Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Eldar Scrolls Oblivion isn't that good...  (Read 1901 times)

wethepeople

Eldar Scrolls Oblivion isn't that good...
« on: September 01, 2007, 08:22:48 pm »
My rig:

Windows XP SP2 Home
Pentium D 820 2.80GHz
3GB DDR2 RAM
Radeon x1600 pro 512MB OC'd
228GB SATA HDD 7200RPM

I play on mostly medium settings all around, but no AA. So don't say I'm not getting a good feel of the visuals. They rule. But the game isn't that fun. I played through the opening act, went through one of the most confusing and overhyped character creation systems of ALL TIME, and then fought my way through the pitch black (Not my monitor.) dungeon and yada yada and finally reached land. Beautiful? Yes. Thats it. The world is freaking empty. Having played Stalker, I'm used to people going to and fro, mutants and animals running on un-scripted pathes, etc. But this was terrible. There was nothing within sight for miles. So I went to the nearest town where it was the usual bunch of douchebags scripted to walk around, some ambient dialogue, etc. Then it pushes you head first into the story you /must/ follow and then I saved and stopped. So far not so good. No excitement, no real customibility (Mages and thieves still seem useless--So do all premade classes. Custom is the way to go. It always is.), Races go from good to bad with no balancing going on, and it just seems like a mess. Light armor is (Still) stronger than heavy and more useful, there seems to be WAY less weapons (No spears/halberds or staff weapons, not maybe daggers and not many war hammers or axes.) The facial customizing was OK at best, but it was not what was told to me over and over. It was actually really confusing, and no facial hair (Wanted to make Snake Plissken) for the loose.

Offline crazyisraelie

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Veteran of the Karma War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of Great War III Three years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Recruitment One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been a Foreign Affairs director Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 5.4" long.
  • has 5 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Kingdom of Zion
  • Ruler: crazyisraelie
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 09:06:44 pm »
Pentium D 820 2.80GHz
3GB DDR2 RAM
Radeon x1600 pro 512MB OC'd

This is your problem. Your video card could have been a lot better. Also you should have gotten a better processor from AMD for the same price.

Yes I am a self righteous asshole. Deal with it.

Offline Shyox

• RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave
  • war boner is 0.26" long.
  • has 29 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Casterly Rock
  • Ruler: leonardothered
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 09:16:29 pm »
... Well, you don't have to follow the story.

There are an ASSLOAD of quests. The part I hate the most about this game is that you have to start over from the beginning in the sewer everytime.
A Lannister always pays his debts

wethepeople

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 09:29:47 pm »
>_>

...-Sigh-

Its a prebuilt, and I'm not made of money. Bought and OC'd the card myself about a year ago and exactly one day before the 8 series came out (Wasn't too keen on cards back then). Basically I bought the x1600 a day before ALL cards got a huge price drop when I could have bought a x1800 or 7900 for the same price, but oh well. The card has performed miracles for me. Medieval II on high settings gets about 20FPS with 1000 men on screen, Shadow of Chernobyl gets about 40FPS on max settings, Battlefield 2 maxed out completely gets 70FPS, etc. Thats just a few of all the games the x1600 pro has conquered for me. Oblivion is Medium-high with 30FPS outside and 20FPS inside dungeons with fog.

bioakky

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 10:08:52 pm »
Quote from: wethepeople
and then fought my way through the pitch black (Not my monitor.) dungeon
It's your monitor.

wethepeople

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 10:39:00 pm »
Orly?

Actually turned up the brightness from its default on Oblivion, that fixed it.

Offline schneereich

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 01:11:41 am »
yeah that card is shit for oblivion. i was playing on a geforce 6600gt and felt the same pain. then lightning owned my computer so i got a core2 duo and an x1900xtx (and a better surge protector). that was a good lightning strike.

wethepeople

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2007, 01:12:31 am »
Card is fine. Did some tweaking, most of everything is maxed out. Who needs freaking tree shadows? Thats all I had to cut.

Offline schneereich

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2007, 01:16:17 am »
i need freaking tree shadows. also, what resolution do you use?

have fun with the dark brotherhood. they give you a horse. and you can assassinate people. what could be better?

wethepeople

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 01:17:22 am »
Thats actually who I'm gonna join. =/ The guilds... they are way lacking, Morrowind so far owns this game.

1024*768

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT, I NEED A NEW CARD. =/ But that means a PS replacement, new Mobo and thus a Core 2 duo and then I need to reconfigure this asshat RAM setup...

Too much money.

