Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Who's more evil?  (Read 2433 times)

Offline Damen

• RItiree - burritos
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
    • View Profile
    • http://
Who's more evil?
« on: June 13, 2009, 03:12:21 pm »
Stalin and Hitler we're both pretty bad, but in your opinion who was worse? The communist leader who would kill and torture his own for no reason whatsoever, or the fascist dictator who persecuted any in the way of the Aryan race?

It's hard to choose. On the one hand, Stalin forced starvation on farmers in the Ukraine by exporting 5 million tons of grain from the area to sell for weapons and thus committed an act of genocide, and Stalin's body count is higher than Hitler's (20-30million); Hitler, however, committed genocide and ushered in World War 2. Both had horrible ways of controlling their country. Stalin controlled using fear and force, killing or imprisoning anyone who would speak ill of him or his ways, and many people who we're completely innocent. Hitler controlled using fear and propaganda, blaming the Jews for everything and thus making them hated, not to mention the concentration camps that both countries had.

I expect Hitler to win the poll because he's focused on more because of World War 2, but personally I believe Stalin was worse.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 03:21:06 pm by Damen »

[23:02] loren: You're pants are very fun

Andy says:
lorens not responding so HI LORENS MOM
Andy says:
HELLO BARBARA
Andy says:
I KNOW YOUR NAME
Andy says:
I'VE SEEN YOUR DAUGHTER NAKED, HAVE YOU?
loren says:
FUCK YOU MAN
loren says:
SHE ALMOST SAW THAT
loren says:
O_O

[span style="color:#48D1CC"]I WILL NOT REMOVE THIS UNTIL KENNY DECLARES DEFEAT[/span] 8-2-07

Offline zblewski

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 9.2" long.
  • has 34 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Nowi Kaszuby
  • Ruler: Zblewski
Who's more evil?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 07:38:23 pm »
Stalin ushered in the repression of my people.

Nowi Kaszuby | Leader: Zblewski | CAPTAIN PLANET (Feb.-Aug. 2009) | Nations Anarchied For the RIA: 8

Quote from: Hyperonic
I just love unplugging that sum bitch just to watch y'all squeal.

C-zom

Who's more evil?
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 07:46:04 pm »
I was typing up a huge resposne when I realized its all just opinion. I find myself favoring Germany more than Russia but both did horrible things in WW2.

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
Who's more evil?
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 09:38:29 pm »
Quote from: zblewski
Stalin ushered in the repression of my people.
So you're choosing Stalin to be more evil because he affected you more than Hitler did. That's pretty damn selfish of you.

On a different note, I chose Hitler because he killed on a prejudice level, targeting Jews specifically for being Jews, as well as Homosexuals, communists, etc for same reason in different context.

Offline IronSoldier820

• TTK Ambassador
  • Cactuar
  • It's My Dick in a Box
    • View Profile
    • The Templar Knights
Who's more evil?
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 09:38:29 pm »
Really a good poll in some ways, but I just don't think there's a definite answer. They we're both so horrible, the only method of comparing either would be to compare one to the other. In the history of all mankind, no other two man have managed to cause such massive destruction in one life. Of course there have been and will always be other horrible dictators, but the problem with these two is they succeeded in an era where their situation allowed them to cause more death than even possible in centuries past.

Personally I voted Hitler, but just because of his reasons. I was tempted to say Stalin just because he killed more of his own people, but Hitler united a nation in the name of hate and racism. I don't think Stalin's rise to power was all that great either, but since both ended up being pretty bad, I decided to go based off how they got that way and say Hitler.

Quote from: Loren
I could care less if they murdered a town of babies, but if they killed the dog.. <__<

Offline Damen

• RItiree - burritos
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
    • View Profile
Who's more evil?
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 10:35:24 pm »
Quote from: IronSoldier820
Really a good poll in some ways, but I just don't think there's a definite answer. They we're both so horrible, the only method of comparing either would be to compare one to the other. In the history of all mankind, no other two man have managed to cause such massive destruction in one life. Of course there have been and will always be other horrible dictators, but the problem with these two is they succeeded in an era where their situation allowed them to cause more death than even possible in centuries past.

