Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: lol, heroism?  (Read 1081 times)

Offline OFudd

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has colonized the Moon!
  • war boner is 8.94" long.
  • has 10 llamas
    • View Profile
lol, heroism?
« on: May 29, 2008, 01:31:20 am »
soldiering aint all that.  its a job.  not a heroism.  i certainly never gave anybody freedom of the press, allowed a flag burning, or any of that other shit.  thank god for reporters and constitutional lawyers and etc.  that is where america is getting in trouble.  we havent had to defend one grain of american soil since ww2, and it will be a long time before that day comes again.  when it does, your average guy will pick up a gun and do what has to be done.  he still wont be a hero, he'll just be a normal guy defending his home.  nothing special about america in that respect, your typical russian or japanese or irani would feel the same.  if you really want to support veterans, how about using your vote to ensure less of us are being created.
Drkistan link
 cows and pigs

Offline Preventer Wind

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
lol, heroism?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 02:13:09 am »
we havent had to defend one grain of american soil since ww2
9/11? That was not US soil?
My wife is over there as we speek and I thank her every day. Her and Atonichis would mot likely disagree that that was US soil that we are defending.
As long as mankind exists in this world there will always be battles. And denouncing battles will never lead to peace. It’s natural for this world to continue fighting. Soldiers are making an effort to construct a new future as we speak. Those that fight have a sense of satisfaction, And those in actual combat are not perceived as being tainted. A life is too precious to be replaceable. It’s because one faces an enemy and risks their own precious life that amid all of the sorrow the soul of a soldier will shine with honor and nobility.
Any way lets just remimber the fallin and pray for the one that have yet to.
Enemies you threaten make armies.
Enemies you destroy make graves.
Shinsei says "Forgive and forget."
 Why? So you can fool me again?
I have Rick rolled 4

Offline Adolf Von Sippycup

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
lol, heroism?
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 02:57:20 am »
Quote from: OFudd
soldiering aint all that.  its a job.  not a heroism.  i certainly never gave anybody freedom of the press, allowed a flag burning, or any of that other shit.  thank god for reporters and constitutional lawyers and etc.  that is where america is getting in trouble.  we havent had to defend one grain of american soil since ww2, and it will be a long time before that day comes again.  when it does, your average guy will pick up a gun and do what has to be done.  he still wont be a hero, he'll just be a normal guy defending his home.  nothing special about america in that respect, your typical russian or japanese or irani would feel the same.  if you really want to support veterans, how about using your vote to ensure less of us are being created.
I thought they said no anti-war shit. *Bans you from this thread*

I support our troops 100%! And soon, I'll be one of them! (I'm going to join the National Guard as Military Police. The recruiter said that since I'm joining as Military Police the chances of me being sent to Iraq are around 90-95%. He suggested I waited until the next President to start pulling troops back before joining if I don't want to be sent overseas.)
In a perfect world the mentally handicapped will lead the blind.

Offline OFudd

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has colonized the Moon!
  • war boner is 8.94" long.
  • has 10 llamas
    • View Profile
lol, heroism?
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 04:44:07 pm »
your wife is defending new york city?  that's good, a stronger border patrol and homeland defense is what we need.  too bad we are almost 7 years later and it's still neglected.  and OBL is still at large, hundreds of thousands dead and wounded in a pathetic sideshow in Iraq.

the only way you could think combat doesnt taint you is if you never did it.  read "dispatches" from vietnam, "this kind of war" from korea, "thin red line" from ww2, "all quiet on the western front" from ww1, "red badge of courage"   the shining honor and nobility is a myth peddled by generals, politicians, recruiters, and bought by those who have never fought (and most people who "go to war" dont fight).  ask any of your relatives who served in the 1940s or any other war, in the infantry or in a fighter/bomber crew or on a surface warfare ship or sub.

but, if you really think it's so great to fight, maybe I'll see you over there on my next deployment.  along with the president's kids.  

