Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Dear RIA,  (Read 2783 times)

Offline Crunka

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 4.32" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/thecolourofmusic
Dear RIA,
« on: May 10, 2008, 03:53:18 pm »
...and it sucked. they held a blood drive at my school and i thought it would be cool to sign up and help out my fellow human being, plus it would get me out of class and thus a presentation which i had not finished.

i totally forgot that the blood drive was on thursday, thank god i had breakfast. i got to school and saw a bunch of booths and people from the blood bank. anyway, they pulled me out of class and asked me a bunch of weird questions, such as:

-have you ever had sex in africa in 1977?
-did you have a blood transfusion in the UK before 1982?
-have you ever had sex for drugs or money?
-have you ever given someone drugs or money for sex?
-have you ever had sex with someone that had sex for drugs or money?

...and so forth.

so after they took my blood pressure, pulse, and a sample of blood from pinching my finger, they made me lay down on this bed thingy.

i have to admit, i was a little nervous, i mean, i'm not afraid of needles or blood (i love the color, texture, and taste of blood), or anything for that matter, i was just a little nervous. i was shaking, probably from the cold, it was very cold there, plus, i'm a guy that shakes a lot. the nurse looked at me and asked "are you ok?" to which i nodded my head. she prepped me up.

the needle went in, it didn't really hurt, it was just a sharp pinch (it's a thicker needle in order to get blood out more efficiently). she left it in there (on my left arm) and went to attend other students. i felt very uncomfortable, i felt the needle inside of me, and the blood burritos my body, although it wasn't anything to really complain about, it was still a weird feeling.

four or five (can't remember) minutes in, i lost any feeling from my limbs. i kept shaking. i imagine i looked pale (i'm mexican and have somewhat of a tan), so the lady once again asked me if i was ok, i replied as before. she walked away.

after seven minutes, i just wanted to rip that fucking needle that was robbing me ever so rapidly out of me. i was extremely lightheaded, it was freezing. now, this part is now a big blur to me, i must've lost a lot of oxygen. the nurse came back and told me she could just take the needle out, which would make my blood useless, or, "tough it out" as she put it. i chose the latter, after learning there were only three minutes left. "are you feeling hot?" she said, on the contrary, i was "freezing," i told her. she put a bag of ice under my head.

those three minutes were horrible, i can't remember what happened during that time, i just remember it was unpleasant. however, once it was done, the lady took the needle out of my arm, i didn't feel anything. i remember slurring something to her, some nonsense like: "no, don't, i don't want my blood to go to waste." my eyes began closing. everything was dark, it felt like i went into a deep sleep.

"keep your eyes open!" yelled one of the male nurses. rapidly, i opened them, "cough deeply!" he yelled. the coughs were extremely shallow, they felt uncomfortable. every time i blinked, my eyes would stay close, until the nurses told me to open them i would regain consciousness. it felt like years until i finally awoke.

once i stabilized (i was still shaking), i kept laying down. i remember looking at my right hand, it was cramped in a weird position. i tried moving it, but nothing seemed to work, it looked like it was just skin and bones. similarly, my other hand was also cramped in a different position. it appeared as if i had rigor mortis.  my limbs were cement. i regained some movement after a while.

the nurses came back and told me to sit up on the bed. i was still lightheaded and shaky. i began hyperventilating, they gave me a bag to breath into. i couldn't put the bag completely over my mouth, for my hands were still cramped. after several attempts, i managed to use it correctly. it stopped after a minute. i tried drinking some water, but it was difficult due to my hands.

the blood rushed in to all parts of my body. i began moving my fingers, little by little, i recuperated. for some reason i began laughing, probably becausee of how idiotic i looked, or because i was so damn lightheaded. anyway, after about five minutes, they took me to this chair were i layed there and managed to get cookies (oatmeal) and juice (apple). although i was still shaking, it was not as bad as before. twenty minutes later i went back to normal, except for the shakes.

i went back to my class and proceeded with my day.

overall, it was an experience, not good, not bad. i guess i'm pre-diabetic or something. i need more sugar (than average) in my blood or i'll pass out or whatever.

would i do it over again? yes. except i would film it so i could laugh at it later one.

will i be donating next year? no. fuck that.

