Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: overheard at lunch  (Read 6535 times)

Offline Prince Tomb

• Funktuar
  • Awards Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Internal Affairs
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/nemesisknight
overheard at lunch
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2008, 06:17:24 pm »
Quote from: wethepeople
Thats a possibility, Tomb. Anything is possible really. -Shrug-
There is a version... not a version i believe in mind you but one that has facts that COULD  be true if you really stretch your imagination.

In this version there were 3 brothers(yes male so already a point against this version) born all at the same time named Allah, God, and Lucifer. These 3 were to created and watched over all. God however became obsessed w/ being the best of the three and cast his greatest rival, Lucifer to watch over Hell (which i do also do not believe is as evil as Christians believe) and then turned his attention to the last brother, Allah.

Like i said not a version i believe but certainly an interesting look at religion
<Prince_Tomb> This is RIA and wat we make it is wat it is

Ambassador to the United Purple Nations (UPN)
Ambassador to The Phoenix Collective (TPC)
The oRIAn Trading Belt

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Loren)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Loren)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]You're an awesome HoE ^__^

lol that sounds wrong. XD[/quote]
<Nitemarebforcrismas> I know...
<Nitemarebforcrismas> I've never been kicked by you before though
<Nitemarebforcrismas> You kick so good...
<Nitemarebforcrismas> @_@
<Nitemarebforcrismas> lol

wethepeople

overheard at lunch
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2008, 06:19:42 pm »
Quote from: pielord47
God created Lucifer to be his right hand kinda guy.
God lets us do things because he wants us to make our own choices. This is why we can talk and think unlike dogs and cats.
God does not kill directly. And plus since he is perfect anything he does isn't a sin.

Yeah. Right hand men find out about their partners feelings and secrets. Luficer blew the big one when he saw the light of God. That he was both good, and evil.
I know that. And humans are as important as animals, dude. But different arguement right there. Just because we have free will doesn't mean he didn't do anything wrong.

Offline Joker

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nothingface/
overheard at lunch
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2008, 06:19:42 pm »
Quote from: Flask
I'm not arguing with you, Joker, even though you seem to want to. I'm stating my opinion, and nothing more.

Opinions are not inviolate like some people think, and if you have ones people disagree with, especially if they aren't very solid ones, expect people to argue against them.

And C-Zom I'm not quite sure what you got out of my post...so...I don't know if you want to rephrase your post in response to mine, or what. But for the rest of the topic...well, let's just say I don't really have the patience to wade into debates and discussions that have already been going on for a while without me.  
Now in NpO. Take that as you will.

Offline Reoga

• Economics Leadership
  • Funktuar
  • Poke rights not poke fights
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition IIDA Graduate and Cadet Has recruited a member into the RIA Has colonized the Moon! Has been Head of Internal Affairs Has been Head of Economics Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has donated money for the RIA Veteran of the Karma War Has been a diplomat One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Four years of Random Insanity Five years of Random Insanity Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War
  • war boner is 8.75" long.
  • has 87 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Legion of 2000
  • Ruler: Reoga
overheard at lunch
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2008, 06:19:46 pm »
Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy.
Ben franklen.
I can swim
Light a fire for a man warm him for a night
Light a man on fire warm him for the rest of his life
First Immortality then the Bitches
my dear psychopath stop raeping them
Wino

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • Awards Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 4.97" long.
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
overheard at lunch
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2008, 06:20:10 pm »
and who praytell birthed these people?
Ruling over pie since that one time a couple years ago.

Quote from: Wikipedia Article for Portal
Wolpaw further describes the idea of using cake as the reward came about as "at the beginning of the Portal development process, we sat down as a group to decide what philosopher or school of philosophy our game would be based on. That was followed by about 15 minutes of silence and then someone mentioned that a lot of people like cake."

Offline Prince Tomb

• Funktuar
    • View Profile
overheard at lunch
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2008, 06:20:57 pm »
BTW the Free Masons(yes they exist even today) believed that Lucifer is not Gods creation but his brother, twin to be exact and neither is wholely evil or good.

This is more wat i believe

The oRIAn Trading Belt

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Loren)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Loren)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]You're an awesome HoE ^__^

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • Awards Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
overheard at lunch
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2008, 06:21:07 pm »
even if God does do something that creates something wrong, he fixes it
and he always will

Wolpaw further describes the idea of using cake as the reward came about as "at the beginning of the Portal development process, we sat down as a group to decide what philosopher or school of philosophy our game would be based on. That was followed by about 15 minutes of silence and then someone mentioned that a lot of people like cake."

Offline dark tyrant

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
overheard at lunch
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2008, 06:21:09 pm »
God lets us do things because he wants us to make our own choices. This is why we can talk and think unlike dogs and cats.
God does not kill directly. And plus since he is perfect anything he does isn't a sin.

YO NUTJOB!!! I"M TALKING TO YOU!!!

WHEN THE HELL AM I GOING TO GET MY REPLACEMNT RELIGOUS WACKO SENSOR!!!
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country." -General S. Patton Jr.

