Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: I've been playing Pokemon Yellow for awhile now  (Read 1244 times)

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • The Taste of Jeff Goldblum
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Karma War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • war boner is 9.5" long.
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
I've been playing Pokemon Yellow for awhile now
« on: May 04, 2012, 01:59:54 pm »
Two friends of mine and myself started playing the first generation of Pokemon games.

I'm Yellow, and they are playing Blue and Red.

We are playing on emulators and we are becoming serious Pokemon Masters.

We came across a big problem though. When we wanted to do our first battles and trades with each other, we found out the emulator we used supported link battles for Gameboy Advance games and not original Gameboy games.

So, we were about to feel like promelons until I did a bit of research and found a solution to our problem.

When we want to battle it the fuck up or trade some Pokemans

we close our Gameboy Emulators

and open up an N64 Emulator

and play Pokemon Stadium.

And, yeah, it works.

Sorta, anyway. You'll notice my cartridge on this screen is Blue, rather than Yellow. For some reason, I have serious issues using a Yellow game in Stadium. Like, permanently corrupting all my boxes problems.

I just use my Pokemon Yellow save file with a Blue rom in the 64 emulator, and it works fine. No problems yet.

We are playing this pretty seriously.

Here's a picture of my junk box.

Yeah, I'm literally catching like ten of each Pokemon I want to train and using the one with the best stats. I also catch them at the lowest level possible.

I have boxes full of just junk like this.

Anyway, here's my team. It's pretty boring, not going to lie.

Yeah, I have a Mew. Caught it "legitimately". No Gamesharking.

Honestly, it doesn't even matter if we aren't Gamesharking, because we are exploiting things like the Missingno glitch and Mew glitch anyway. Mew is the only Pokemon I have that was obtained this way.

Really, this is about who is better at these games by any means necessary.

My team sucks, but these guys are fucking beefed. These are top quality Pokemon. They aren't perfect in genes, but they are up there.

I haven't used many TMs yet, so these guys mostly have standard moves. The only TMs I used were Ice Beam on Blastoise and Toxic on Venusaur. That Venusaur is ridiculous because of Toxic and Leech Seed. I really don't intend on modifying it any further.

Need to get rid of Rage and Leer on Charizard, but Slash and Flamethrower will probably stay. Not too interested in Fire blast, but we'll see.

I'll probably replace Raichu's Slam with something better. That's not my starter, I traded for another Pikachu. My starter Pikachu Pikablows.

Alakazam's Disable will be replaced. Not sure what I'll replace it with though. Maybe Thunder Wave or Substitute.

I'll probably replace Blastoise's water gun with Surf or Hydro Pump. Either would be fine.

As far as Mew goes, no clue. I'm thinking I'll keep Transform because it's proven itself useful plenty of times (getting out of speed penalties due to Paralysis). Metronome is going to be fucking gone and so is Mega Dumb.

The team is killer based on it's high stats at the moment. It demolishes average level 50s in stats. Blastoise is probably my worst on this team.

Ideally, I'd like to get a good Parasect perhaps. It's a great Mewtwo killer.

I have a Porygon, but I haven't been very impressed with him. His stats kinda blow and his gimmick sucks.

I still have a lot of progress before I have a team I'm satisfied with. However, my team is on average winning most of the time. Until Joe got a fucking Mewtwo.

Yeah, we do have a rule on legendaries. Only one a party. We do consider Mew a legendary. Really, the only reason I had him in my team was to counter Joe's Mew. But, now he has a Mewtwo and I have to think smarter.

Anyway, does anyone know of anyway to play battle or trade over the Internet in any way? There isn't really a lot of support for Gameboy Linkage out there.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 02:06:11 pm by Abe Simpson »

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the Karma War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
Re: I've been playing Pokemon Yellow for awhile now
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 02:01:58 pm »
By the way, I'll post instructions on getting Pokemon Stadium to accept your Pokemans if there is interest. It took some work to get an ideal setup so I'll be able to save you some time.

Offline Gangs

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • LEGENDARY SPACE SUPER WARRIOR!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Veteran of the Karma War Has been a member of the Recruitment Leadership Team One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has donated money for the RIA Has been a diplomat Has been a Foreign Affairs director
  • war boner is 13.72" long.
  • has 165 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Shadortha
  • Ruler: Pancaeks
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 03:55:08 pm »
Ahh, ye olde pokemon yellow.
How I miss it so.