TL;DR: SPOILER: i died.
"it's better to live one day as a lion[/size] than a thousand years as a lamb"
[/i]

check out my flickr!
check out my band: The Color of Music
check out my cock

Offline Stinky Cheese

• Cactus
    • View Profile
Dear RIA,
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 04:48:18 pm »
you died? where should i send flowers?

Offline Preventer Wind

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
Dear RIA,
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 04:52:34 pm »
Im sure that you life flowie juices are well used and liked by the Men and Wemon over seas.
Enemies you threaten make armies.
Enemies you destroy make graves.
Shinsei says "Forgive and forget."
 Why? So you can fool me again?
I have Rick rolled 4

Offline crazyisraelie

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Has been Head of Recruitment Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been a Foreign Affairs director Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 5.4" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Kingdom of Zion
  • Ruler: crazyisraelie
Dear RIA,
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 05:04:03 pm »
Lulz I can never give blood.

Yes I am a self righteous asshole. Deal with it.

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the War of the Coalition
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
Dear RIA,
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 06:47:22 pm »
chicks dig shaky guys

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Ganon5

• Furious Panda
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has colonized Mars! Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 0.7" long.
  • has 67 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=797919207
  • Nation: Desperation
  • Ruler: Furious Panda
Dear RIA,
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 07:57:44 pm »
Damn son!
I was worried something like this would happen when I donated blood since I have lowish (but not really low) blood pressure. But luckily all I got was a little light-headed

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • Awards Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Dave War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA One year of Random Insanity Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
  • war boner is 6.76" long.
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Pterrydactyl
  • Ruler: Pterrydactyl
Dear RIA,
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 01:25:56 am »
Quote from: Preventer Wind
Im sure that you life flowie juices are well used and liked by the Men and Wemon over seas.

Nope, Blood for the military can only be gotten from military organizations.

Thats part of the problem, we can't get blood from the general toniculation easily.  I mean, the VA does drives, and so does the VFW, but not many people attend them.  Usually when we need blood overseas, they just call everyone with the needed blood-type to an aid-station ask us questions, take the blood, then take a test-tube which they USUALLY test before giving the blood out.  I mean, there was one time after a really bad attack on the IZ that they came by the building I was working in and pulled blood from everyone for immediate use.  They just asked the questions WHILE drawing the blood.  It pretty much straight into the people who needed it.

But then again, that was a REALLY bad day...

Your story also motivated me to give one of my "needlepoint" stories as my NCO used to call them.

You see, I have been diagnosed with Vaso-vagal Trypanophobia, which basically means I have a "Irrational fear of needles"  or something like that.  ANYWAY, we had CLS class, which meant we had to Give and receive "Combat IV's"  Thats a bit different then a regular IV.  It uses a little bit bigger needle and it a LOT more painful.  Well, lets start at the beginning:

First day we read the books and learn how to do it: I was fine.

Second day we "practices on dummies"  I didn't want to do it, but didn't really have a choice.  I eventually succeded and passed the first test.

Third day was generic medical knowledge about other stuff

Fourth and last day was the final test:  We had to give and receive an IV.

This is where it gets fun.  Because I was paired with a SGT who outranked me he was going to give me the IV first.  I went totally pale and the medics checked my bloodpressure (which had actually skyrocketed).  At first, it was too dangerous to do it because of the blood-pressure so we waited a bit.  Once it was safe, he started getting it ready again, and I re-paled and blood pressure rose again.  Well, this time they said to just go ahead and do it.  The medic held my arm down, fearful becuase of stories about what happened the day we received vaccinations (story for another time).  Well, they put the needle in and my blood shot out of the back of the cathiter (i think it's called?) across the table and onto the flood in a quick spirt.  The medic quickly connected the tube from the liquid into the back of the catheter which was now overflowing with my blood and held it up so that it would put fluids in.  At this point, I was EXTREMELY woozy and when he released my arm and I looked and saw the needle, well, A combination of my extreme DISLIKE of needles and the phobia kicked in and I was unconcious seconds later.

Next thing I remember is the medic standing next to me waking me.  Then, it was my turn to give an IV, which went slightly better (there was no unconciousness) but was equally intresting.