Offline schneereich

• RIctuar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 01:58:39 am »
i thought morrowind was more interesting than oblivion. but oblivion is SO PRETTY!
there's always something to do to your computer... i could do with another 2GB of ram and a 150GB raptor, but im not made of money either

wethepeople

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2007, 01:59:53 am »
You and I are probably thinking of the same Raptor. I WANT THAT DRIVE.

Offline Vector

• RItiree - burritos
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2007, 09:26:12 am »
heh

p4 3.0
1 gig dram
x600 gforce
dell (tis devil spawn)

somehow i still am to find a game i cant play on it
that being said most of my games are 04'-06' because i'm too cheep to get new stuff but, i belive that i can run bioshock

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Flask)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Flask)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]"Former HoFA, Remember? Back When Moth Was Good At Government. When The Crops Were Healthy And The Birds Sang. The Birds Don't Sing Any moar. Moth Had The Birds Executed By Firing Squad The Day Of His Election To Triumvirate. Now The Crops Are Dead. Sucks."[/quote]

Offline Shyox

• RIAer
  • RIctuar
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave
  • war boner is 0.26" long.
  • has 29 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Casterly Rock
  • Ruler: leonardothered
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2007, 10:51:10 am »
My good machine has an X1950 on it, Pentium 4 2.8 gig dual processors, and 3.00 Gigs of Ram.

My dad uses it for his music stuff, but he lets me put games on it.

It's awesome. Really, I don't think all of the other machines in the house combined could make a better machine.
A Lannister always pays his debts

Offline Damen

• RItiree - burritos
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2007, 11:17:45 am »
Nothing around for miles? There's like 3 dungeons that I always raid before heading into the Imperial City.

I got to level 30 before I decided to go find the King's heir.

[23:02] loren: You're pants are very fun

Andy says:
lorens not responding so HI LORENS MOM
Andy says:
HELLO BARBARA
Andy says:
I KNOW YOUR NAME
Andy says:
I'VE SEEN YOUR DAUGHTER NAKED, HAVE YOU?
loren says:
FUCK YOU MAN
loren says:
SHE ALMOST SAW THAT
loren says:
O_O

[span style="color:#48D1CC"]I WILL NOT REMOVE THIS UNTIL KENNY DECLARES DEFEAT[/span] 8-2-07

wethepeople

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2007, 01:39:29 pm »
Quote from: Vector
heh

p4 3.0
1 gig dram
x600 gforce
dell (tis devil spawn)

somehow i still am to find a game i cant play on it
that being said most of my games are 04'-06' because i'm too cheep to get new stuff but, i belive that i can run bioshock

No.. no you can't. I can't even run it. x1600 runs circles around the x600, even though both cards aren't that good. Get a dual core you guys, they're much better then P4's now. Even the Pentium D is.

Anyway its getting pretty good now. I'm trying some jobs, saving for a horse and some new armor, etc. Its no where /near/ as good as Stalker was in terms of giving you stuff to do, but oh well.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 01:42:16 pm by wethepeople »

Offline Damen

• RItiree - burritos
  • God Emperor Cactus
  • Awards Those who came over in the original wave Was elected to be Captain Planet Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2007, 07:48:58 pm »
Don't save for a horse.

You get the best horse in the game if you do the Assassin's Guild missions.

To do that, just kill an innocent person that didn't provoke you and you get a message from them

Andy says:
Andy says:
HELLO BARBARA
Andy says:
I KNOW YOUR NAME
Andy says:
loren says:
FUCK YOU MAN
loren says:
SHE ALMOST SAW THAT
loren says:
O_O

[span style="color:#48D1CC"]I WILL NOT REMOVE THIS UNTIL KENNY DECLARES DEFEAT[/span] 8-2-07

Offline Damen

• RItiree - burritos
  • God Emperor Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2007, 07:49:21 pm »
Also, the best armor can be easily raided.

Andy says:
Andy says:
HELLO BARBARA
Andy says:
I KNOW YOUR NAME
Andy says:
loren says:
FUCK YOU MAN
loren says:
SHE ALMOST SAW THAT
loren says:
O_O

Offline Damen

• RItiree - burritos
  • God Emperor Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2007, 07:50:54 pm »
<_< And you misspelled elder

Andy says:
Andy says:
HELLO BARBARA
Andy says:
I KNOW YOUR NAME
Andy says:
loren says:
FUCK YOU MAN
loren says:
SHE ALMOST SAW THAT
loren says:
O_O

Offline Damen

• RItiree - burritos
  • God Emperor Cactus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2007, 07:50:55 pm »
<_< And you misspelled elder

Andy says:
Andy says:
HELLO BARBARA
Andy says:
I KNOW YOUR NAME
Andy says:
loren says:
FUCK YOU MAN
loren says:
SHE ALMOST SAW THAT
loren says:
O_O

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 41 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317