. I used to go over my friend John's house to play on his wii and play Madness Combat lol.

And, what could be the worst?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 09:48:18 pm by Loren »

wethepeople

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 09:54:27 pm »
Lawl. Except our two families don't like each other that much, a ton of crap happened that keeps my parents away from them all, except for me. I just go to the youthgroup. So dating her would be major weird for my family and theirs.

I'm sorta friends with her brother. He would be pissed. Etc.

I could ask her to go to a movie but... her family is weird about movies. The whole "I don't buy tickets for this movie cause it also supports the R rated movies in the theatre." is what they do.

BTW, this is not HER. Its her parents. She's normal, nice, and there's just something about her. She's no where near as conservative as her family is. But thats just the thing, her family is.

Offline Delta1212

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards The Disorder War Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of Great War III RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has recruited a member into the RIA Has colonized the Moon! RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has assisted the HoIA in the Internal Affairs dept Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been a Triumvir
  • war boner is 16.44" long.
  • has 107 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Verspasia
  • Ruler: Delta1212
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 10:18:01 pm »
I've been in... similar situations. Ones where it does seem you have a lot more to lose than a simple "no." I've found that, even if you do get rejected, you actually feel a hell of a lot better than if you don't ask at all. I've experienced all three situations before (Acceptance, rejection, not doing anything in the first place). The result you get from doing nothing is always the worst. "What if"s are a fucking bitch.
It's ok Delta, the mods still love you.  But the forum skin is not a user and we cannot warn it.

<Away_Srqt[PG13]> thanks for satisfying my girlfriend delta
<Away_Srqt[PG13]> I appreciate it

The Truth about Scientology

wethepeople

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2007, 10:21:23 pm »
True, Delta. What ifs suck balls, and thats a fact.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 36 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317