If in some smothering dreams you too could pace  
Behind the wagon that we flung him in,  
And watch the white eyes writhing in his face,  
His hanging face, like a devil's sick of sin;  
If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood  
Come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs,  
Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud
Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,  
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,  
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est  
Pro patria mori.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 04:50:47 pm by OFudd »
Drkistan link
 cows and pigs

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • Awards Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Dave War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War One year of Random Insanity Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
  • war boner is 6.76" long.
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Pterrydactyl
  • Ruler: Pterrydactyl
lol, heroism?
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 05:30:27 pm »

It appears we have someone who has NO FUCKING CLUE about life...

I'm sorry, but I seem to remember september 11th...

not to mention all of the stateside terrorist threats that don't make the news.

Like the guys who were gonna attack that mall in new york?  Stoped by US Army Intelligence when they intercepted communications between AQI and the terrorists

What about those guys in Georgia who were setting roadside bombs?  Stopped by a combination of DOD and NID.

You seem to have a VERY warped view of reality.

I hath been to Iraq and back, and I've also been involved in stateside operations against terrorists who had plans for attacks.  The reason it's not in the news is because we are VERY good at our jobs.
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's stop calling it trolling
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's call it what it really is, okay?
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Art

Quote from: Leo
Some days I think Mia is totally wrong and that I am completely normal. Today is one of those days.

Quote from: Dontasemebro
I just got off the phone with my ex and I know that no females are reasonable

Quote from: Abe Simpson
Leo
I think you are the most annoying poster on this site, honestly.
You are like two llamavores with twice as many animals fucking.
Your posts make me reconsider how long I've been here.
I honestly wonder if you are actually Chris Tucker.

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • Awards Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Dave War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War One year of Random Insanity Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
lol, heroism?
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 05:32:50 pm »
Quote from: Adolf Von Sippycup

I support our troops 100%! And soon, I'll be one of them! (I'm going to join the National Guard as Military Police. The recruiter said that since I'm joining as Military Police the chances of me being sent to Iraq are around 90-95%. He suggested I waited until the next President to start pulling troops back before joining if I don't want to be sent overseas.)

DON'T JOIN MP.

Seriously, you get the biggest shaft out of them all, and everyone who ISN'T an MP hates you.

If you really want a fun job, try going to a 96B or 97B.  I think I had the BEST possible job in the army as a 96B10/20.
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Some days I think Mia is totally wrong and that I am completely normal. Today is one of those days.

Leo

Offline Preventer Wind

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
lol, heroism?
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 05:34:29 pm »
not perceived as being tainted
I have Rick rolled 4

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
lol, heroism?
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 05:40:52 pm »
The ONLY point I will give ofudd any credit for is the war tainting.

However, I'm guessing if he is military, he's probably supply or something cause I saw plenty of combat.

I've been shot at, blown up, mortared, and snipered.

LUCKILY, I've never been hit...

I think my closest two incidents were:

Driving on the road and a IED exploded about a foot in front of our vehicle, but it was buried too deep so it just covered us in mud and dirt and Iraqi general sewage/slop

and the second one was when I was pulling security at a cordon for an IED in my turret a round went about an inch over the top of my head and we opened fire on the rooftop it came from.

Then, theres the time I was on guard when a guy was trying to sneak up on us, not realizing that we have nightvision goggles.  I was given permission to engage him with the .50 too, but since the unit the .50 belonged to wasn't maintaing it I only fired one .50 round before it jammed.  It did it's job though.  blew the hill near him apart when it hit and he went running.

Oh, there's the time that we were at an Iraqi airfield and a sniper was shooting at us.   he was horrible though, and he didn't hit anyone.  Just ground and vehicles.  I think they sent someone to go get him but I dun remember.

Then, theres the time a mortar landed on the building next to the one I slept in.  Nearly brought the whole thing down on us.

Oh, and the time our old chow-hall was hit with a 120mm mortar and blown to pieces.  Luckily, it was shortly after we opened up the NEW chow hall that was incased in concrete supported with steel.

