Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: China's Problem.  (Read 2196 times)

Offline Mr_Cynic

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • war boner is 2.87" long.
  • has 70 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Mostly
  • Ruler: MrCynic
China's Problem.
« on: March 22, 2008, 03:35:48 pm »
China is managing the situation horribly; probably the worst PR disaster since Britain vs. Gandhi.  So first of all, who's the face of Tibet?  The Dalai Lama.  Who's he?  The leader of the world religion best kmeown for its constant peace and compassion, and he's the best example of it.  He's a remeowned peacemaker, and just generally the nicest, most likeable guy; it's really that simple, there are no more complex words for it.  He continues to advocate peaceful protest and outright friendship with the Chinese.  Secondly, there's Tibet itself.  China invaded it a fairly long time ago, and as far as I kmeow, they had literally no reason.  They can't justify it in any way, and they can hardly justify forcing the Dalai Lama into exile or having military crackdowns.  Furthermore, they're a Communist power in a world where nearly every other world power hates, or at least doesn't follow, Communism.  Also, Tibet is one of the most impoverished, even pathetic (in the genuinely feeling bad for the people sense) regions of the world, and this is a world where governments are blamed for that, so the blame falls on China.  Then, when the people protest peacefully, most of them being Buddhists and many being monks, China institutes military crackdowns; people trying to cross the border to visit exiled family members are frequently shot.  And what's the icing on the cake?  You're hosting the Olympics, so all eyes will be on you while you're supposed to be setting an example of a civilized country.

So here's the summary: you have no good reason, economic, ethnic, or otherwise, to occupy this country.  They don't want you.  They're saying so publicly.  Their figurehead is one of the most liked/loved and respected people in the whole world.  You're making yourself look bad.  What're you doing?
Quote from: Crunka
I like cats too. Let's exchange recipes.
Quote from: Flask
SPITE THE ROCK!
Quote from: Elijah S Konderwink
....I fucking hate you.
<Moldavi> lol

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • Awards Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Dave War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War One year of Random Insanity Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Veteran of the Karma War Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
  • war boner is 6.76" long.
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Pterrydactyl
  • Ruler: Pterrydactyl
China's Problem.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 03:45:28 pm »
Calling yourself america???

Haha j/k j/k

I'm pretty sure this will lead to the downfall of china.

I mean, once tibet starts uprisings they will eventually be successful.  Because the chinese censor so much, once stuff gets out, it will be difficult for them to cntrol which will lead to more uprisings and eventually a toppling of the government.  meow, heres the thing:

North Korea is protected by China.

IF China's government either topples, or has their miltiary distracted with stopping uprisings inside the country, NK will be basically defenseless from a northern attack.  ALL of their miltiary assets are designed to repel an invasion from SK and us.  If China is in lots of trouble, and we make a deal say:
We'll send you X amount of help if you give us this position to invade NK, they will probably accept.  Then, we could take out north Koreas army with less then 10% losses to our military force.  The ONLY advantage the NK have right meow is fixed artillary positions pointed south.

If I had to guess, I'd say that our government *might* throw some blackbook finances towards the rebels in china if they start to become successful because it would help us end the NK Reign of Terror.
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's stop calling it trolling
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Let's call it what it really is, okay?
<JeffGoldblum[TheRIA]>: Art

Quote from: Leo
Some days I think Mia is totally wrong and that I am completely normal. Today is one of those days.

Quote from: Dontasemebro
I just got off the phone with my ex and I know that no females are reasonable

Quote from: Abe Simpson
Leo
I think you are the most annoying poster on this site, honestly.
You are like two llamavores with twice as many animals fucking.
Your posts make me reconsider how long I've been here.
I honestly wonder if you are actually Chris Tucker.

Offline Mr_Cynic

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative
  • has 70 llamas
    • View Profile
China's Problem.
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 03:48:10 pm »
I just can't even see the logic.  I mean, what are they gaining from a little, impoverished, mountain country that hates them and is calling negative attention towards them during a critical year?  Why keep it?
SPITE THE ROCK!
....I fucking hate you.
<Moldavi> lol

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • Awards Four years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Three years of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has been Head of Recruitment RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Dave War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War One year of Random Insanity Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Veteran of the Karma War Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Military Operations
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
China's Problem.
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 03:55:45 pm »
Show of power.

You see, the chinese government relies on fear and power to control it's citizens.  How would it look to their citizens if they let a country they conquered go free beccause of protests and such?  How many more parts of china would follow that lead?

