Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress  (Read 6218 times)

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the War of the Coalition One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2008, 12:33:13 am »
-.- why do you want/need mist

you could try cutting the fall up with ledges like soo:

v<<<waterfall
v
_v
v_
_v

anyways. BE FOREWARNED: you know where i dug that really deep pit under the bridge? down a few levels and a little bit due south is an isolated magma chamber. magma man kicked my ass.

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Commisar Gaunt

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2008, 07:58:25 pm »
o lawd

of course I play DF

I was the one who started this thread

Offline Untelligent

• Wandered out west to the California coast where the folks who know 'bout Frostiness stay Frostiest the most
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • Awards Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has colonized Mars!
  • war boner is 19.75" long.
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: zoqfoqpiksting
  • Ruler: Untelligent
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2008, 08:36:14 pm »
Added Gaunt to Untelligent's Official List.

1. Llamavore
2. Untelligent
3. OFudd
4. Commisar Gaunt

Oh, and Llamavore: mist makes dwarves happy. Can't imagine why, but it does.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 08:38:02 pm by Untelligent »

We all live in a yellow submarine, we hate the stupid thing, we want to paint it green

Quote from: Hyperonic
I'm going to code some shit into these boards that stops you guys from posting because holy shit

Stay Frosty.

llama, don't say intelligent things.
This.

What the fuck llama.

Offline OFudd

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has colonized the Moon!
  • war boner is 8.94" long.
  • has 10 llamas
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2008, 11:41:49 pm »
Quote from: llamavore
-.- why do you want/need mist

you could try cutting the fall up with ledges like soo:

v<<<waterfall
v
_v
v_
_v

anyways. BE FOREWARNED: you know where i dug that really deep pit under the bridge? down a few levels and a little bit due south is an isolated magma chamber. magma man kicked my ass.

I think mist gives the happy thought, and a falling column doesnt make any mist.  i tried the ledge approach but it makes water puddle out around the area.  not dangerous I think but it's muddy.  I'm pretty sure an up/down stairway is the best way, as I recall from my early disasters it makes mist but doesnt cause any puddles (except at the bottom).  Gaunt feel free to go before me I am gonna be occupied another couple days with some projects I wanna perfect before I start my term in office.

which brings up a question.  using "fluid logic" I want a floodgate/drainage system that will release exactly 7n units of water into a chamber at the pull of a lever, then reset and refill so that next time I pull the lever the same thing happens again.  this is for farm irrigation.  also, a drowning chamber that triggers when an enemy/animal steps on it, fills with water for a few minutes, then flushes the corpse to a grate by the butcher which I will open at my convenience.  or if it's non-drownable, I'll use it for bow practice.  of course the chamber should reset automatically.  I was thinking of building my trade depot inside one of these.  don't know if elves can drown?  maybe some spikes at the end would seal the deal.  ooo can I make a bloody waterfall?
Drkistan link
 cows and pigs

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the War of the Coalition One year of Random Insanity
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2008, 11:37:37 am »
as far as i can tell, spikes dont do -any- damage except when hooked up to spring out of the ground. even if you fall on them there is apparently no damage in addition to falling damage. so to use them you'd want to rig them so they jump out of the ground due to whatever trigger. but also, they kill friendlies too. (good for killing immigrants!)

i'm not experienced with floodgates and drains. i've created flood rooms for irrigation before; using an 8 tile chamber filled 7/7 with water to irrigate a 49 tile farm chamber. even then the water didn't make it all the way across the room.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Untelligent

• Wandered out west to the California coast where the folks who know 'bout Frostiness stay Frostiest the most
  • RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • Awards Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has colonized Mars!
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2008, 12:30:49 pm »
Why would you want to kill immigrants?

We all live in a yellow submarine, we hate the stupid thing, we want to paint it green

I'm going to code some shit into these boards that stops you guys from posting because holy shit

Stay Frosty.

This.

What the fuck llama.

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2008, 03:53:10 pm »
Quote from: Untelligent

theee tik ir jhiiiiiibbz

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline OFudd

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has colonized the Moon!
  • has 10 llamas
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2008, 03:14:16 am »
Quote from: Untelligent

theee tik ir jhiiiiiibbz

yeah and they bring lag
Drkistan link
 cows and pigs

Offline Untelligent

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2008, 04:36:04 pm »
>_< Great, now no immigrants will come on my turn because of all the immigrants you guys killed. Fuck.

Stay Frosty.

This.

What the fuck llama.

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2008, 09:53:15 pm »
I didnt kill any. that was all hypothetical.

-ponders the construction of a cougar pit-

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline OFudd

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • has 10 llamas
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2008, 12:27:32 am »
I didnt kill any. that was all hypothetical.

-ponders the construction of a cougar pit-

perfected my repeating farm irrigation, 12-story collapsing trade depot (elf skulls make great totems), goblin spiking pit, and "live sasquatch" marksdwarf firing range... next is a "safe" noble killing chamber.  the fucking baroness didnt get her fucking fine pewter piccolo mandate, so jailed a fucking legendary weaponsmith who went crazy and took a little swim with the carps.  so now she's got legendary quarters and dining room,
and she's too fucking self-absorbed with what she used to do with piccolos in bandcamp to notice the little floor grate in the corner behind the statues.  and to think about why there is a floodgate and lever installed outside in the hallway...  sweet dreams.  "the water is rising.  the bitch is making a plaintive gesture.  the dwarves are laughing"
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 01:50:20 am by OFudd »
Drkistan link
 cows and pigs

Offline Untelligent

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2008, 01:03:13 pm »
How's our fortress coming?

Stay Frosty.

This.

What the fuck llama.

Offline Untelligent

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2008, 08:36:12 pm »
Yay, new version (0.27.173.38a) is done.

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/dev_now.html

Stay Frosty.

This.

What the fuck llama.

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #93 on: February 05, 2008, 11:47:42 pm »
get someone else on the succession thingie, ofudd's too busy

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Commisar Gaunt

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2008, 07:44:30 pm »
HOW IS EVERYONE

Offline Nitemarebforcrismas

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2008, 11:33:51 pm »
GTFO!!!

My Nation
I refuse to Chillax... e_e

Offline King Pengu

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2008, 09:49:27 am »
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x12/TobiasBroesamle/Smilies/GTFO.gif
Dwarf Fortress
<--Click to meet

This Signature has been made by Mudkip. All rights on this Sig are reserved to Mudkip.

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2008, 02:35:46 pm »
ya gtfo

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Untelligent

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • NO MORE RHINO
  • has 64 llamas
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2008, 10:14:08 pm »
=D Armies coming soon!

Stay Frosty.

This.

What the fuck llama.

Offline OFudd

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • has 10 llamas
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #99 on: June 01, 2008, 01:18:57 am »
blowing the walrus?
Drkistan link
 cows and pigs

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.7 seconds with 46 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317