* Gangs decides to play again.
<%Leo[RIA]> it's better to be feared than respected
<%Leo[RIA]> especially if you lost that respect mentally raping them with spam
Yeah, fuck you.
Those kind of pictures really don't do it for me. To each their own, I suppose.
Not enough goats?
Oh look, a kenny, i have found.
He likes his tits, all firm and round.
He's old as hay,
Some think he's gay.
His hair is purdy, it touches the ground.

Offline Arsenal 10

• Officer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • SPIEZ MASTER!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has colonized the Moon! Four years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Economics Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Illuminati War Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been a diplomat RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 19.29" long.
  • has 250 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Goonville
  • Ruler: Arsenal 10
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 05:59:34 pm »
I'm sure I already have this on my laptop and was able to battle my friends. Let me have a look.

EDIT: Wait, no I don't. :(
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 06:01:10 pm by Arsenal 10 »
Chillaxin since 3/23/2008

Quote from: Moth
On the contrary, I think we're being very unserious about this. If we were serious about this situation, it would have been settled in a matter of hours.
Quote from: cctmsp13
If you're good enough for Arsenal, then you're good enough for me.
Quote from: pielord47
Arsenal, have I mentioned how large my mother told me your cannon was? She said it was HUGE.

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Hero of the RIA The Disorder War Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Economics Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat
  • war boner is 13.69" long.
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: My new new Nation
  • Ruler: The decimator
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 02:59:56 am »
kenny, this is awesome. I <3 you double forever. how does you do it?

also, you should get a Starmie because its water and electric type. Also the paralysis on thunder-wave is fucking hilarious.

also i heard http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/PkMn_%28C5%29 is pretty legit.

i also recomend http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Glitch_Trainer#Generation_I using trainers to fight your battles for you.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 03:03:02 am by Brian »
please ignore the above post, it is most likely worthless and a waste of your time to read.
TL;DR go on with your life while you still can.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 09:12:00 am »
kenny, this is awesome. I <3 you double forever. how does you do it?

also, you should get a Starmie because its water and electric type. Also the paralysis on thunder-wave is fucking hilarious.

also i heard http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/PkMn_%28C5%29 is pretty legit.

i also recomend http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Glitch_Trainer#Generation_I using trainers to fight your battles for you.

Yeah, I'm aware of a lot of the glitch Pokemon. Unfortunately, none of them will work in Stadium, I believe.

They show up as Substitutes.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 09:28:21 am »
Also, how to do this:

The 64 Emulator used is Project64 1.6...easily obtainable from this website: http://www.pj64-emu.com/

The controller plugin that comes with this is too old to support emulating Transfer Paks. So, we need to get the latest version of that.

There is two versions of the plugins you can use

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nragev20/

The newest version here works well. You'll need to substitute your Pokemon Yellow rom for a Blue or Red one though. I am pretty sure the only thing you are missing out by not using a Yellow rom is a talking Pikachu. You can still earn the surf bonus no matter which rom you use.

But, if you really want a talking Pikachu, I've had success with this one here:

http://members.chello.at/n-rage/dinput8/plugins/nrplugin2_182.zip

This one works for Yellow just fine...but I had problems getting more than one controller recognized.

Anyway, you drop the DLLs in the zip file in your Project64's plugin folder.

To setup the transfer pak, you need to select your new Input plugin. You do that through Project64.

Under Options > go to Settings

The first menu screen you see will allow you to select plugins. Select the newer version of the NRage plugin.

After you do that, go back to Options > then Configure Controller Plugin

This is where you setup your transfer pak. You'll need to select the rom file you want to use and then your game save.

It doesn't matter what Gameboy emulator you use. They all typically dump the same data. Your save file will probably end in .sav and be located in the same folder as your emulator or rom file.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 09:32:25 am »
Also, be smart and make backups of your Pokemon file.

VisualBoyAdvance has a save game function that makes a save state. I have a folder full of different points of the game.

HUGE WARNING: Reloading a save state automatically replaces the .sav file with what should be reflected in the save state.

So, if you accidentally load the wrong save state, you just instantly lost your progress.

Now, of course, this is just reflecting how VBA works. Other emulators may do things differently. But, I doubt it.

Also, if you start seeing weird stuff in Stadium (boxes full of glitched Pokemon), do NOT save at ALL through Stadium. Basically any kind of trades, item or Pokemon management will cause the save file to be altered.

If you see glitched boxes, you should still be fine playing the regular game. Anything that modifies the save file will cause damage though.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 09:34:01 am »
By the way, for a literally perfect guide to Red/Blue/Yellow

http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/index.htm

This site has it all. You'll learn things about the game you had no idea about.