Like I said, this will lead to instability, and possibly a civil war.  The BEST thing we could do, is make a deal with whichever side is going to win for a place to launch an attack against North Korea.  That way, we could easily take down that crazy bastard in charge and dismantle their military.  Then, we re-unite North and South Korea and drop our peacekeeping force down.  I mean, you don't hear about it but a LARGE amount of North Korea hates the current government.  LEss then 10% of the country has power, water, and gas.  There is very little food becuase Noth Korea is mainly mountains, there are alot of problems.  I think that if we reunited North and south Korea, it would greatly benefit both sides.
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Some days I think Mia is totally wrong and that I am completely normal. Today is one of those days.

Leo

Offline Delta1212

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards The Disorder War Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Illuminati War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has assisted the HoIA in the Internal Affairs dept Has donated money for the RIA Has colonized the Moon! Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been a Triumvir
  • war boner is 16.44" long.
  • has 107 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Verspasia
  • Ruler: Delta1212
China's Problem.
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 04:23:28 pm »
Pterrydactylhis, China is one of the most rapidly growing economic powers in the world. In fact, if they wanted, they actually have the power to cripple the American economy any time they want. (Of course, doing so would wind up causing a global depression that would aversely affect their own country, but they could still do it). They are not going to be asking us to bail them out of anything in the near future.
It's ok Delta, the mods still love you.  But the forum skin is not a user and we cannot warn it.

<Away_Srqt[PG13]> thanks for satisfying my girlfriend delta
<Away_Srqt[PG13]> I appreciate it

The Truth about Scientology

Offline Preventer Wind

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
China's Problem.
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 04:29:59 pm »
We did some thing like this in the cold war did we not.
You kmeow giveing arms to the uprest to over throw the USSR.
Look what happend there.
Enemies you threaten make armies.
Enemies you destroy make graves.
Shinsei says "Forgive and forget."
 Why? So you can fool me again?
I have Rick rolled 4

Offline Joker

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nothingface/
China's Problem.
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 04:44:45 pm »
Han Chinese outnumber Tibetans in their home country. I don't foresee China burritos any time soon.

Also, China does have a good reason, in their eyes, to occupy the country - it's part of China. meow you may say Tibet was an independent nation, and, originally at least, full of Tibetans and not Chinese, but to them, it's akin to the Union occupying the Confederacy. It's reunifying their country. China did rule Tibet from the 1600's until 1912, and China reoccupied it around 1950. And as far as I kmeow, China never recognized Tibet's independence - it was only independent because for most of that time, China was in a state of civil war.

Now in NpO. Take that as you will.

Offline Arsenal 10

• Officer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • SPIEZ MASTER!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Four years of Random Insanity Has colonized the Moon! Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Recruitment One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Has been a diplomat Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has recruited a member into the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has donated money for the RIA Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 19.29" long.
  • has 250 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Goonville
  • Ruler: Arsenal 10
China's Problem.
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 04:46:30 pm »
Yay for NZ being the first to get free trade with China! I think..
Chillaxin since 3/23/2008

Quote from: Moth
On the contrary, I think we're being very unserious about this. If we were serious about this situation, it would have been settled in a matter of hours.
Quote from: cctmsp13
If you're good enough for Arsenal, then you're good enough for me.
Quote from: pielord47
Arsenal, have I mentioned how large my mother told me your cannon was? She said it was HUGE.

Offline Preventer Wind

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
China's Problem.
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 04:49:34 pm »
Thay also dont recognize the Yeti nation.
I have Rick rolled 4

Offline Mr_Cynic

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 70 llamas
    • View Profile
China's Problem.
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 04:51:35 pm »
Ok, so I can see the (semi) logic.  The fact remains that on an international standpoint, this makes them look pretty damn bad.
SPITE THE ROCK!
....I fucking hate you.
<Moldavi> lol

Offline Preventer Wind

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
China's Problem.
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 04:58:20 pm »
So did lead paint in the kids toys, the bad dog food, sars and bird flu.
I have Rick rolled 4

Offline Joker

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
China's Problem.
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008, 05:11:32 pm »
Quote from: Mr_Cynic
Ok, so I can see the (semi) logic.  The fact remains that on an international standpoint, this makes them look pretty damn bad.

Well...who cares? If there was a riot in Florida for independence and there was massive international outrage, would you think the US should give Florida independence?

Offline Mr_Cynic

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 70 llamas
    • View Profile
China's Problem.
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2008, 05:22:44 pm »
That's beside the point I'm currently trying to make.  It's not good PR for China in a year where they've already been getting a lot of bad PR.  But to respond to you...  Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the UN, not Serbia, choose to give Kosovo it's own independence?
SPITE THE ROCK!
....I fucking hate you.
<Moldavi> lol

Offline Joker

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
China's Problem.
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2008, 06:17:59 pm »
The point you're trying to make seems to be that China should give up what they consider to be part of their country for PR.

