Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Assassin's Creed  (Read 1221 times)

Offline dragonvizard

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://
Assassin's Creed
« on: April 12, 2008, 02:49:42 pm »
Alright, Assassin's Creed just came out for the PC a couple of days back. Now, the real question is,"Is it really that good?" I mean, i've watched the movies and everything, and the game looks absolutely gorgeous. Oblivion is like the only game that looks just as good as Assassin's Creed.

I've read all the reviews the game has received and its been mixed so far. IGN has given it 7.8(for the PC) while Gamespot has given it 8.5(for the PC). It's really annoying when a game gets mixed reviews because, you never know whether it is good or not.

Voice Your Opinion!!!!

Sry guys, I posted this twice(but misspelling Creed, just made me uneasy)

Offline the infamous

• Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://soundclick.com/jimmykent
Assassin's Creed
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 07:39:06 pm »
Quote from: dragonvizard
Alright, Assassin's Creed just came out for the PC a couple of days back. Now, the real question is,"Is it really that good?" I mean, i've watched the movies and everything, and the game looks absolutely gorgeous. Oblivion is like the only game that looks just as good as Assassin's Creed.

I've read all the reviews the game has received and its been mixed so far. IGN has given it 7.8(for the PC) while Gamespot has given it 8.5(for the PC). It's really annoying when a game gets mixed reviews because, you never know whether it is good or not.

Voice Your Opinion!!!!

Have completed it, and let me say, it is awesome. Frankly awesome.

It's a good story, lacking in places, and just silly in others. But what makes it amazing is threefold:

the gameplay - oh boy. oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. I get wet just remembering it. The ability to go around a city and do what the hell you want is unparralleled since GTA. Rampage and kill civilians if you like (just not too many). Ignore stealth entirely, like I did, and just perfect counter moves so that you can annihiliate a whole city full of guards in one fight (if they don't pussy out and run away from you). Sneak around like an absolute master. Climb pretty much anything, dart around like Mohammed Ali, jump off the highest buildings in every city. Mate, seriously, if you don't play this game you are missing out.

the graphics - they are good. they are excellent. they are fucking astonishing. did I mention that they were good. other than Madden 08 on the PS3, I'm struggling to think of any new games on the same level. the physics, the shadows, the lighting, it's all absolutely sumptuous stuff, gorgeous to a tee.

the immersion - I struggle to remember any console game (because that's how it should be played, on the 360 or PS3) which dragged you kicking and screaming in to so complete a world as this. granted, by the time you get to the end of the game and you're saving you umpteenth citizen, it's a little familiar, but it doesn't really ever get boring. the cities are enormous and inviting, the music and dialogue is engaging, with some particularly great voice acting, and, while the meta-plot is ridiculous, what goes on in the cities themselves can be seriously entertaining.

It really is a great game, even if you're just gonna play it the once through.
You match your friends to your principles, not your principles to your friends.

Offline the infamous

• Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://soundclick.com/jimmykent
Assassin's Creed
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 07:41:03 pm »
But then again (he says, having just noticed the "for the PC" in the first line), I don't think it would translate to PC well. I play al ot of games on both PC and consoles, and I'd like to think I have a pretty good feel for what works on each. RPGs tend to suit PCs, combat and skill-related games suit the console. Assassin's Creed, it must be said, is about skill in combat, and timing, and is, therefore, IMLTHO, a console game.
You match your friends to your principles, not your principles to your friends.

Offline The One Free Man

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
Assassin's Creed
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 09:09:08 pm »

Voice Your Opinion!!!!

I liked it and it's definitely worth getting but it does get rather repetitive with the assassinations basically doing the same thing for every target.
Quote from: llamavore
it'd be nice if i crapped marshmallow rainbows but that doesn't mean it'll happen

My Nation

Offline Sheck0

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
Assassin's Creed
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 10:24:18 pm »
Quote from: The One Free Man

Voice Your Opinion!!!!

I liked it and it's definitely worth getting but it does get rather repetitive with the assassinations basically doing the same thing for every target.

This. Also, I got a good laugh at the roof hopping and the "Leap of Faiths". You would probably be better off "borrowing" it from the internet or renting it if you have a 360/PS3.