Like how worthless the Ghost type is against Psychics and why.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 09:35:55 am »
Also, yes, Pokemon Stadium 2 and Gold/Silver/Crystal work absolutely fine.

You will notice graphical issues across both games (Stadium 2 has a problem where you can't see the type of the attack), but the game is absolutely playable.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 09:40:59 am »
I've been doing research on other Pokemon games and emulation.

Dolphin, the Gamecube and Wii emulator, DOES have GameboyAdvance support much like Project 64 and it's transfer pak does.

So, this means, you can play with the 3rd and 4th generation games on Pokemon Colosseum.

And, actually, I'm pretty sure that emulator supports online play.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 09:41:41 am »
Oh, by the way, the GB Tower in both stadium games doesn't work, so don't even bother.

Also, it's worth noting, that one emulator that I use called Mednafen by default will dump it's savs in a compressed format. This will NOT work with Pokemon Stadium (or other GB emulators).

You can turn these features off and things will work fine.

I think Mednafen is a Linux only thing, though. Linux users will want to use it because all the other emulators on Linux suck, but be sure to check the configuration and disable GZIP.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 09:44:20 am by Abe Simpson »

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2012, 09:49:30 am »
Also the paralysis on thunder-wave is fucking hilarious.

Thunder Wave is amazing. You should never count on Paralysis on stopping a Pokemon from attacking you, however. The best use of the Paralysis status is the speed drop. It will slow down a Pokemon.

Here's a scenario that actually happened.

My Mew was going up against a Jolteon with Pin Missile.

You don't really want your Psychics to be against this kind of combination. Jolteon is fast and Pin Missile, because of it's Bug Type, will be Super Effective.

My Mew was slower than this Jolteon. It used Thunder Wave on me so my Mew as now paralyzed and even slower.

However, I used Transform and my Mew copied the Jolteon's CURRENT speed. We were now the same speed despite my Paralyzed status. I then used Thunder Wave and that Jolteon was now slower.

Generation I certainly has some broken and interesting charm to it.

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Hero of the RIA The Disorder War Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Economics Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 07:11:53 pm »
holy shit, it just hit me, that 64 emulator can run online.... that means....we could pokemon stadium..... over the interbutts......

i literally just came in my shorts...

found this http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=558

also, what do you think would happen if i used my old level 172 hypno on stadium?
please ignore the above post, it is most likely worthless and a waste of your time to read.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2012, 07:54:52 pm »
holy shit, it just hit me, that 64 emulator can run online.... that means....we could pokemon stadium..... over the interbutts......

i literally just came in my shorts...

found this http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=558

also, what do you think would happen if i used my old level 172 hypno on stadium?

Well, Stadium in general doesn't like illegal Pokemon.

To be fair though, anyone worth their salt in battle would demand opponents to box their Pokemon before battle anyway.

When Pokemon are boxed, their stats are recalculated.

This is useful, because if you level up all the way to 100 with Rare Candies, stats continue to improve but without leveling up, you won't see this change. Boxing them will recalculate everything and your stats will go up.

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2012, 08:14:40 pm »
I have never played a pokemon game, of any sort, ever

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2012, 08:24:18 pm »
why? pokemon first gen is literally better then sex. i would know from the large amounts of pokemon i have played.

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been a Triumvir Six years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Baldr War Five years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been Head of Military Operations Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Karma War Has been Head of Internal Affairs Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has donated money for the RIA Has colonized the Moon! RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 21.03" long.
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Jenne
  • Ruler: Jenne
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2012, 09:28:03 pm »

why? pokemon first gen is literally better then sex. i would know from the large amounts of pokemon i have played.
You're obviously banging the wrong dudes.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2012, 02:48:28 pm »

Basically it's an RPG.

RPG isn't too bad, but that could be nostalgia.

Really, you play the games just to play with other people, IMO. At least with these early games. I'm sure the later games in the series are a lot more fun by themselves.

Ultimately though, Pokemon is way more fun with other people whether trading or battling.

Offline Kenneth Kenstar

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 166 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2012, 02:51:52 pm »
By the way, if anyone is playing Pokemon Blue, I could use a Meowth.

I can get you a Scyther, Growlithe, Mankey, or Oddish in return.

I guess we'll just trade save files to do the trade. If anyone can get ahold of Project64 1.7, we might be able to do online battles, but I'm not exactly too confident in that.

I'll look up again if there is any other way we can Poke a man.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.383 seconds with 45 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317