Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: suggest me music?  (Read 2258 times)

Offline Grand Poobah Marx

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been Head of Economics Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • war boner is 5.89" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: North Place
  • Ruler: Grand Poobah Marx
suggest me music?
« on: May 14, 2008, 08:59:38 pm »
I like Vampire Weekend, Depeche Mode, Death Cab for Cutie, Coheed and Cambria, Blue Oyster Cult..

Basically a mix of pop/rock.  Some '80s and '90s shit...

Anyway, suggest a band!  I'm getting an iPod soon and need to fill it up.

Thanks!
Master Raider

[span style="color:#48D1CC"]cave laborem[/span]

Quote from: llamavore
I say listen to the gay jew.

Offline Preventer Wind

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
suggest me music?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 09:01:06 pm »
Look for some "swamp blues" or " death punk"
Enemies you threaten make armies.
Enemies you destroy make graves.
Shinsei says "Forgive and forget."
 Why? So you can fool me again?
I have Rick rolled 4

Offline Prozach

• Cactus
    • View Profile
suggest me music?
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 09:54:37 pm »
i can only suggest punk rock, ska punk, hardcore punk, gypsy punk, skate punk, and surf punk

70's- 00's  

Offline Remy LeBeau

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
suggest me music?
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 09:56:48 pm »
You like classic rock?  How about Led Zeppelin?  What about glam rock?  You know, Van Halen, maybe Meatloaf?  

Howzabout Queen?  Keane?  Jack's Mannequin?  

Weezer seems like a great choice for you, since they're basically a precursor to Vampire Weekend's rocktonic sound...plus, they just straight up rock.

Oh, if you like DCFC, you'll like the Postal Service since, you know, they're basically the same band.  Also, Explosions in the Sky is a REALLY cool instrumental band, so if you like super mellow, chilled out instrumental rock, I'd check them out.  They're great when you gotta do work, and just need to veg.

Pedro the Lion

Snow Patrol

Jimmy Eat World

The Bravery

The Fray

Modest Mouse

Deep Purple

Of course, none of these are original suggestions.  I just went to www.Pandora.com, an excellent website that uses the Music Genome Project to identify similarly sounding bands to the ones you like, and plays 'em for free.  It's a win-win situations:  All these artists get to be heard for a small sum, and you get great, free music!  Check it out!  Or, if you prefer not to, I'll just keep posting new band suggestions as they come up.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 10:59:36 pm by Remy LeBeau »

Offline Preventer Wind

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
suggest me music?
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 12:08:04 am »
This is SO WIN
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU</a>
Enemies you threaten make armies.
Enemies you destroy make graves.
Shinsei says "Forgive and forget."
 Why? So you can fool me again?
I have Rick rolled 4

Offline The One Free Man

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
suggest me music?
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 12:10:43 am »
Quote from: Remy LeBeau
You like classic rock?  How about Led Zeppelin?  What about glam rock?  You know, Van Halen, maybe Meatloaf?  

Howzabout Queen?  Keane?  Jack's Mannequin?  

Weezer seems like a great choice for you, since they're basically a precursor to Vampire Weekend's rocktonic sound...plus, they just straight up rock.

Oh, if you like DCFC, you'll like the Postal Service since, you know, they're basically the same band.  Also, Explosions in the Sky is a REALLY cool instrumental band, so if you like super mellow, chilled out instrumental rock, I'd check them out.  They're great when you gotta do work, and just need to veg.

Pedro the Lion

Snow Patrol

Jimmy Eat World

The Bravery

The Fray

Modest Mouse

Deep Purple

Of course, none of these are original suggestions.  I just went to www.Pandora.com, an excellent website that uses the Music Genome Project to identify similarly sounding bands to the ones you like, and plays 'em for free.  It's a win-win situations:  All these artists get to be heard for a small sum, and you get great, free music!  Check it out!  Or, if you prefer not to, I'll just keep posting new band suggestions as they come up.
I applaud your music choice. You sir are amazing.
it'd be nice if i crapped marshmallow rainbows but that doesn't mean it'll happen

My Nation

Offline Remy LeBeau

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
suggest me music?
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 01:00:18 am »
Quote from: The One Free Man
I applaud your music choice. You sir are amazing.

