Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Well, Howdy guys! <_<  (Read 1952 times)

Offline The Unnamed Soldier

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
    • http://
Well, Howdy guys! <_<
« on: May 29, 2007, 06:51:44 pm »
How art thou upon such a fine good day?

Anyway, I'm bored so...

Any of you like Rammstein? If so...

Hmph. For once, I'm out of ideas.

Anyone here like Terranigma?

Offline Moth

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Veteran of the Baldr War 7 Years of Random Insanity Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Those who came over in the original wave Hero of the RIA RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Five years of Random Insanity Has donated money for the RIA Has been a diplomat Has recruited a member into the RIA Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Economics RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of Great War III RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the War of the Coalition Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been a Triumvir RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 17.1" long.
  • has 154 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Xythra
  • Ruler: Great Lord, Moth
Well, Howdy guys! <_<
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 06:52:39 pm »
Hey, Kite. ^_^

I'm peachy on this beautiful Spring day. =D

And yes, I do like Rammstein. <3

Quote from: The Paragon
All I know is you have the ability to make people look retarded.
Girl montage!

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
Well, Howdy guys! <_<
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 06:53:45 pm »
Rammstein = Win.

What shall I listen to?

Sonne, Rosenrot, Engel, Keine Lust, or Mein Teil?

Offline Moth

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Veteran of the Baldr War 7 Years of Random Insanity Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Those who came over in the original wave Hero of the RIA RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Five years of Random Insanity Has donated money for the RIA Has been a diplomat Has recruited a member into the RIA Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Economics RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of Great War III RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Veteran of the War of the Coalition Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been a Triumvir RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Four years of Random Insanity Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity
  • war boner is 17.1" long.
  • has 154 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Xythra
  • Ruler: Great Lord, Moth
Well, Howdy guys! <_<
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 06:58:39 pm »
OOMPH! - Gott ist ein tonicstar

If you like Rammstein, you'll like their primary influence. ;>.>

Quote from: The Paragon
All I know is you have the ability to make people look retarded.
Girl montage!

Offline Delta1212

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards The Disorder War Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Four years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of Great War III RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Karma War Has donated money for the RIA Has colonized the Moon! RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Has assisted the HoIA in the Internal Affairs dept Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been a Triumvir
  • war boner is 16.44" long.
  • has 107 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Verspasia
  • Ruler: Delta1212
Well, Howdy guys! <_<
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 07:03:57 pm »
<3 Rammstein both for the fact that the music is good and the lyrics are generally hilarious (in a somewhat twisted way). Wollt ihr das Bett in Flamen Sehen = Best title ever.
It's ok Delta, the mods still love you.  But the forum skin is not a user and we cannot warn it.

<Away_Srqt[PG13]> thanks for satisfying my girlfriend delta
<Away_Srqt[PG13]> I appreciate it

The Truth about Scientology

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
Well, Howdy guys! <_<
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 07:09:17 pm »
Wollt ihr das Bett in Flamen Sehen? What does that mean?
*Listens to Keine Lust*

>_>;

Offline Delta1212

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards The Disorder War Was a member of the SuperFriends delegation Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Four years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the Illuminati War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of Great War III RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Karma War Has donated money for the RIA Has colonized the Moon! RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA Has assisted the HoIA in the Internal Affairs dept Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been a Triumvir
  • has 107 llamas
    • View Profile
Well, Howdy guys! <_<
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 07:12:03 pm »
"Do you all want to see the bed in flames?"

Possibly my favorite band, which has only been reinforced by the fact that I now understand what they're actually saying XD
It's ok Delta, the mods still love you.  But the forum skin is not a user and we cannot warn it.

