Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: I's good fo' me t'see you  (Read 3352 times)

Offline Remy LeBeau

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
I's good fo' me t'see you
« on: April 26, 2008, 10:25:24 pm »
Hey dere...dis Remy, 'e a new part'a de forum, an' dey tell 'im dat 'e gotta start a new topic if 'e wan's t'get, as dey say, "$million".  

So...'ere's Remy.  Dere ain' much mo' t'say, really.  Most'a wha' e' woulda said was in de app, but since I jus' gotta write 'ere every day, might as well jus' repeat myself, non?

So.  My time on de internet start wit' Warcraft trés.  Fo' dose dat know 'bout dis kinda t'ing, I embarrassed t'say I play t'ings like Life of a Peasant fo' a while, but 'ventually Remy come 'round t' de fact dat de game was stupid, so 'e switch over t' play RPs, DoBRP fo' de mos' part.  Eventually, I make some clan on Warcraft, dat decide t' get itself out in de internet.  In de clan forum, I star' wit' de Text RPin'.  De forum outlive de Warcraft clan, an' ole Remy don' play videogames too much anymo'.  Dat started de RPin' online, an' now I play on a X-Men site, an' on dat ole Warcraft RP site.  Y'all mo' den welcome t'check 'em out, dey 'ere an' 'ere?.  Take a look, y' migh' jus' find somet'in' dat y'like.  

A'right.  Dis de par' where y'all talk t'Remy.

...an' GO!

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
    • http://flaskbear.newgrounds.com/
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 10:33:41 pm »
Please don't type Gambit speak beyond this post.

Hyperonic ~ "I finally have enough evidence to prove that Flask is in fact a bear."
Kaiser ~ "This topic is a lie. Flask has thought of everything ever."

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 11:29:26 pm »
omg.... i did NOT have the energy to read that, and i never will >.<

Offline Arsenal 10

• Officer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • SPIEZ MASTER!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Four years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Recruitment One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Karma War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Was elected to be Captain Planet Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been a diplomat RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 19.29" long.
  • has 250 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Goonville
  • Ruler: Arsenal 10
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 01:07:41 am »
lol - It's easier then reading Elijah's talk..
Chillaxin since 3/23/2008

Quote from: Moth
On the contrary, I think we're being very unserious about this. If we were serious about this situation, it would have been settled in a matter of hours.
Quote from: cctmsp13
If you're good enough for Arsenal, then you're good enough for me.
Quote from: pielord47
Arsenal, have I mentioned how large my mother told me your cannon was? She said it was HUGE.

Offline Grand Poobah Marx

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Recruitment Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • war boner is 5.89" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: North Place
  • Ruler: Grand Poobah Marx
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 08:42:09 am »
Quote from: Arsenal 10
lol - It's easier then reading Elijah's talk..

True, but not as entertaining or edifying.
Master Raider

[span style="color:#48D1CC"]cave laborem[/span]

Quote from: llamavore
I say listen to the gay jew.

Offline Remy LeBeau

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 10:47:09 am »
Psh....speak for yourself!  

Although I suppose since all I gotta do is write it, rather than read it, perhaps I'm a biased judge.  

But perhaps not.  It's still fun, so I'ma keep it up, at least from time to time.  I just think you're jealous.

Offline DrunkWino

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 11:35:30 am »
Honestly, I've got Cajun relatives and Gambit's speech is somewhere about thirty miles past ridiculous.
Vote Cthulhu 2016

Offline Remy LeBeau

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 01:21:08 pm »
Of course his accent is outrageous!  Any time that you translate a spoken dialect into written word, you need to overemphasize the subtleties, making it almost a caricature of the accent it's supposed to represent.  Otherwise, the accent comes out in whatever accent the person reading it thinks/reads in as a first language.  The ridiculous aspect come into play in order to break the person's perception of the written text as in their own mental voice, and instead put it into the supposed way of speaking of the character.