And you can't compare Serbia to the US or China. Seriously. If the UN declared part of the US or China independent, both of them are large and powerful enough to just laugh it off. Especially the US - we pay almost a quarter of the UN's expenses. Also Kosovo, IIRC, was already under UN jurisdiction due to the whole ethnic cleansing, so that makes Kosovo/Serbia's situation even more different.

Offline Mr_Cynic

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 70 llamas
    • View Profile
China's Problem.
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2008, 09:42:37 am »
If that's how it seems, then I apologize for being unclear.  All I was trying to say was that it looks bad for them.
SPITE THE ROCK!
....I fucking hate you.
<Moldavi> lol

Offline schneereich

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
China's Problem.
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2008, 12:47:53 pm »
Quote from: Joker
Quote from: Mr_Cynic

Well...who cares? If there was a riot in Florida for independence and there was massive international outrage, would you think the US should give Florida independence?

I live in Florida and I'm upset that our primary doesnt count. Plus we all speak Spanish but the gringos quieren que hablemos ingles. VIVA LA REVOLUCION!

As far as the protests in China go, the Tibetans turned violent before the military got involved. Many Tibetans claim that the younger generation is disillusioned with the concept of peaceful protests, and it's a cause for concern in their society.

Atonichis, this will not lead to the downfall of China. The vast majority of Chinese people support their government in doing this, because they see it as a bunch of rowdy separatists being put in their place. They aren't going to say "Hey, Tibet is protesting. So should we!" Moreover, the motive for the riots is only found in Tibet, not in the rest of the country. Oh, and China is definitely NOT using the military to its capacity in quelling the protests. They have the most soldiers in the world, and soldiers are all that matter when putting down revolts (not planes or ships). China would never make that kind of deal with the US. China is no stranger to this. Tiananmen Square, anyone?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 12:58:21 pm by schneereich »

Offline WestWind

• RItiree - burritos
  • Cactuar
  • Awards Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade
  • war boner is 6.26" long.
  • has 9 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Desert Wind
  • Ruler: WestWind
China's Problem.
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2008, 01:52:06 pm »
I can't be the only one wondering why this is in the Random Insanity forum and not the Debate forum. Quick, make this random and insane!

Offline Arsenal 10

• Officer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • SPIEZ MASTER!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Four years of Random Insanity Has colonized the Moon! Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been Head of Economics Has been Head of Recruitment One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Has been a diplomat Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has recruited a member into the RIA Was elected to be Captain Planet RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has donated money for the RIA Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 19.29" long.
  • has 250 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Goonville
  • Ruler: Arsenal 10
China's Problem.
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2008, 04:45:23 pm »
Quote from: WestWind
I can't be the only one wondering why this is in the Random Insanity forum and not the Debate forum. Quick, make this random and insane!
Don't worry about it man. Just [span style=\"color:#48D1CC\"]Chillax[/span].
Chillaxin since 3/23/2008

Quote from: Moth
On the contrary, I think we're being very unserious about this. If we were serious about this situation, it would have been settled in a matter of hours.
Quote from: cctmsp13
If you're good enough for Arsenal, then you're good enough for me.
Quote from: pielord47
Arsenal, have I mentioned how large my mother told me your cannon was? She said it was HUGE.

Offline Preventer Wind

• RItiree - burritos
  • RIctuar
    • View Profile
China's Problem.
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2008, 10:17:29 pm »
Florida should just stop voteing. It seems that the past 3 times you all did it did not count.
I have Rick rolled 4

Offline Pterrydactyl

• Floridian Tribal Elder
  • Funktuar
  • I'm Watching You...
  • has 146 llamas
    • View Profile
China's Problem.
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2008, 10:56:06 pm »
Quote from: Delta1212
Atonichis, China is one of the most rapidly growing economic powers in the world. In fact, if they wanted, they actually have the power to cripple the American economy any time they want. (Of course, doing so would wind up causing a global depression that would aversely affect their own country, but they could still do it). They are not going to be asking us to bail them out of anything in the near future.
They have a huge economy, but what they don't have, is a reliable military.  If there were civil war, their military would NOT be able to surpress it.  That is where we would come in.

I used to do analysis like this for a LIVING.
One Vision, One Purpose.

Is Dat My IMDB???

How Mogar talks on skype

Leo

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 49 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317