Heheheh, thank you sir!  However, as I mentioned, a number of those suggestions, namely the Bravery, the Fray, Deep Purple, and Snow Patrol to a lesser extent, are unfamiliar to me, and were introduced by the previously advocated website.  To that list, I would like to add:

Interpol

Franz Ferdinand

The Shins

Clap Your Hands*

Petshop Boys*

Smashing Pumpkins

Siouxsie and the Banshees*

Soft Cell*

Arctic Monkeys*

Note:  Bands marked with an asterisk (*) are bands I am mostly or wholly unfamiliar with, and have instead been introduced to me by the Music Genome Project, via the medium of www.Pandora.com

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Has been Head of Economics Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
suggest me music?
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 06:16:41 am »
Yeah, thanks Remy!  Pandora's awesome!  I just checked it out!

EVERYONE GO THERE!  pandora.com
Master Raider

Offline the infamous

• Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://soundclick.com/jimmykent
suggest me music?
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 07:28:47 am »
You match your friends to your principles, not your principles to your friends.

Offline Drop Your Pants

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Stop staring at the bugs
  • Awards Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Karma War
  • war boner is 1.39" long.
    • View Profile
suggest me music?
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 07:47:10 am »
I won't suggest music since Cradle of Filth and Dimmu Borgir could never be considered "a mix of tonic/rock"

Offline MotherAfrica

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
suggest me music?
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 08:46:57 am »
Howd you type P-O-P without setting off the "Tonic" filter
I am taking over Planet bob.

... and so far ive gotten banned...

But ill be back with my mass army of ...

Offline Vice Man

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has colonized the Moon!
    • View Profile
suggest me music?
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 11:23:56 am »
Dear Pandora Visitor,

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative.

Fuck.
KENNY SAYS CHILLAX

Offline Nicolás San Jorge

• RItiree - burritos
  • Baby Cactus
  • Awards Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
    • View Profile
suggest me music?
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 12:42:01 pm »
I hear many things as the things that you hear. If you want things a little bit dark, you can hear Siouxsie & the Banshees, The Cure, Echo & the Bunnymen. If you are more synth oriented, Yazoo, Erasure, Kraftwerk, Soft Cell, Cabaret Voltaire, Ultravox are very good bands, but in fact the are very p o p.

I recommend www.musicplasma.com
Just put your favorite artist and you'll have a few recommendations.
If anything, only faith.

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
suggest me music?
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 04:49:31 pm »
Quote from: MotherAfrica
Howd you type P-O-P without setting off the "Tonic" filter

lol  Admin powers.

Thanks for all the music guys, I'm checking it out!
Master Raider

Offline —-

• Cuba
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 7 llamas
    • View Profile
suggest me music?
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 07:21:27 pm »
Well... Depends...

Guns N' Roses, Foo Fighters, Jet, The Black Crows, OK Go, Rolling Stones, The Kinks, Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, The Strokes, etc...

Offline Shyox

• RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave
  • war boner is 0.26" long.
  • has 29 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Casterly Rock
  • Ruler: leonardothered
suggest me music?
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 09:27:24 pm »
The Killers. The Killers. THE KILLERS. I can't stress it enough, but they kick Panic! and The Bravery's ass. You've probably heard them on the radio. They've got three albums out, though one is just a compilation of some stuff that didn't make the other albums, with a few new singles mixed in.
Honestly though, they're really great. I listen to their CDs all the way through, and I usually never do that with a band. I think they're going to be the new Beatles, honestly. They're just that good to me.

For 90's stuff I'd check out Goo Goo Dolls and Matchbox 20, they were the kings of that era.

Foreigner just fucking Rocks, Kansas rocks harder, and Styx is a classic staple as well.

David Bowie was the 80's king, so you should check out him as well.

My personal favorite, who were way ahead of their time, Electric Light Orchestra.

Nirvana is pretty good for 90's as well, but they're SO overplayed that you get tired of them quick.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 09:30:00 pm by Shyox »
A Lannister always pays his debts

Offline Prozach

• Cactus
    • View Profile
suggest me music?
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 09:28:55 pm »
Bad Religion, Dead Kennedys, The Adicts, the Misfits, Agent Orange, NOFX, The Descendants, the Germs, The Adolescents, Operation Ivy, Gogol Bordello

thats a few of my favorites

Offline KingRanter

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
suggest me music?
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 10:04:03 pm »
Linkin Park, Papa Roach, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Rise Against, Red, OneRepublic and some Creed, is all i listen to, and im good with all that. check that out, idunno if any of that's been suggested

Offline Prozach

• Cactus
    • View Profile
suggest me music?
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2008, 08:12:13 pm »
im an anti linkin park fan  

Offline —-

• Cuba
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 7 llamas
    • View Profile
suggest me music?
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 08:22:29 pm »
Oh man. Matchbox 20 is like RHCP. I can't listen to them without getting angry. o_o I don't know why either.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.239 seconds with 46 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317