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
Well, Howdy guys! <_<
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 07:19:58 pm »
o_O Awkward title. <_<;

Offline Delta1212

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 107 llamas
    • View Profile
Well, Howdy guys! <_<
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 07:26:12 pm »
The one thing that really annoys me on the occasions that I actually look up the lyrics rather than translating them myself is the fact that there are so many truly poor translations. The one that gets me the most is the translation of "Du Hast" as "You Hate" because that doesn't even make sense in the context of the rest of the song. >_>

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
Well, Howdy guys! <_<
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 07:30:59 pm »
I always thought that "Du Hast" meaning "You Hate" and "You Have" Was supposed to be the whole point of the song, since the song itself was a play on wedding vows..

Offline Delta1212

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 107 llamas
    • View Profile
Well, Howdy guys! <_<
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 07:34:29 pm »
It is. But the pun only works in German. Translating it to English, you can't use "hate" or it winds up saying "You hate me asked" instead of "You asked me" >_>

• Baby Cactus
    • View Profile
Well, Howdy guys! <_<
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 07:41:34 pm »
I thought the pun was that it was

You

You Have (Hate)

You Have Me (Hate Me)

Meh

Offline Delta1212

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 107 llamas
    • View Profile
Well, Howdy guys! <_<
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 07:46:30 pm »
From memory, the lines are-

Du hast
Du hast mich
Du hast mich gefragt
Und ich hab' nichts gesagt

Because German sentence structure is weird, "Du hast mich gefragt" Means "You asked me" and the following line ("Und ich hab' nichts gesagt") means "And I said nothing"

The pun arises when you consider that "Du hast mich" is pronounced like "Du hasst mich" which means "You hate me"
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 07:47:29 pm by Delta1212 »

Offline Mr_Cynic

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex
  • war boner is 2.87" long.
  • has 70 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Mostly
  • Ruler: MrCynic
Well, Howdy guys! <_<
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 07:42:14 pm »
Am I the only one here who has no idea why that one s makes so much of a difference?
Quote from: Crunka
I like cats too. Let's exchange recipes.
Quote from: Flask
SPITE THE ROCK!
Quote from: Elijah S Konderwink
....I fucking hate you.
<Moldavi> lol

Offline Delta1212

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 107 llamas
    • View Profile
Well, Howdy guys! <_<
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 07:45:16 pm »
Do you understand the difference between the words "his" and "hiss"? Because that's how much of a difference it makes.

Offline Mr_Cynic

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Three years of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex
  • war boner is 2.87" long.
  • has 70 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Mostly
  • Ruler: MrCynic
Well, Howdy guys! <_<
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2007, 08:10:22 pm »
So in the one with one s, the s sounds like a z almost?  I'm seriously curious, German is 2nd on my list of languages I eventually want to learn in my spare time.  Gaelic is first.  Yes, I know Gaelic is useless.
Quote from: Crunka
I like cats too. Let's exchange recipes.
Quote from: Flask
SPITE THE ROCK!
Quote from: Elijah S Konderwink
....I fucking hate you.
<Moldavi> lol

Offline Delta1212

• Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 107 llamas
    • View Profile
Well, Howdy guys! <_<
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2007, 01:32:35 pm »
Both are pronounced exactly the same way, but mean completely different things. Sort of like bare and bear.

Offline zblewski

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Has been Head of Internal Affairs Was elected to be Captain Planet
  • war boner is 9.2" long.
  • has 34 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Nowi Kaszuby
  • Ruler: Zblewski
Well, Howdy guys! <_<
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2007, 01:37:03 pm »
Quote from: Mr_Cynic
So in the one with one s, the s sounds like a z almost?  I'm seriously curious, German is 2nd on my list of languages I eventually want to learn in my spare time.  Gaelic is first.  Yes, I know Gaelic is useless.

Try Kaszub. only 50,000 speakers, about 100-500 are in my great-grandparent's area. NO one in the country can read the language, written form was invented after the mass-immigration.

Nowi Kaszuby | Leader: Zblewski | CAPTAIN PLANET (Feb.-Aug. 2009) | Nations Anarchied For the RIA: 8

Quote from: Hyperonic
I just love unplugging that sum bitch just to watch y'all squeal.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 47 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317