Offline Gangs

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • LEGENDARY SPACE SUPER WARRIOR!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Veteran of the Karma War Has been a member of the Recruitment Leadership Team One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has been a diplomat Has donated money for the RIA Has been a Foreign Affairs director
  • war boner is 13.72" long.
  • has 165 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Shadortha
  • Ruler: Pancaeks
Assassin's Creed
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 02:59:56 pm »
ITS FRIGGIN AWESOME IS WHAT IT IS < YES ALL CAPS!!! FRIGGIN AWESOME, you dont have to do the same things,the game has a LOT of depth if you can be bold enough to dig a bit deeper!i was!those days my parents didnt see me for weeks! i played the friggin game 3ice THRICE!!!!
edit: o btw gravedig,just had to cause i love AC so much!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 03:00:41 pm by gangs20003 »
<%Leo[RIA]> it's better to be feared than respected
<%Leo[RIA]> especially if you lost that respect mentally raping them with spam
Yeah, fuck you.
Those kind of pictures really don't do it for me. To each their own, I suppose.
Not enough goats?
Oh look, a kenny, i have found.
He likes his tits, all firm and round.
He's old as hay,
Some think he's gay.
His hair is purdy, it touches the ground.

Offline Aaron

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactus
  • Awards One year of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has colonized the Moon!
    • View Profile
Assassin's Creed
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 10:28:43 am »
Quote from: gangs20003
ITS FRIGGIN AWESOME IS WHAT IT IS < YES ALL CAPS!!! FRIGGIN AWESOME, you dont have to do the same things,the game has a LOT of depth if you can be bold enough to dig a bit deeper!i was!those days my parents didnt see me for weeks! i played the friggin game 3ice THRICE!!!!
edit: o btw gravedig,just had to cause i love AC so much!

Its a fucking awesome game, the story is pretty epic tbh. The game play is amazing, good combat system.

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
Assassin's Creed
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 05:18:33 pm »
not to be confused with Assassin's Seed: Anal Retribution

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
    • View Profile
Assassin's Creed
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 05:45:28 pm »
heres the deal
i personaly think it was a good game
pretty, good story, good characters
but,
it is repative, very much so.
if your computer is not an epic win it will recruit it analy if you try to play on high settings
and some people just didnt like it.
i dont know why

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Flask)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Flask)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]"Former HoFA, Remember? Back When Moth Was Good At Government. When The Crops Were Healthy And The Birds Sang. The Birds Don't Sing Any moar. Moth Had The Birds Executed By Firing Squad The Day Of His Election To Triumvirate. Now The Crops Are Dead. Sucks."[/quote]

Offline Ganon5

• Furious Panda
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of Great War III RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the War of the Coalition Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA
  • war boner is 0.7" long.
  • has 67 llamas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=797919207
  • Nation: Desperation
  • Ruler: Furious Panda
Assassin's Creed
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 06:52:41 pm »
I think this had maybe been resolved around June 5 last year...

Watch this:

[embed src=\"http://www.youtube.com/v/i-5uiB9a1yA&rel=1\" type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" wmode=\"transparent\" width=\"425\" height=\"355\"][/embed]
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 06:54:04 pm by ganon5 »

Offline Fake from State Jarm

• Khakis
  • RIAer
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War
  • war boner is 12.91" long.
  • has 212 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Clichesia
  • Ruler: Huffy MacSmucklesberg
Assassin's Creed
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 03:11:17 am »
I didn't stop him

LOL I'm kidding I'm not coming back to CN. >_>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
I have half a mind to ban your ass until the cabinet decide what to do with you, partly because you made me close like 25 threads and now I have to decide where to throw them

Offline Agent Lemon

• Troll Legend
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Funktuar
  • Awards The Disorder War Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Inductee of the Golden Dong Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Recruitment One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been a Triumvir
  • war boner is 11.31" long.
  • has 149 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Citrus Empire
  • Ruler: Agent Lemon
Assassin's Creed
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 11:03:40 am »
What the hell.

Offline 1ofkind

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
Assassin's Creed
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009, 10:29:03 am »
swords, and hopping around while chopping people up is boring to me
Muay Thai - Strength Training - Battle Rifles - (ex) Paintball Professional - C&C:RA2 - COD4:MW - My Nation

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 39 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317