Don't make me angry, I'm running out of places to hide the bodies.

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
overheard at lunch
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2008, 06:21:38 pm »
you aren't

Offline Prince Tomb

• Funktuar
    • View Profile
overheard at lunch
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2008, 06:21:46 pm »
and who praytell birthed these people?
the tale does not tell but who created God?

The oRIAn Trading Belt

wethepeople

overheard at lunch
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2008, 06:22:29 pm »
even if God does do something that creates something wrong, he fixes it
and he always will

Thats opinion, again. You can't prove God will fix everything. You can't prove anyone will come back, or that we'll be saved. Just because a book says so doesn't mean its right. =/

wethepeople

overheard at lunch
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2008, 06:23:01 pm »
Pie, Tomb is talking about the story, he said multiple times he doesn't believe it. Its just an interesting theory.

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
overheard at lunch
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2008, 06:23:03 pm »
hmm... let's think about this...
all-powerful deity
does he really need a reason?
he is all-powerful
and if there was no God there would be no anything

Offline Prince Tomb

• Funktuar
    • View Profile
overheard at lunch
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2008, 06:23:20 pm »
you aren't
more proof that Christians have warped the image of Lucifer

The oRIAn Trading Belt

Offline Prince Tomb

• Funktuar
    • View Profile
overheard at lunch
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2008, 06:24:01 pm »
hmm... let's think about this...
all-powerful deity
does he really need a reason?
he is all-powerful
and if there was no God there would be no anything
*cough* Big Bang

The oRIAn Trading Belt

Offline dark tyrant

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
overheard at lunch
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2008, 06:24:27 pm »
you aren't

...Wait a sec didn't the bible say "Do unto others."? How would you like it if I broke something of yours and didn't replace it?

« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 06:24:44 pm by dark tyrant »
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country." -General S. Patton Jr.

Don't make me angry, I'm running out of places to hide the bodies.

Offline Castille

• Cactuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
overheard at lunch
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2008, 06:25:49 pm »

Base on the bible and the story of adam and eve this is not true god did not want us to make our own decisions, adam and eve were created without the knowledge of good and evil which is the same as the ability to reason and thus the ability to sin, he did not want them to take from then tree they did and thus took that right which was not given to them by god, also just to defend women eve did not commit a sin in that story, sin requires knowledge of evil and knowing u are doing something wrong b4 eating the tree she did not have the knowledge of evil and thus did not sin thats a christian spin on the story

and the old testament defiantly supports wethepeople the god of the old testament is whinny and bitchy and makes mistakes

Offline pielord47

• the Lord of Pie
  • RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
  • the Lord of Pie
  • has 16 llamas
    • View Profile
overheard at lunch
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2008, 06:25:59 pm »
Thats opinion, again. You can't prove God will fix everything. You can't prove anyone will come back, or that we'll be saved. Just because a book says so doesn't mean its right. =/
wrong. First off, it is 66 books. Second off, it was written by a lot of writers who were told by God what to write. The Bible is historically acurate also. Historians have looked in the Bible. Bible says town here. They look. Town's there. Bible says king was here. They look. Oh, here is the tomb of that king.

wethepeople

overheard at lunch
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2008, 06:26:16 pm »
Right, he's the boss of the world and so he doesn't need reason...?

I just lost interest in this debate. Good game, comrades.

Offline invincible13matt

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 6.25" long.
  • has 43 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Realm of Mpire
  • Ruler: invincible13matt
overheard at lunch
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2008, 06:26:25 pm »
Just the sheer fact that we're asking a "why" question that we cannot reasonably answer is one of the reasons I believe in the Judeo-Christian God, and, ergo, Christianity. The fact that we can't answer the question means that we cannot begin to fathom God's reasoning, and I don't want to fathom God's reasoning. If I do, that means that I understand him. If I understand him, that puts him on my level. I would not like to be able to think that the wielder of infinite power has a level of intellectual ability equivalent to mine.

Second, the fact of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The Bible says that Christ was raised from the dead, and it has been proved an immensely reliable source throughout time. Because of this (and the failure of several theories to disprove the occurrence of such an event) I must believe the Bible entirely. Actually, a formerly atheist Oxford scholar once said that he wished more people would try to disprove the resurrection (which, coincidentally, if you can, you can destroy Christianity) because then there would be many more true Christians.

This is my reasoning for believing as I do, and I attempt to live as closely to the Bible as possible. I fail constantly.

A lot of the complaints about Christians come about the fakers, those who just want to use the Bible as an excuse. Please do not take me for one of those who fake, as I really do attempt to live as closely to the true Scriptures as possible. If I am wrong, I try to change. This is true Christianity, and we will not know the true Christians until the Rapture occurs, if it occurs in our lifetimes, or until we die, and are faced down by the almighty.
More resilient than Wile E. Coyote.

Third, Fourth Great War Veteran, War of the Coalition Veteran
Lands ravaged, cities in ruins, so many lives sacrificed, and yet there was no other word for it but victory.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 46 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317