Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Song of the Day  (Read 14741 times)

Offline Gangs

• RIAer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • LEGENDARY SPACE SUPER WARRIOR!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Veteran of the Karma War Has been a member of the Recruitment Leadership Team Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Recruitment Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has recruited a member into the RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has been a diplomat Has been a Foreign Affairs director
  • war boner is 13.72" long.
  • has 165 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Shadortha
  • Ruler: Pancaeks
Song of the Day
« Reply #140 on: October 24, 2009, 09:31:34 pm »
i like Hey Jude by the Beatles...well actually der only song i like....the first 4 minutes, not the last thousand NANANANANANANANANANANANANANA's

VIDEO
: i personally liked this better cause its a live performance and they sang it a bit differently then the recorded version, cool to see the people around them singing widem, also ders a sardar in der!

The Song With Lyrics
: studio version, but sounds a bit distorted, just a bit.

LOVE Album version, shorter
: just the song, i prefer the longer version though i couldn't find it (didn't really break my back searching) you should find it easily if you wanna hear it!

Hey Jude, but not Beatles
: a different take on hey Jude and just 2 min so do check it out!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 09:57:11 pm by gangs20003 »
<%Leo[RIA]> it's better to be feared than respected
<%Leo[RIA]> especially if you lost that respect mentally raping them with spam
Yeah, fuck you.
Those kind of pictures really don't do it for me. To each their own, I suppose.
Not enough goats?
Oh look, a kenny, i have found.
He likes his tits, all firm and round.
He's old as hay,
Some think he's gay.
His hair is purdy, it touches the ground.

Offline —-

• Cuba
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Has been Head of Internal Affairs
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 7 llamas
    • View Profile
Song of the Day
« Reply #141 on: October 30, 2009, 03:16:10 pm »
I'm seriously into Silversun Pickups these days. I just saw Image of the Invisible on the first page, love that song.

Anywho,
Lazy Eye
Well Thought Out Twinkles
(I keep reading Twinkles as Twinkies D: ), and
Substitution

And if you live anywhere in NY and listen to any radio station that plays rock I'm sure you've heard Panic Switch which is eh.

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been a Triumvir Six years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Baldr War Five years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Internal Affairs Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has colonized the Moon!
  • war boner is 21.03" long.
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Jenne
  • Ruler: Jenne
Song of the Day
« Reply #142 on: October 30, 2009, 03:48:49 pm »
Quote from: Loren
I'm seriously into Silversun Pickups these days. I just saw Image of the Invisible on the first page, love that song.

They just played around here a couple nights ago.  I only know this because a guy at work keeps talking about them, but then didnt go to the show.  Other than that, I know nothing about them.

C-zom

Song of the Day
« Reply #143 on: October 30, 2009, 03:48:57 pm »
I've been listening to way, way too much Dio era black sabbath than any human should but I've been on a kick for about a month now. Its pretty amazing how quick they can switch gears with him. One album will be upbeat and riff based, the next slow and doom-y. Really versatile guy/band obviously. Yes I know there's already a song today picked by Loren, I thought I'd round it out with something from my catalog...

If I had to pick one song from them:

Heaven & Hell

Offline —-

• Cuba
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 7 llamas
    • View Profile
Song of the Day
« Reply #144 on: October 30, 2009, 03:51:28 pm »
Oh crap, I didn't know it was just one song a day. I kinda skimmed and took it as "Post awesome music you think should be shared with others." C-Zom I'm listening to the song, I love the guy's voice and guitar so far is awesome. The bass makes me sad though.

I would KILL to see Silversun Pickups, omgosh. They're like my new Foo Fighters.

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • Awards Has been a Triumvir Six years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Baldr War Five years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs Has been Head of Recruitment Four years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Economics Was elected to be Captain Planet Three years of Random Insanity Inductee of the Golden Dong Has colonized Mars! RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has recruited a member into the RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Two Years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Military Operations Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Internal Affairs Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Has donated money for the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has colonized the Moon!
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
Song of the Day
« Reply #145 on: October 30, 2009, 03:51:44 pm »
Clay People -
Awake

I think I posted this in the Metal thread too.  I just happened to be listening to this song when I got home.

C-zom

Song of the Day
« Reply #146 on: October 30, 2009, 03:54:19 pm »
Quote from: Jenne
Clay People -
Awake

I think I posted this in the Metal thread too.  I just happened to be listening to this song when I got home.

Not really a fan of industrial metal. I tried hard to listen to some popular Industrial bands ages ago. NIN, Clay People, and some other less common ones. I just couldn't get into it.

Offline —-

• Cuba
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 7 llamas
    • View Profile
Song of the Day
« Reply #147 on: October 30, 2009, 03:55:45 pm »
I don't know why but I really like Trent Reznor. I think he's just a really cool modern musician who's seriously talented and creative, but probably really grumpy since he's by himself so much. :NIN Fan:

Never heard of Clay People though, listening to Awake in 52 seconds
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 03:56:10 pm by Loren »

C-zom

Song of the Day
« Reply #148 on: October 30, 2009, 03:55:56 pm »
Oh crap, I didn't know it was just one song a day. I kinda skimmed and took it as "Post awesome music you think should be shared with others." C-Zom I'm listening to the song, I love the guy's voice and guitar so far is awesome. The bass makes me sad though.