First, they had put a band-aid on the spot on my army they did the shot but it was still bleeding a little (apparently, my high blood pressure was stopping clots from forming??).  Well, I started to get his arm ready and got to the point where I had to put the needle in.

Now, one of the WORST things about needles for me is watching them break the skin.  I can't even watch it on TV without turning away at least once.  Well, I COULDN'T turn away, or I might break the vein or cut his arm open or hurt him.  So, while turning pale, I put the needle in and then hooked up the cathiter.   During this time, I felt a warm liquid on my arm.  I figured I was just sweating or something and ignored it (We were wearing BDU tops at the time, which are long-sleeved)  After we were done, I pulled out the needle and put a band-aid on his arm.  The medics actually said I had done much better then they expected.  Thats when I noticed that my arm had a bloodstain on it where they had given me the IV, we took off the BDU top and saw that the blood hadn't clotted and it had been bleeding, which resulted in a trip to the AID Station and NEARLY a trip to the hospital (Luckily, I recovered enough to FLEE from them)

Later, they told me that the problem was my blood-pressure was high, and since they had put the IV into a Vein, the speed the blood was traveling was pulling the clots away before they could take effect.  Needless to say, It was NOT my favorite day...

You know, maybe I'll write a book or memoirs or something about all my crazy experiences in the Army.  I could DEFINATLY write a WHOLE LOT just about the funny circumstances where I was injured/bleeding/unconcious...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 01:44:06 am by Apophis775 »
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's stop calling it trolling
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's call it what it really is, okay?
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Art

Quote from: Leo
Some days I think Mia is totally wrong and that I am completely normal. Today is one of those days.

Quote from: Dontasemebro
I just got off the phone with my ex and I know that no females are reasonable

Quote from: Abe Simpson
Leo
I think you are the most annoying poster on this site, honestly.
You are like two llamavores with twice as many animals fucking.
Your posts make me reconsider how long I've been here.
I honestly wonder if you are actually Chris Tucker.

bioakky

Dear RIA,
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 01:46:23 am »
If they were that desperate, they probably had a bunch of people in critical situations, so it didn't really matter if they got the wrong type, since they would have died either way.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 01:46:37 am by bioakky »

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • Awards Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Dave War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA One year of Random Insanity Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
Dear RIA,
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 01:51:39 am »
Quote from: bioakky
If they were that desperate, they probably had a bunch of people in critical situations, so it didn't really matter if they got the wrong type, since they would have died either way.

No, they matched type, but they didn't check for diseases and such.

As a result, they tested everyone who was given the blood (and had survived the procedures/attack) for a variety of diseases.  I don't know the results, but they said anyone who had gotten a disease as a result of the emergency transfusion was to be awarded 120% disability (meaning they'd get paid FULL disability and 20% of that) for the rest of their life for themself and a current spouse.
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Some days I think Mia is totally wrong and that I am completely normal. Today is one of those days.

Leo

Offline Lanna

• Ministress of Secks
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
    • http://realbigcheese.livejournal.com/
Dear RIA,
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 11:07:49 am »
Damn... *hugs*
Lebanese Proverb: Lower your voice and strengthen your argument.

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • Awards Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 4.97" long.
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
Dear RIA,
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 01:07:50 pm »
I donate other peoples blood
Ruling over pie since that one time a couple years ago.

Quote from: Wikipedia Article for Portal
Wolpaw further describes the idea of using cake as the reward came about as "at the beginning of the Portal development process, we sat down as a group to decide what philosopher or school of philosophy our game would be based on. That was followed by about 15 minutes of silence and then someone mentioned that a lot of people like cake."

Offline APCalcGirl

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
Dear RIA,
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 05:35:52 pm »
i got very angry with blood drives because during a school blood drive, one of my friends said he was told he couldnt give blood because he was gay and was sent back to class.  I got SO PISSED, cuz i really dont think thats fair.
Don't Drink and Derive :)

You have two cows. One of them is an anticow. They touch. Now you have no cows. Or planet.

Differential Calculus
You have 2.

Indefinite Integral Calculus

You have cow2/2 + C.

In Soviet Russia, two cows have YOU!!!

