Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Only bad part about brand new computers?  (Read 1784 times)

Offline rlrcstrnthusiast

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards The Disorder War Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Four years of Random Insanity Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Was elected to be Captain Planet Has colonized the Moon! Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Internal Affairs Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 21.55" long.
  • has 263 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Dilbobagginese
  • Ruler: rlrcstrnthusiast
Only bad part about brand new computers?
« on: February 20, 2013, 11:48:58 pm »
All the crap you need to un/install when you initially get it.

Give a black man a dumbbell, and he'll find a way to work out every muscle with it.

Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth P67 B3. Power Supply: Antec 80+ rated 750 Watt. Processor: Intel CoreI7 2600K @ 3.4GHz.  RAM: 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Mem @1600 MHz. Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti graphics.

Offline Arsenal 10

• Officer
  • Cactimus Prime
  • SPIEZ MASTER!
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Four years of Random Insanity Has colonized the Moon! Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex Three years of Random Insanity Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Economics Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Veteran of the Karma War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of the Illuminati War Has been a diplomat Has recruited a member into the RIA Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Was elected to be Captain Planet RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has donated money for the RIA Has been Head of Foreign Affairs
  • war boner is 19.29" long.
  • has 250 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: Goonville
  • Ruler: Arsenal 10
Re: Only bad part about brand new computers?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 02:14:05 am »
Aren't there websites that do all of that for you?
Chillaxin since 3/23/2008

Quote from: Moth
On the contrary, I think we're being very unserious about this. If we were serious about this situation, it would have been settled in a matter of hours.
Quote from: cctmsp13
If you're good enough for Arsenal, then you're good enough for me.
Quote from: pielord47
Arsenal, have I mentioned how large my mother told me your cannon was? She said it was HUGE.

Offline ERROR[08001][ODBC Driver][SQL Database Server Not Found]

• RItiree - burritos
  • Baby Cactus
  • We have achieved victory at a great cost.
  • Awards The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War
  • war boner is 4.26" long.
  • has 33 llamas
    • View Profile
    • EMERGENCY BROADCAST SYSTEM
  • Nation: Marvaria
  • Ruler: Jeovan
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 12:25:26 pm »
The biggest problem with brand new computers is how perfect they are. It's the best it will ever be. After using it the battery life keeps getting less and less, it starts to overheat and random bugs happen. A year after you get the compo, you will look back on the first time you opened it up with sadness.

Offline rlrcstrnthusiast

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards The Disorder War Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Four years of Random Insanity Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Was elected to be Captain Planet Has colonized the Moon! Has been an officer or SiC of a bRIgade Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War Two Years of Random Insanity One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the War of the Coalition RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has been Head of Internal Affairs Veteran of the Karma War RIAer has built a Weapons Research Complex RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative Has donated money for the RIA Has recruited a member into the RIA RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • has 263 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 11:13:35 pm »
Aren't there websites that do all of that for you?

You would think they just don't include a bunch of shit with them. Oh well. I have it mostly fixed.

Also, what the heck? It dynamically switches between the onboard video and the graphics card I have installed on it. Stupid.

Give a black man a dumbbell, and he'll find a way to work out every muscle with it.

Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth P67 B3. Power Supply: Antec 80+ rated 750 Watt. Processor: Intel CoreI7 2600K @ 3.4GHz.  RAM: 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Mem @1600 MHz. Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti graphics.

Offline Buck Turgidson

• Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room!
  • RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • He'll see the big board!
  • Awards Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Military Operations The Disorder War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • war boner is 11.13" long.
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
    • Spank my ass and call me Judy.
  • Nation: Darwinium of Slugs
  • Ruler: GrilledSlug
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 07:24:31 am »
I only ever build my own.  Even after all your uninstalling, you will wind up with a bloated registry.

Your dynamic switching is because you haven't disabled the onboard video via BIOS.

Offline rlrcstrnthusiast

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 263 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 09:44:23 am »
Hard to build a laptop. Not impossible, but hard. That's why I opted to buy it instead of build it myself.

Offline Buck Turgidson

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Has been Head of Recruitment Has been Head of Military Operations The Disorder War Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Equilibrium War Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has built a Strategic Defense Initiative RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 10:04:32 am »
Sorry didn't realize it was a laptop.  Still, with laptops I always perform a fresh install from my own copy of the OS.  You risk some driver issues, but invariably get better performance and stability.  Especially if it's a Sony.

Offline rlrcstrnthusiast

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 263 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 11:01:05 am »
Oh I did. Still not quite running like a champ, but I'll figure out a way around the stupid video card switching. There is no BIOS option. Believe me -- I checked first thing when I realized it was running onboard. There's a "new" technology that forces a switch between onboard and actual to preserve battery life.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 11:02:47 am by rlrcstrnthusiast »

Offline cctmsp13

• Viceroy
  • Funktuar
  • Viceroy of the RIA - Maru!
  • Awards 7 Years of Random Insanity The Disorder War Veteran of the Equilibrium War Veteran of the Dave War Five years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Pandora's Box-NpO War Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Economics Three years of Random Insanity Veteran of the of the Bipolar War One year of Random Insanity Two Years of Random Insanity Veteran of the Unjust War Veteran of the War of the Coalition Veteran of Great War III Veteran of the Karma War RIAer is armed with nuclear weaponry Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Was elected to be Captain Planet RIAer has been hit with nuclear weapons in defense of RIA Has donated money for the RIA Has been a diplomat
  • war boner is 19.11" long.
  • has 318 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: korinekia
  • Ruler: cctmsp13
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2013, 08:40:33 pm »
That's a NVidia thing (Optimis I believe), try the Nvidia control panel (I think it's only turns the video card on when you're using DirectX)

I'm keeping this banner.