I could go on, but the rest of them aren't as intresting as those...
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Leo

Offline Adolf Von Sippycup

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
lol, heroism?
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 12:26:56 am »
Quote from: Atonichis775

DON'T JOIN MP.

Seriously, you get the biggest shaft out of them all, and everyone who ISN'T an MP hates you.

If you really want a fun job, try going to a 96B or 97B.  I think I had the BEST possible job in the army as a 96B10/20.
My long time goal is to be a Police Officer. Military Police pretty much gets me all set up for that. I understand no one's going to like me, it's going to be just like being a regular cop. I'm going to be the bad guy that everyone hates because I have to get them in trouble. I'm fully prepared for it and I'm fine with that.

Question for Atonichis775: Did you ever fight Scorponok?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 12:34:00 am by Adolf Von Sippycup »
In a perfect world the mentally handicapped will lead the blind.

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
lol, heroism?
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 01:49:24 am »
Quote from: Atonichis775

DON'T JOIN MP.

My long time goal is to be a Police Officer. Military Police pretty much gets me all set up for that. I understand no one's going to like me, it's going to be just like being a regular cop. I'm going to be the bad guy that everyone hates because I have to get them in trouble. I'm fully prepared for it and I'm fine with that.

Question for Atonichis775: Did you ever fight Scorponok?

If you want to be a police officer, 96B or 97B is DEFINATLY the way to go.  Thats Military Intelligence BTW if I didn't say before.  Specifically, 96B is an intelligence analyst (or Tactical intelligence analyst if your in a Cavalry unit) and 97B is interrigator.

You get a top secret SCI/DCID clearance which lasts for 5 years, and a secret clearance that lasts for 10.  I'm actually in the process of applying to a police department, and my Military experience puts me ahead, PLUS, my clearance puts me even father ahead since they don't need to do the background check

I had 4 years active and 1 year overseas.  Currently, the only thing holding me back is a knee injury which is the reason I was discharged from the Army.

And to answer your question:
Yes.  But don't tell anyone...

<_<
>_>

But seriously

If your REALLY considering military service i hvae some suggestions:

GOTO COLLEGE WHILE YOUR IN.
Seriously, take as many online classes as you can.  It convets into Promotion points after you attend WLC as Specialist and can get you into NCO ranks FAST.  Plus, you can get time off to goto the school.

Ask for Station of choice AND a sign-on bonus.

They recruiter will lie and say you can't have both.  Tell him it's both or you won't sign up.
He will get you the waiver within a few days.

Now, you won't get as big of a sign-on bonus, but it's worth being able to pick where you go for your first year (yea, it's only guranteed for a year), BUT, usually if it's your first duty station, it will end up being your duty station for a long time.  Just don't pick Fort Stewart or Benning.  They both SUCK and you get stuck at them.  We refer to georgia as the "black hole of the army" because once your stationed there once, even re-enlisting with station of choice you won't be gone forever.

We actually had someone re-enlist to goto germany and he left.  We were back in the states for 14 months before our redeployment and he came back a month before my unit left to join them again.  He was REALLY PISSED.

If you wanna do relatively safe staff-work, ask for Fort huachuca.  It's on top of a mountain, but they don't deploy overseas because it's the home of the military intelligence academy.

If you want to go overseas however, ask for 10th mountain.  They goto afghanistan all the time.

Volunteer for ANY AND ALL CLASSES they offer.

Even if it sounds bad.

Field Sanitation might sound horrible, but you get promotion poiints, which in most MOS' can be hard to comeby.

I think the fastest promoting MOS right now is 13f (Fire support something-or-other), with 96B being almost right behind it.  You can EASILY make Staff Sergeant in 96B in under 4 years, but you'll probably not make Sergeant First Class for at least 8-9 years becuase there are so few.

Anyway, if you want more information, just let me know
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 01:59:00 am by Apophis775 »
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Leo

Offline Preventer Wind

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
lol, heroism?
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 02:22:43 am »
Me Grimlock love Atonichis war story.
Atonichis Tell Grimlock bout petrol rabbits agin.
I have Rick rolled 4

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 36 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317