Personally I voted Hitler, but just because of his reasons. I was tempted to say Stalin just because he killed more of his own people, but Hitler united a nation in the name of hate and racism. I don't think Stalin's rise to power was all that great either, but since both ended up being pretty bad, I decided to go based off how they got that way and say Hitler.

Good point.

Andy says:
Andy says:
HELLO BARBARA
Andy says:
I KNOW YOUR NAME
Andy says:
loren says:
FUCK YOU MAN
loren says:
SHE ALMOST SAW THAT
loren says:
O_O

[span style="color:#48D1CC"]I WILL NOT REMOVE THIS UNTIL KENNY DECLARES DEFEAT[/span] 8-2-07

C-zom

Who's more evil?
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 01:24:01 pm »
Hitler united a country based on Nazism and remaking Germany, in which the fine print became reality VERY fast.

Stalin kept all his chain of command, government and people in fear. Killing off his entire military command for the hell of it/they were getting too good. All the genocide is hard to prove but if it happened, more reason to hate him.

Hitler: Charismatic, inspiration leader (To them, not me.) until post-blitzkrieg when he went totally insane and egotistical. And then the S.S got its wings and everything we know welp, thats history.

Stalin: Semi-charismatic dictator with an iron fist over the soviet union and all its command. Genocide, the "pariotic" war, removing food from entire villages to aid the eastern front, giving the order to execute soldiers that ran, etc.

Stalin's a move "evil" person. Hitler had a more "evil" regeme. There isn't any other way around that.

Offline BlutSaugger

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
    • View Profile
Who's more evil?
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 05:25:52 pm »
I picked Stalin. Hitler's problem was that no one listened to him. He was just sad and angry at the world. It's all Stalin's fault!

Offline Damen

• RItiree - burritos
  • God Emperor Cactus
    • View Profile
Who's more evil?
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 06:47:46 pm »
Quote from: BlutSaugger
I picked Stalin. Hitler's problem was that no one listened to him. He was just sad and angry at the world. It's all Stalin's fault!

No one listened to him? That's absurd. He took over Germany by building up his numbers of supporters using speeches and propaganda. He was an AMAZING orator.

Andy says:
Andy says:
HELLO BARBARA
Andy says:
I KNOW YOUR NAME
Andy says:
loren says:
FUCK YOU MAN
loren says:
SHE ALMOST SAW THAT
loren says:
O_O

C-zom

Who's more evil?
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 07:59:54 pm »

Er, what? Its the other way around. Hitler's speeches (Often written by Karl Dönitz...) inspired millions of sad and confused Germans. HE didn't listen to his Generals. Thats basically why Barbarossa and Typhoon failed.

Offline Shifty Stranger

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
Who's more evil?
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 08:24:00 pm »
I say Stalin.  You can understand Germany's anger in WW2 because of the hate they got in WW1. WW1 was a war where everyone screwed up. Germany was not a bad guy in WW1, if anything the bad guys we're Serbia, Russia, and the U.S. Germany had no reason to target Jews, but anger towards the rest of the world can be understood.

Totalitarian Communism started by Russia has led to way more deaths and unneccessary wars than Facism has.

Stalin regime: Even if you are a loyal member to the USSR you still have a chance that you will be killed

Hitler's Regime: If you play along chances are you won't die.

So if you are a citizen that falls under the category of acceptable, you'd be better of in Germany.

If you are considered unacceptable, you are screwed in either nation.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 08:30:16 pm by Shifty Stranger »
¬_¬

When life gives you a lemon throw it back.

Offline BlutSaugger

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
    • View Profile
Who's more evil?
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 10:31:11 pm »
During his time as dictator they listened, yes, but before then, he was just mis understood and un heard

Offline DrunkWino

Who's more evil?
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 02:05:18 pm »
I give Uncle Joe the edge cause Hitler was batshit insane with rage.