Offline DrunkWino

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 01:25:08 pm »
I realize that, but it's so over the top that it makes the internet making fun of black-folks talk seem tame.
Vote Cthulhu 2016

Offline Adolf Von Sippycup

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 04:43:05 pm »
You forgot the "How you say... eh..."
In a perfect world the mentally handicapped will lead the blind.

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 10:10:56 pm »
eh?

Offline WestWind

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade
  • war boner is 6.26" long.
  • has 9 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Desert Wind
  • Ruler: WestWind
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 01:01:57 am »
Ehhhhhh.

Offline Preventer Wind

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 01:12:21 am »
Remy LeBeau dose this mean any thing too you?
SMHS-JROTC-AZ911
Enemies you threaten make armies.
Enemies you destroy make graves.
Shinsei says "Forgive and forget."
 Why? So you can fool me again?
I have Rick rolled 4

Offline Remy LeBeau

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 10:17:26 am »
@Preventer:  I'm afraid I don't, mate.  Am I a disgrace?  A failure?  Will you enlighten me?

@West, Ranter, Adolf:  Eyyyyyyyyyy!

@Wino:  Well, firstly, it's not done in a mocking fashion, so the subtex is totally different...Second of all, I'm not sure it's really comparable.  The stereotypical "making fun of black folks" internet nonsense automatically assumes a very specific persona, specifically that overtonicularized in the media as 'the gangsta'.  So not only is it making fun at a manner of speech, it's also making fun of a way of life.  Thirdly, in terms of over-the-topness, I'd hazard a guess that other accents, for example, the Scottish accent, or English or Irish to a lesser extent, is far more overexaggerated (like that redundancy?) than the Cajun, in both the spoken and the written word.

Offline DrunkWino

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 12:00:39 pm »
It's not offensive, if that's what your worried about. Cajuns don't really offend easy. They'd be the first to say that they sound funny to the rest of America, though, of course, they'd say that everyone else talks funny.

But trust me, having been in a room full of Cajuns a time or two, they're easily the most exaggerated. Except when they get excited about something, then it sounds a little more like the stereotypes.
Vote Cthulhu 2016

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 12:24:01 pm »
ehhh..... yeaa, eh? eh, eh? eh....

Offline Preventer Wind

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2008, 03:41:49 am »
I have a frind in high school whom used Remy LeBeau as a screen name all the time back in the day. Soo if you dont know your not him.
I have Rick rolled 4

Offline Dontasemebro

• What does the custom title look like
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the of the Bipolar War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Economics RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 12.48" long.
  • has 133 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: RIAland
  • Ruler: Dontasemebro
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2008, 03:47:12 am »
Fuck you all I like this guy.
My cat watches me have sex, he's not the only one.
Spoiler for Hiden:

You know you want to.

Offline Preventer Wind

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2008, 04:03:40 am »
Quote from: Dontasemebro
Fuck you all I like this guy.

Never said I did not like him just hope he was a frind from high school.
I have Rick rolled 4

Offline Remy LeBeau

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2008, 12:38:32 pm »
Heheh!  Thanks, mate!  

Uhm, unfortunately, Preventer, no, I am not your highschool buddy, but I'm sure we can be pals here.  Think of me as version 2.0, or some such.  

@Wino:  Grand.  Yeah, I didn't want to be offensive, but I also wanted to let you know that I'm aware it's an exaggeration, just for the sake of translating it into text.  

And now, as I'm required to respond to this thread every day for at least a week, and it seems as though the current topic, or thread, if you will, of conversation is winding down...

And so, I bring you...ehh...actually, I got nothing at the moment.  No sleep + too much caffeine = death to writing muses.  I expect y'all to back me up in case my RP partners start calling for my blood.  

I suppose I could randomly insult someone just to troll the thread into continuation, but that's not really my style....well, maybe something'll come to me.  After all, I gotta keep you fellows entertained somehow!

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 47 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317