I would KILL to see Silversun Pickups, omgosh. They're like my new Foo Fighters.

His voice is pretty sweet, he can switch gears from pissed to sad in a second. And that riff rules: Iommi is the man when it comes to catchy riffs. As for the bass, its unusual to see a bass be the main instrument. Its a sad bass line, but fits through the song.

And you know I love me some Silversun Pickups. They were playing in north NJ recently but I didn't have the damn 60 dollars for each ticket to see em.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 03:56:06 pm by C-zom »

Offline —-

• Cuba
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 7 llamas
    • View Profile
Song of the Day
« Reply #149 on: October 30, 2009, 03:57:51 pm »
I thought it was cool how you could hear the bass for once, let alone have something to say about it. IN the end half of the song it changes up a bit, so really no complaints. I'd download it, but... siiiigh. I buy music now.

Why did I not know they were touring >__< BLAST THE WORLD.

C-zom

Song of the Day
« Reply #150 on: October 30, 2009, 03:59:21 pm »
Yeah, it changes gears at the end. It gets really upbeat and then settles down to a pretty cool acoustic ballad thing with Dio humming. I saw this song live and they extended it to twenty six minutes. Man, that was an experience.

Well, I would have told you but your poo poo computer exploded. :<

Offline —-

• Cuba
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 7 llamas
    • View Profile
Song of the Day
« Reply #151 on: October 30, 2009, 04:01:08 pm »
Twenty six minutes... wooah. Black Crowes did that with  3 songs when I saw them so a good part of that conert was just them all jamming around but it was awesome. And loud. Very loud.

C-zom

Song of the Day
« Reply #152 on: October 30, 2009, 04:05:14 pm »
You finally got to see BC live? Nice. How were they?

Offline —-

• Cuba
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 7 llamas
    • View Profile
Song of the Day
« Reply #153 on: October 30, 2009, 04:08:19 pm »
They were so good, you had the singer on harmonica for half the time and he'd be trying to outdo his brother on guitar and then the two guitarists would be trying to out do the other and the drummer was insane and it was the best show I've been to in a long time.

C-zom

Song of the Day
« Reply #154 on: October 30, 2009, 04:13:10 pm »
I'm gonna go ahead and post another song on here. I probably posted it before, but oh well. Acid Bath is an extremely versatile band and this particular acoustic-only song is one of the creepiest, yet most calming, songs I've heard. At around 1:42 it becomes one of my favorite vocal songs from them, or in the genre in general. Its worth double posting.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt_XLeRrx_0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt_XLeRrx_0</a>

Offline —-

• Cuba
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 7 llamas
    • View Profile
Song of the Day
« Reply #155 on: October 30, 2009, 04:19:47 pm »
Clay People - Awake was alright.  Not bad but I didn't find it to be awesome. I've to be in a certain kind of mood to be into that kind of music though.

Pre- 1:42 it sounds very dismal, can't hear the words too well since I've to have the music low, mom's asleep. I like the effect on his voice, reminds me of Manson.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 04:20:13 pm by Loren »

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
Song of the Day
« Reply #156 on: October 30, 2009, 05:33:26 pm »
Quote from: C-zom
Quote from: Jenne
Clay People -
Awake

Not really a fan of industrial metal. I tried hard to listen to some tonicular Industrial bands ages ago. NIN, Clay People, and some other less common ones. I just couldn't get into it.

Clay People - Awake was alright.  Not bad but I didn't find it to be awesome. I've to be in a certain kind of mood to be into that kind of music though.

Yeah, I was not a huge fan.  Awake was a pretty good angry song.  I went to school around Albany, where they are from, so they were on the radio alot.  I saw them open for Type O about 10 years ago.  I only have that album.  I have tried to download some of their other stuff, but it's kinda hard to find.  That and I have not tried very hard.

Offline —-

• Cuba
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 7 llamas
    • View Profile
Song of the Day
« Reply #157 on: October 30, 2009, 05:35:12 pm »
Ahhh man, Typo O Negative? I remember them, haven't heard them in a while.

Offline Jenne

• I am your overlord!
  • Cactus Emeritus
  • Cactimus Prime
  • has 442 llamas
    • View Profile
Song of the Day
« Reply #158 on: October 30, 2009, 05:37:58 pm »
Ahhh man, Typo O Negative? I remember them, haven't heard them in a while.
I was listening to them the other day.  Still love that shit.  Such a great sound.  It's just so full, and Peter Steele's voice can shake the earth.  I have seen them 4 times.  Once on Halloween.  Great show.  I hit Peter in the head with a roll of toilet paper.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 05:38:43 pm by Jenne »

Offline —-

• Cuba
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • war boner is 9" long.
  • has 7 llamas
    • View Profile
Song of the Day
« Reply #159 on: October 30, 2009, 05:39:55 pm »
XD Dude. Awesome. he looks so... much like you'd picture with that voice. Black #1 is such a good song.

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 43 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317