<cctmsp13[RIA]> www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz9U9qGGYmo
<Drummer[FF]> lmao
<Croix> what the fucking shit
<Croix> did i just click cctmsp13[RIA]
<cctmsp13[RIA]> not sure
<Croix> those two girls murdered a robot, and the robot seemed to enjoy it.
<cctmsp13[RIA]> oh that
<Croix> then they... i don't even know, charged up a portable generator on their vibrators?
<Croix> the fuck is wrong with you:X

cctmsp13, President of Korinekia
Viceroy of The RIA
Sovereign of the NPL

Offline rlrcstrnthusiast

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 263 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 11:45:56 pm »
I tried using those options. D3 still pops like mad. Considering I have a GTX680, that shit shouldn't happen. It looks like, even though I changed the settings, it's still defaulting to the integrated.

Offline Buck Turgidson

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 09:52:20 am »
I tried using those options. D3 still tonics like mad. Considering I have a GTX680, that shit shouldn't happen. It looks like, even though I changed the settings, it's still defaulting to the integrated.

Dude!  How do you have a GTX680 in a laptop?  I have one in my tower, and I swear it is bigger than a laptop...  It rivals my dick for length and girdth.

I tell you, the problem is in the BIOS.  You have to disable the onboard.  I am sure it can be done via UEFI, but at worst case, you should be able to via Control Properties/System
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 09:55:04 am by GrilledSlug »

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Hero of the RIA The Disorder War Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Economics Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat
  • war boner is 13.69" long.
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
  • Nation: My new new Nation
  • Ruler: The decimator
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 01:48:19 pm »
my laptop does the same thing. Open up the intel control panel, somewhere in there is when to use on-board vs discrete. Set it how you want. I couldn't turn my off entirely no matter how far i looked, it always used it for desktop applications and the desktop.
please ignore the above post, it is most likely worthless and a waste of your time to read.
TL;DR go on with your life while you still can.

Offline rlrcstrnthusiast

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 263 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2013, 02:15:44 pm »
I tried using those options. D3 still tonics like mad. Considering I have a GTX680, that shit shouldn't happen. It looks like, even though I changed the settings, it's still defaulting to the integrated.

Dude!  How do you have a GTX680 in a laptop?  I have one in my tower, and I swear it is bigger than a laptop...  It rivals my dick for length and girdth.

I tell you, the problem is in the BIOS.  You have to disable the onboard.  I am sure it can be done via UEFI, but at worst case, you should be able to via Control Properties/System

And I'm telling you it's literally impossible.

my laptop does the same thing. Open up the intel control panel, somewhere in there is when to use on-board vs discrete. Set it how you want. I couldn't turn my off entirely no matter how far i looked, it always used it for desktop applications and the desktop.

That's the best I can do, but for some reason, it seems like the onboard keeps trying to prove it's better than it is.

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • Awards Hero of the RIA The Disorder War Formerly a member of Sol Veteran of the Equilibrium War Has been Head of Foreign Affairs One year of Random Insanity Veteran of the Dave War RIAer has been blown to ZI in defense of RIA Veteran of the Grudge War (TOP/NpO) Has been Head of Economics Has assisted the HoE in the economics dept Has been a diplomat
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2013, 04:22:32 pm »
yeah, GS you underestimate how baddly whoever made his laptop wants to make it so your battery life is an extra 10 mins longer. That way you cant complain about the short battery life in your desktop replacement lapptop.
please ignore the above post, it is most likely worthless and a waste of your time to read.

Offline Buck Turgidson

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2013, 10:33:15 pm »
yeah, GS you underestimate how baddly whoever made his laptop wants to make it so your battery life is an extra 10 mins longer. That way you cant complain about the short battery life in your desktop replacement lapptop.

Yeah that makes sense.  BTW I showed your avatar to the Russian HR director at my company and she had a fit.  A bad one.  One unhappy, heartless HR bitch.

Offline Brian

• Funktuar
  • Funktuar
  • has 320 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 09:17:29 pm »
how amusing lol

Offline rlrcstrnthusiast

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 263 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2013, 06:55:24 am »
I've never had a good experience with HR.

Offline Buck Turgidson

• RIAer
  • Funktuar
  • has 341 llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2013, 10:10:16 am »
Yeah - it's usually lights out when HR wants to see you...

* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Gangs Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Imagine still posting on RIA to talk to old clowns.  Author: C-zom Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Brian Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* I don't know if I should start a new topic  Author: Muji111 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Leo Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: im317 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Crazyman93 Forum: Random lnsanity
* Re: This place still exists  Author: Fake from State Jarm Forum: Random lnsanity

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Scratch Design by DzinerStudio

Page created in 0.281 seconds with 46 queries.
Triumvirate:
Shadow

Head of Foreign Affairs:
Brian

Head of Internal Affairs:
Croix

Head of Military Operations:
im317