I'm sure that makes no sense in and of itself, so here's the slightly longer version:

Everything Hitler did post WWI was fueled by his own rage at having lost that war. His mind snapped and with his gift at speaking was able to whip up enough support in Germany, who's people we're in bad shape already due to the Treaty of Versailles, that people got behind him. Then, predictably, after gaining power his rage led to all of his atrocities. Through it all, even though his rage blinded him, he honestly did want what was best for Germany.

Uncle Joe on the other hand, that motherfucker was just ruthless. That dude just wanted his way, and killed anyone that disagreed or told him what he wanted was against the laws of physics. He wasn't fueled by rage, only his paranoia. I honestly don't think he gave a shit about Russia, the USSR, communism, or any living thing on the planet. He just wanted power.

Hitler always struck me as a deranged rabid animal while Stalin gives me the impression of evil with a face.
Vote Cthulhu 2016

Offline Damen

• RItiree - burritos
  • God Emperor Cactus
    • View Profile
Who's more evil?
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 10:57:23 pm »
During his time as dictator they listened, yes, but before then, he was just mis understood and un heard

He rose to power by joining the Workers Party and he rose BECAUSE he was a great speaker. They didn't listen because he was dictator, he was dictator because they listened.

Andy says:
Andy says:
HELLO BARBARA
Andy says:
I KNOW YOUR NAME
Andy says:
loren says:
FUCK YOU MAN
loren says:
SHE ALMOST SAW THAT
loren says:
O_O

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
    • http://flaskbear.newgrounds.com/
Who's more evil?
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2009, 04:53:50 pm »
It's an opinion. Both are evil in their own ways. Both suck.

Hyperonic ~ "I finally have enough evidence to prove that Flask is in fact a bear."
Kaiser ~ "This topic is a lie. Flask has thought of everything ever."

Offline Aaron

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • Awards One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has colonized the Moon!
    • View Profile
Who's more evil?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 07:03:18 pm »
Stalin was worse. Hitler at least knew how to run a country, and wage a war.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 07:03:49 pm by Aaron »

Offline Crunka

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 4.32" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/thecolourofmusic
Who's more evil?
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2009, 05:50:43 pm »
i chose hitler.

at least stalin helped stop hitler.

but most points have already been said and are good. c-zom, there's a slight sense of admiration/amazement towards hitler in your post. (NOT CALLING YOU A NAZI OR ANYTHING)
"it's better to live one day as a lion[/size] than a thousand years as a lamb"
[/i]

check out my flickr!
check out my band: The Color of Music
check out my cock

Offline Damen

• RItiree - burritos
  • God Emperor Cactus
    • View Profile
Who's more evil?
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 02:27:23 pm »
Quote from: Crunka
i chose hitler.

but most points have already been said and are good. c-zom, there's a slight sense of admiration/amazement towards hitler in your post. (NOT CALLING YOU A NAZI OR ANYTHING)

Part of why Stalin helped stop Hitler was because Hitler was a threat to Stalin.

Andy says:
Andy says:
HELLO BARBARA
Andy says:
I KNOW YOUR NAME
Andy says:
loren says:
FUCK YOU MAN
loren says:
SHE ALMOST SAW THAT
loren says:
O_O

C-zom

Who's more evil?
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2009, 03:03:18 pm »
Quote from: Crunka
i chose hitler.

I keep a neutral standpoint on both sides (Stalin vs Hitler.). Germany achieved some badass things during the early stages of the war. Hitler degraded, and fucked up pages worth of scenarios. No admiration, just aknowledgement that the Wehrmacht knew what it was doing.

C-zom

Who's more evil?
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2009, 03:07:51 pm »
That said, the red army during the end of the war more or less annihilated the remnants of barbarossa and even though they payed for every foot, their industry and will was amazing. Russia's industiral output was second only to the USA, which really only used it to build fucking Shermans.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.409 seconds with 46 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317