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=187189

Offline Delta1212

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards The Disorder War Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of Great War III RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War Has assisted the HoIA in the Internal Affairs dept Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has colonized the Moon! Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been a Triumvir
  • war boner is 16.44" long.
  • has 107 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Verspasia
  • Ruler: Delta1212
Dear RIA,
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 05:59:36 pm »
That's interesting. I actually like watching needles break the skin. Seriously, I love it, but in a much less creepy way than I think it probably sounds. I just find it aesthetically pleasing.

Quote from: crazyisraelie
Lulz I can never give blood.
It's 'cause your a Jew.  
It's ok Delta, the mods still love you.  But the forum skin is not a user and we cannot warn it.

<Away_Srqt[PG13]> thanks for satisfying my girlfriend delta
<Away_Srqt[PG13]> I appreciate it

The Truth about Scientology

Offline dark tyrant

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
Dear RIA,
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 07:09:50 pm »
You humans may be the ones chosen to inherit my Makers legacy..but I am doubting your kinds sanity. Its a wonder you have not fallen to the Flood already.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country." -General S. Patton Jr.

Don't make me angry, I'm running out of places to hide the bodies.

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
    • http://flaskbear.newgrounds.com/
Dear RIA,
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2008, 12:18:38 am »
Quote from: APCalcGirl
i got very angry with blood drives because during a school blood drive, one of my friends said he was told he couldnt give blood because he was gay and was sent back to class.  I got SO PISSED, cuz i really dont think thats fair.

Are you sure he wasn't just telling you the excuse he had made up to get out of it? I seriously doubt that the people running the drive would do that...

Hyperonic ~ "I finally have enough evidence to prove that Flask is in fact a bear."
Kaiser ~ "This topic is a lie. Flask has thought of everything ever."

bioakky

Dear RIA,
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008, 05:36:49 am »
No really. Gays can't give blood.

Other donor characteristics are also taken into account: in 1985 the Food and Drug Administration issued a policy prohibiting blood donations from homosexual or bisexual men, specifically from any "male who has had sex with another male since 1977, even once,"[7] or from IV drug users or recent immigrants from certain nations with high rates of HIV infection. The continued inclusion of men who have sex with men on the prohibited list has created some degree of controversy.[8] The FDA cites the public policy need to protect the blood supply from HIV and similar diseases as justification for the continued lifetime ban, while others believe the ban to be discriminatory, since sexually active heterosexuals are not categorically banned and all donated blood is screened. Policies vary in other countries; for instance, Australia formerly had a similar ban, but now only prohibits donating blood within one year after male-male sex (longer than the typical window period for HIV blood screening tests performed on donated blood). In Finland the parliamentary ombudsman launched an investigation on the possible unconstitutionality of the life-time ban in January 2006. The investigation continues as of December 2007.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 05:38:42 am by bioakky »

Offline Flask

• Flaskington Bearonimus
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • has 1 llama
    • View Profile
    • http://flaskbear.newgrounds.com/
Dear RIA,
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2008, 01:15:17 pm »
EVERYONE CAN GET HIV.

WTF.

Hyperonic ~ "I finally have enough evidence to prove that Flask is in fact a bear."
Kaiser ~ "This topic is a lie. Flask has thought of everything ever."

bioakky

Dear RIA,
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 01:30:37 pm »
That's probably from the time of "Only gays who have anal sex can get HIV/AIDS."

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
Dear RIA,
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 11:49:16 pm »
Hey, if you want I can give you another one of my "needlephobia" stories.

You can pick between either:

The medic who's arm I almost broke

The time I got small pox

Pre-war vaccinations

Giving a blood-sample in a hospital (was almost sedated)

Let me know which.  They are all equally-needle related.

It's strange, but I think i'd rather be shot then get injected/needled...
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Leo

Offline Preventer Wind

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
Dear RIA,
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 12:53:03 am »
Pre-war vaccinations
Reo said they are fun. Anthrax? is so win from what I hear.
Enemies you threaten make armies.
Enemies you destroy make graves.
Shinsei says "Forgive and forget."
 Why? So you can fool me again?
I have Rick rolled 4

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 43 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317